Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (6966)
November 17, 2012
Good hotel, great location, professional service
I used this hotel as homebase to explore Macau from a tourist perspective. I found that the location is strategically good, being in walking distance to many sights and providing good access to public transportation. At the same time it is a bit away from all the hussle and bussle. Not many breakfast and lunch/dinner options in the immediate vicinity, though. Since breakfast is not included getting a meal in the morning was not as easy as I wished. Said having said the Royal might well be my accomodation of choice should I return to Macau. Value for money seemed excellent.
Families with older children
November 16, 2012
their employees are all friendly. great location and rooms.
November 16, 2012
5 star hotel with cheaper room rate
room rate is very attractive
5 star hotel with cheaper room rate. The room size is big. The related bed and chair are comfortable. Its also clean and tidy. The staffs are very nice and helpful. Services are very well. We highly recommend to choose this hotel and we will come back again next time.
November 16, 2012
great room with fantastic night view, nice staff, walking distance to shops and casinos, about $25 taxi from ferry.
November 16, 2012
good hotel in central location
good local feel near the hotel
friendly staff, clean and good-sized rooms. stayed here several times and always been worth it. Dont bother with breakfast though it's not up to much.
November 16, 2012
Affordable 5 star hotel
Clean ,large room space ,classical decoration affordable five hotel
Location is not so good hard to find in the city, compare with other Macau 5 star hotel not that expensive but not that luxury and comfortable
November 15, 2012
Great location and convienient with shutter buses.
Great location, clean room and nice receiption.
It's a very strategic location to stay at the town area.
Walking distance to the center of town and the famous attraction - the Ruins of St. Paul's Cathedral.
Families with young children
November 14, 2012
Nice hotel with great location
Nice neighbourhood, walking distance to main tourist attraction
We stayed 2 nites in Royal Hotel in mid Nov & took 3 deluxe rooms for 6+1(kid) family members.
I called the hotel few days before arrival to check the free shuttle pick-up service at airport.
Was told to go to the rows of travel agencies after baggage claim & look for "Top Holiday" which is at the far right.
Managed to find it easily and we were shuttled to the hotel shortly without fault.
Check-in was swift.
After we moved into our rooms, my husband found that he has dropped his handphone in the shuttle bus.
He told the reception to contact the Top Holiday agent quickly & thus the bus driver.
Receptions seemed to have no clue who/what this Top Holiday is about.
After some hassles, they finally contacted the Top Holiday agent and we waited for the news for the lost handphone.
30 mins passed and nothing happened.
My husband decided to go to the airport himself to look for the agent & the bus driver.
Fortunately the agent was there and he found the handphone and was keeping it. He said he has told the hotel but we were not informed about it.
My husband is very grateful to the agent & the bus driver.
It is very important to meet honest people on the 1st day of your holidays.
Besides this hiccup, we were very happy with our stay in Royal Hotel.
Room is big enough to put an extra bed without feeling packed.
Staffs are friendly & helpful.
Buffet breakfast is adequate with western & chinese food.
The biggest advantage is the location of the hotel.
It is located in a quiet neighbourhood, away from tourist-packed streets but yet is just a mere 15 mins leisure walk to the Senado Square & St Paul Ruins.
We like walking around the hotel area & enjoyed watching the local people's daily life.
We moved to Venetian for another 2 nites.
Somehow we prefered Royal than Venetian, and regretted not to stay 1 more nite in Royal as we think there is more things to do and see in Macau Island than Taipa area.
Families with older children
November 14, 2012
Comfortable and Great Service
Beautiful interior, clean pool and good steam room, friendly customer service, near to Senado and St Paul
It was a pleasant stay! The bed was very comfortable and the room was big. It was not near to big casino so the crowd is minimal, there is a nice park nearby and walking distance to places like Guia Lighthouse and Senado Square. There are plenty of buses to take you to Taipa and even taxi. The hotel also provide transport to Grand Lisboa and Ferry Terminal so its very convenient.
Try to explore Macau by foot, and drop by some small eating place and be where local crowds go, then you will truly enjoy Macau, besides all the casinos..
November 14, 2012
High age hotel but still keep to standard
The six time stay at this hotel, everything is same such as non-smoking room but cigarette smell still stick inside the room. And I wonder why everytime check in here the hotel need me to show the credit card that I book this hotel. And one time I book the room through a China website, it didn't need this complicate step?
Hotel staff is polite and smile all the time. Hope th hotel can put more pr staff at the reception hall, function is to ask the Chinese tour group to low down their voice ( so,loud as in vegetable market at the morning)
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Royal Hotel, Macau
- "Great hotel and good service" - The hotel was awesome! I'll definitely stay again at this ho
- 1st Time in Macau - This was my first visit to Macau and flew in for a 4night br
- 2 days stay at Royal Hotel - Overall I had a wonderful 2 days stay at this hotel. We book
- 3 star hotel instead of 5 -
- 5 stars no wifi!!! - It was okay... I won't stay there again... As there no wifi
- A 5-star hotel it is - I had a very enjoyable stay at Royal Hotel Macau. Though its
- a clean and tidy hotel - Value for stay if the price
- A comfortable hotel - The hotel is quite comfortable and the price is reasonable.
- A good option to stay - The hotel is not as modern as some others, however it is rea
- A little gem in a sea of giants - a fantastic place to stay. the hotel was very clean, the roo
- a nice place in macau - Acutally it is not really a very convinient place to say, ho
- A NIce Stay - If you come from macau airport, suggest to take bus AP1 from
- A pleasant visit - The check-in service was excellent, and we were able to avai
- A standard 5 star hotel -
- A value for money hotel - A spacious and nicely decorated hotel with great value, equi
- Always a Friendly Hotel - Not ideally place for access to the fun and bright lights of
- Always a Pleasure - it is always a pleasure to stay at the royal hotel. althoug
- Atrocious Service from Bell Captain Concierge Desk - At my check-out from Hotel Royal in Macao at 9am on Dec 6, 2
- Average Hotel - Location is really good, close to most of the attractions in
- Bad management, nice rooms. - On arrival we were told that we could not check in to the ro
- Beautiful hotel with helpful staff - room is cosy and comfortable. the toilet is well equipped wi
- Beautiful hotel - location is near to historical places for sightseeing. very
- beautiful hotel - the hotel is a bit out from the visiting sight. have to take
- Best bell boy service - Whenever i have chance to come to Macau, i will choose to st
- Big room with nice view - Get to stay the highest floor with very nice view
- Big rooms, dirty bathroom - The lobby was lovely (though smelled strongly of perfume, fi
- boring City - Hotel locate on top of hill,center of Kuching surrounding wi
- central location , away from the casinos - the overall stay was good , nice central , but quiet locatio
- Cheap and fun games at Casino! Cheaper hotel! - Good:
- Hotel price is much cheaper compared elsewhere in M
- Chic Hotel with friendly staff - Even though the location of the hotel seems to be far from M
- Clean and nice. Service is good. - If you are planning for a budget stay but giving a classy st
- Clean central location -
- clean hotel with comfortable bed. - Comfortable room, free foxtel bonus, close to shops.
- clean hotel good location - We always stay at the Royal hotel during Chinese New Year, i
- Clean room near city no internet in room -
- Clean Room - enjoyed staying in this hotel. it located at good location,
- Clean rooms - like some other reviews have mentioned, the hotel does not m
- Clean - It's a good and clean hotel with an easy access to a lot of
- clean - very clean, near the bar, near the beach, good.
I will use
- clen room - A small room, but it was quiet and comfortable.
The staff i
- Close to major attractions, Clean room -
- Comfort room but not close to travel place. - Good
1. Free hotel shuttle bus pick you up and drop you off
- Comfort stay with good food around - price was a little pricy with no breakfast (usd104) yet i st
- Comfortable and relax - Even though i just stay 1 night at this hotel, but i like th
- Comfortable and relaxing place to stay - I was very impress of the service of Royal hotel staff as th
- comfortable hotel -
- Comfortable room & bed. - Walkable distance to St Paul and Magaret's egg tart. There's
- comfortable room - great location for this hotel, the staffs are friendly, the
- Comfortable stay - The reception desk upgraded to the Deluxe room for me (book
- comfortable, nice location -
- Comfortable -
- Comfortable - Although bit far from the city, but they provide the shuttle
- convenient location, - the hotel is conveniently located, within walking distance t
- Convenient Location - i stayed in this hotel whenever i go to macau. as i always r
- Convenient - If you do not want to gamble and love sight-seeing, then thi
- Cosy but not strategic - we enjoyed the room and the service but the location of the
- Cosy hotel with great service - Cosy hotel with clean and comfortable room
- Cozy and big room with centralize location -
- Decent hotel with good access to Macau - We only had 1 night there but it was convenient as we had a
- Decent hotel - - decent room and services. folks speak questionable english
- Decent Hotel - The hotel was decent and they honored our room requests incl
- distance is not a problem even by foot - Its great, we enjoyed every minutes in macau. The walking fr
- Double Deluxe is King Size Bed - 12 Floor - near to city, behind the hotel there is a hill where you can
- dwild - Location is near the central park but off the main crowd, th
- Elegant hotel located in the city center - i enjoyed staying here. the breakfast buffet is huge! the sw
- Enjoyed our stay - This was our first trip to Macao and the Royal was a perfect
- Excellent service - must say that RH has a very good service level. Comfortable
- Excellent Staff service - i liked how there were shuttle buses to wherever we want to
- Execellent location away from the centre - I particularly enjoy the gaming room located on the grd & 1s
- Facilities - Overall speaking, I would recommend this hotel to the others
- Fairly neat and clean hotel at a great location. - On the date of return, the hotel staff forgot to book the sh
- free wifi a plus - hotel was at least 2 blocks from nearest restaurant, but sti
- Friendly Hotel Staff - we enjoy our stay at royal hotel, the hotel staff are friend
- Friendly staff - great service from staff and they are super friendly! gave v
- Generally nice hotel, but staffs are ? - Staffs need to improve their manners and efficiency, especia
- Good and nice room but location is not idea - This is a nice hotel which located a little away from popula
- Good Hotel @ Bad Location - It was a good stay , the rooms were clean spacious. Good swi
- good hotel and nice service - hotel was nice, clean n big rooms , good staff and most of a
- Good hotel and service with smile - Good hotel, clean, and good location, with the good staff wi
- Good hotel and the location really nice - I love this hotel, the room is not too big.. But the locatio
- Good Hotel at Great Location - We stayed at the Royal Hotel Macau for one night and we grea
- Good hotel staffs - This is a wonderful hotel, very clean and nice and the staff
- Good Hotel to stay-in but not so-good view - Overall it was a good stay. I was just disappointed that th
- Good hotel, great location, professional service - I used this hotel as homebase to explore Macau from a touris
- Good hotel, valued for money. - the location is not as remote as we thought. in fact, if you
- good hotel - I arrived and check in quickly. The htel lks good and in a r
- Good hotel - the hotel is very good and the service provided is best.easy
- good hotel - This is the second time that we stayed at this hotel, the lo
- Good location & comfortable -
- Good location and clean & comfortable hotel - a few personally insulting language or descriptions from hot
- Good location and clean room - Walking distance to the Ruins of St Paul. Located right in t
- Good location and friendly service - The staffs here are very nice and friendly. The location is
- Good location and friendly staff - good location hotel, near to the tourist places, just walk a
- Good location and great service - The staff there are really helpful. They provided a travelli
- Good location and service scetchy views - Mixed view from windows half finished concrete building site
- Good location hotel and fast service. - we like the room, hotel very clean, good staff and very clos
- Good location, good C/P value, Very clean - Poor service that Hotel didnot provide Taxi calling service.
- Good location, good size and good service - The hotel locates in very convenient and interesting locatio
- Good Location - The hotel location is good, have shuttle bus transfer. But t
- Good location - There is a shuttle bus to pick guest up from hotel to the fe