Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2193)
November 04, 2009
walking distance to city center, food stall and shopping area.
the hotel location is very convenince for whom like shopping and eating. City center are just the walking distance. Free Shutter bus is a plus point, convenience for thus transfer to other casino and ferry terminal. The room is quite clean but the bed is too hard and not so comfort.
November 02, 2009
Accessibility best describes this Hotel
The Hotel is located near the finest places of Macau. It is a step away to Senado and St. Paul Ruins and Museum. It is a couple of minutes away from Macau Tower by bus # 3. It is a walking distance to Grand Lisboa and if you want to go to Taipa or City of Dreams it is also a walking distance to the bus station and free ride to COD, respectively. The rates are fair enough. It is practically near everywhere. I remembered walking all the way to Fisherman's Wharf and the Parola during my stay there recently. The staff are all accommodating. They are trustworthy when it comes to directions and very reliable. Going to China border (Chuhai) is a walk away to bus # 5. Near the Church too for your religious needs. Lastly just accross New Yaohan. Newest shopping i guess in Macau this spring. Clean and Neat likewise.
I had a pleasant and wonderful time staying at Metropole Hotel although the Taxi I rode from the bus ride from the airport brought me to Metropolitan Hotel. Luckily, the receptionist thereat gave me the Chinese name of the Hotel so I was brought to Metropole riding another taxi. My first night was costly riding two (2) taxis with a flag down rate of 12 Patacas each when it is just a walk away. I guess the lesson is to have a Chinese translation of the Hotel you are booked so the taxi cab would know where you are going. The cab drivers may only know Chinese. Other than that I have no other complaints with my recent trip to Macau. Macau is a nice place to explore. Interesting to see Sun Yat Seng's house.
November 01, 2009
It's a decent hotel if you are looking for value for money. Don't set your expectations too high. We asked for a non-smoking room and got a smoking one. It smelled like cigarettes, was small, had a hard bed. We were in the hotel only for the night, so it was ok. If I were staying in Macau for more than one night, I would have looked for a different hotel. The location is good, close to the touristy sites, casinos.
October 30, 2009
A good 3 days stay in Metropole Hotel
simple, cheap and good. Worth the money
Metropole Hotel is near to many places of interest. Easy to locate, room are good, good for budget, free n easy travel.
The counter staff is friendly, she suggested and booked the taxi for us to airport. The housekeeping team is good and fast. Twice we called them for things and they response fast and well manner.
October 29, 2009
Good location, near Senedo Square
This hotel just about 3 minute walk to Senedo Square which is very convenient. You can ask for the extra bed which make the room rate is cheaper. The hotel is not only provide the extra bed, but also toothbrush, comb, shower cap and towels for every one.
However, the hotel is a bit small and has old facilities than hotels which is further than this. The water bottles are not free. It is MOP12 each. So, be sure you bring your own drinking water if you do not want to pay extra.
Things at Senedo Square is more expensive than things in the shop outside.
Families with older children
October 28, 2009
Metropole Hotel has a very good location. It has great cleanliness and services. the receptionists are very responsive to our requests. The food are quite delicious, however the choices are limited. With such room rates, we get satisfaction from the overall visit. The lobby might not be too enchanting and so is the small coffee shop, but size and outlooks might me misleading. the hotel is as good as any other hotel available.
October 28, 2009
accessible to all commercial
The hotel location are walking distance from the tourist spot, restaurant, casino and commercial store. Centre district area.
October 24, 2009
1. good location
3. good service of housekeeper & receptionist
This hotel is good service together with reasonable price. It located in center of Macau which easy to wald or take taxi to shopping or go to whatever interesting place. The other good point of the hotel are very clean room, we able to request additonal pillow or tissue fm housekeeper at any time. But the bad point is very loudly traffic during night or day time. it's quite difficult for the guest to sleep.
grand Lisbao - restaurant. It's very delicious.
United States of America,
October 21, 2009
The Metropole is located within a 5 minute walk of the main square (Largo Senado) and many historic sites such as St. Paul's as well as shops, restaurants, and, casinos. My 9th-floor room was clean, comfortable, well maintained, and had a nice view. I couldn't have asked for more.
On location alone I recommend this hotel. It is a good value 3 star place that I (obviously) booked with Agoda for a twin with no breakfast. I received a free upgrade to a queen bed in a larger and higher room (internet cable provided but no computer). When I asked to extend one more night at the same rate, the desk clerk raised the rate to and said he couldn't match Agoda's price. Don't assume this rate is written on a stone tablet and if necessary ask to speak with the office manager. I negotiated the rate, but still don't understand why the hotel has a two (or maybe three--I'm guessing the walk-in rate is yet different) tier rate structure. Last, I find Agoda's one-night penalty for canceling within one week of arrival to be a bit excessive so plan your itinerary carefully (at both ends).
From Largo Senado a narrow alley leads to the St. Paul's Church facade. On the sub-alleyways look for restaurants. For example, follow the one by McD's about 100 meters and on the right side near a fountain you'll find "Boa Mesa," a Portuguese style restaurant with excellent food. Its set-price lunch is $85 (MOP). On the same sub-alleyway closer to McD's you'll see "Platao," which in my opinion is over-priced. There are also nice little restaurants on Taipa and Coloane Islands: from the Lisboa Hotel area take bus #33 (exact change only for fare--$3.40--in Oct. 2009). Have fun!!!
Families with older children
October 21, 2009
This hotel is near the interesting place
good location to stay near the interesting place in Macau-Ruin of St.paul ,St. Dominic's church,Holy house of Mercy. You just walk within 10 minutes.it's near the department store , just across the corner.The room is clean and comfortable.You can buy cosmetic and cloth at sasa
and Bossini just walk 5 minutes. next trip i will stay here again.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Metropole Hotel, Macau
- a good choice of economic hotel - everything is good, it just my skin is very sensitive, i sta
- affordable hotel at the center of macau... - the hotel is affordable, free shuttle bus is available for h
- Average hotel, overpriced and poor quality - after check-in we were offered a double bed with a width of
- Bad Experience Hotel Stay - The hotel location is excellent in central town but the beds
- Best location for Senado square - Good location in Macau center, only 5 minute walk to Senado
- Clean and Comfortable - In Macau it can be difficult to find a mid-range hotel on a
- Comfortable hotel in a Great location. - This hotel does not have a casino and so should not be compa
- comfortable stay at metropole - it is an excellent place for sightseeing as many attractions
- Comfortable stay-in hotel - it's a great location with walking distance to many casinos
- convenience hotel - the hotel location is very convenince for whom like shopping
- Convenience -
- Convenient and clean - We travelled from Hong Kong to Macau via the First Ferry. Wh
- Convenient location and great value for money - Me and my girlfriend stayed in a standard twin room for 2 ni
- Convevient location - good location, walking distance to major hotel and casinos,
- convinient to walk around - the hotel is very near to the tourist spot and also if you l
- cool location with a smile - metropole is a stylish 3-star hotel located a 15-minute walk
- Excellent location and closed by to San Ma Lo - Pleasantly being greeted by the bell boy, Ah Pong to moment
- Excellent location with average service staff - hotel quite old but excellent location! short walking distan
- For the less fussy travellers - it's not a bad hotel, although the shuttle service needs imp
- Good choice. - I visited for one night. The hotel have very good location,
- Good for budget - very nice hotel at a very good price. good for people go for
- Good location and value of money Hotel - stayed in a lovely and clean room with all the basic necessa
- Good location but rude reception - Nearby Senado Square and was within walking distance to Wynn
- Good location metropole hotel. - I like the location, walking distance to senado square, yaoh
- Good location with good service - It is a good location to senoda square with the free shuttle
- good location, comfortable room but no wifi - stay 1 night, quite comfortable. food at lobby expensive. di
- Good location - It was hard to find a cab in the area. Very simple food pre
- Good location - Nice hotel with walking distance to many tourist spot
- good location - the location is great, nearby all the attractive place. but
- good locations but the room was rather old -
- good service with smile - good hotel good location but no internet wifi and easy to fi
- good think about thid hotel - Metropole Hotel Macau is a nice hotel good value for our mon
- Good -
- Great Location & Nice Room - stayed for 1 night in metropole before going into zhuhai and
- great location and hotel - generally, the hotel is good and location is best for us. th
- Great Location but hotel is not up to expection ! - Hotel need renovation ! Hotel staffs not quite friendly, sho
- Great location but not comfortable - The location is very strategic, by walking distance, you may
- Great Location but with poor customer service - the hotel is located near all the tourist spots in macau. i
- Great location hotel - The hotel is close to all the major attractions in the centr
- Great location near tourist spots - We are so impressed how this hotel strive to please their gu
- Great location right at the heart of Macau - The hotel room is quite small but it`s all clean and quiet.
- Great Location with big room - we had a normal standard room which i find it rather big, th
- Great location! - it was a good holiday, we choose the correct hotel, its easy
- Great location, affordably priced! - I was really happy we booked our accommodation in this Hotel
- Great location, big and clean room - It is a lovely hotel, very convenient to go to señoda square
- Great location, good service but old rooms - hotel is in a very convenient location, close to all facilit
- Great location, Great room and Great service - I went to Macau with my Mom and we are shopping lover so th
- Great Location, Great Value in Macau - I'm enjoyed staying at this hotel as i got a spacious & clea
- Great location, hard beds - The beds were hard. other than that, nothing to complaint ab
- great location, the room is clean, good service - we booked 2 standart rooms for 1 nights @ metropole hotel ma
- Great Location - + near mtr station, near shoping center, easy to accessible,
- Great location - 10mins walk to senado square. Bus shuttle to ferry port. Bus
- Great Location - Good location, just renovated, clean and all the staffs are
- Great Location - i have stayed in this hotel before and this is my second vis
- Great location - Small 3 star hotel, room size not too big but comfortable. C
- Great location - The hotel is at a good location, near shopping area. There a
- great location - the hotel is great although small rooms,staff tried their be
- great location - the hotel room was quite clean and tidy, but the air-cond wa
- Great location - This hotel is small one but room is not too small. We can wa
- Great Location - Though the exterior looks old, but the suite room was great,
- Great location - Very convenient location to most of the tourist attraction.
- Great location - We managed to get an upgrade so the room was spacious and cl
- great place to stay - we enjoy the enviroment and facilities at the hotel. in addi
- Hotel is good location,walk a few minute to senado - Hotel is ok for price,good location near sightseeing,shoppin
- Hotel with good location - great location; 5 mins walk to macau square, lisboa, right i
- Hotel with great location - The hotel is tolerable for the not so meticulous traveller.
- Inconvenient -
- Just Nice and Clean Hotel. - Small Hotel but quite nice and clean also.
Good location j
- Just ok - the room is small, but price high. NOT go there during sprin
- Macau at the Metropole with the Boys - The hotel is near, meaning walking distance to all the impor
- Macau Metropole Hotel - Great location, easy access to all tourist attractions. High
- Macau - stayed at the double storey suite room, very spacious and co
- macau - the hotel location is excellent as starting point to attract
- Metro Pole Hotel - if you simply plan to enjoy the casino's then this is the pl
- Metro Pole, Macau - The location is perfect because the hotel is located in the
- Metrople is very nearby with Senado Square - Thank you Agoda for the review, here the tips for who ever w
- Metropol Macau - The metropol was well located with easy access to many inter
- Metropole Hotel - Macau - Overall, our stay was alright considering the amount that we
- Metropole hotel in Macau - The hotel was situated close to Casino Lisboa and it was ver
- Metropole Hotel, Macau - Very pleasant stay. The reception staff is very helpful. Ro
- Metropole Hotel, -
- Metropole Hotel -
- Metropole Hotel -
- Metropole Hotel -
- metropole hotel - I would recommend this hotel to tourists looking for an affo
- Metropole Hotel - Metropole Hotel is well located and convenient to travellers
- Metropole Hotel - only the location of the hotel matter, good location anyway
- Metropole Hotel - room is nice. price is fair. a lot of shop and restaurant ar
- Metropole Hotel - The hotel is at a very good location.Within 5 minutes walk t
- Metropole Hotel - The Hotel location is one of its major asset when it comes t
- metropole in macau - metropole hotel is a nice place to stay for tourist who are
- Metropole Macao - It is well located.Senado square is within walking distance.
- Metropole -Macau - Located very centrally main attractions within walking dista
- Metropole Macau - The hotel is nice with warm and friendly staff. It is locate
- Metropole - the hotel room is big and comfortable, with all the necessar
- Newly Renovated Hotel - This is my 2nd stay at the hotel, where the first one was ba
- Nice & clean hotel near Senado Square - I can walk to Senado Square and Saint Paul's Ruin. Many rest
- Nice hotel and good location - Very convenient location to most of the tourist attraction.W
- Nice Hotel and Reasonable Price - The hotel is opposit Yaohan Department store. In front of ho
- Nice Hotel - Generally speaking, this hotel have a very good location. It