Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Taipa / Cotai
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (4608)
January 21, 2011
my stay with regency hotel
price is reasonable,perfect location,public transportation is good
internet must be available in the room since the internet in the lobby is only 2 units so that the guest will not be waiting so long.
this is a nice hotel for guest who wants to explore macau because the transportation is accessible.
January 21, 2011
Regency Hotel Macau
good location for exploring the new hotels and casinos on Taipa Island and the Cotai Strip, e.g. Venetian is 5 minutes by taxi; cheap price for (so-called) 5-star; not many other pros
The hotel's free shuttle bus once every hour from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. will take you to the Lisboa Hotel in downtown and to the HK Ferry Terminal on a circular route. The rooms are clean but don't look like a 5-star hotel; the same goes for the food. however, the breakfast variety was rather disappointing, the only meat available being bland veal sausages, but the orange juice is good. The big negative is that they charge HK$180 per day for Internet access. They have 2 free but slow desktop PCs at the back of the huge lobby; at some times of the day, though, people are queuing up to use them. If you must check your e-mail quick and often, you have no choice but to fork out the very steep HK$180 a day. The outdoor pool is nice and large, but closed between December and March. The room windows aren't fully sealed and have a cold draught blowing inside in January. The TV is inadequate, being 90% Chinese channels and with no movie channels whatsoever, even in Chinese. BBC World is the only English news. The outdated room decoration kind of looks like a motel. Clean and comfortable, but not what I expect from a true 5-star. The hotel looks at least 30 years old and in need of an update. It seems very few people were there in January, and checkin and checkout were very fast. At US$60 a night, it's a good deal, but overall the hotel is bland and not memorable in any way.
A taxi from here to the Venetian Hotel will cost only HK$20 and take 4 or 5 minutes. You can spend several hours there shopping, eating, gambling and marvelling at its immense size. I recommend the Bambu buffet restaurant in the Venetian. It costs HK$250 per person for dinner, but the food is excellent and plentiful, with a huge spread of Chinese, Western, Japanese and Indian foods, all perfectly cooked. Go there very hungry at 7 p.m. (no lunch please) and HK$250 for all that food is a real bargain.
January 18, 2011
Lovely hotel and service with a smile
if u want to Pay less, but can stay in 5 star hotel Regency Hotel Macau is a good choice !!!
January 17, 2011
lovely hotel, great location, easy transport
i would like to recommend this hotel to other traveller. nice service and great room. price that we paid, and room that we get is balanced.
go to san ramo, near from hotel, just accross the bridge
United States of America,
January 16, 2011
hotel has seen better days
size of the room was good
breakfast buffet was weak; we had to take a taxi everywhere; hotel smelled moldy and bathroom was marginally clean. The staff was helpful and polite. The lobby was attractive. The room was chilly no matter what we had the heat set at.
stay someplace else
January 16, 2011
Though the hotel is situated at Taipa, the location is convenient with shuttle bus to city centre. The room is quiet and tidy but the decoration is a bit old which needs renovation. Room rate is reasonable. Besides, the room service food is good but choices are limited.Suggest to have more chinese cruisine on the menu.
January 16, 2011
Quite average for a 5 star
I couldn't check in early as I reached around 11pm so I had to store my luggage. Checked in only later of the day at around 5pm. Reception was friendly. Room is clean. Place looks old though. Broken window shades. Would be better if there's free internet.
January 16, 2011
Nice hotel wih great customer service
Large rooms, lovely spa, great concierge, nice breakfast, good location if you don't mind buses!
the hotel was really charming and the staff was amazing, whatever we needed help with they sorted it out for us! we also did the mistake of taking taxis at first, but there is no need. there is a bus stop just a few metres down the road which takes you to the venetian, hac sa beach or the old town so for us that was perfect, especially as the bus was only 4 macau dollars!
the room was a litte run down but was still absolutely fine, large space, nice comfy bed, tv with some english channels and they do offer room service.
highlight would definitely be the spa though, very nice and you felt really pampered being in there for an hour or two! all inclusive in the price. they have a lovely big pool in the back garden as well which was emptied now when we were there since it's winter but in the summer i reckon this hotel would be amazing!
overall we definitely enjoyed it and would go again!
everyone talks about fernandos in hac sa, and yes that is lovely! but if you really want to taste amazing food then pay a visit to a lorcha! amazing food, the octopus salad was so tender you didn't even need to chew. we've never had octopus like that! steak was cooked to perfection and you can get a bottle of wine for 90 macau dollars, who can complain!?
January 16, 2011
we are really enjoyed staying the hotel. Spa was great and the price is good and staffs are very helpful. We would like to stay again there.
A lo Cha is very good to eat in Macau.
January 13, 2011
Nice hotel,good service,good breakfast,convenient
Quick check in & check out, nice rooms
Hotel is in Taipa area in Macau which is only about 15 mins cab/bus ride to most places.
Hotel doesnt provide shuttle service but we were advised by the concierge to walk across the road (5 mins walk) to New Century Hotel for the free shuttle provided to both China/Zhu Hai customs, as well as Macau ferry terminal.
However, to get to the 'City of Dreams' and Venetian, the only option is by bus or cab, cab would cost about 20-30 Macau dollars. There is also no shuttle to and fro the airport, which is very costly, as cab drivers charge extra for baggage handling. Our trip from the airport costs us almost 90 Macau dollars! It will be best to work out the total transport costs + hotel costs before staying at this hotel. It could be more afforable and convenient to stay at Venetian/City of Dreams which actually provide shuttle to airports, ports and ferry terminals.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Regency Hotel Macau, Macau
- 4 star hotel but a bit old - Breakfast is good.
Room is big and clean.
Staff is friendl
- 5-star of the 80s!? - - rooms were old, and desperately in need of refurbishing.
- A comfortable hotel - Everything is good except there should be some coffee and te
- A hotel with a relaxing environment - This hotel being the old Hyatt Regency Macau still has it ch
- A hotel with big room - i checkin the room within the said checkin time, however i c
- A hotel with great location - This is a hotel situated near the city centre and most sight
- A normal hotel - we stayed two nights here. we book two different room types-
- A not up to standard hotel so called as 5 stars. - Very noisy environment with very lord speaking people runnin
- A quiet and relaxing resort - This hotel was a five star hotel before, however after the d
- Acceptable hotel with some hiccups. - Overall the hotel itself was good, room was spacious enough,
- Acceptable location, very nice pool area, old room - I spent a night in this hotel, I was in Macau for a short tr
- Affordable and Good Location - This hotel has good location. It's almost at the center of M
- Affordable, friendly, great breakfast. - Have stayed here many times, good value for money, great bre
- Ageing but still pleasant - I have stayed at the Regency several times. Originally it wa
- Average Quality with Acceptable Price -
- Basic but fine - People were friendly in the hotel. Breakfast was a bit crowd
- beautiful room n good service - Love the room deco and the overall hotel design. Staffs are
- Beautiful view - The location of the hotel is excellent. From there you can e
- Best and good for holiday hotel -
- best quality hotel - we went there on the x'mas day.
they had already prepared e
- Best Resort Facilities - The staff are so helpful. Breakfast so nice. They also have
- Budget hotel, good value for the money - We stayed one night in this hotel. The rooms were clean and
- Classic Room - Pleasurable stay. Facilties is well maintened, this hotel i
- Classical Hotel with luxury feel - friendly staff, nice n classical room, big pool and nice foo
- clean and good service - clean and good service but small rooms
and far from the cen
- clean hotel and comfortable - stay was good, bed was very comfortable, easy access
- clean rooms with reasonable price - We had a relatively good stay at this hotel. As i have said,
- Clean, Classic and convenient - my family and i stayed here for two nights. it is convenient
- close to airport - Very close to airport and within walking distance to city ce
- Comfortable and good value - I will come back again for sure! Room is specious and love t
- Comfortable and silence - The price is acceptable and the hotel is silence and beautif
- comfortable - comfortable
- Comforts room and great service - Everything good except:-
1. There is no drinks inside the f
- Convenient location, rooms are clean and well-kept - highly recommended hotel. convenient location, rooms are wel
- Covenient - A very quiet envitonment with freindly services...
- cozy place - it's really good to stay here..so me and my family can get a
- Crusty rooms and terrible food - The room we were in was damp and smelt old and dirty.
- Decent Price hotel - I think the location is not so good, not so many bus pass th
- Descent hotel with friendly staff - The room was average but clean. The breakfast buffet was goo
- Dirty and old - 1) It's DIRTY
2) It's old
3) good breakfast buffet
- Don't put high hope even is 5***** - wifi - need to pay!!!!! on daily basis!!!! my 1st encounter
- Economy Hotel - All service and room are good, and it is economy Hotel. Bre
- entertaining, accessible, interesting -
- Everything was expected - The hotel location was right in the middle of city, so it's
- excellent rate - the hotel is conveniently located, and there is hotel shuttl
- Fabulous holiday with a memorable stay - it was a great experience! it will definitely be one of my t
- Fabulous location with excellent view - Just around the corner from the Altira Hotel, and right in f
- fading glory - but the rooms are old and moldy...fine if you're just going
- Fair enough! - This hotel is value for moeny.
Quiet is the first advant
- Family Hotel - The hotel is best fit for family. The staff are very accomod
- Friendly hotel staff, very convenient, big rooms - The hotel staff was very helpful and polite. The room was ni
- Friendly service - The staff is friendly and helpful. The environment is silent
- friendly staff,good location with spacious room - The laundry services offered is the most expensive one as co
- Good and comfortable hotel - We are happy to stay in this hotel with friendly staff. The
- Good budget class hotel - Small hotel with clean facility. Not in busy area, hence n
- good hotel for short stay - overall our stay had been good. the staff are nice and helpf
- Good Hotel with Value of money - Location is good but the building needs some renovation. Goo
- good hotel, far location. - It was quite enjoyable but still very far. Staff were so-so.
- Good hotel, value for money - Clean and spacious room, quiet environment, the in-house res
- Good hotel. - Good hotel. Good location is a good choice for travelers lo
- Good Hotel - The lobbly of the hotel is very good but the room is small.
- Good located but small rooms -
- good location and breakfast - Quick check-in and out. Efficient receptionists and front de
- Good location and nice room - Good frontdesk service, fast check in and out, easy to find
- Good location but old hotel - A very old 5-stars hotel but with big room and toilet. The h
- Good location but very old hotel - The staff is helpful in direction and breakfast is consider
- Good Location Good Hotel- A Lovely Stay - a good hotel with a nice service. the best i liked is the lo
- Good location near Venetian. - Nice hotel with good breakfast. Was very pleased with our st
- good location old hotel not very hospitable staff - very convenient location, livable hotel, best for price if y
- good location. - As it was easy access to many places of interest, we extente
- Good location - Regency location is good and everything in the hotel is old
- Good quiet location - Check in and check out was smooth.
Room was spacious by loc
- Good service - Recengy is one of choice that you can decide. They have good
- good service - Regency Hotel, Macau
The hotel was uncovered an engaging go
- Good services, fine for the location -
- Good Value for Money Resort Hotel - Well maintain, great pool with lots of green surrounding.
- good, staff is nice - Everything is good, bath room and the bed room is big, the b
- good -
- Good - Good Hotel with Value of money. Location is good but the bui
- good - the shuttle can be half an hour will be better
the room incl
- goog service - regency hotel, macau
the hotel was uncovered an engaging go
- Grand hotel with affordable price -
- Great and Nice People - I really enjoyed staying in Regency Hotel, the food is great
- great for low budget travelers - enjoyed our stay. love the rooms and the ambiance.
- Great hotel staff but hotel has seen better days - Rooms are in need of renovating. It's not as nice as the pic
- Great hotel with a good jacuzzi and sauna room. - hotel is a good price. breakfast in the morning is very g
- Great Hotel with good service - this hotel is not very crowded but still have a nice service
- Great hotel, but a little bit far away from action - this hotel is a bit old but still well looking and very well
- Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Atmosphire - It's my second time staying at regency, it's not so expensiv
- Great hotel - Everything went smooth when i was there with my family. They
- great location & awesome view of macau city - location of the hotel was accessable from macau city & airpo
- Great location but small rooms - hotel' s confort and features are overall ok but rooms are n
- Great location but small rooms - Recency Hotel is located in Taipa, and it is affordable comp
- Great location for relax - great location for relax and staff service with smilling fac
- Great location with great service - Location is just right, near different scenic spots in Macau
- Great Location, Great Front liners - Bedroom - clean including linens and towels.
Food for break
- Great location, Lovely hotel and service - We have Three Adults and One Children.Such a Lovely hotel an
- Great Location - It is a nice a quiet place to stay and relax. staffs are ver
- Great location - Pleasant, but the shutter bus service have to wait for an ho
- Great location - Stayed for 2 nights. Location is great as its in the center,