Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
South Ari Atoll
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (608)
April 04, 2013
Snorkeling, scenery, and friendly staff.
A wonderful relaxing experience. The snorkeling on the house reef was spectacular, and was surpassed only by the swim with whale sharks excursion. The complimentary back massage at the spa was a surprise and a wonderfully relaxing experience. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout, especially Manik our waiter in the Ahima restaurant. Highly recommended, and we will be back.
March 28, 2013
One of, if not the best of our holidays
Food quality and selection superb. Staff efficient and friendly. Excellent beachfront rooms
First class from beginning to end. Staff from reception to restaurant to bars and room boys excellent. This must reflect well on management.
March 27, 2013
Amazing! It was better than we imagined.
Location, food and attentive staff.
Our stay was amazing. It was the best location we have experienced.
March 23, 2013
Snorkeling. Ocean. Nature.
March 23, 2013
This was our first time in the Maldives, and we went with Vilamendhoo based on comments on tripadvisor. It was great! The colour of the sea was absolutely stunning, and snorkelling around the island was just brilliant, with fishes everywhere. We went on the snorkelling excursion but the house reef supplied plenty enough wild life. There were no beach villas available so we stayed in a garden villa, and they were most impressive, and it was still close to the beach on both sides. We chose not to take the 'all inclusive' deal and we did save money, but I can see where it would be well worth while for some people. Found out on the last evening I could have bought a bottle of spirits during happy hour (30% off), consumed it whenever I liked, and still saved money. Worth looking at. The price of drinks is not cheap but a different $6 cocktail is available each day.The food was plentiful with excellent selections at all meals. Being able to sit outside, on the deck or sand, was most pleasant. Even though the resort was full, we didn't feel crowded at all and there were always chairs available. There was an adults only pool, but the pool that allows children was very quiet also. Saw one man sitting in the kiddies pool reading his book. Try and take an underwater camera and make sure you have the camera available for the float plane trip - awesome views. They offer ear plugs - Take a pack!! .
Families with young children
March 22, 2013
Great holiday and relax
Polite staff, tasty and various food, fish near the reef
Everything was very fine. I can't say anything bad about this resort.
The way from airport and back takes about 40 minutes.
On arrival we upgraded our Full Board to All Inclusive Plus for $58 per person per day. Our 3 year child wasn't charged for this upgrade.
One small shortcoming: I asked staff on the reception to send us back to Male as early as possible. I wanted to have 2-3 hours to walk around Male. But they didn't do it. We had only few minutes in Male for transit. But I asked about it only 2 days before our departure, maybe they didn't have opportunity for reservation Air taxi for us.
March 02, 2013
Amazing resort with incredible house reef
Sea, dive centre, facilities, service, cleanliness
This was my second stay at Vilhamendoo (I came last year for a week on my own) this time with my girlfriend.
The resort was simply perfect - could not have been better and we got a great deal on Agoda as always.
I will be back!
Families with older children
February 17, 2013
Spacious room with nice view
The room is nice and quite spacious. Staff are all very friendly. The only thing that we are not happy is the waiter in the hotel restaurant. They tend to be attentive to westerners rather than Asian tourists for the reason that we dont know.
United States of America,
February 16, 2013
Tropical island paradise away from it all
Take a seaplane to a private island
Overall amazing and attentive service. Overall I think it was pleasant and most things were included - kayaks, windsurf, snorkeling. Food was okay - dress code applies for meals though. I think this is amazing for divers as the beach isn't that amazing.
buy souvenirs in the male wholesale shop
February 13, 2013
Great island with an amazing house reef
Excellent dive shop with great staff
Vilamendhoo far exceeded our already extremely high expectations! There is so much to do on the island, ranging from water sports such as snorkeling, kayaking, windsurfing to a relaxing spa day with massages and drinks by the pool. Vilamendhoo's house reef is amazing and you should take every chance you can to snorkel or scuba dive around the island. We received our PADI open water certification at the resort and I have to say, the dive shop is one of the winning qualities of Vilamendhoo. Our instructor, Leila, was amazing.
One thing to be aware of is that they tend to overbook and try to get people to go on 1, 2 or even 3-night cruises to free up some rooms. During our stay, there was even an offer to stay at another resort for three nights. The good thing about these offers is that you will receive all-inclusive for the remainder of your stay free of charge. We were in a garden room for the first half of our stay, so we happily went on the cruise and had an amazing time. There were manta ray, sea turtle and whale shark snorkeling excursions, as well as nightfishing and a barbecue dinner on another island. However, most of these offers are for beach villas or above since those are the rooms in high demand.
The Ahima restaurant (for Jacuzzi beach villas and Jacuzzi water villas) does have more variety and seems to have better quality food as well. For Funama, you are assigned a table, whereas you can sit anywhere you please for Ahima. I will say that our server for Funama was not very friendly and put a damper on our experience a bit. They have an array of menus for the beach dinner and you can mix and match to create the perfect meal. We also dined at Hot Rocks one night, which was also delicious.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, Maldives Islands
- A Great Escape to the nature but short lived - it was a great place to revisit though we had no chance to e
- Above Expectations - A wonderful relaxing experience. The snorkeling on the house
- all over amazing - totally lived up to everything we hoped it would be!
- Amazing honeymoon - There is nothing bad to say. It is a paradise on earth.
- Amazing Location and Resort - Enjoyed our 3 day stay. Great food; we had the meals include
- awesome resort to relax and chill - i and my wife had a wonderful 7 days holiday at this resort.
- Awesome resort - this was the 2nd resort we stayed at during a 7 day honeymoo
- Beautiful place with great snorkeling - My husband and myself were on honeymoon to Maldives and we a
- beautiful place-recommended - we had an excellent stay at vilamendhoo.
management can imp
- Every thing is OK - Hotel environment is top-ranking, service also can be, Quali
- Far exceeded expectations, Simply Awesome! - Well my wife and myself is beyond happy. The resort made our
- Gorgeous beach - we stayed in the beach villa for one week. the private beach
- Great Hotel and island - It was a unforgetable holiday. Hotel, island, staff all wer
- Great House Reef - it was great, the house reef was really beautiful, and the b
- Great reef, average rooms - Took the airplane transfer and upon arrival at the lobby we
- Great value for money and nice beach/underwater - Overall satisfied with service quality and well organized cl
- Love this hotel, definitely recommend - this was the first trip to maldives/vilamendhoo for us, and
- magic! - a verry big water bungalow hut, luxuary and quiet! the ever
- Newly builtl just couple of years old, Good servic - The stay was perfect, the lack of activities in the evening
- Nice beach for snolking, good location - Room and restaurant were very good but staff performance not
- Nice island, good facilities, densely populated - The rooms were nice, clean and spacious . We had a beach bun
- Nice view with rich reef life surrounding - Have had a great stay in this hotel with friendly staffs, ni
- OMG excellent Resort, just perfect ! - Excellent resort, loved every single minute on the island. V
- Perfect holiday at Maldives - We stayed at Water villa for a week. Room no.303 is very nic
- Really nice property at a great value - Vilamendhoo is a very lovely property with very friendly ser
- serious overbooking problem - I booked water villa. I've email them to confirm my booking
- Service with attitude! What a treat! - all inclusive plus package is good, but the buffet menu shou
- Strongly recommend this resort , excellent service - Beautiful location, very friendly & helpfull crew. They real
- The best choice - we spend 3 days 2 night on jacuzzi water villa and upgrade t
- Trap in an island paradise - wow what a great place, you start w/ sea plane ,what a sight
- Verr luxury small Island with top class service. - The hotell is and island that is aprx 1km long. Wonderfull b