Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1969)
October 20, 2011
I enjoyed very much in using the swimming pool with relax atmosphere. The hotel is well situated opposite to the Bukit Nanas Monorail station. It takes only 2-3 stations to the shopping malls such as Pavilion, Lot10 and Times Square.
To the KLCC, only a 10-15 minute walk.
Hotel Feature Tip:
There is Free Wifi service to customers, but connecting to Internet using Wifi in room is poor. You could still use the cable to connect to the Internet in the room free of charge only when you have joined hotel's reward programme.
October 17, 2011
Good location and standard
had a very pleasant stay. location is great: within walking distance to twin towers, tourist center, and rail stations (monorail and underground.) staff was excellent; friendly and very helpful. breakfast is great with lot of variety.
we were leaving very early staff was helpful enough to pack our breakfast before we left around 5:30.
October 16, 2011
great breakfast and a big pool
good location, spacious rooms
I really enjoyed the great variety of fresh food at the breakfast. I would like to come back to this place. The staff was very friendly too.
October 16, 2011
Wow, some hotel!
They have customer service down to a fine art and a staggering choice for breakfast
Ok so no hotel is perfect and I could pick holes in this one, but staff here have achieved almost 100% in customer service, from the door staff to the room cleaner. Everyone was delighted to serve, nothing too much trouble and always courtieous and obliging. Maybe a bit subservient for my working class background but refreshing to be treated like a customer and guest. Breakfast selection is amazing and served up to 11am. Room was a pure delight, large long swimming pool and sun lounge area and a gym that puts my local one to shame.
If you don't know which hotel to choose, this is your answer!
Before you go up the KL tower, climb through the adjacent botonical garden/jungle. If you're lucky you'll see the monkeys. When you've done the tower, visit the mini zoo. Loads of snakes and more monkeys.
October 15, 2011
great location, walking distance of klcc
They gave me Marriot rewards card and waived my Wifi Charges
Hotel Feature Tip:
Ask about the Wifi, you may get your charges waived
Families with young children
October 08, 2011
Central located hotel with just a normal flair
nice pool, central location, good view to twin towers, suite was nice for a family with small kids
breakfast buffet mainly asian
gym a little worn out
some lamps in room not working
some 5* features missing (no bath robe, hairdryer fixed to a place without a mirror, no newspaper, service ok but not super)
United States of America,
October 06, 2011
amazing view of the towers, soft comfortable bed, very nice room!
This hotel is close to the petronas towers about a 10 minute walk. There are restaurants in the hotel and all around. Our view had a stunning view of the towers also so even if it rains you can enjoy the scenery. Very comfortable stay I definitely recommend Renaissance KL.
Families with young children
United States of America,
October 06, 2011
Expected basic things right for this flagship
Nice location - Close to Twin Towers, great view from our room
The first room we checked in had hair all over the bathroom and the flush did not work. The second room had a protruding door stopper which hit my foot. The minibar door was on magnets which just slid out on my children. The soap and lotion they used did not smell refreshing at all. On our bed we had some six pillows...way to many for us. Overall unsatisfied with our stay as we expected basic needs to be taken care of.
September 30, 2011
Rooms dirty & mouldy, front reception not helpful
Pool and pool deck area was big and clean. The Buffett breaky had a huge amount to choose from.
We were a party of 6 travelling for 2 weeks through Malaysia and Thailand. A family of 2 Adults, 2 Children a Grandmother and a Friend. We booked accomodation in Kuala Lumpur with Agoda and both times had issues with getting what we booked. At the Renaissance, we booked months in advance and purchased 3 superior king / twin rooms with buffet breaky.
I emailed them and explained our travelling situation and requested 3 rooms close together with King beds. When we arrived we got 3 twin rooms, on the same floor but miles away from each another, after having a few words with the reception they finally agreed to change one of our rooms to a King and the room was located directly across from one of the initial rooms we also occupied, so they could have given this to us to start with.
Our Agoda reservation paperwork clearly stated Breakfast Included, but they initailly refused to honour this. After debating the situation for a good 15 minutes, and having them tell me to take it up with our travel company, Agoda, I finally requested to speak with the food and beverage manager
and they finally said it was ok for us to have breakfast.
We were offered an upgrade but unfortunately this was offered on the morning of the day we were departing! Our flight left late in the evening so we all moved into 1 room and asked for a late checkout on this 1 room. They said it was ok but charged us a 1/2 night at the standard room rate for the hotel not even on what we paid through agoda! Considering all the issues we had, and that they offered us a room upgrade that we couldn't use, you would think that they might have let us stay in that 1 room for no charge. The room itself, the curtains were dirty and had cigarette holes in them, contrary to us having a NON smoking room and signs in the room saying there was a fine for being caught smoking in the rooms. The bathroom was full of mould! Bed and linen was confortable and clean though which was nice.
Try the Ciccio Italian restaurant! OMG, so cheap and amazing quality food!!
United States of America,
September 29, 2011
Not a 5 star hotel! - Do not recommend
Long reception lines; staff is not helpful; confusing hotel layout. Looks like a deal for the money, but it is not. Very expensive bar; spent 100 USD and was there for less than 2 hours with my Wife only.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
- 3 Days Vacation -
- 5s hotel with poor services, low value for money - low value for money. the swimming pool and the food are outs
- A few problems left a bad taste - This hotel came with quite a few problems. First off they ha
- A great hotel, walking distance of KL Twin Towers - This is one of the best hotels in Kuala Lumpur. The staff ar
- A Very Nice Hotel - I enjoyed very much in using the swimming pool with relax at
- Awesome view of the Twins Tower - was here with my girlfriend for 2 nights and absolutely love
- Bad room, nice staff - The hotel made a mistake during check-in. The staff gave the
- beautiful hotel ,great staff - great location,wonderful facilities,great staff,fantastic po
- Beautiful hotel - Good place to stay and very clean place. good people around
- Beautiful hotel - the hotel is a beauty, the service is outstanding, the break
- Beautiful hotel-great location - the hotel was clean, fresh, and the staff fantastic, polite
- Big Rooms - Very nice hotel, good location and close to the shopping dis
- Breathtaking view of Petronas tower. - we were placed on the 20th floor of wing facing Petronas and
- Brilliant hotel right near KLCC - We were looking for a hotel near KLCC. We found this hotel
- Cheap 5* - For a tourist I doubt you could find a better hotel, perfect
- Chill out trip - I stayed there for 7 nights and enjoyed my time there. The s
- Classy and professional - Lovely rooms with the emphasis on quality. The bed is one of
- Cool Hotel in a Hot City - The Renaissance, Kuala Lumpur is a fine modern hotel locate
- Decent Hotel but be cautious !!!! - Decent Hotel and good deal although they usually forget abou
- Excellent customer service and attention to detail - We found the service by staff excellent and staff appeared g
- Excellent hotel and service with smile - when we were back from the street and tired, the concierge o
- Excellent location - prime location, 5 min from petronas tower, 5 min from the su
- Excellent Service - very good consierge service, and service atfront desk. beaut
- fantastic hotel:) - really i found that hotel (renaissance kuala lumpur hotel)
- Good food but bad service - breakfast is fantastic. Room is too old. Receiption didn't a
- good hotel and service is good - one night is good and do not have much time to see around th
- Good Hotel which provides value for money - the hotel is always a good choice for people who want to sta
- good hotel with lovely view of the klcc towers - the hotel is at walking distance from the klcc towers. i had
- Good hotel - it was nice stay. some issues in the room are
1. They shou
- Good Hotel - we stayed in the older wing. the room looked tired and initi
- Good Location & easy to get around - Location was good and central to most places in KL.
- Good Quality Hotel & Well Located - I stayed in Renaissance for 3 nights. The service was good a
- Good Rooms Good View - Stay in Renaissance was great.. , Kingbed room with Twin to
- Good Valua for Money and Staff are very helpfull - Been to this hotel many years ago and they have maintained t
- grand hotel with style - excellant hotel & experiance - loved it here, non smoking -
- Grea hotel, very good location - I stayed for 3 nights for a busines trip.I enjoyed my stay a
- Great Hotel - Excellent Service - this hotel is a real gem, located right in the centre of kl,
- Great Hotel and lovely place - would love to stay there again. a very nice and comfortable
- Great hotel and service with a smile - Full Marks! - We stayed with family for 3 nights from Nov.30, 2012 to Dece
- Great hotel in a great location - This is my third stay at the renaissance and again it has be
- Great hotel with a fantastic outdoor swimming pool - Excellent hotel with really good location especially for vis
- Great hotel, but not ideal for families - We arrive late at night with two tired kids (6 and 8) and th
- Great hotel, Good location - The hotel was well appointed, in a good location and the buf
- Great hotel, great location. - the hotel rooms were nicely appointed and very comfortable.
- Great hotel,perfect location,good service - Stayed at this hotel with my Mom for 3 nights. At first this
- Great hotel - Liked the room with its huge space. The bath tub was a bit o
- Great Hotel - the overall stay was awesome. love their room and bathroom (
- Great Location & Good Sized Rooms - Stayed downtown KL to watch the New Year in. Stayed in the W
- great location and a lovely stay - my children really love it because of the swimming pool. the
- Great location and pool - Good hotel, nice room etc but no Internet in the rooms upsta
- Great location but insufficient business facts - it was 2over 3days to stay at renaissance hotel , generally
- great location but the rooms are getting old... - i had an overall good experience at the Renaissance. the loc
- Great location with clean rooms - a very nice and comfortable hotel that has clean rooms and g
- Great location, big rooms, no charm - good standard, professional. deserves its star but nothing p
- Great location, good ambience - Was given a free upgrade to lifestyle floor due to leaking c
- Great location, great facilities, great Hotel! - A beautiful hotel with excellent staff located right in the
- Great Location, Large Rooms - Super stay in a wonderful city, a must for travelers in Asia
- Great Location - good hotel, nice bedroom with nice view to twin tower.
- Great location - We stayed in the hotel for the New yr's eve. Everything was
- great staff excellent location - Thoroughly enjoyed our short time here , will definitely be
- Great stay to end a 21 day trip - The staff are excellent, the rooms could do with additional
- great stay -
- Great Stay - We stayed here for a couple of nights on our way to further
- Great value - It was a nice stay for us, we really enjoyed the location, t
- Great View of the majestic "PETRONAS TOWER" -
- grerat hotel nice food and pool area - we had a great stay here staff where very helpful and couldn
- Hoh - Stay 3 nights. Pleasant experience. Room with view to the tw
- Holiday - We enjoyed our stay at the hotel very much. The room we had,
- hotel - stay was good. room was very spacious and clean. the swimmin
- Huge business class hotel - it is a huge business class hotel, right in the middle of th
- Ideal location, great rooms and great service - Renaissance Hotel is well situated for the traveller, ideall
- it is really a nice big property - it was nice big room with big toilet. nice property overall.
- just so so, not a good 5 star - room 1018,wardrobe is old,ac make noise. katter top is loose
- Large hotel, great location and pool - We arrived late at night and were taken to room, broken tv,
- Large luxury hotel nearPetronas Towers - Really enjoyed being so near the Petronas Towers. KLCC has
- Lovely hotel and great location - I always enjoy staying at the Renaissance and will always co
- Lovely hotel but Dull Rooms - hotel is beautiful , but room was very dull.
first we assig
- Lovely Hotel for Family Escapade - i insist in staying at renaissance hotel whenever i visited
- Lovely hotel with staff attentive to our needs - We arrived at 0400 hours after twelve hours of trevelling.
- Lovely hotel, brilliant location - Loved Kuala Lumpur, people were so friendly.
The hotel was
- Lovely hotel - Check in was terrible, took 1.5 hrs. We booked with agoda, 3
- lovely hotel - hotel has all the amenities and has very good location. food
- Lovely swimming pool - Lovely swimming pool , very good breakfast , good location b
- Majestic and comfortable - all good, pool great but air con in room very noisy rattle a
- Memorable Stay at Renaissance, Hotel Kuala Lumpur - warm well come by the smiling staff. our room was upgraded b
- Nice but Transparent - First of all, i try to book the superior room from agoda. wh
- Nice hotel and good service - Pleasant overall stay. But I find the location a bit too qui
- Nice Hotel great breakfast - Nice hotel, dated bathroom, good hot water with good pressur
- nice hotel with great view - the hotel is ideally located just 5 m walk from the tween to
- Nice hotel -
- nice location nice hotel - my previous review was based on my first booking which was a
- Nice n neat room... - It was a great stay although it's a short period of time.
- Nice short stay - Two night staying here is not enough. The hotel is simply su
- not good enough - i know there are many land in malaysia, i believe there are
- Not impressed - I will start by saying that the location is great. The rooms
- NOT MEETING EXPECTATION @ 5 STAR HOTEL - I chose to stay @ Renaissance Hotel KL due to its strategic
- OK but could be better - Overall it was an ok stay but nothing spectacular. I have st
- OK hotel but a bit expensive - We actually left a day earlier than planned.
- Perfect location and a pleasure to stay - from start to finish our stay was fantastic. for the last ni
- Petronas Views - We were on the 18th floor of the east wing and on opening th