Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Formerly : Langkawi Village Resort
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (911)
September 23, 2011
Good hotel and good location
Nice grounds, friendly staff and good location
the room was a bungalow that was a good size room. very clean and no insects in the room. it had a fridge and a tv with a good choices of channels. clean bathroom with a large sized external shower. well maintained grounds that makes the hotel very pleasant to stay in. well located not too far to walk to the local shops and restaurants.
Try the Sun Cafe, friendly staff with excellent Satay and Rendang dishes.
September 23, 2011
resort with beach, proximity to town
Stayed for two nights in mid September.Had booked the standard room with breakfast. The reception staff were friendly, helpful and gave us the room we requested. Overall, a great place to stay since its walking from the town.
September 19, 2011
Perfect Location, lovely staff, great service
Location; Smiling happy and helpful staff, on time room service.
We stayed at the Frangipani for 2 nights, and it gave us just the perfect start of our times in Langkawi. The rooms available included beachfront, but we took standard as it was a bit less expensive than the beachfront rooms. The staff is ever smiling, always ready to provide the best of their service. When we wanted to to take few tours around Langkawi, the hotel readily provided us with transport to the agent from where we took the tours. The rooms were cleaned on time. The location is just brilliant, a private beach available all to yourself with spectacular views, away from the hustle bustle of the tourists in the busier cenang beach. The only problem we faced was that we could hear noise from the adjacent room, and we were sure they could hear us. If you are planning on a honeymoon, standard rooms are not suggested, but individual independant villas, without any rooms adjoining yours to let you have a peaceful stay.
The hotel doesnt offer much in terms of nightlife. Make sure you visit Little Lylia's which is at Pentai Cenang - located on the beach front it has access from the main road too, there is a live band that plays real good rock each night, and the staff and the band members are ever smiling and happy to serve you, come and have a friendly talk with you. The food and drinks are not so expensive too. The place is open till 2 AM. Also visit Babylon, just a few meters ahead of Little Lylia's. They play some real good Reggae, with a heavy mix of the local music scene. Absolutely chilled out place. Another place you could head to is Sunba - its on Pentai Tengah - open till 4 AM. They have a live band dishing out the latest mixes, and at 2AM they switch over to playing records. Lotsa crowd, and crazy people, doing crazy things.
September 19, 2011
Superb location with a private beach
Private beach, not too crowded
the resort is very well maintained.
it has two great pools and it's own private beach.
rooms are nice and warm.
pretty close to the airport and the cable car and underwater world
wifi is only available at the restaurant.
Do the cable car when the day is clear
Also I would recommend the mangrove our
September 18, 2011
great location but the breakfast could be bether
very nice beach and poolsides and also lovely staff.
The hotelrooms are very nice and clean. The pool ist very nice and on a good spot. The hotel is quiet and clean. The Restaurant in the resort should be bether, so that you can stay at dinner in the resort. There are outside good Restaurants but we like sometimes to stay in the resorts. The staff is very helpfull and nice.
Hotel Feature Tip:
because the Hotel is nice and clean. Your quick with a taxi in town or the Restaurants, were you can eat more or less good food.
September 18, 2011
Great service and a relaxing stay
Clean beach, the salt pool is great, delicious breakfast. and friendly and helpful staff
this is the only hotel i have ever stayed for more than 3 times. i could not remember how many times exactly. however, we got a free upgrade from beach villa to royale suite in this trip.
the staff is great with smiles, and the breakfast is simple but it is one of the best.
great view from the suite's balcony. a good place for family and romantic travelers. the matahari cafe got a good view of the beach, islands, and sunset.
beach is very near to chalets within walking distance; and very close to our suite is the salt pool.
my girlfriend feels like we were in honeymoon :)
The Cliff, a cozy restaurant on the seashore. A good sunset and sea view and the food is delicious. A romantic place to dine in. It is located beside the Underwater World complex, walk straight ahead along the road beside Underwater World and you will discover this gem.
September 18, 2011
Nice hotel with good customer service
Easy access to beach, less crowded
We first arrived to Frangipani after our 2 nights stay at the Andaman. Obviously our expectations needed to be adjusted quite quickly. I find that Frangipani is a down to earth homely hotel. The customer service was great and we also met with some managers who were passionate about their jobs and love the guests at frangipani. One of them were attentive to notice the slight injury on my arm and offered to clean the wound.
The next thing that I am very happy about is the easy access to beach and that the beach is well maintained. I also like that there were so many greeneries and trees around the resort. That is very refreshing and had a lovely kampung feel. The sunset view from outside our room was just perfect and on a good weather you get to enjoy a beautiful subset by the beach in the evening.
September 14, 2011
simple yet charming hotel
beach loacation, breakfast, good service
the hotel is well situated offering a very good beach. Service is excellent and staff are friendly. Hotel offers a variety of dishes for breakfast and quality food. Only downfall is that the surrounding restaurants and shops take advantage of the remote location by charging extortionate prices.
September 12, 2011
Nice place to stay, Great location
The settings on the beach and the facilities around
the beach, water sports, nice food, shopping all at walking distance. perfect holiday and nice staff.
i would recommend the place for a nice stay.
Indian Rest - SAGAR is good when compared to PAPADUM RIA
September 11, 2011
Very beautiful beaches, swimming pool, spacious room
Hotel Feature Tip:
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa, Langkawi
- A nice place to start visiting Langkawi -
- awesome hotel with amazing service - It was a wonderful place to stay. I loved the room, the pool
- Beach Vacation with a real Sunset - Attentive staff. Average breakfast buffet. Very good choice
- Beautiful gardens and lovely rooms - Frangipani is a beautifully kept resort with both garden and
- Beautiful location and wonderful service. - We had a wonderful stay at the Frangipani Resort. We were tr
- Charming, clean, friendly hotel - i thought this hotel was a bit overpriced for the value, but
- comfortable hotel with friendly services - when u open your room's door, you may see the beautiful sea
- Comfortable villa with beach on doorstep. - Resort is about 15 mins in a taxi from airport so this was t
- commenable eco hotel with great beach and gardens - our stay at the frangipanni was throughly enjoyable and rela
- Excellent hotel staff, very helpful. - This was my third time staying there, the location is just n
- Excellent Stay - Great stay. Nice rooms. private beach. Lots of fun. A good s
- Frangapani in Langkawi - Awesome little/cosy villas. Yummy breakfast by the beach, re
- Frangipani Lazy Days - i would go back only if i have no other choice and if i get
- Friendly and courteous staff - From the time of our arrival at the hotel and througout our
- friendly service, quiet relaxing - Much better than staying at Pantai Cenang, and yet its very
- Good choice for family or couple - This is a nice hotel located directly on Pantai Tengah. The
- Good for a value - Overall good for value other than few weaknesses location wa
- Good hotel and good location - the room was a bungalow that was a good size room. very clea
- Great Romance dinner by beach -
- great and lovely locatoin - it was my best time through the trip on the beach rain perfe
- great hotel - really nice resort for couples. relaxing and romantic plus t
- Great hotel - Stayed in a garden villa and absolutely loved it! Have a pri
- great large comfortable rooms and very peaceful - Beautiful beachfront location. Very quiet and peaceful, gorg
- great location and near beach - frangipani langkawi resort is a great resort with the beach.
- Great Location but old-conditioned rooms - It is my second time here - the service can be improved, the
- Great location but room facilities is old. - hotel staff was quite friendly during our check in for our 3
- Great Location for honeymoon - We were welcomed with smile. Having welcome lemon drinks at
- Great location, but much to be improved - The hotel is an old hotel that has been established for year
- Great Location, Friendly Staff - The hotel is perfect if you want to relax and enjoy the beac
- Great location, good service - Location is nice - close to the shops, spas, restaurants. Be
- Great location, Great resort, Would recommend - rooms are clean, partial view, nice receptionists
- Great location: peaceful but close to the action! - an older style resort but excellent location. it was quiet a
- Great location - The hotel hote is in need of refurbishment but still is in a
- Great place and service! - We had a great stay at this place. Only things we would love
- greeny hotel - good transportation environment with a smile courteos drivin
- Like a garden by the sea - we stay here for 3nights, and i would say is a nice resort a
- Lovely beach location - beach location is lovely. pleasant and helpful staff. hote
- Lovely hotel great location, some maintenance need - Staff is frendly, kind and helpfull, good location, nice bea
- Lovely hotel great location - Had a great stay in a garden villa . big room great bathroon
- lovely hotel, but aging - location is ideal, close or not too far from anywhere and ca
- Lovely setting - the whole hotel is focussed on environmentally friendly ener
- Nice beach resort - we stayed in frangipani from 4-6 november 2011.booked 1 room
- nice beachfront, quiet - This was a nice beachfront hotel in a quiet location. I woul
- nice environment, but old rooms - the breakfeast is not so good, and old room decoration
- Nice hotel, average staff, poor beach front - When we arrived at the Frangipani Hotel, we had a smooth che
- nice hotel, great location but needs some tlc - we were a family with 2 young children and a set of grandpar
- nice quiet hotel - nice hotel and breakfast.but its quite far to town , not in
- Nice resort - We were staying there 3 nights, 1st two nights in deleux roo
- Nothing Special - For the price we paid this hotel was far below expectations.
- overprice and lack of proper facilities - this hotel needs major upgrading or refurbishment especially
- Relaxing getaway - It is on pantai tengah, the beach next to pantai cenang. A l
- Simply the best - A perfect stay, only wish we could have spent more time ther
- Simply Wonderful! - Love the outside shower, rooms spacious and the staff great
- The facilities were no good. - the live performance which was performed evry night from aro
- The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa - We had a very relaxing stay .. our room was lovely and the s
- Very beautiful resort with villas right at beach - We took this villa because it was right at the beach and qui
- Wet and windy! - It was difficult to rate the hotel because it was very wet a
- Wonderful hotel that is in a great location. - Stayed here for 4 nights. Great service right from the get-g