Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Luang Prabang Old Town
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (597)
May 26, 2009
Location convenient & scenic
May 14, 2009
Very nice guesthouse on the main street
Very friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms
We stayed here for 4 nights and don't regret our choice at all. Staff are very friendly, the room is spacious and well-quipped and the bathroom is clean. The only downside are the mattresses which are hard as a rock. We stayed in the 'old' wing (a new wing was recently added to the guesthouse).
United States of America,
May 13, 2009
Charming guesthouse with good location
Location towards the quieter end of the main tourist street is directly across from an adorable temple where you can watch the monks take their morning alms
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Villa Senesouk Guesthouse. The location is perfect, just across from one of the picturesque temples where you can watch the monks receive early morning alms directly from your balcony. It's also only a 5-10 min stroll down the street to the night market, cafes, restaurants, bars, massage studios, travel agencies, and money changers. Riverside is just a block away with spectacular views. Our room was cozy but well outfitted with hair dryer, mini fridge, aircon, cable TV, bathrobes, and slippers. And they provided clean towels everyday. Staff was friendly and helpful, but spoke little English. The small garden area at the back of the hotel is great for lounging around with a cup of coffee and a good book. Only downside was no breakfast included in our rate. Plus the Morning Glory cafe next door offers cheap and hearty breakfasts, or you can hit one of the great bakeries down the street. Overall we loved our stay here and would definitely come back. Definitely take a trip to see the Kwang Si waterfalls!
Despite recommendations to take the boat up the murky Mekong River to visit the Pak Ou Caves, we found that the Tat Kwang Si waterfalls were much more interesting and beautiful! You can swim in the pools beneath the crystal clear falls. It's a real treat, especially when the monks show off their diving skills.
United States of America,
May 12, 2009
Great location (especially for viewing morning alms), very clean and cute rooms, air-con, and staff were incredibly nice and helpful.
We loved our stay here! A really great value! The location was excellent...within walking distance to the heart of town but far enough away from any noise. The monks' procession for morning alms takes place right outside, which is an amazing thing to see. Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Highly recommended!!
Just a few blocks down is a little food stand offering the best and cheapest burgers in Luang Prabang...it's true!!! Also, the hotel is right next to the well-known Morning Glory Cafe, a great place!
May 09, 2009
Nice stay at the Senesouk
Hotel location - across from beautiful wat, near many restaurants.
We had a nice stay at the Senesouk. A beautiful wat is across the street and we watched the monks go for their morning walk at 5:30 am. This is when they receive alms from people - very interesting to watch. We didn't hear any noise from the wat at this time (so not sure what other people experienced).
Luang Prabang is a charming town - though a bit overpriced compared to the rest of SE Asia. We expected Laos to be cheaper - not here. But we enjoyed the restaurants (Morning Glory Cafe is a great choice for breakfast and is next to the Senesouk).
The Lao people are very laid back - make sure you ask the hotel staff to clean your room (we left out the 'please clean room' sign but our room wasn't cleaned until we asked the staff).
Nice choice for people who don't want to spend too much. It's clean and cozy and has a good location.
Morning Glory Cafe - great place for breakfast and next door to Senesouk.
May 03, 2009
Great location, friendly staff.
Stayed at Villa Senesouk for 5 nights recently and had a fabulous time. Hotel is on main drag and was conveniently situated across road from Wat - we watched procession of monks for alms giving at 6.00 am from the hotel. A short stroll from shops, night market and Mt Phousi. Near to heaps of recommended restaurants. Hotel was reasonably quiet and comfortable with rooms that are typical of Asian boutique hotels. Free coffee and tea although no breakfast but next to places where you could have breakfast including Morning Glory Cafe. Would stay there again.
Yummy Lao peanut chicken wrap at Saffron Cafe on River bank about 5 minutes walk away. Also their banana macchiatos are the best!
Families with young children
April 19, 2009
Some rroms have good view of the buddhist Wat
The balcony view (from the old building) to wat Sene across the road is great, and the neighbouring Morning Glory cafe has fantastic breakfasts.
We booked the room with an extra bed, but on arrival it turned out that the booked room type didn't have room for an extra bed. After awaiting the arrival of a decision-taker, we were upgraded to a room with 3 beds and balcony acces, at no extra charge. Clean and functional room, but cramped, with no excess floor-space.
When the gong in the Wat rings in the dark early morning (5:30), go to the balcony to see when the buddhist monks are going out for alms.
April 13, 2009
Villa Senesouk Review
The location was great, room was spotless and really comfortable and the staff were helpful.
Villa Senesouk is a great place to stay to explore Luang Prabang. It's really well located and is a real gem of a place. the rooms are spacious and have a lovely bathroom - ours was spotless and so comfortable. It's also ideal for watching the procession of the Monks on a morning at 6am at the Vat Sene is right opposite. They dont do food but it is surrounded by great cafes, bars and restaurants - both local and touristy.
Walk up the steps to Mount Phousi for sun set or have a beer at one of the many bars overlooking the Mekong.
United States of America,
March 26, 2009
This was a very nice hotel with a great view of the Mekong... the room was nice with a 4 poster bed and nice furnishing made of wood. The bathroom was new and convenient... This hotel is conveniently located to getting around town. Buffet breakfast was excellent.
March 19, 2009
MY NEST IN LUANG PRABANG
WARM WELCOME, SAFE, CLEAN, ACCOMMODATING, ACCROSS THE ROAD FROM A TEMPLE WHERE TAKES PLACE A MORNING PARADE OF MONKS...ALSO WALKING DISTANCE TO MANY TOURIST AREAS AND ESPECIALLY MINUTES FROM THE FAMOUS MEKONG RIVER AND THE NIGHT MARKET
MY SECOND TIME IN LUANG PRABANG AND STAYING AT THE OPPOSITE END OF MY FIRST TIME HOTEL...BOTH ON THE MAIN STREET AND VILLA SENESOUK HAS CHARACTER ( THE BUILDING) AND CHARM (DINING AREA). MINUTES TO THE BUSINESS AREA AND BEING TO WATCH THE PARADE OF MONKS FROM OUR OWN BALCONY WITHOUT HAVING TO WALK TO IT...FRIENDLY STAFF ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH ANSWERS TO YOUR RREQUESTS..COFFEE AND TEA AVAILABLE ALL DAY AT THE RECEPTION...WALKING DISTANCE TO MANY ATTRACTIONS INCLUDING THE HILL IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN WITH A TEMPLE ON TOP AND A 360 o VIEW
ALL OF THE ABOVE...SIGHTS, RESTO, SAFE, CLEAN
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Villa Senesouk Hotel, Luang Prabang
- A Delight - I spent 4 nights here and really enjoyed my stay. The room w
- A gem of a guest house -
- Beautiful hotel in great location - The staff were very friendly and helpful.The hotel is very c
- Beautiful hotel - I think it is not the hotel fault that the don't put any bre
- Clean and Good location - Located on the main road. If you room on the road side, it a
- decent place - This is a budget place with decent accomodations. The hotel
- Decent tourist hotel -
- delightful stay - we were very satisfied with the hotel. the rooms are all wo
- Excellent hotel, great service. Beautiful room - Great location, just far away from town but not too far. Bea
- Good location, but not my favourite hotel - We had heard great things about this guest house, but were p
- Good services , the place are quiet infront of Wat - 200-250 munk pass by in the morning of the Hotel . peaceful
- Great choice in the old city area - Hard to beat for the price in this part of town. The monks d
- Great Location, Okay Staff - The stay was very pleasant. Very clean and neatly kept room.
- Great Position guest house. - We arrived and soon checked into the guest house the first f
- great room - Great rooms, very big with extra bed so u can put ur baggage
- Location doesnt get better. - Would stay here again.
- Location, location, location - The location is terrific as it is a bit further out of the m
- Loud Monks, lovely hotel - We stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed a very relaxing stay
- Lovely hotel, friendly and clean and great value! - The bed was a little hard but I guess that's personal prefer
- Luang Prabang - Villa Sennesouk - Villa Sennesouk is a little away from the hustle of the tour
- Nice guesthouse - we enjoyed this hotel very much. we stayed in the back buil
- Nice Hotel - Staff was very helpful. Great view of temple and alm ceremo
- Nice location in a great little town - perfect location for alms giving to the monks
and a stroll
- Nice - It's beautiful hotel in the good location. The service is ni
- Pleasant stay -
- Really cute hotel - clean, good location, very aut - We loved our stay here - was so relaxing and quiet having c
- small room jighly overpriced - better value places around. too expensive for what it is.
- So impress me and my family! :D - room is very clean. reception and staff is really impress me
- The Perfect Place - The hotel is perfectly located just a short stroll from the
- very beautiful hote and good location - this is a very nice beautiful hotel and good location ,in th
- Very good place - We enjoyed the Villa Senesouk a lot. The staff was most frie
- Very nice forniture and location - We saw the monks and the alms giving from our balcony, so It