Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (936)
September 18, 2011
Liked this Hotel
Loved the Roof Terrace went up there several times to enjoy the views and relax
we had a good stay, staff very helpful and spoke good english.would have liked double bed rather than two singles.
also no english style breakfast on offer.
location was a bit off beaten track, but we enjoy walking, so it wasn't a problem for us. overall, a very pleasant stay.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Do go up to the Roof Terrace on the fifth floor, you get a complimentary welcome drink up there and the views are very good, especially as the sun goes down.
Families with older children
September 18, 2011
Clean and comfortable!
clean, comfortable, free wifi in room
The hotel is located up the hill so it'll be nice to stay there as you won't be disturbed by the noise. It's near the town, walk down the hill and you'll reach there. They have all the necessities in the room. Free wifi is available in the room and also in the lobby. I see many people going to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. It does look promising but I never get to try them as we have not enough time.
September 15, 2011
Middle of the hill, great location for quiet stay
helpful reception, walking distance to the top of the hill, near eatery
the only main minus point is, the hotel being on mid hill, not very convenient for taxi to drop you off, pick you up, or even passing by. you can walk downhill for breakfast, but walking back up is a little tiring.
suggestion is to walk down along the road to the right, try their local food and visit some 7-11 store, walk around a little and then take a cab back to hotel.no smoking room are smoke free smell, great price and quiet.
if you like chinese porridge, there's a famous small shop lot selling crab porridge which taste quite nice. pork burger is a must try at senadao square.
September 13, 2011
good choice of buget hotel
hotel room with reasonable service and decorations
choose to stay in macau over the weekend, hotel located in historical area, easy access to several landmark or main pt. or sightseeing within 15 mins walk distance
United States of America,
September 12, 2011
Nice, clean hotel in a good location
centrally located, clean, cute hotel. Near the old part of Macao
Like most of Macao, no one speaks understandable English at the front desk. I didn't know that this hotel required a key deposit of 500 MOP. The rooms were twin beds and there is no free breakfast. The wifi connection was great, anywhere in our room. The restaurant was Chinese food only. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. There is no no-smoking rooms, everything smelled of smoke in the hotel.
There is no information of tours or travel trips available at the hotel. Go to the lighthouse museum at the top of the hill from the hotel and get information, the guy there spoke English.
September 11, 2011
Very good clean hotel
Just away from the casino glitz, but suiting weatern travelers
A very neat and clean room, but the bed was a bit too firm for our liking. Never the less, I recommend it
Well serviced by taxis and public transport, but a bit far too from the casinos for walking. Besides, it is near the top of the hill.
Very friendly staff, several speak English. Paper work etc attended to without any hassles.
A nice Chinese style restaurant(not the Western kind) used extensively by Chinese customers.
Macau has much more to offer than the casinos. It is a safe,crime free area to visit.
September 10, 2011
Nice hotel with a view
Quiet place, nice view and friendly staff
stayed for 2 nights at the 5th floor and top most of the hotel. non smoking room. quiet and have nice view. bed is firm but comfortable. room with bath tub. electric kettle and toiletries. every hour hotel shuttle to the ferry or airport and is complimentary. friendly staff. great restaurant on the first floor where guest has discounts. playmates club is on the basement. recommended for those on a budget for a 3 star facilities.
September 10, 2011
Walking Distance to the Lighthouse
We went to Macau to celebrate our anniversary over the weekend. Hotel Guia is located near the Lighthouse, which is really charming and romantic.
Hotel room is clean and tidy. Though most of the seaview are blocked by the new buildings but it is still lovely.
If you think the hotel is located too far from the town, check with the staff who are extremely helpful and will show you the way. Also, do not forget Macau is not that big and 15 minutes walking distance cover large part of Macau.
September 10, 2011
Decent Hotel, Bad Location
Free WiFi, Free Shuttle to Ferry Terminal and Customs
The hotel was a decent stay for what I paid, about 100 SGD a night, considering it was on very short notice. Room was alright, enough space for one person. Limited TV channels though. No bar fridge or fridge of any kind, which wasn't good for a summer stay especially when I wanted some cool drinks. Nearest convenient store's a 7-11 about a 10 min downhill walk.
This hotel is located on a HILL so unless you're planning on cabbing a lot, be prepared for quite a hike.
Also, this hotel is far from the city and other attractions. If you're looking for an easy walk tourist sites, you'd be better off at Grand Lisboa.
Reception staff was friendly, the ones who received me could speak 2-3 languages, English, Chinese, Cantonese, so it was convenient enough.
Room service was good and prompt.
Check out the Guia Lighthouse
September 09, 2011
5 minute from the center!
the hotel is not far from all the main casionos in downtown. just a 5 minute walk and you are already there. the hotel is nice and half price compared to many around that area, very much worth its money. they also have a strip club on the first floor which is open pretty much all the time. if you come from hong kong to the harbour you can take a free shuttle bus to the hotel, very convenient! i like this hotel, will stay again if i come by!
The Casionos all around
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Hotel Guia, Macau
- A satisfactory stay - Prompt check in at the counter. Had a standard room with 2 s
- affordable, clean, close to attractions - Althought the beds are kind of small and hard, the room are
- Brilliant hotel and great staff - One of the best hotel experience we ever had, the comfort of
- Clean and comfortable! - The hotel is located up the hill so it'll be nice to stay th
- clean room and good size - Service good would stay again. Good having free internet.
- Clean, quiet and lovely view - We (4 of us) had a hurried one night stay. No transport pro
- Comfortable and Tidy Hotel - i enjoyed my stay there but its not the most convenient loca
- Dirty rooms - + Rooms were of a decent size
+ Free shuttle to the ferry t
- Good but located up to the hill -
- Good environment and location - At hillside hotel which provide a beautiful and fresh air en
- Good hotel, location and rooms - Overall, I had a very pleasant stay in this hotel. The locat
- Good location - out of the fray, nice views. - The hotel was ok, nice lobby and helpful staff. The hotel h
- Good location and value - Visited in early January. Located on the peak where the ligh
- Good rooms but bad location - I had a good sleep in Hotel Guia. You don't have to bring st
- great hotel, but location not very strategic - Clean room and toilet, fresh air from the location when open
- great hotel - no casino
nice place to have a re
- great location but small rooms - 10 minute walk from wynn was nice. also a 7-11 nearby. the
- great location, good service and nice room - we had a pleasant stay in hotel guia, the service are good a
- Great, cheap hotel in Macau -
- guai hotel - i was stay there for two night i feel the service is not ba
- Guia Hotel, Macau - It doesn't really look good from the outsisde, but inside is
- GUIA HOTEL - Accommodation at Guia Hotel over roll was great for me with
- guia hotel - i enjoyed may stay at guia overall, i think i didn't have en
- hotel at the middle of mountain - first of all , i would say that the hotel is actually quite
- Hotel Guia - as expected - I was looking for a cheap hotel to stay in while doing the m
- Hotel Guia Review - For a short business trip, value for money, Hotel Guia is ok
- I cant really tell..... - This hotel is kinda far from the tourists place.... I had t
- Location is halfway up to hill and it's very nice. - Small hotel but its room is fine.
Especially atomosphere in
- Lovely hotel , with great service staff. - Nice Clean and large room. Large bathroom too. The hotel is
- Lovely hotel and service with less smile, - the location is not well known, not every taxi driver know
- Lovely hotel with nice clean small rooms - the hotel locates up on mid hill, kind of quiet surrounding.
- Lovely hotel with warm service - This is a repeat stay as we love the surrounding greenery an
- lovely hotel - its my first tym to stay their and i wouldsay i had a peasan
- Mold smeld in the room :( - + ok views from the hotel roof, helpfull doormen
- mold sme
- Nice and Cosy Hotel - reception and housekeeping are very helpful. convenient loca
- nice but cold - rooms were clean. beds could of been softer. staff needs to
- Nice clean hotel with loads of entertainment - We're satisfied with the cleanliness of the hotel and the fr
- Nice hotel away from the hustle and bustle - Travellers should be aware that this hotel caters predominen
- Nice hotel away from the Macau city - The hotel is about 10 mins taxi drive from the city centre.
- Nice hotel with a bad service - The breakfast was cold and tea and coffee is charged during
- nice stay in macau -
- Ok room in 3 star hotel - Very 3 star feel to this place. But clean enough. Hard bed.
- old and classical - very good.changed to the flatlet in free.very good,have livi
- Pleasant stay with good service - The hotel is clean and comfort to stay. The hotel free shutt
- Quiet, spcaious and lonely place - very relaxing hotel with clean , hygiene and good bed.
- Reek of cigarette stench - There was only one counter staff on duty when we checked in
- Sastisfy, comfortable stay - I had a pleasant stay during my trip in Macau.The room is cl
- Uncontrolable Shower - Uncontrolabel shower make you hard to enjoy a comfortable sh
- very quaint, but reasonable - Did not eat at the restaurant but there was quite a bit of p