Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Formerly : Nikko Royal Lake Hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
June 01, 2012
Lovely hotel and service with a smile
Big room with everything you need and central location
been to yangon for aboout 7 time now, guess this is the best hotel i have ever stay as compared to others singapore own hotel,wifi very good as other are very weak.plus point is i can acess my internet any time from any location within the hotel.breakfast also very good value for money.
United States of America,
May 25, 2012
Getting better all the time - wifi still need work
Location, food, views, pool
this was my second stay at chatrium in 4 months.
they have made the breakfasts much better and it will soon improve with the arrival of a real italian expresso machine. overall the food is very good and still getting better.
a very good business hotel.
but they can improve two items: wifi works stop and go and it is a real hassle logging in every twenty minutes after the connection drops. wifi works fine on the ground floor where management sits but on the 8th floor where my room was it was very spotty.
executive floor check in and check out is slow and inaccurate. the people on the main floor check in desk are great but those upsatirs need more training.
the recent increases in price at chatrium no longer make it great value for money.
May 23, 2012
I stay for business, and for yangon it's not everywere possible to have internet
May 19, 2012
Very friendly staff. Very comfortable.
Restaurants. Pool size. Large bedroom.
This was my 1st time in Myamamr and the hotel was excellent, although its very concerning as what's happening to prices in Yangon. The Chatrium have increased prices by 30%. The Park Royal have rocketed by 300%. This is of course sound business sense, based on supply and demand and of course total exploitation of the traveller. Interesting that staff haven't seen a pay rise for ages. The staff are very friendly, rooms comfortable and a good size and the Wi-Fi seems adequate, but LAN is needed in the bedrooms. The breakfast buffet is excellent and the price is now what 1 night at the hotel used to be 1 year ago. Saying that, I'll go back next time round.
May 19, 2012
Lovely Hotel with a good service
The hotel features is good
This hotel is offered good service with friendly staff
May 17, 2012
Great Service from Concierge to Managers
during our 5 night stay we experience politeness throughput. rest comes easy on those comfortable, clean bed and sheets. generally the rooms were clean and sufficient beverages were refilled each day. room 813 has a view of the shimmering golden shedagon temple in the far distance. in the evenings the temple is lighted till morning.
while the room was basic, the simple mostly timber design did not reflect any old school or dated feel. there is no hand held shower both in the long bath and stand shower if that matters to some of us.
the good news is the hotel has free wifi all over but alas it does not work efficiently! apparently this is common in yangon. not to worry , there is yet hope, that you can use the computer in either the business centre or at the 9th floor club lounge. we found the business centre tight and club lounge a wee bit tight especially after 6pm. despite all that the service was again superb and smallness soon forgotten. daily breakfast consists of a consistent choice in a combination of local and continental american spread complete with local fruits and a cheese plater too.
while the spa located on 2nd floor lacked ambience, the rub makes up for it. the masseuse was both skillful and professional. hotel guests are given a 10% discount on published spa rates.
Paying by credit card has a 7% surcharge on the bills including those room charges...so prepaid may not be a bad idea! Again this is common in Yangon, I was told!
May 17, 2012
Very close to business areas.
Clean room and great services.
May 16, 2012
Beautiful hotel but far from downtown
speedy internet, great breakfast spread, pool
Stayed here for 2 nights for a business trip. Paid through the nose though -- it was a quick unplanned trip, and the price reflects the hasty booking :(
2nd time in this hotel, and am glad to know the internet is now working properly (it was still being upgraded the last time I was here).
I had more free time this trip so was able to swim in the pool - perfect way to escape the hot weather. Breakfast spread remains excellent.
Far from downtown, but then again that's only around a 4 to 5000 kyat taxi trip (usually even less)
Bar and karaoke in the basement called 'The Ritz' -- not interested, but other business travellers might like this
May 14, 2012
Lovely hotel with great facilities
Al fresco dining for breakfast, friendly staff, great Japanese restaurant, free wifi, good eating places in vicinity
We have been regular visitors to the Chatrium for several years. The location is just right for our needs. One main attraction was the free internet wifi, offered to all hotel guests long before other hotels caught on. Another plus is the Japanese restaurant, which apparently ranks among the best in Yangon. The seafood buffet there is popular with locals and expats alike. If you are tired of hotel food, there are several good eating places within walking distance. Right outside the hotel across the road is Bangkok Kitchen, which serves authentic Thai food at great prices. Thai Embassy officials eat there! If you enjoy your breakfast al fresco, enjoy the morning mist at the Chatrium poolside. There is quite a crowd in the mornings, as this is also a popular hotel for group tours on their way to and from other tourist destinations in the country. The staff are very friendly, with a ready smile and greeting for all guests. Look out for Veronica at breakfast, she always makes an extra effort to make your dining experience more enjoyable.
United States of America,
May 12, 2012
The Chatrium Hotel was good.
I highly recommend travellers do not book their hotel through Agoda. although I only stayed three of the four nights due to my schedule changing, still charged me 4 nights.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon, Yangon
- A top pick for business travelers - The Chatrium is a wonderful place to stay- first class. My
- amazing hospitality - The hotel is simply beautiful. The biggest drawback was the
- amazing view with top service - i was surprised to know that i was a vip in the hotel for ch
- Beautiful Hotel with great view and ;landscape. - I have been a frequent flyer and the first time staying at t
- Beautiful hotel, great rooms, wonderful views! - I was given a deluxe room on the executive floor which had e
- Best location for pagoda view - I stayed at chatrium royal lake one night. But I feel very
- Comfortable hotel in garden setting - Upon entering my hotel room there were loud pounding sounds
- cool hotel - far from city, nothing interesting in hotel area and need te
- Feeling a bit crowded in busy hotel - The hotel is undergoing renovation - like almost all hotels
- Good Building, Good Facility, Good Staff - Appreciate except increasing room charge.
Building is well
- Good escape from the busy downtown - Really enjoyed staying in Chatrium. It would be useful to k
- Good Hotel and away from noisy city - It is a little bit far from city center however you can avoi
- Good hotel but price is increasing each month - i have stayed in this hotel for more than 10 times in past f
- Good - 1st I came to Myanmar with bad immage.But people's good.And
- Just what you would expect...excellen - excellent hotel. all the facilities you would expect of this
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - been to yangon for aboout 7 time now, guess this is the best
- Lovely Hotel, Great Service - Love staying at the Chatrium- If you are looking for an upp
- Nice atmosphere but maintenance needs improvement - Good atmosphere at lobby and outdoor dining area (limited ta
- Nice location,beautiful hotel - It was a pleasure to stay at the Chatrium..Staff always gree
- really enjoyable stay - This was a great hotel in a great location, with easy access
- Rustic old Charming hotel with great staffs - Value for money. Rustic old charming hotel that is situated
- Utilitarian Hotel with reasonably good services - Somewhat chunky, utilitarian Hotel with reasonably good serv
- Yangon-Chatrium -