Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Malacca City Center
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (647)
Families with older children
June 08, 2012
Lovely room & excellent hotel staff
Appreciated the quality interiors & colonial ambience
This hotel is restored with excellent quality & I love the small snacks like nuts, sour prunes, cookies- all from the old period- that they leave around the hotel, for the guests to appreciate.
There's a traditional coffee shop aroung the corner that serves great local food
June 03, 2012
Extremely high-quality service
this wasn't our first stay, and we were right to stay again. the atmosphere is great, service exceptional, and value for money brilliant. i wopuld recommend this hotel to anyone.
June 01, 2012
Great historic hotel
cozy, well appointed rooms, very good service
i have been there quite a few times and still like the great atmosphere and lovely rooms. the staff is really friendly and helpful. food is also very good, though the breakfast could be improved. anyway, this hotel is and will be my favorite place to stay im malcca.
Families with young children
May 29, 2012
Excellent customer service
New hotel, peranakan style.
We checked in on a Sunday, which the hotel did not receive our booking detail on time, but despite telling the reception, Ivy, that we are staying for 2 nights, she failed to update in the hotel system, ended up we were locked out of our room after heavy shopping, had to go all the way back to the reception to rectify the 'problem'. The hotel does not have telephone at the lift lobby (which is far from the reception). There are alot of stairs and doors to go through before reaching your hotel room from the reception.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Good customer service, and the peranakan style makes u feel truly in Malacca. Not really recommended for family with kids staying long.
Families with older children
May 28, 2012
Great Hotel But Not Vegetarian-Friendly
Excellent customer service, luxurious bedding & very couteous staff
stayed overnight at the hotel with the initial impression of sleeping in the heritage premise but it was not the case. the rooms are located in the new block behind the heritage building, which was used to house the restaurant, bar, library and the lobby only. we were greeted by the friendly staff wherever we went in the hotel compound. service was prompt from check-in till check-out except at the mansion restaurant. i pre-ordered my vegetarian meals with the hotel but somehow when it's time for meal, the waiter & waitress did not seem to know how to handle my pre-order. apparently, the hotel did not have printed food menu for the vegetarians. dinner was still okay as the guest liaison officer was present to manage it for me. however, the breakfast was slow until the restaurant captain/manager appeared to take our order. the semi-buffet style breakfast was not impressive at all. very limited choices for big eaters. cooked/hot dishes were even pathetic. taste rather bland. however, they charged rm70 per pax which was rather overpriced.
i'd give compliments to the room cleanliness and decorations. comfy bed with fine touches such as bath salt sachet, luxurious bath tub and turn-down service were great! the day bed was another commendable feature of the room. the room came with more than 30 tv channels to choose from. i was given two conncting rooms which comprised a deluxe king with a twin bed configuration. however, the twin room was too near to the adjacent hospital building with some noise in the early morning.
hotel location is rather hidden by the hospital, especially the car park. we entered the hotel from the backyard most of the time. it's not so near to jonker street, the red house or a farmosa tourist spots. unless one travels by car, it's be a long walk in view of th busy traffic and narrow pedestrian walkways in malacca town.
generally, i think the hotel need to re-price its offering for room & food to be more competitive among the 5-star resorts.
The Kocik Restaurant near Jonker Walk served great nyonya food, espcially the Lemak Prawn, Otak-otak and Durian Cendol dessert. The owner Suzy Goh really recommended authentic nyonya food as well as prepared the vegetarian version for us. Thumbs up for Suzy!
May 20, 2012
excellent hotel, - wonderful staff
Lovely rooms - nice and big with both aircon and fans. but from the minute you arrive you are greeted by wonderful staff, a cold drink and then checked in. Once in room a welcome tea and cakes.
The staff were always there and if there is something they did not know they looked it up or rangt o find out - would definitely stay there again and highly recommend the hotel
Bert's Garden Seafood (Medan Ikan Bakar Batang Tiga) A bit out of town but friendly staff and great seafood. Worth the trip
May 19, 2012
A historical Peranakan boutique hotel
Historical and local features
The main lobby is housed in a 100 year old house, well maintained. Connected by a walkway and lift is a mutlistorey building with modern, well furnished rooms. The decor is tasteful and peranakan inspired-a mix of South East Asian and Western wood and marble decor.
As it's a boutique hotel, the facilities are minimal with a tiny pool and gym. The spa looked luxurious and touted a local spa treatment; was too costly for me.
A fun stay if you're not concerned about budget and like staying in more unique boutique hotels. About a 15 minute walking distance to the main Jonker stretch.
Buffet breakfast is great! Try the poached eggs.
There's a lovely privately run Peranakan museum in town which preserves the home of a multi-generational family. Guided tours are available. Within South East Asia it is not easy to gain access to a fully furnished Peranakan house so this is an excellent chance. The family still visits the family altar housed within.
The tours and descriptions could be more professional and well researched but it's definitely worth a visit for history and culture buffs.
May 12, 2012
Excellent staff in a brilliantly restored heritage hotel
May 10, 2012
Really nice hotel with excellent service
Welcoming staff - always service with a smile, convenient carpark
My husband and I enjoyed our stay. When the staff found out that we were there for my birthday, they went the extra mile to make it special - decorating our bed with roses forming the words "happy birthday to you" and they also gave me a small cake. That was really a nice touch. Breakfast was good with ample choices. Overall, hotel staff were always pleasant. Swimming pool is small though.
As you turn into the hotel carpark, on your left, there is a seafood restaurant where we had crabs cooked with evaporated milk. Nice. And opposite this seafood restaurant, there is a lane (durian stall outside) where we had good satay.
May 06, 2012
Lovely Hotel with excellent services staffs.
Great place to stay, but breakfast was a little disappointing.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Majestic Malacca Hotel, Malacca / Melaka
- Absolutely Fabulous - This was one of the best hotels I've stayed in during my tim
- Authentic experience with warm hospitality - great peranakan experience in chic modern comfort. our famil
- Awesome Place to stay - Wonderful place to rest and stay.
Staff are all great.
- Beautiful heritage hotel ! - A very beautiful Peranakan hotel, love the old tiles and bui
- Beautiful hotel and warm service - i booked this hotel for my parents, as a short escape from e
- Best hotel ever - My husband and I could not have been happier with our stay a
- Charming Hotel not so great surroundings - I booked this Hotel for my parents and they loved it. The Ho
- charming hotel, excellent VIP service - Everything about it was great,and my friends and I felt like
- Disappointed - The lift is always malfunction when going to multiple floors
- Fantastic and beautiful with super service - A very comfortable hotel partly in a historical building. Ho
- Fantastic hotel with a distinct peranakan flavour - we were greeted by a really nice welcome tea. room was reall
- First Class Hotel with very friendly staff - have stayed in majestic four times. alway made very welcomed
- Gem of a hotel marred only by construction noise - lovely boutique hotel with great staff- everyone very friend
- Good hotel but not the best - The hotel is kind of hidden in the city but it is definitely
- Great boutique hotel - My third time at this hotel. Food is excellent, though the
- great hotel , staff, location - we really had a wonderful historic walk around with the hot
- Great hotel and location. Everything is pefect. - Every is perfect except construction is going outside of the
- Great hotel, friendly staff and nice facilities - We had an amazing stay here: already planning our next trip!
- Great location but small rooms. - Have stayed in Majestic previously but stll do not consider
- Great place to stay with five star services - i stayed in majestic with my husband and 3 young kids. by th
- Great stay, with minor hitches - Majestic Hotel is considered a "boutique" hotel. However, it
- Heritage hotel in the middle of Melaka -
- Lovely Hotel but not very convenient location - The Hotel was very comfortable and restful but we found the
- Lovely hotel in the middle of town - right from driving up to the hotel car park, the staff were
- Lovely hotel with culture and history - this is our second time staying at the hotel. the service wa
- Lovely hotel with perankan style - booked two rooms to stay with my family. service is tops, a
- lovely hotel, great location - Being a top rated hotel, breakfast buffet is rather limited.
- Lovely Hotel - Hotel location is within a very short walking distance of mo
- Lovely Hotel - Nice concept with really clean rooms. Staff are really frien
- Lovely room & excellent hotel staff - This hotel is restored with excellent quality & I love the s
- Luxurious rooms and friendly staff - Hotel is realy nice in colonial style. The delux room is lov
- Most expensive in Town - this is my second time staying in majestic malacca.
it is c
- nice colonial hotel - It is a very special hotel, colonial, good condition. But it
- Nostalgic and Chic hotel - Another great stay at The Majestic with great service from t
- Old world charm, new world facilities - Room is inviting which makes one feel reluctant to leave it.
- Quaint, Lovely & Nostalgic - we travelled with our 3 year old & had a very lovely time at
- Stylish and friendly but lacking some features - As the hotel was aware we were on a romantic trip, they adde
- The Best in Malacca - Hotel staff are helpful and friendly. Surprisingly the front
- The Majestic Malacca - The Majestic Malacca is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed
- Very elegant hotel with colonial feel, nice rooms - The hotel looks impressive from the outside and is immaculat
- Very good hotel, location could be better. - Swimmingpool looks a lot bigger on the pictures. Friendly st
- Wonderful escape from the city - Conveniently located, yet away from the noise and messiness
- wonderful old world feel - Though not a great fan of Malacca, the hotel was a haven of
- Worthy Hotel - Have a great time with the hotel. Worth every penny spent an