Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2000)
Families with older children
November 13, 2012
Lovely resort but poor service
Given a back first impression due to late check in. Waited for 1 and half hours only to be told to wait at the lounge with no one attending us. Apparently there is some problem with the rooms but were never told the whole story. Should just be honest with us about it. The good part though is we get an upgrade to sea view rooms. The rooms are nice, well maintained but far from the main lobby. Was told we can called the shuttle to transport us to anyway within the resort which is very big but the shuttle never came. Overall the stay was nice mainly because of the nice, big resort and its facilities, not the hospitality.
Families with young children
November 13, 2012
Great hotel but poor service
Pool is very good for children, beach was wide and long
As an overall, the hotel looks impressive. The rooms were spacious and well equipped. There are 2 pools, the one nearer the lobby being the newer one. It has a dinasaur themed childrens' play area that my kids really enjoyed. On the whole I would say the hotel and its facilities are beffiting its 5-star status.
However, I must say the service was poor, in particular the buggy service. Because of the way the rooms are laid out, you can be located a fair distance from the lobby. Which is fine if you enjoy walking, but on the days when it rained, the walkway to the lobby gets flooded and you would have to trudge through muddy waters to get to the lobby.
There are only 3 buggies to serve the entire hotel, and when the hotel is fully booked, compounded by when it rains, 3 buggies is not anywhere near enough. Also, becuase the buggies run on electricity, one or more of them is being charged at any one time.
The staff who drove the buggies did not seem to have any sense of urgency even when they are aware of how many guests were waiting to be picked up. Neither did they show any consideration when they see guests trudging through muddy waters. There were occasions when we tried to stop a passing buggy on the way to the lobby but the driver did not even acknowledge us and made no effort to stop.
Service was also poor at the restaurant. Both times when I had my breakfast at the hotel restaurant, nobody came to offer tea or coffee, I had to ask multiple times before I got my coffee.
Also, the carpark is adistance from the lobby. It is a bit of a walk to get to your car.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Opt for a room nearer the lobby.
November 12, 2012
The building architecture
It's a beautiful hotel, very comfortable and it's a great place for a romantic getaway.
November 06, 2012
wide sandy beaches await
nice gardens and good selection at breakfast
Resort still undergoing renovations.
Poor coordination at check in.
Pillows too soft. Fan in room made noise when in motion.
Alarm clock also missing.
Rude Korean guests did not add to the ambience.
Leisure centre needs a bad repair job.
On the flip side...huge room. nice view. request for block 9 or 11. good sea views.
Located next to casa del mar.
ringgit to hotel from airport.
ringgit to cable car. skybridge under repairs till next year or later.
hire a cab , minimum 4 hours, for ringgit per day for own sightseeing or rent a car.
20 minutes walk to underworld and Zon duty free and Mcdonalds.
15 minutes walk to Cenang Mall with a pharmacy, a bake shop, a jap food restaurant, Starbucks and Old Town White Coffee.
Along the way,good eats can be had at putumayo, orchik raya, yellow cafe. Lots of shops selling souvenirs.
November 05, 2012
good location .. lovely staff .. good breakfast
it was the most beautiful days in my life in this hotle. i liked every thing in there starting form the room it self to all facilities in this hotel.
November 02, 2012
Spacious Malay houses and nice staff
Helpful staffs and very close to the beach!
Nice hotel in good location, very close to the beach and local shops. Rooms are in Malaysian style houses and are spacious. Breakfast is ok, and the free soft-drinks in the fridge is a nice touch.
Housekeeping staff are very helpful and have made my friend's birthday very special! Really appreciated with your services!
The new swimming is still under construction during our stay but it looks like it would be completed in the next couple of days. Wifi is unstable and is not available in the room on the second day of my stay.
Families with young children
October 30, 2012
Bats in the room!!!!
Polite staffs around the hotel
We booked this hotel for 3 nights and was hoping for a a four star experience which my wife felt that the service is just average. The most horrible part is that there are bats , cockroaches and lizards in the newly renovated rooms. I can't say much about this hotel as I got a very " different" experience especially witht the bats ......
October 30, 2012
Great location on beach
Friendly staff, beach front location, close to many restuarants
when we arrived, our room overlooked the pool, but was an old room. we had to walk a couple of hundred metres to the reception,& dining areas past hoarding. getting access to the beach from our room was almost impossible.i had previously emailed the resort & asked about the extent of the renovations, to be told they were "minor". after complaining we we shifted to a refurbished ocean view room, by a very helpful duty manager. from here on we had a very enjoyable stay. unfortunately for us, the horizons pool & bbq sunset bar were due to reopen the week after we left.
we would recommend this hotel, but make sure you are in one of the refurbished rooms.
Families with young children
October 29, 2012
lovely place ideal for family
great spread of buffest breakfast
Overall the stay was pleasant. The service was resonably fast, check in was hassle free. The General Manager (forgot his name but a German gentleman) is ever so humble and always with a smile on his face. Needless to say are equally friendly and pleasant and speak reasonably well English.
We loved the buffet breakfast, the highlight of the day, good food and good seating arrangement coupled with sunshine, just ideal for family bonding .
If they could greatly improve the kids play room by having age appropriate toys and activities and more readable books and qualified personalle to manage , that will greatly be appreciated by family with young kids.
Go to the town (Kuah) for seafood, nicer and more reasonably priced.
October 29, 2012
A great place to relax, enjoying walking along the clean long beach and the sunset. Nice and clean hotel room, good breakfast, the staff are friendly and helpful. However, our hotel room is a bit far away from the lobby, but not much problem because the hotel provides buggy service. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi
- a heaven - this is the best hotel that i ever stayed.. the beach are ve
- a nice place - Generally speaking, it is a very nice place to live in. We n
- All in all Good - starting with the good. the location of the hotel is really
- Amazing resort, wonderful location - we were amazed by our room, which was fantastic, roomy, comf
- Astonishing beach - It was my second time at the meritus pelangi & it confirmed
- Beautiful All round. - This is a beautiful resort I can not fault the resort other
- Beautiful Beach resort - Lovely location right on the beach. Quiet on arrival, led to
- Beautiful Hotel - Perfect location - we got a wonderful room right next to the pool, with a balco
- Beautiful hotel beside a lovely beach - I and my girlfriend spent a lovely trip with Meritus Pelangi
- Beautiful Hotel with very friendly staff - beautiful villas with very warm and friendly staff, very lar
- Beautiful place with great staff! - I spent 3 nights at the resort with my husband and since it
- Can enjoy!! - Sea view is very nice and you will forget your time spending
- Comfortable & relaxing - I felt like want to stay longer because of the environment w
- Comfortable resort style accommodation -
- Disappointing hotel - 3* possibly, never 5* - We booked 8 nights in the Meritus Club expecting a lovely be
- excellent hotel. Service isalso good - i stayed for about 3 nights. Enjoyed the location of the hot
- Excellent Hotel - lovely service. excellemt service.great location... truly my
- Fantastic hotel and great service - first time in malaysia and we loved it. the resort worked fi
- Fantastic Location - i booked a pool terrace room but was upgraded to a sea view.
- Fantastic Resort - We loved our stay at Meritus Pelangi Resort. Our stay of 4 n
- freesh air,nice view and location -
- Friendly staff, clean and spacious room - Perfect! I'm impressed by their service standard. Staff were
- Good choice in Langkawi - We had friends staying at another resort on Langkawi and our
- Good Hotel - pros :
large room : the room we got was very large and all
- good location and service, food below average thou - the services staff were all very friendly and helpful.. loca
- Good location, but high price. - location is very good, nice service, provide free wifi. But
- Good location, nice gardens but very expensive - The location of the hotel was excellent at the far end of th
- Good service and near the beach - The staff was very friendly and helpful. Located about 10 mi
- Gorgeous hotel if you get the right rooms - sweet hotel. my room was large and comfortable although air
- great beach location, large rooms, good food. - we are expats living in malaysia, so langkawi was a 1 hour f
- Great beach, excellent services but old rooms - The resort is very well-planned with beautiful landscaping,
- Great break at Marritus - Very good location with excellent facilities, very relaxing
- Great Customer Service but Beware of Renovations - hotel staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our si
- Great for families with kids - Overall it's a great place to stay either with a family or o
- Great hotel but not value for money - This is a wonderful resort, on the beach and close to the lo
- great hotel with excellent service - we had a wonderful time staying at this hotel and would reco
- Great hotel with excellent surrounding & staffs! - stayed for 3 nights from 16th Nov. check in was super smooth
- Great Hotel with spacious rooms and facilities - Food prices a bit steep. Every morning, breakfast spread is
- great hotel, great location, great service - this is a real nice hotel in a great location. service was g
- Great hotel, great staff - Had a wonderfull stay here. Everytime we are in Malaysia, we
- Great hotels but 3 star bathtub,bathrooms - We had great experience in Meritus,nice pool plenty of food
- Great location and beautiful landscape - Basically a good location with plenty of good food around th
- Great location and good buffet breakfast - we had a great time at the resort, the staff were very helpf
- great location and rooms not bad - when I enter the room , I felt uncomfortable, so old and sma
- Great location close to the airport - Being a frequent tourist to Langkawi, this was the first tim
- Great Location in front of Cenang Beach - Large part of the resort is undergoing renovation at the mom
- Great location with a smile - good location with nice balcony but the room needs refurbish
- Great Location, Great Room, Beautiful Beach - we stayed at the corner lot of beach front chalet, superb vi
- Great location, needs refurb - the resort is currently undergoing a much needed rennovaton.
- Great location, nice rooms, easily accesible - stayed at a pool side room this time, much better view and c
- Great location - Rooms very nice and big.Free Wifi was not provided.The resor
- Great location - the service could have been better. disappointed with the de
- Great Location - Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, but for what you pay the r
- Great location - we like the room with one king-sized bed + one single bed. f
- Great place with kids - after a long haul flight to langkawi, it was wonderful to re
- Great service and friendly staff. - Nice location and within walking distance to other restauran
- Great service but poor facility - hotel staff are friendly, however there is a need to improve
- Great services but poor bathroom maintenance - i did not get my booked room as the room is under renovation
- Hotel near airport - we flew in to langkawi on a night flight. Upon checking in a
- Hotel with a Smile - we upgraded to a ocean view when we first arrived. the staf
- Hotel with lovely location, but old rooms - Enjoyable stay with my family which, but was let down by the
- its an ok hotel probably wouldnt stay there again - I was a bit apprehensive about staying here after reading th
- Just fantastc - This resort was great. Rooms are excellent. It is quite expe
- large hotel, pretty - room was a bit far form the lobby but the staff was good abo
- Left me confused ! - ~ Checked-in smooth in four rooms on 23/04 for 3 nights.
- Location...Location - definitely recommend it
- Long quietly beach. Good service. Big rooms. - I recommend to take beach view room. All facilities are good
- Love every moment at Meritus Pelangi ;P - Love every moment during our stay at Meritus Pelangi. From t
- Loved this hotel! - If we should return to Langkawi, we would definitely stay he
- Lovely and cozy Resort.... - the meritus spa is a very nice and cozy hotel. only 8 minute
- lovely front desk service - good service from front desk team, nice big pool but a shame
- Lovely hotel and service was superb - My family and I had the most wonderful experience staying at
- Lovely hotel & great location - we booked 3 rooms that was facing the pool for 4 nights. the
- Lovely hotel and best staff - good hotel and poor room
- lovely hotel and great staff - We stayed at this hotel for 5 days, it had two great sized p
- lovely hotel and service excellent - very nice defintely nice place to stay.recommended for allve
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - i stay in Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa hotel for three
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - pleased stay, its good for relaxing and doing water activity
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - the hotel was beautiful - and the location of the hotel dmil
- lovely hotel and service with a smile - upon arrival we were welcomed with a complimentary drink whi
- Lovely hotel with fanstastic service - the rooms are large. the facilites are vast. the staff are e
- Lovely hotel with good location - my family had a five-day trip in langawi from 14dec to 19dec
- Lovely hotel with good service and nice room - the hotel has a very good location, very nice, clean and qui
- Lovely hotel with very friendly service - Stay was great.
- Lovely Hotel, Good Service and Great location - The hotel room very nice and clean. Food is good. My young c
- Lovely hotel, respectable staff, good breakfast. - Was a short stay but managed to enjoy a walk through the gar
- Lovely Location but rooms run down - Hotel is located in Pantai cenang, within walking distance t
- Lovely resort but poor service - Given a back first impression due to late check in. Waited f
- Lovely resort for rest and relax - I spent 3 nights in this hotel. it was an awesome experience
- Lovely resort - we loved our stay at the meritus pelangi beach resort & spa.
- Lovely Romantic Hotel - hotel stay were all very friendly and the chef's are excelle
- lovely - We had a really nice stay.
- Lux et calm - Lovely holiday. We arrived early (at 10:00am)and in spite of
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort - review - Very nice hotel at fine location in Pantai Cenang.
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, -
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa - If you go this hotel with your children, please remember to
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort and Spa - I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this resort. It was a beaut
- meritus pelangi - Overall it was a great experience staying at the Meritus Pel
- Need renovating - This hotel would have been excellant 10 years ago. Everythi