Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (467)
February 04, 2012
The outer look of the hotel does not show that this is a 5 stars hotel. Their hospitality service is excellent. The facility in the room is superb especially the electronize remote control that controls the entire lights in the room. The location is very strategic as it is close by to all the shops.
Sarawak Museum is just next to the Hotel.
February 04, 2012
Nice room, nice environment,great location near to the waterfront
February 03, 2012
great location and good service
services at the front door was wonderful and courteous
could not get wifi to the room. asked for the plug but was not available.
February 03, 2012
Lovely hotel but needs some talc
really nice hotel but seemed very quiet, not sure if it was because the chinese new year celebrations were coming to an end, a nice relaxing venue.
original room that was provided was way below expectations nd we got moved although at extra cost.
as with a lot of hotels in malaysia i'll fitting windows which you couldn't open and this allowed us to experience night traffic which was a bit of an inconvenience.
difficult to avail of internet facilities , and be wary of wet tiling around pool area, even though there are notices displayed.
Be cautious of the Ferrymen when crossing over to other side as we had a problem trying to get back as the ferryman wanted 10 ringette when the fare advertised was only 80 sen seemed to be a bit of a lottery but we did get back eventually, and it was only about 4pm.
Whatever your interests do Bako National Park you will not be disappointed.
Families with young children
January 27, 2012
Great location but small rooms
the room too small and the cleanliness have to do some more hard work on it, staffs are very friendly. easy to get foods cos jus behind the hotel only. good for transit but not for family pleasure. can say its value for money. will stay there again if for transit only.
just behind the hotel got lots of food u can enjoy
Families with older children
January 26, 2012
Great ambience, excellent food, courteous staff
great location close to cbd yet not too close.
we had known merdeka palace as a conference venue during our stay in kuching (2 years, from 2000 to 2002). we were impressed then, and are happy to have chosen it for this holiday.
1. the location is great - it is just a little away from the "city centre", yet close to enough to walk down to most shopping in the city centre. the riverfront is just 5 minutes, and the other end of the riverfront with the malls is just another 5 to 8 minutes. moreover, walking along the riverfront is addicting, best enjoyed.
2. the ambience is great. spacious reception area tastefully decorated and lit.
3. the restaurants are very good. aurora court is regular malaysian, and we were pleasantly surprised to visit the italian restaurant.
4. the staff, without exception, is very courteous and helpful, alert to the guest's needs and very prompt.
5. we were in an apartment with two bedrooms. the getup of the apartment could do with a little polish, but it was clean and well-maintained. the absence of cooking utensils in the kitchen was a bit of a surprise, but in malaysia, who wants to cook on a holiday? :-)
to sum up, we would most certainly stay here again, and would recommend this hotel. i must add that booking through agoda gave us a great deal! my 5 points for "value for money" are based on this. also, my 5 points for location are based on our enjoying the nostalgic walk to the riverfront.
In Asian food (a la carte, make sure you mention the degree of your chilli tolerance! Malaysian food can be hot. Also, if you are not used to the food style, be aware that shrimp paste or anchovies can be added to many dishes! I love the food, having lived in Malaysia in the past.
January 25, 2012
Nice hotel and great location
Clean hotel and good customer service
Took the deluxe room with a nice view of the city. Room is nice and clean.
January 24, 2012
Big and old Hotel with unfriendly staff.
nothing just very quite only perhap not many guest
well below expectation especially on friendliness of the staff particularly on the girl taking care on the gym. I strongly don't recommend this hotel to any traveler.
January 23, 2012
5 Star Hotel With 3 Star Facilities
Situtated right in front Padang Merdeka
Booked 2 unit of 2 bedroom apartment for family.
Checked in around 1pm, the receptionist saying my record is not in the system, i was abit shocked!
Anyway, they let me check in after 10 minutes waiting in front of the reception desk. Guess what, i can't even feel any air-cond in a 5 star hotel`s lobby!
Found something interesting, Apartment equip with fridge but apartment doesn't have any.
Again, both apartment`s air-condition is not cold enough.
Beside, the lift is old, the furniture is old, with kind of odor which is very irritated during our stay in the apartment. Isn't the 5 star hotel nowadays should equip with LCD TV? No, they're still using an old TV in the sitting area, how dissapointing.
The sarawak museum is just a minute away from the hotel.
January 18, 2012
Service are fast with lovely smile
really comfortable, and strategic place because main on city center. shopping complex and historic place is all walking distance. a great service provided by the staff with lovely smile, and very fast service provided. the facilities is nice and well controlled.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Merdeka Palace Hotel & Suites, Kuching
- A historical hotel for malaysian citizen - we went to kuching, sarawak to send off our son for universi
- A very nice hotel to stay in. convenient and value -
- Antic and historical hotel with a smile - We checked in late as we took an evening flight. The concier
- best and cheaper hotel - the worker is nice, full of smile~ room is clean, food is ni
- close to sarawak muzuem - room is clean and comfort. the hotel is quite and suitable f
- Comfortable old style hotel - The hotel was very conveniently located and within walking d
- Enjoy the stay here so much - even tough the furniture in the room in not very up to date,
- Good hotel but room lack of maintanance - Hotel room very small and just beside car park, very noisy.
- Good Location - Helpful staff with getting around and travelling with elderl
- Good service, good housekeeping. - security was good in the hotel and also parking.
- good value for money - i booked the cheapest room on offer and i was given a room o
- Great location and big rom - as usual is a great location and the food there was nice, th
- Great Location but room unsatisfactory - Great location but the room unsatisfactory and the room very
- Great location but service so so - location, friendliness, cleanness, rooms, view
- great location right smack in city centre - The room is decent. Service is commendable. Food is excellen
- Great location - beautiful lobby. located near padang merdeka of kuching. lot
- Hotel Ok only -
- it's was great hotel and entertainment - 2 bedroom apartment was wonderfull room for us do discussion
- like a place - I travelled to the Merdeka Palace Hotel for business purpose
- Lovely hotel . The living room is big - Is a good hotel, all the staff very flexible to guest.
- Lovely hotel and efficient check in and out - the room rates are value for money.the is comfortable with
- lovely hotel but....... - lovely hotel but...
1. room needs maintenance - dirty walls
- Lovely hotel, Room nicely decor and spacious - the hotel is located at a strategy location in the centre of
- nice and relaxing time in a good city hotel - the stay was so good that i can come back, nothing to compla
- nice hotel in Kuchimg - one of the better hotels in kuching facing the open green fi
- Ok for a night over, but hotel needs refurbishment - It was comfortable and clean, ok for a short stay but would
- Old hotel but still has a nice atmosphere about it - The hotel seriously needs to be updated as it is very old an
- Peaceful Hotel - The outer look of the hotel does not show that this is a 5 s
- Quiet and lovely services - Nice location. Not too far from the riverside and the city c
- Small room - Friendly staff
Very nice pub for drinking and bring custome
- Very good but a bit expensive - I travelled to Kuching with my husband and 4 young kids. We
- Well maintained Hotel - Book a suite with 3 rooms and was very happy with the unit.