Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (518)
January 23, 2012
Very cosy hotel... We felt like home
Service is great, location in center if thamel close to everything, just opposite reggae bar a great live music place.. Clean and tidy, very confortable room and bed.
we had a great stay, it s very attaching place, the hotel is like going home.. when we checked out on the way to airport the staff gave us traditional scarf and blessings to have a safe trip.
the only inconvenient was the water pressure in the shower which was very low... its a mission to take shower. we already told them apparently they cant do muh about it.
except that, i m in love with that hotel, i stayed in soaltee crown plaza kathmandu but i wasnt as happy as with agh. we will defenetly go there again.
January 21, 2012
This guesthouse is your home!
friendly reception by the whole staff who makes you feel at home. nice rooms with hot water and 24 hour electricity power which is important in a city with long power cuts. free wi fi and internet connection.good kitchen. situated in thamel, the touristic area with lots of shops and restaurants.
neighbouring generators make a lot of noice during power cuts!being in the heart of thamel also means noice from the bars.
If you or your taxi driver is lost ask for the well known Kathmandu Guesthouse which is close. Be aware there is also an Ambassador Hotel in town which might lead to confusion.There you can take a good massage with The Himalayan Healers, a project set up to help outcasts.If you want to avoid noice do not stay in Thamel.
January 16, 2012
Loved the location. Home away from home
An amazing stay right in the heart of Thamel. Clean rooms, excellent breakfast and fabulous staff. Hot water bottles being placed in the bed at night was a welcome touch.
Can't praise the hotel enough. A must-stay.
We will be back!
January 05, 2012
Bad location, Small rooms, bad service
none except the fact that the name is similar to another hotel which is much better,
Reached hotel at 2300 hrs. They do not have coffee shop to serve anything.... breakfast choice is limited to eggs and Bread. Rooms were booked for large beds, finally the the one offered had two small beds, could hardly fit into them. Staff not courteous and do not rectify or acknowledge the mistake.
January 01, 2012
Friendly staff, clean room, and nice location
It was good value for money. I have nothing to complain.
December 29, 2011
The hotel was in the center of the Thamel district, very convenient to move around in Kathmandu. The hotel staff were friendly and kind. Everything in the mini-bar was complimentary, which means completely free of charge. In the lobby, there are computers you can use for free which are available around the clock. The hotel is good value for money.
December 26, 2011
Great location, boutique, luxury and great service
boutique, luxury, location, service
I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to stay in the Thamel area with some luxury, boutique style. Thamel is an area with a lot of restaurants, shops and also some bars if you would be interested in that.
Even though the hotel is located in a busy area it has a sort of quiet retreat feel. The rooms are very cute and luxurious. The service is also great, a newspaper will be waiting outside your door when you wake up and there is some fresh fruit in the room. There are even some complementary drinks in the minibar fridge.
What is also convenient, especially in Kathmandu, is that there is 24hrs hot water, and there is always a backup light even in times of electricity cuts. The AC in the room also serves as a heater in winter time.
Shopping, eating, drinking, great location to start some walking tours of Kathmandu.
December 26, 2011
Clean room and towels,delicious breakfast,helpful service staffs,stable wifi signal,beautiful garden
l lived there two days from 24 dec to 25 dec 2011. first night,they gave me a super deluxe room but face the outside street.a little bit noisy when the bars play music.and the water is not hot when taking shower in midnight.second day, i moved into the deluxe room as i booked online. that one is very nice and quiet since it faces the garden side.they also has the free service for keeping lugguge after checking out.
December 23, 2011
Great location & Nice breakfast.
Kind staffs, Tipical atmosphere, Not bad wiress internet in the room
The hotel is located in the middle of Thamel. Even though It was not noisy. (Actually all the stores and bars close at 9pm).
The included breakfast was very nice and I loved to have it every morning. The staffs were kind and smiling all the time.
The wiress internet in the room was a little weak but it was enough to send&receive e-mail. Incide of room was cold at night but I could sleep well with heating system. The hotel provide 2 can of beer, drink, 2 bottle of water and fruits (apple&banana) in free. If you are traveler, I recommand to book this hotel through Agoda with cheap price.
December 22, 2011
Good Location and Decent Rooms
booked 7 nights here and after staying at a few different hotels in nepal, this hotel has to be one of the best. initially i did not really like it, but compared to other hotels in ktm, this hotel is definitely up there. i like the deco, in the living room and the bedrooms. my one disappointment was the shower/bathroom, but i learnt that in nepal, it seems that the status of showers/bathrooms are not brilliant. the shower was never separate from the toilet, so that when you had a shower, the whole toilet would get wet.
in terms of hot water (big problem normally in nepal), there usually was enough hot water regardless of the time. back-up generator for electrical failure was good. breakfast was very good, if a little repititive. the location of the hotel is very good, you're straight out into one of the main streets of shopping etc. there is a nice restaurant with the best nepali masala tea. think it was called blossoms. overall a good place to stay. if you can afford it, stay at the hyatt, if not then this is the place to be! oh yes, free wi-fi and free internet access (2 pcs available), so you can always stay in contact!
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Ambassador Garden Home, Kathmandu
- A garden home - Although I saw the pictures of the hotel on the internet, I
- A quiet oasis - the staff could not have been more helpful good included bre
- a really lovely trip in Kathmandu - within a great service team, we really had nice stay in Kath
- Amazing hotel and courteous staff - the approach to the hotel was 'misleading' and we thought it
- Beautiful hotel with very friendly & helpful staff - This was my first stay at the AGH (i have since stayed again
- Beautifully decorated rooms - Excellent hotel! The best I through my trip in Nepal. Will s
- best boutique in thamel - Great hospitality from staffs and owners. Cozy little hotel
- Boutique hotel - The staff are all extremely helpful welcoming and friendly.
- Cosy, Pleasant Ambience and Staff - Very pleasant and one of the few hotels that have exceeded m
- Disappointing - "Superior" room was very disappointing indeed - small and po
- Excelent fcility & service, never expected. - As first time visitor to Kathmandu, Neapl, I was impressed
- Excellent! - This hotel was fantastic, modern clean rooms in the centre o
- good -
- Great great great location and design - I love the hotel very much ,great location and i had a very
- great hotel in good location - the hotel is clean, it's across a supermarket and bakery tha
- Great location and staff - Nice breakfast. VERY clean. Welcoming and accommodating staf
- Great Place and Service - Loved the rooms and well appointed . Had relaxing breakfast
- Great safe bet - I stayed here based on the reviews and was quite impressed.
- Great Service and nice hotel - Very good service nice rooms and a great location. Would def
- Hotel is nice but outside is sooo loud!! - Hotel is nice but Outside was soo loud until midnight. cant
- Lovely hotel, excellent staff - This hotel is a gem and he staff could not do enough for us.
- nice hotel - The hotel was very central in Thamel, everthing within an ea
- One of the best boutique hotel I have stayed at! - We were extremely impressed with Ambassador Garden Home and
- Quiet home in the madness of Thamel - Stayed for 5 nights in Ambassador Garden Home and we loved i
- Really helpful staff - i only stayed very briefly there as i have a late check-in a
- rooms is small. - services is well, friendly and safely. Very good location on
- this is your home - For my first stay in Kathmandu, I stayed 5 nights at Agh w
- Very cosy hotel... We felt like home - we had a great stay, it s very attaching place, the hotel is
- very friendly hotel, excellent service - I stayed four nights in the hotel and really enjoyed my stay
- Very nice and quiet hotel in the centre of Thamel - delicious breakfast, quite oasis in the centre of kathmandu'