Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (443)
February 21, 2012
had 5 days here and was impressed by the staff - they were freindly and co-operative. the room was very good, but the hot water was not 100%. the free buffet breakfast was exceptional and the setting - you look out across the beach was really nice. overall, we had a great time here and i would not hesitate to reccomend this place to others.
drawbacks? it is a fair way out of town so you either need to take the shuttle or arrange tpt at around 60myr each way if you want to get out. on the other hand, it is a very quiet location and that makes it perfect for resting up.
They have an agent there to arrange tours, and he seemed quite friendly and competent, but I saw cheaper options at the Union Centre, (the shuttle takes you right there).
February 19, 2012
very clean and well organised hotel
very friendly staff they go out of there way to make your stay special
this hotel is 40 minutes from kota kinbalu but operates shuttle service.the hotel is well organised very clean.the restraunt serves some excellent dishes and i am a very fussy eater. the staff go out of there way to help make your stay enjoyable.In a nut shell would definateley stay there again
some very good tours and sight seeing
United States of America,
February 19, 2012
people were very friendly and helpful
internet service sporadic.
pool hours short (would have been nice to swim in the evenings)
food choice and quality was really poor.
the people working there were wonderful.
seats in the lobby really really uncomfortable (especially as it was the only place to get internet)
love the flowers
did not like the spraying (bug spraying) which was done without notice and smelled awful, not to mention whether it was a health hazard - had i known it was going to happen, i would have made plans to be anywhere else.
not much options for meals nearby especially during the day.
far from town, beach not swimmer friendly.
February 17, 2012
Clean & tidy, beautiful garden & swimming pool, and nice staff
need ~30 minutes drive from airport to these resort (free parking). checked-in quickly with nice staff. the room was clean & tidy and big enough especially the toilet. free wifi at the lobby. the breakfast was great which sat beside the beach. the swimming pool also clean. i will back to these resort if visit sabah again.
No more restaurant beside the resort, thus rent a car is much recommended.
February 12, 2012
lovely hotel with great view and environment
it's far from town ideal for getaway trip. romantic scenery
room was ok. food is not too bad. but did not promote on local culture like the music at restaurant. it was korean songs that they played! the service was friendly but the pool was small and they didn't have rooms facing the beach though. plus they have us a twin bed type room. we're a couple!
Hotel Feature Tip:
Go for a late swim in the afternoon before catching the sunset..awesome!
February 07, 2012
Gorgeous setting on the beach, lovely spacious grounds
Hotel is very convenient for a stay outside the city yet only half an hour maximum to get in. Friendly staff. Room didn't look like the photos- not quite as nice - but perfectly ok. A basic style room (not much hot water when we had a shower) with hotel facilities and grounds which have great potential. The pool was a lovely size but didn't feel as clean as it should. Food at the restaurant in the evening was good. Breakfast was standard - nothing special, but we did arrive just before they finished so perhaps a lot had gone already.
Overall, a good basic hotel with fantastic setting on the beach and convenient for the city.
Waterfront is a great location with many bars and restaurants and a great view of the islands.
February 05, 2012
Resort style, secluded from KK
swimming pool, restaurant across the street
We were a little disappointed in our stay at Beringgis. We had read the reviews and knew the resort was quite far out of KK, and there was little to do in the area, but on top of that it seemed to be a really outdated resort from the 90's. The staff upgraded our room for free, which was nice of them. They were pleasant enough doing their job, but our first impression was walking to the room past piles of plates full of dirty dishes, dirty sheets outside rooms and a key that didn't work. The beach is covered in crabs as well as the water being full of Jellyfish, but we enjoyed sitting outside by the restaurant in little gazebos at night and brought our own wine. They tried to charge a 40 ringgit corkage fee, but as we were outside the restaurant were nice to just let us borrow the corkscrew. Everything costs money, meals are mediocre and there are few restaurant options. The pool was full of people who weren't staying at the hotel on the weekend, not only were they loud, but swam fully clothed. The beach was also closed on the Saturday for some reception thing. The rooms also smelled moldy.
Hotel Feature Tip:
If you just want a pool and want to be outside of KK and don't care about the accommodation, this could be an okay place to stay.
January 26, 2012
very nice experience with big rooms and affordable price. location is not bad, transportation is cool.
should give a serious consideration
Families with young children
January 13, 2012
Nice rooms. Very limited hospitality
Rooms were nice and clean
Beach is very disappointing.
No drinks/food or bar service at pool.
December 29, 2011
One of the Best Beach Resort and Spa
our stay was lovely. great for honeymoon or just an ordinary rest and relaxation. Great ambiance and pool.If you need peace and quiet, this is one of the place to be in kota kinabalu.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Beringgis Beach Resort & Spa, Kota Kinabalu
- Beringgis Beach Resort, near Kota Kinabalu - This was a really quiet place at the end of April when we vi
- Berinngis Beach Resort, Kinarut, Kota Kinabalu - We spent six relaxing days at this resort as a stopover duri
- Enjoyable stay, friendly helpful staff, but - Very enjoyable stay at the Beringgis, staff were very friend
- Excellent Hotel with friendly service - Had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Every member of staff wa
- Good value for money - This hotel had a small but good private beach and swimming p
- Great hotel - overall stay was great but the hotel breakfast need to be im
- Great location but small room - Will choose back this resort again next holidays, the room i
- Great Location - It's a great place to stay. It's reasonable because of the r
- Great place to stay - had 5 days here and was impressed by the staff - they were f
- great setting and good breakfast - I shared a room with a friend and it was excellent value.We
- Lovely ambience resort - Room aircond not cold. Food is ok do is the service. Like
- Lovely hotel - Good for relaxing and the swimming pool is awesome. Not much
- Nice & lovely hotel - I enjoy staying at the hotel and hope to return staying ther
- Nice and relaxing - Arrived here after the torture that was Mount Kinabalu. Just
- nice hotel but not good location - we stayed two days in this hotel.
it is quite far away from
- Nice location, relaxing place - We found the hotel quite relaxing and good value. The rooms
- nice resort with nice pool - Overall nice place to stay if you are looking for relaxing k
- Nice Seaview and Garden - Lousy Internet network and unable to connect. Anyhow, satisf
- Peaceful place - the room phone was not functioning during our stay and we ha
- pleasant and very relaxing - family friendly and relaxing environment. Staff are very fri
- Quiet but nice beach - Our family spent 3 night at this hotel and we are satisfied
- resort hotel worth for money - It was a quiet resort hotel, far from city, but kids enjoy s
- Simple hotel, value for money - the hotel is really two to three star - nothing fancy, but g
- this hotel is amazing - Although my friends and I just spent one night in this hotel
- Very Enjoyable Stay - We enjoyed our stay here. The service, staff, food, scenery