Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Vientiane City Center
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (537)
March 22, 2012
Clean and quiet. Free shuttle bus to the Airport on request.
This hotel is tucked away at the end of a lane way. It was very clean and the staff were good and it was quiet. The bed was a little too firm. Breakfast had a small and poor selection and they did not do toast. Ok to stay in for 1 or 2 nights. It is not very close to any eating places.
March 21, 2012
Shiny clean, nice room, free upgrade, will be Back
Nice room well furnished good aircon, good wifi, good tv, good bed
Without requesting, I was upgraded to a room with a separate seating area with desk that was very comfortable and meticulously clean. Same for the bathroom, with steady hot water. Super value for the I paid.
Le Vendome is not what it was 12 years ago; give it a miss
March 20, 2012
Great service at a good location
Comfortable rooms, good location, free wifi
the staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. they helped us find interesting things to do around town and were very attentive to our needs. this hotel may not be the pinnacle of luxury but for the price it is very comfortable and the location is good. the internet connection was good and the rooms were clean as was the rest of the hotel.
March 18, 2012
Extremely clean and safe hotel
Extremely clean, excellent WIFI, great security
I really enjoyed my 2 nites at the Aroon Residence. It has to be one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in in Asia. The rooms are kept really cool with a fan and air con.The WIFI is excellent and the hotel has a great location; <10 minute walk from the centre of town. It is also a very secure hotel; the entrance to the hotel is closed off by a gate at night so it is completely inaccessible by non-hotel guests; a security guard has to come & open the gate for you.
The 2 female receptionists that I dealt with at the hotel were extremely welcoming and friendly.On arrival we were given welcome drinks and while waiting on our transport to arrive on check out day, the receptionist brought us water without being asked and also rang our transport company when they were running late; again without being asked. Excellent customer service.
If I am in Vientiane again I will be staying in the Aroon Residence.
Head to the Blue Banana <10 minutes away if you are looking for great western food in a nice atmosphere
United States of America,
March 12, 2012
My favorite place to stay in Vientiane!
Beautiful rooms, comfortable, spotlessly clean, wonderful, caring staff
I stayed in the "Executive A" room during my week at the Aroon Residence, and it is one of the most beautiful hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. Spacious, with separate areas for watching TV, sleeping, and working, all surrounded by a balcony and big gorgeous windows. The view is of the cityscape of Vientiane, including the top of Patuxai, the arch resembling the Arc de Triomphe which is in a park in the middle of Lane Xang Avenue. The breakfasts, included, were delicious, and the service from every member of the staff was warm and excellent. Finally, the Aroon Residence is kept so clean that once I walked right into a window in the lobby, thinking there was no glass there... Shades of a Windex commercial, but really, it was spotless! A great place to stay, and one I will return to.
Hotel Feature Tip:
The Aroon Residence is about a 15-minute stroll to the main tourist area of Vientiane. It's quite close to the Morning Market and the COPE Centre, but is near the center of town rather than by the Mekong.
March 08, 2012
Nice traditional hotel great value, great staff .
Friendly and helpful staff, quiet location
I liked this hotel for its welcoming atmosphere but it is a little remote and the fact there is no restaurant and they have to send out for food is a little off putting.
The staff were the most friendly and helpful I have encountered in many years of travelling. They went out of their way to help me and make me comfortable 10 out of 10 for that.
The only downside was away from the main restaurant areas and the river, having said that, there is always a Tuk Tuk nearby to take you where you need to go.
March 05, 2012
Fantastic hotel, wonderful crew
Beautiful rooms, good service, good location
i felt very well in this hotel - nice room, good equipment, very clean. the people very friendly and helpful, free ride with the hotel car, very good location, 10 minutes to the morning market, 10 minutes to the peace monument, 20 minutes to the mekong.
the only thing that could be imptoved: a better breakfast selection for vegetarians. it was quite difficult to find something in the breakfast menue that contained no animals.
very good price.
Interesting market nearby - the morning market.
March 04, 2012
Friendly and helpful.
Courteous, friendly service.
staff were friendly and helpful. hotel was clean and well-ordered. breakfast lacked quality but there was extra coffee and juice. our bedroom window opened to a corridor. the mattress was hard and there were no side lights by the bed. however,overall, it was fairly good value for money.
The two wats by the presidential palace are beautiful.
Wide selection of foods off sois near the Mekong.
Take to a bike and see more. A full day would be enough.
Families with young children
March 01, 2012
Executive rooms great standard room not so good
Nice hotel with friendly staff
booked executive room which was very nice and spacious
had room service and food very good
stayed an extra night but only standard room was available
the room was on ground floor behind reception an next to
dining room which was not nice
kids were a nightmare which was not hotel's
fault but could not get out quick enough
would study again but not with children
very nice staff who were very good with children
it was just an off day
United States of America,
March 01, 2012
Location a little quirky, but works
A small hotel. Very smart looking. Rooms were immaculate.
Located a few blocks back from the river and a few blocks away from most of the tourist hotels. Of the other hand it is close to the market and Patouxi (vientiene's Arc de triomphe). Our taxi driver from the train station had a little trouble finding it and wanted to drop us at another hotel (scam).
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Aroon Residence, Vientiane
- A very homely hotel - i had a good stay in aroon residence. staying here feels lik
- basic but clean with great service - location was good if you work in any of the international or
- Cheap place, tidy place - Not much to see in Vientiene anyway. This place is small. yo
- Enjoyable place to stay - I stayed here three nights and enjoyed it. The 'Executive B'
- Family hotel with friendly staff - hotel is located in town center, staff are very friendly exc
- Good hotel but a bit far from the centre - The Aroon Residence is a very comfortable hotel. The rooms a
- Good Hotel with Great Staff. - It is a short walk to the main shopping areas, mostly South
- Good location, good price - Coming in I knew not to expect the most luxurious hotel. Th
- Good location, nice staff but old rooms - The location is quite central and you can walk to the main s
- good room clean - good room, clean, nice staff, very nice to stay here
- Great hotel at a great price -
- Great hotel, - the room were nice, food was good people were so helpful wit
- Great Location but small rooms - All the staff are very friendly. They gave a big hand to us
- Great value - This hotel is great for value and they come to the airport t
- Large rooms and great service - We stayed here brielfy for one night. We had an early fligh
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - Just stayed one night, but staff was very helpful with infor
- more like a guest house - looks much better in pictures when i booked it then what it
- nice and clean room - I have a one nite stay in the hotel. The staff is very helpf
- Nice garden -
- Nice hotel a short walk from the main part of town - The hotel was nice an clean with spacious rooms. Rooms had c
- Nice hotel near everything. - We were upgraded to a premium room on our arrival. The staff
- Nice hotel with friendly staffs. - my group of 6 friends like this hotel very much as it is the
- Nice Hotel with pleasant staff - Hotel was clean and beds were comfortable. The air condition
- Nice Hotel, Friendlier Staff - The hotel was very clean and well kept. It definitely met o
- Nice hotel, good value - good rooms, good value for money, a/c, free wifi, cable tv.
- Nice hotel - The hotel nice, clean, staff can speak english. But For room
- Nice Hotel - This hotel is tucked away at the end of a lane way. It was v
- pleasant stay - It was fine. I noticed the bathroom needed a bit of cleanin
- poor location but nice hotel - Picked up hotel because of good price and good comments on
- quiet hotel at a good price - The aroon hotel is a good place to stay. The room was simple
- Spotlessly Clean Hotel with Big Rooms - This was our first stay at the Aroon Residence as the normal
- Unremarkable, other than the friendly receptionsts - chose this hotel based on fairly high rating given by agoda
- Very Clean, Quiet, Restful - Aroon is ideal if you need a restful place to sleep in Vient
- Very nice hotel - nice and relaxing, very clean place, helpful staff. a little