Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (699)
May 17, 2013
Location, cleaniness, Service
United States of America,
May 14, 2013
Centrally located, close to restaurants, close to night market
It was great hotel, but breakfast could be better.
United States of America,
May 07, 2013
Adequate lodging, poor food, terribly overpriced.
Location and staff atiture.
Waste of money. There are many better values around.
May 06, 2013
Trouble-free, efficient and friendly business stay
Fantastic reception team, Internet worked well throughout hotel, very comfortable room
Great impression made at check-in, efficient and very friendly.
Very comfortable room and great to have hotel wide Internet system that works.
Good place to stay for short business trip, even if most other guests look like they are there for leisure.
May 06, 2013
Beautiful hotel, centrally located
Large room size, friendly staff speaking perfectly thai and english
May 05, 2013
Top boutique hotel centrally located
Location, room comfort, nice breakfast
I stayed for one night at the Salana and I had a great time at the hotel, the room was very beautiful and the bed very comfortable, many international TV channels and the WIFI connection worked very good! My room was facing the temple and very quiet.
The location of the hotel is great, just a few meters away from the night market with lovely restaurants around the area...I definitely recommend fellow travelers to try one of the many french restaurants in town, good quality and great price!
I also had a massage at the Spa and it was very good, the Spa is very nice and the masseuse was very professional.
The taxi service to the airport was very good and affordable, around 7-8 USD in a nice car.
I had a small issue at the hotel that was quickly fixed, and I will definitely recommend this hotel.
May 05, 2013
Awful and dreadful hotel
terrible in every respect
I had a terrible and disappointing stay. I booked due to positive comments I had read on tripadvisor and agoda however experienced great disappointment. I booked the Salana Suite expecting a nice room. On check in the receptionist asked me if I was sick because I looked so much better in my photo compared to real life! I laughed it off but thought it a stupid thing to say. The room was at the back of the hotel with no view and tiny - not even the room I had booked and paid for. I went back down and he apologised and changed to the correct room. It was infested with mosquitoes and filthy and aircon wasn't working properly. I took a shower, weak water pressure, soap scum on floor and walls(not clean)and to my horror when I reached for a towel it was filthy!!! It had mud on it...or worse who knows. I grabbed the other one and it was also filthy...decided to drip dry as much safer. Went to make cup of tea - cups dirty and not washed. Checked the bed - whoa - last nights stains right there. Truly disgusting. Room service changed at my request at slow pace and process took an hour. Next morning at breakfast buffet was empty! Yes, she said I could order toast...expresso will be charged extra. I saw other guests looked very unhappy. Hotel manager inept. To compensate I was given bottle of red wine which was rotten and undrinkable, airport drop off and a painful massage. I paid $250 per night and feel cheated. There are much better and cheaper options in Vientiane. DO NOT STAY HERE.
May 04, 2013
comfortable clean convenient
We only stayed over night, used the spa and had breakfast.
Location was excellant, staff were efficient and friendly. Room was excellant.
May 01, 2013
Nothing worth mentionning about this hotel
location and nothing else
I stayed at Salan Hotel from 28/04 till 01/05.
I paid about for a double deluxe, this room was facing the street but Vientiane is quiet enough to allow that.
The room was quite small and I doubt I got my 28 SQM as mentioned in the website. The furniture is ok but I personally don’t like the style. The space is too narrow to put so much piece of wood !! The bathroom is also quite small and the rain shower tops at 180 CM which is far too short. The water pressure when hot is selected is too weak and you can’t really enjoy a good shower. Amenities are acceptable but no individual shower gel or shampoo as you got that from a dispenser.
The breakfast is really average with the croissant being the worst I got over the last 5 years ! The choice is limited due to the small number of guest. The coffee is realy bad and any cappuccino or latte is charged in extra which is quite unusual in Asia for a boutique/luxury hotel.
The hotel has no swimming pool or gym. There is a spa/massage corner. The service there is average too but the price is in par with the price the hotel charged per room. I believe I paid around 260.000 KIP for a two hour massage.
To sum-up my opinion, the hotel is clean and well located but it is far too pricey.
April 28, 2013
Nice quaint hotel, centrally located & quiet
close to Night Market near Maekong River as well as the many tourist attractions like the wat (temples), restaurants, loal food stalls
warm, attentive and friendly staff, who are keen to share the Laos culture with you, good at recommending places to visit (Night market, temples), which are all within walking distance from the hotel as well. Good local food stalls are a must-try. Nice hotel, will definately come back
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Salana Boutique Hotel, Vientiane
- Beautiful hotel and friendly staff - We had a lovely stay here. Everything was good. No complains
- Beautiful, modern and newly built hotel - I've stayed here twice and will again next time I go to Vien
- Brillant in all respects - I couldn't be happier with my stay at the Salana. The room
- Classy Hotel real 4 star - we had a lovely stay , the reception was very helpful , brea
- Comfortable - staffs were very helpful from the beginning, from airport pi
- Convenient hotel in a prime location - this is one of the top properties, in town and within walkin
- excelent for business travelers - Salana Boutique Hotel is close to the airport and offers pic
- Excellent location and service - Our room looked out on to a beautiful wat. The room was very
- Excellent small hotel in a good location - We wanted a central hotel and this was five minutes from the
- Excellent staff, esp front desk. Comfortable rooms - Well looked after for a quick business trip. Very attentive
- Excellent - Salana continues to be one of my favorite hotels in Vientian
- expensive but nice - lovely hotel in a great location, but rather pricey. breakfa
- Fabulous hotel in a good location - The Salana was a great place to stay - slept wonderfully. Th
- Funky hotel - with great service with a smile - Well located near to the Mekong and other attractions - the
- Geat location, great service and beautiful hotel - A beautiful new hotel with beautiful furniture, wood floors,
- good hotel, well positioned with helpful staff - the hotel is well positioned on a road off the mekong, close
- good location and friendly staff..... - salana is a very nice little hotel. we had a deluxe double r
- good location and service - stay couple of times, and like this hotel very much. the cle
- Good location, good service - Booked this hotel as wanted to stay close to the action and
- Good location -
- Good service and great location - Very new and clean and comfortable. Staff very helpful and p
- Good Service and Staff are friendly - Good hotel to stay for business travelers. The staff are ver
- Great hotel, and perfect location - we had four enjoyable days staying at this hotel. very frien
- Great hotel, clean rooms and service with a smile. - I stayed here for only 1 night. Rooms were very well appoint
- Great location and breakfast - the staff was very helpful. the price was lower the last tim
- Great location and wonderful staff - Good rooms, with good facilitates. The staff were great and
- Great location and wonderful staff - this hotel was well-located in the old town by the river. i
- Great location but small rooms - I chose this boutique hotel because I detest large impersona
- Great Location, clean hotel, nice breakfast - Nice hotel in a great location near to a strip of restuarant
- Great location, excellent staff and cosy boutique - The Salana is centrally located between various temples and
- Great location, memorable stay - love the hotel. love the location right at the centre of ol
- lovely beautiful hotle - i love the place its nice close to the market and love to st
- Lovely hotel withgood and friendly service. - Our first visit to Vientiene and Laos. Hotel staff and facil
- Lovely hotel, a little pricey for Vientiane - it was a lovely hotel in a great location that is in the cen
- lovely hotel - a lovely and nice hotel,will be back and stay in this hotel
- Lovely Hotel - absolutely loved the hotel. spotlessly clean in all areas of
- Lovely, clean hotel in very convenient location - Most helpful front staff with excellent English. Traditiona
- Modern hotel, but snippy staff - This is a nice, modern hotel in a great location of town. It
- New beautiful hotel but not really "river view" - stayed here for 3 nights. it's a new hotel built in 2010 and
- new clean boutique hotel - newly built with great location. friendly service but slow r
- Nice and clean. Staff were friendly. -
- Nice Boutique Hotel - Good location just within walking distance to the Mekong riv
- Nice Hotel - Very good, staff are nice, room are confortable. The place i
- One of the newest hotels - The hotel has only been open for a few months but they seem
- Stately way to stay in the Old Town - the service at the hotel is in the finest tradition of lao s
- very nice hotel with great boutique features - very nice hotel - great location- excellent breakfast- atten
- Will definitely return. - This is a lovely, modern hotel in the heart of the city, jus