Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Ginza / Shinbashi / Tsukiji
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (645)
November 20, 2010
The hotel is situated in part of the much larger Shiodome Sumitomo building itself part of the Shiodome development, built right over Shiodome subway station. If you are looking for a modern hotel in a very convenient location in a business area this place fits the bill. This is not a nightlife area or a shopping area. Also the rooms are typically Japan sized and the hotel does not have a unique character. However, if you want something that works at a reasonable price try it.
November 09, 2010
New spacious hotel in Shiodome
room size and condition, proximity to transport
The hotel itself was great, very modern and thoughtfully decorated. Located next to the Conrad hotel so easy access by airport limousine bus from Narita. 10-15 minute walk from Ginza, but not very much of interest in the immediate area. very good transport links with metro, JR railway and monorail all within easy reach of the hotel. Not so convenient if you want to just walk out at night and find a nice local place to eat. Breakfast was included- which is a bonus, not an extensive range of food but quite adequate.
go to the top floor bar at the Conrad and have a coffee or drink (only one -it is expensive!) - lovely views over the city.
November 08, 2010
Convenient location, new and modern hotel
Next door to the subway station, rooms are new and a decent size, modern decor and cheerful deocr
Overall, we liked the hotel, especially for its convenient location. The subway station is a 5 minute walk away. It was also only a 20 minute walk to the Tsukiji fish market.
The room was a decent size, considering the room rate, so I would say it was a good value for money. Breakfast was included and it was ok - although I would have preferred to have our own breakfast table - it was a cafeteria style buffet breakfast and you have to share tables or counters.
Staff speak little English, but we have found that to be common throughout Japan.
Very convenient to get to Tsukiji market (especially if you plan to attend the auction at 6 a.m.!). You can get a map or directions from hotel staff.
United States of America,
November 07, 2010
Stylish hotel convenient to transport
close to metro, train, and airport shuttle stop
The hotel is clean and modern, close to a wide choice of restaurants and a short walk from metro and train stations. It is also convenient to the airport shuttle bus, which stops at the Conrad hotel in the next building (this is very important, since taxis are prohibitively expensive in Tokyo.) Rooms are small but adequate and fairly well priced for Tokyo. The Front Desk staff is helpful, and the breakfst buffet (included in the price) has a range of Japanese and Western options.
November 04, 2010
Value for Money
Location is good as it is connected to an underground walkway, breakfast is good although you cannot expect much variety given the price you are paying for your stay, the rooms are bigger than what I have been used to having in Japan, the hotel is very modern and it looks really new as the rooms are very nice and amenities are more than what I have expected; and front desk staff are speak English well.
I had a most comfortable hassle-free stay in this hotel and I will really come back to this hotel if I visit Tokyo. It is around 20 minutes walk to the Tsukiji Market. I found its lobby pretty and very quiet lobby and the atrium of the building in which it is located is amazing (it is in a very modern high rise mixed use building). There is a good variety of shops and restaurants just outside the hotel. It is easy to find and it took us an easy 10 mins walk in the underground walkway to get to it from the JR Station. I can't ask for more.
While this is probably one of the nearest hotels to the Tsukiji Market, the map available in the hotel was not detailed enough for us to easily follow, besides, don't be misled into thinking that getting to the market at 430am and leaving the hotel at 4am will enable you to get accomodated in the 140 slots available for those who are allowed to enter the tuna auction area. I believe there are people who already spend the night in the area and wait until the queueing for the list because when we got there are 4:30am, all the slots have been taken. So dont be over confident that you can make just because you stay nearby...
October 25, 2010
Execllent place to stay
Great location, good price and very comfortable
This was an excellent place to stay, really good location close to the train, restaurants and well located for sightseeing. We were happily surprised to find breakfast included in the price. All the facilities we required were available including free internet and coin laundry.
United States of America,
October 25, 2010
lovely hotel pleasant staff
small room but average by Japanese standards, I think. charming. very firm mattress, a little too firm for us.
helpful staff, language skills could have been better.
United States of America,
October 24, 2010
Great location...for us
Desk staff was very helpful and courteous.
We live in the suburbs of Tokyo but were going to have a late night downtown so we decided to take a hotel room downtown. The Hotel Villa Fontaine Shiodome happened to be next to the restaurant. That was the main reason for selecting it. No frills, but clean and quite. ANd there's a popular coffee shop nearby!
Hotel Feature Tip:
Try not to exchange currency at the hotel--the rate was very high.
October 22, 2010
Nice location. Nice hotel.
Decor is nice. In room internet access included with room is great. Nice staff as well.
I stayed for two nights at this hotel. Room, bed and bathroom are nice. Internet access was great (as mentioned in the title) and the cable is provided in the room, so no need to make a trip to the front desk to ask for one and then return it later. Breakfast selection is limited but nothing to complain about given the hotel price. The room was a bit dusty in places I don't reasonably think it should have been (i.e. headboard and bedside table). Business centre came in handy with it's free printing too. Definately a hotel I would go to again.
Ginza is a short and pleasant walk away. Even if you're only going to window shop (unless Ferragamo and Prada are your style) it's a nice area.
October 22, 2010
Very modern hotel and well furnished.
Very convenient to subway lines, restaurants and shopping
Staff were very helpful with recommendations and directions on where to go. Were provided a map by the hotel which made navigation so much easier. Very convenient to Shimbashi which has great food and shopping.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Hotel Villa Fontaine Shiodome, Tokyo
- Beautiful hotel, 20 min walk to Ginza - great beautiful building, very "blade runner" experience whe
- Clean, affordable and centrally located business h -
- Convenient location and nice hotel - the hotel is conveniently located within walking distances t
- Everything Impressed - Staff were helpful and thoughtful - as a non Japanese speake
- Excellent Accomodation - Great hotel, fantastic location, 2 blocks away from Tsukiji
- exelent - good service, exelent location and great staff
- Fantastic hotel with everything you need - We had a fantastic 2 nights in Tokyo made easy by our stay a
- Good business hotel, but bad for tourist - actually it's not a bad hotel, it's pretty good one. the lob
- Good business hotel - Hotel room size are ok considering Tokyo.
Hotel is well loc
- Good hotel but was a bit too hot - generally had a good stay. was a bit too hot as hotel follo
- Good location - The hotel is situated in part of the much larger Shiodome Su
- Good value for money - Staff very freindly and helpful. Can see they have been pro
- Great business hotel - Hotel Villa Fontaine Shiodome (pronounced as Shi-o-do-me) is
- Great deal on an excellent all-around hotel - Having stayed in a number of hotels in Tokyo over the last f
- Great Everything! - The location was great and close to the locations and other
- Great hotel great location - We really had a great stay at this hotel and recommend it to
- Great location but no internet - this hotel was pretty good, but not in the same league as th
- Great location for Tokyo visit -
- great location, nice rooms - really nice rooms. fast elevator. breakfast was good, a litl
- Great location - stayed for 10 days it was very pleasant. simple japanese buf
- great stay in Hotel Villa Fontaine Shiodome - I can put it in one word - it was great.
Easy access from a
- Hotel Villa Fontaine Shiodome -
- Modern hotel with great service - Villa Fontaine Shiodome is located in the new and beautiful
- Nice design Hotel - Very nice design hotel nearby Subway and Trainstation very c
- Nice hotel , good service - Hotel is modern , clean & tidy ....
good location ... close
- Nice Hotel with big room - the location of the hotel is very near to train station whic
- Nice hotel with friendly and helpful staff -
- Nice hotel, worth for money - The hotel price is reasonable, probably the best you can fin
- Nice -
- Price was pretty reasonable even their location - Even located in the middle of convenient place, this hotel o
- Satisfied stay - Hotel was excellent (bit too small though), but I would stay
- The stay was pleasant and nice - It was nice and pleasant staff was courteous and spoke some
- Trendy hotel & great location - (+) easy to get to areas like ginza (about 15 min walk), the
- Ultra modern hotel in the heart of Tokyo - I like hotels that are clean, modern and minimalist in desig
- very new and comfortable hotel - the staff are nice and friendly, they speak english and help
- Villa Fontaine again - As per other stays, this hotel is considered one of the best
- Villa Fontaine Shiodome - Tokyo August 5, 2009 - This is a great hotel with big rooms by Tokyo standards. The
- Villa Fontine @ Shidome - Location Location Location, that is the best point of this h
- Villa Fotaine Shiodome - April 2010 - We stayed in a superior room at the Villa Fontaine Shiodome
- Wonderful hotel in a good location! - staff is very pleasant, staff had a good grasp of the englis