Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (646)
August 30, 2012
OK Simple, clean hotel
Good room size for Suites
AV Hotel is a 10 minute walk from the riverfront and the main tourist / business areas but as it is on a main road it is easy to access and find...
Hotel is clean, simple compared to hotels in more developed parts of Asia but the Suite rooms are large and clean so offer good value
United States of America,
August 20, 2012
Very clean hotel with friendly service
close to bus station (lines to Buddha Park and Vang Vieng)
Although this hotel was more expensive than some other guest houses, the fee included breakfast and airport transfer. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were clean and quiet. We also had free wi-fi.
Families with young children
August 17, 2012
Nice rooms! TV a bit small!
Nice rooms good value! For Asian standards breakfeast not bad! New hotel!
will stay again! great location walking distance to every where! ordered food a little expensive but tasty. it was recommended by a friend, great place and will stay again.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Booking using website more expensive for this hotel
August 16, 2012
Good value, basic hotel
Clean, reasonable location
This is my second stay and my review is same as before (see below), still a good clean but slightly basic hotel. Location wiith regard to River not the best.
At first wasn't too sure about hotel but after first day my views improved. Room is good size, was clean and bed comfortable. Shower worked well. TV had plenty of channels available. Staff were not over friendly at first but this did improve and they then assisted with a number of things and were helpful. Breakfast was pretty reasonable, still a long way from what you would receive as a normal buffet breakfast in more developed areas but for Laos and an equivalent hotel one of the better ones. Finally free Wi-Fi and airport transport helped make the stay very good, the only issue would be that for the river front and other parts of the City near the river the location is not the best and a good 10 minute walk is needed to get into town.
August 13, 2012
Excellent hotel in a great locaition
Friendly helpful staff, large clean rooms, close to tourist attractions
This is an excellent hotel that has friendly and helpful English speaking staff. It is close to the tourist attractions but in a quiet part away from all the restaurants and bars near the riverside. They are only a few blocks walk if you want to go there though.
There was plenty to eat for breakfast and the room was large, clean and with good air con and good wifi. The free airport shuffle worked well for both pick up and return to the airport. We loved this hotel and think it is great value for money.
Visit the COPE rehabilitation centre. It is very interestng and a very good cause. You can walk there from this hotel
August 05, 2012
Very good hotel with a good location
Clean, good sized room and bathroom, quiet and close to good restaurants
This is a very good small hotel. It is close to the main business district and the so-called old French Quarter where there are many good shops, restaurants and bars.
The room was very clean and comfortable. We were on the 1st floor which we found very convenient, with just a short flight of stairs. Breakfast was fairly basic and quite acceptable. There are plenty of other places to go for breakfast within a five minute walk.
If you are staying in Vientiane for a few days I would certainly recommend this hotel. Great value.
Families with older children
United States of America,
August 04, 2012
Hotel staff at reception were rather passive but otherwise efficient. Rooms were clean and pretty good value for the money.
Most everything worth seeing in Vientiane is within easy walking distance of the hotel.
August 01, 2012
Nice room, no elevetor,very basic breakfast
Location, large rooms, friendly stuff (but with english problem)
We stayed twice. In the first time we received a room in the 1st floor but the view was to a construction site. 2nd time we took room in the3rd floor, but there is no elevator. The stuff brought the laguage to our room but still we had to carry them when we checked out.
Breakfast is very basic. We were asked to pay for 2nd cup of coffee
July 29, 2012
Hotel is quite centrally located except it is in the backlane. so if u're gona walk back u've gotta use a lane to go to the back to the hotel.
staff were friendly. but they did not have a travel adaptor as i forgot to bring mine. thus, i couldnt charge my things. most hotels usually has it. either for a fee or not.
breakfast was not good at all.
July 28, 2012
Decent hotel for a stop over
This is hotel is about 5 minutes from the centre of things and was fine for our needs.
The decor is a little dated and the staff weren't particularly friendly or helpful but if you are on a budget this hotel is decent enough. There is also a free airport transfer service.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - AV Hotel, Vientiane
- A lovely hotel not too crowned and peaceful - the hotel is centrally located and is just next to a famous
- bad bad bad - the main manager of the hotel was so rude and difficult, we
- Budget hotel - Its good for stay but have to make sure to prepare enough mo
- Clean, ok location - not a bad stay - Basic, clean and friendly hotel. Walking distance to river,
- Dull and unfriendly hotel feeling . - although at least 3 men sit arround at the reception doing
- Easy walk to temples, restaurants & bus station - We were quite happy there, location suited us very well as n
- Excellent location and friendly staff - Second time staying here, this time on the second floor. Wa
- Excellent value. - A clean, well maintained, comfortable accomodation with
- Fantastic !! - We had a fantastic stay, the room was beautiful, very spacio
- Good hotel clean room and good location - Meals not so good and hard to make talk to very little engli
- Good hotel great location - I had business first time in Laos with friends, choosing som
- Good hotel, friendly, helpfulll staff, ok location - Our first room window view was obscured by shuttering for th
- Good location and helpful staff - i only had one probl;em with this hotel in that my room was
- Good location, happy, friendly staff - the hotel was ideally located for walking to centre and emb
- Good location - Breakfast was ordinary. Great location though and very clean
- Good location - hotel is in a good location for sight-seeing, morning market
- Good Location - the hotel location is quite central. room cost is a bit pric
- good service with friendship - The service of this hotel was very impressed. Staff was so f
- Great hotel with free airport pick.friendly staff - very good highly recommended.has room safe but could do with
- Great hotel with very friendly staff - This hotel is one of the best bargains in Asia, everything w
- Great hotel, great staff, great location! - We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at AV Hotel. The room was cle
- great location,excellent stay! - the room is spacious, a/c, minibar included, completely reno
- Huge Room at reasonable rate - My First business trip to Vientiane, Lao PDR.
City is clean
- Large Cockroaches - In the 3 days we stayed at the AV Hotel, we saw more cockroa
- Lovely hotel at a great location - Good location, new and clean room. Good staff with smile. Br
- Lovely Hotel - The hotel location is good and easily excessable, if you lik
- Nice clean hotel, friendly staff & good location - I frequently visit Laos and I decided to check in to the AV
- Nice hotel but a little bit away from the action. - A nice hotel with friendly staff (despite the limited Englis
- Nice Hotel - The room was really good and well maintained. Morning market
- Nice location/internet...that's about it - The hotel is located within walking distance to some really
- nice staying - we stayed for 2 nights - the hotel is well maintained, servi
- OK Simple, clean hotel - AV Hotel is a 10 minute walk from the riverfront and the mai
- Pleasant Hotel - Quiet, clean, pleasant hotel situated close to most of Vient
- pleasant Stay - The room was a good size, tidy and air conditioned. Breakfas
- Relaxing and very humid weather - Wonderful,good and comfortable . Value for money. walking d
- Returning Guests - we have stayed may times in the city and this is a great pla
- Spacious, clean and comfortable rooms - I had a great stay in the AV hotel. The view was of the roof
- Very adequate hotel - This hotel is overall good value. Maybe this is not the best
- Very basic - Our stay in this hotel was somewhat disappointing. Staff sp
- Very nice boutique hotel - a great value. efficient hotel. staff tried to help every re
- Very nice hotel - everything was nice about this hotel. you could walk anywher
- Wonderful Hotel will come again - the rather plain facade hides what is a wonderful hotel. big