Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (736)
Families with young children
January 26, 2013
Leaking room not worth the price!
staff helpful but for the price you pay and expectations of a world class brand: shangri la our stay was disapointed by continuous leaks of water from the ceiling, incident happened twice (12am & 4am) disrupted our sleep, technical response was prompt but no compensation whatsoever for the inconvenience!! have stayed in 5star hotels priced lower than tanjung aru and got better service & hospitality! disappointing!
January 22, 2013
we are very lucky to upgrade as an executive suite. It is amazing experience. the brand of toiletries is L'Occitane. the infinity pool and water games are nice and fun. It's perfect to see the sunset around the sunset bar. the variety of foods at breakfast are excellent, even there are 6 types of fresh juices for choosing...we love the hotel SO much and would like to stay again for sure!
January 21, 2013
Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa
very nice hotel, very suitable for relaxing , vacations, and honeymoon. recommended to stay at least 5 days trying every activities provided by the club, incl cocktail making , soccer, pool aerobic etc.
January 20, 2013
it is a hotel meant for family with young children
nice pool, nice garden, clean
January 16, 2013
Nice hotel, great service, good location
Nice food, good service with smile, have big pool and nice view
January 15, 2013
Beautiful hotel with exceptional staff and service
staff happy to help out in every way
Beautiful hotel, well maintained rooms with sensational views over the water, and fantastic service facilities including the private beach, great pool are and beautiful gardens and grounds. The resort also has a good selection of restaurants and eating options as well as fantastic extras like an ice-cream bar and a show where you can b simple groceries.
The also have a great gym and great selection of fitness classes and other activities which we really enjoyed, particularly on the few rainy days we had.
They are building their own pier to so will soon have easy access to boats going to the islands, however from their website we thought this was already finished so that was a little disappointing for us.
The resort is only about 5-10 minutes drive from KK city centre which you can get to with a 30RM taxi ride, where you can go for markets and shopping centres.
The sister Shangri-La's at Rasa Ria is also a fantastic facility and one of the features we really enjoyed was they there is a shuttle bus between facilities 3 times daily costing only 30RM return per person. At Rasa Ria you still have access to all their facilities and they have a beautiful long white sandy beach there. So you can really get the best of both worlds and stay nearer the city and airport but easily travel to the site for a more serene beach day.
Families with older children
January 11, 2013
Great hotel, good service
Good atmosphere, very relaxing
-no shower gel in rooms (only bars of soap)
-TV remote was not working, but fixed quickly
-really enjoyed the Star Club
-good breakfast (nice variety)
-fixed price on taxis (too pricey)
-swimming pool and water activities are fun
If you want to leave the hotel and go out to the city, be expected to pay taxi fares as there is no shuttle bus and the distance from the hotel is too far to walk.
January 11, 2013
Very nice resort with very good services. They have a lot of facilities including a beautiful swimming pool. The hotel is located in a convenient place. Just 5 minutes from the airport and take only 15 minutes to downtown.
Families with older children
January 07, 2013
Perfect! Has activities to suit all the family
Private beach, yoga pavilion next to the water, water playground for kids
This is an ideal family resort with plenty of scheduled activities for both adults and children. I enjoyed the yoga in the pavilion next to the sea the most. Staff are mostly friendly with some stand outs. Any complaints immediately addressed and adeptly handled.
It is an older resort so expect some wear and tear. It was also very very busy so at times, breakfast area can resemble a market place. Room cleaning was also rushed so it wasn't the best until my husband brought it to the attention of a manager after which it was excellent. Food buffet was a big spread and varied but I didn't find it to the same standard as other Shangri-las (especially KL which was amazing).
One minor thing I did not like was the charge for the shuttle. The resory's location is close to the airport but you need transport everywhere so you must take the taxis (set fees arranged thru hotel that are slightly higher), arrange your own private driver, or their shuttle. Given their location, I would think the shuttle should have been free.
Still overall I would recommend this for the sheer beauty of the place and relaxation it offers, Agoda ha better prices than booking direct as they had guaranteed rooms which were not available with Shangri-la!
Hotel Feature Tip:
Tanjung wing is better located than Kinabalu wing. Heard bigger rooms too.
Families with young children
January 02, 2013
Attractive swimming pool with kids slides
Nice Swimming Good, attractive sea view and nice environment
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa, Kota Kinabalu
- A little bit expensive, but worthy -
- a standard 5-star resort on the beach - in general, the hotel is a typical 5-star resort on the beac
- all great but bad seaview - great room, great location, great pools, but bad seaview.
- Beautiful hotel, excellent facilities with kids - Excellent place. We took 3 and 6 yr old.
- Beautiful hotel, fabulous service, wonderful views - We arrived at the Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort and were i
- Beautiful infinity pool - the infinity pool at shangri-la's tanjung aru was beautiful.
- Beautiful resort in great location! - our family came in for one evening prior to traveling to san
- Beautiful Resort in KK - All in all I was impressed with this upmarket resort. The po
- big resort - big resort,big swimming pool,9 hole golf court,free bicycle,
- Comfortable room & fantastic environment -
- Enjoy resort - Over all, we really enjoyed stay, unfortunately we could not
- Enjoyable -
- Excellent Resort hotel for the family. - Shangrila... need I say more?
Great resort hotel for the
- Excellent - Everything was excellent.
Food was good.
Staff was kind.
- Faultless perfection! - We could not fault this resort. Friendly staff, helpful atti
- Friendly courteous staff nice setting. - we were welcomed at the resort. (sad to hear that the man wh
- Good location - Room was upgraded to sea-view, but view was terrible
- Good Resort for Family with child - There was noisy construction works outside my room.
- Great resort with friendly stuff - Try the dinner buffet which is amazing also the Peppino rest
- Highly recommended - Excellent hotel, highly recommend it. Make sure you check ou
- Leaking room not worth the price! - staff helpful but for the price you pay and expectations of
- Lovely hotel and great service - It was a great stay in shangri la with my family. I'm the ki
- Lovely Hotel and Great Staff - was one of my best vacations! the hotel and its staff met al
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile. - I feel that a shuttle service into the town should be provid
- lovely hotel and service with a smile - Overall is good. Some tiny mistakes of the service attendant
- Lovely hotel, lovely staff, great rooms - Our room (Kinabalu wing) was nice, bathrooms had definitely
- Nice kids friendly resort - We had an enjoyable stay there and its very near to the town
- nothing special!! - breakfast buffe is absolutely delicious! There are many kind
- Outdated, crowded, overpriced - It is actually our second time staying in this hotel. Last
- Perfect hotel for children or adults - I love the hotel, it was perfect in every way. A few highli
- Sea side hotel and friendly staff - Relax but a bit disappointed because the first day we arrive
- Second stay in Shangri-La - This was my second stay in Shangli-La's Tanjun Aru.
As it wa
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa -
- Staff are always friendly - I wasn't impressed that I was left to carry my own bag to my
- Substandard for a Shangri-La Hotel - staff were helpful, snack bar open 24 hours, clean
- The name speaks it all - Needless to say Shangri-La is undoubtedly one of the best ho
- very nice hotel - only stayed for one night to make a connecting flight to Sip