Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1090)
United States of America,
February 23, 2013
This is a clean, safe well priced hotel.
Service, comfort, cleanliness
Hotel staff were very attentive and polite. Room was clean and comfortable. Nice clean linens, safe box, coffee station, fridge. Nice clean bathroom, good water pressure, standard amenities. There seemed to be a staff member on every floor all night. Room was tired, but well kept. Internet was decent in the room. Breakfast buffet was standard. Location out of the way, but taxis are cheap and numerous. Lots of tour groups from around the world passing through. Book before going inYangon for the best rates. They were asking walkups double what I paid. Good value for the money in Yangon.
February 22, 2013
Reasonably good hotel, friendly staff
Friendly staff, clean rooms
Stayed here on a business trip. The room was big, comfortable and clean. The furniture was dated, but well maintained. The hotel is very centrally located, close to the Shwedagon Pagoda, Kandawgyi Lake and Taw Win shopping centre. Staff members were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was simple but okay. Overall, had a pleasant stay.
Hotel Feature Tip:
If you want a quieter room, ask for those rooms away from the lifts. There is a service desk outside the lifts, my room was located right in front of that desk and could here the voices of the staff talking because the walls are not thick.
February 22, 2013
Chinese run hotel - good plan B
Good sized room, relatively clean, full leaf tea, slippers, quiet (no 4am monestary wake up call)
Yangon is expensive for what you get. Panda is adequate. Clean and uninspired. You will need to rely on taxis but they are relatively cheap. Fine plan B if your top choices are booked.
February 22, 2013
Value for money
Internet, spacious and reasonable rate
At this hotel rate, the hotel provided a reasonable clean, spacious and comfortable room with Internet services , I feel it is value for money in this city. In addition, the location is near to many food and entertainment outlet, yet the place are remain quiet, what else you could expect for such a rate. The friendly and helpful staff added more value for the stay.
February 21, 2013
Very Clean and its nearer to the town.
We are very much happy to stay in Panda Hotel as the rooms are very clean and comfortable.Wifi service is good as well.
Families with young children
February 20, 2013
A lucky find
Central to Yangon, friendly and good service, quiet, reasonable price, food of good standard.
we have visited yangon on a regular basis for the last eight years. this time our regular hotel had no rooms for us and had increased their considerably. having found the panda hotel, we will not go back to the earlier hotel.
when visiting yangon we are on a one week business trip, not tourists. the panda did everything we asked of them and more.
to recap, we are happy with the service and comfort which the panda provides at the price they charge. there is little more we can add about this enjoyable experience.
Book early. Yangon has gone from a sleepy back water to a place that has to be visited.
February 18, 2013
Location, staff, internet
February 17, 2013
Recommend This Hotel
Easy Access to Taxis, Good Rooms and Internet
We had a hard time trying to find accommodation at a reasonable price in Yangon & chose the Panda purely from Trip Advisor comments. This hotel is way above our normal budget but you soon learn that Myanamar accommodation costs are higher than those of its neighbouring countries & we had a very bad experience in Bagan staying at a cheap Guest House. The room was a good size & very clean. We had a view of the Shwedagon Pagoda & the internet worked well in our room. There was a safe, TV, fridge & coffee making facilities. The location was great, we could go anywhere in a taxi for K2000 & the breakfast was adequate.
February 17, 2013
a little dated but ok for yangon
fairly big rooms, friendly staff
panda hotel is little bit older and therefore the design is rather conservative. we stayed in a twin room in the 11th floor with great views over the west of yangon. the room was big and clean and aircon was fine.
the cable tv even has some thai, french and german channels. wifi-connection was ok, but somewhat slow (due to the government censorship?).
we did not eat from their restaurant except for the included breakfast which could be improved. most of the food on display was asian style, and the few western dishes were cold, e.g. sausages or fried eggs.
the location could be closer to downtown and restaurants, but then again taxis cost so little in yangon to most points of interest (approx. 1500 - 2000).
overall an ok choice given this is myanmar and hotels are generally expensive and the quality lover compared to other asian countries.
as mentioned taxis are quite cheap (never pay more than 2500!) and available anywhere. at the given prices there is no point to hire a car for a full day if you are just sightseeing in yangon.
February 16, 2013
Friendly service, great name
Clean, fairly central location, had duvet not just sheets
quick easy check in. requested a double room but was given a twin, but have come to accept this is fairly standard in myanmar. bathroom was clean with great pressure from the shower. had a view of the golden pagoda (just about). staff were helpful. was easy to get a taxi and only about 2000 kyat to go anywhere. breakfast was fairly poor but have also come to expect this.
also i was ill the day that we arrived at the panda hotel and went straight to bed upon arrival. i woke up an hour or so later and thought the hotel was on fire as the smell of petrol was vey strong in the air. but it turned out to be mosquito bombs, so not good for people with asthma.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Panda Hotel, Yangon
- “Peaceful” - Stayed here in Nov 2011 for a total of 4 nights. We booked t
- Acceptable room and very nice staff - The neighborhood is not very elegant, but in reality reflect
- Awesome, cracking hotel with lovely staff - panda is great, went to the posh 5* places, you know the one
- Basic hotel satisfactory all areas - First impression from the outside was a little shabby. 2 lif
- Big & Clean Room Friendly staff - Big and Clean room, helpful and friendly staff, location is
- Big Room but not lovely - It should grade as motel not hotel. Sorry No selling point
- Boring -
- Can stay again - This is a good value for your money. It has electricity and
- cheap price but far from city center - this hotel is quite cheap.The room is clean and big. The hot
- Cheapest suite ever - location is not central, but not very far from center and sh
- Clean and quiet hotel - The hotel is very clean & quiet, the staffs are very attenti
- Clean nice hotel - It's a nice hote, clean with friendly staff. It's not super
- clean, efficient, handicapped accessible - For the special price we got it was a good value, but many t
- Clean, friendly, comfortable, well located hotel. - The location of the Panda hotel is fine. Rooms are excellent
- comfortable hotel - It was good to stay at Panda with nice smile from hotel stuf
- convenient and efficient -
- Decent hotel away from the centre - Only stayed one night. Hotel room was clean & well-maintain
- EXCELLENT LOCATION FOR VISIT TO yANGON -
- Fabulous Price and Great Location - Like my spacious room and the chinese restaurant serving del
- Fair - Provide very basic facility, pillow was too hard for comfort
- gets the job done - This hotel is modest - with sparse furnishings near the Chin
- Good base in Yangon - Was looking for a boutique place in Yangon, but have not fou
- Good basic option in Yangon - Panda Hotel is a good option for the price since all of the
- Good hotel & good service but in a wrong location - Had to walk through dirty and sandy area to get to the neare
- Good hotel to connect to airport - This was a short overnight stay to catch an early morning fl
- Good location & service with a smile. - a well located hotel but the decor was a little tired. neede
- Good location near shopping mall - i like this hotel because they have free wifi service
- Good location, clean rooms, helpful staff - Good hotel near the main sites in Yangon. You can walk to t
- good location - good location ,near to schedago pagoda. specious room. the b
- Good quality room, friendly staff, good value - I would recommend this Family run 220 room hotel in Yangon.
- Good Service, Friendly and Value for Money - not so far to go centre poit(yangon) (only pay usd2 by taxi)
- good value for business traveller on budget - no pool, no fitness but good location . friendly staff. very
- Great hotel in a quite area. - Great, I will use it again on my next trip.
Nice to be able
- great location & service with a smile - good location, hotel very clean, customer service with a smi
- Great location - it is located near the downtown especially china town. walki
- Great service and good, clean rooms - Downtown and central but not a neighbourhood to walk around
- Highly recommend this hotel - very comfortable with large reception and dining so you can
- Hotel is ok, located slightly outside city center - the hotel with quite surroundings, good for those looking fo
- Hotel near the centre - hotel with clean rooms and located near the centre
- if you have only one night.. - The rooms are clean, but the location is not great!
- Large room but not happy with the bathroom - Friendly staff breakfast was not bad the location not so goo
- Large room well appointed - good value ! - Booked airport pick-up but it didn't happen. Probably just a
- Nice clean hotel but not central location - The staff are very polite and try to be helpful but their En
- Nice hotel but price little high - This hotel is not in the city center but very close. With ta
- Nice Hotel - No walking distance to downtown. Big room and quiet location
- Nice place with nice staff - it is a nice hotel. the breakfast is also good.
it is not
- Nice Place - This was our second time at Panda Hotel. Breakfast is nice,
- Ok mid-range hotel, spacious room, comfortable - fair mid-range high rise hotel with plenty of rooms making i
- Old Middle class hotel but service with a smile - The personnal is smilling and it is still ready to help you.
- Panda Hotel, -
- Perfect and great location - meet my expectation. welcomed by a drink and staffs are frie
- Pleasant - usd 10 taxi ride from the airport. multi-story building - i
- Pretty basic hotel but good value - This is my second time staying at the hotel. I really like t
- Quality hotel for the price you pay - The hotel has comfortable rooms though it could have been be
- Quiet, clean, good standard - I've stayed here before and will probably stay here again; t
- Reasonable price hotel with large room - check in was easy. some receptionist speak fluent mandarin w
- Staff were helpful but the place is a dump - Its a shame there is no place on this review for photos as t
- The biggest hotel room ever! - As we had read and heard that hotels in Myanmar were hard to
- The great hotel within budget - the hotel is not located at the main road, so you have to ge
- The room is clean and comfortable with Internet - the hotel is near to town centre and taxis is easily availab
- This is a clean, safe well priced hotel. - Hotel staff were very attentive and polite. Room was clean a
- Value for money - Generally the hotel is quite clean, the staff are friendly.
- very basis - generally of fair standard, surrounding conditions was disap
- Very pleasant hotel - A good option, not too far from centre of Yangon, easy taxu\
- พนักงานต้อนรับดีมาก - เราเข้าพักเป็นกลุ่มใหญ่ จำนวน 2 วัน โรงแรมไม่ไกลจากตัวเมืองม