Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Alona Beach - Panglao Island
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (576)
May 03, 2012
Good hotel with nice rooms and location
Very near to Alona beach, Cottages equipped with just the right amenities
we stayed for 2 nights and had a good time. our room was with air-conditioning; well worth extra money in this season. good location - alona beach is just 5 mins walk from the hotel.
the only thing that was not up to our expectations was the hotel staff. we called reception quite a few time from the airport to confirm the address but nobody was attending the reception desk. during our stay, seemed like they were short-staffed
May 01, 2012
lady receptionist is very accomodating
i travelled to bohol w/my brother and our nephew and stayed in a room at l'elephant bleu. i would say that our room was a simple one but comfortable enough for the 3 of us.
the beach is around 15 min walk , there is nearby small eatery w/c sells very good grilled chicken and longganisa at a very affordable price. the pizza in a nearby resto is also very yummy.
overall, our stay was a memorable one.
April 29, 2012
The nice hotel, very cheap price. The staff is very nice. It is very near the beach. We walk only 5 minutes to the beach. There are many restaurant and shop along the road.You can enjoy eating the seafood along the beach. You can have a massage at the beach.
We can walk only 5 minutes to the beach. along the way have the restaurant and the shop.
United States of America,
April 28, 2012
You'll like the hotel. You'll love the staff;
Very clean and comfortable rooms, Relaxed atmosphere. But by far, the very best feature is the front desk staff, Maria and Mercy. The two warmest, friendliest, most helpful , respectful and friendliest staff you'll meet anywhere.
its nice and quiet, no smoking in the rooms was a plus but smokers don't fret,just hang out in the hall or on the beautiful polished wood benches downstairs and have your smoke. they do a great job of keeping the place clean. everything worked fine, like the ac,s the hot water, lights, everything. they have a little bar/restaurant down stairs that serve some very nice wines but the wheat bread products were sooo delicious and made feel like i was back in paris. the menu is very simple and the meals are more like side dishes or snacks. there are a multitude of restaurants all around and the walk to beach was a piece of cake but my absolute favorite part of the stay there were the two sisters maria and mercy. after a long day of riding my motor bike to the very beautiful chocolate hills of bohol (whether you take a bike of van this is a must) or strolling along the beach, returning to sit in front of the reception area and sharing so many wonderful conversations with maria and mercy made me feel so at home. every time i needed something they were right there handling it asap.
saturdays are the only day you can find dancing. there is a musical group that plays at a bar restaurant along the beach but i cant remember the name. they did the most amazingly tight covers of sergio mendes and brazil 2012, earth wind and fire and many others. i was so moved i gave them a 500 peso tip. the largest tip i've been given in the philippines.
April 26, 2012
Good and afordable service
Very clean, good location
we stayed for 1 week and we were very satisfied. we stayed in the cottage, which was cleaned properly every day. we got four towels, shampoo and two bottles of water (water just the first day). bathroom was on good standard with warm water (but you even do not need this in philippines - we never used it), the cottage was equipped with both aircondition and fan - we paid just for fan. one evening our toilet has got blocked, however we didn´t have to say to anybody and it was fixed next day when we were gone. also a reconstruction is still going on in next site (and probably will be in next weeks), but they started after 8 in the morning so it was not annoying to us. cottages are situated in nice garden with sitting area in the midle and area is covered with wi-fi signal. also each cottage has own nice porch, but i could't stay there too long because of moscitos. in total this is very good accommodation for couples who want to comfortely enjoy philippins as they are!
We rented motor bike for 3 days and made some trips around (also to Chocolate Hills). In reception they offer motorbike for 450Pesos per 1 day, we rented it outside for 800 for 3 days. For tricycle to the airport we paid 230Pesos, tricycle to the next beach (Dumaluan) it was 80Pesos. You need to bargain everything. Tip for you: If you go to Dumaluan Beach, you pay entrance 25Pesos, but then you can cross to Bohol Beach Club Resort, which has the most beautifull beach I have ever seen. The beach is supposed to be just for hotel guests and there is security which you have to pass. But we passed them two times (in the afternoon) and they havent said us nothing, probably were to lazy or bored. Definetely try it, the beach is amazing!
April 26, 2012
served and welcome w/ a smiles.
The wooden kiosk with a good sofa placed in the middle - a very good resting place, where we chat and tease. =)
The room was comfy and bright, One thing i love about the mini veranda is that I can see the very solemn and beautiful sunrise, viewed every morning in our room.
So breath-taking.. =)
It's ok, but Maybe, there's something more to improve on the cleanliness.
Thank you staff.
Hotel Feature Tip:
It's very applicable to all backpackers and budget conscious travelers. One thing I'd love most about them was their very Filipino type of Hospitality.. They always served and address our requets and queries w/ a smile. Me and my friends loved the girl assigned in the receiving counter. ^_^
April 25, 2012
Pleasant hotel in Alona Beach
Nice, comfortable rooms and friendly service
Stayed there for couple of nights. Rooms are fairly big with ensuite bathroom. It's a bit hot inside daytime, so it's better to find yoursef daytime activities outside, fortunately there is plenty of them around. Fan was sufficient for me at night. There was not hot water though. Service was friendly, they do housekeeping on a daily basis. Breakfast was not included, there is a french cafe downstairs, where you can have typical french breakfast (if you don't feel like it, there are many other options within easy walking distance). Walking distance to Alona Beach is around 8 minutes.
Helmut Place at the junction of main road is a good and cheap place to get local beer.
Families with older children
April 22, 2012
"Small room & salty water from the faucet/shower"
Their FAMILY room is small and water from faucets/shower is salty you can't use it to gargle your mouth after tooth brushing! I got to smell something odorous/stinky. Rooms are located at the 2nd floor and its pretty tiring to go up and down. They have no free coffee/tea and own restaurant. We had to walk to nearby restaurants just to eat brkfast. The reception of their tv is terrible even under a cable system! Location of the room is fronting the highway and you can hear moving tricycles/cars which is annoying, you tend to wake up so early! On our 3rd day, i requested for change of linens before we left at around 9am for island hopping. Upon our arrival at around 2pm, the room hasn't been cleaned!
Before making a final booking, call the hotel where you are reserving and ask all amenities' conditions and availability.
April 22, 2012
Clean, neat and simple
Excellent friendly service, very clean, five minutes from beach and very cheap.
My daughter and I stayed in this little group of cottages for three nights. The room was basic but comfortable, with twin beds, a chest of drawers, wardrobe and bedside chest. A separate bathroom had a shower, toilet and basin. The room features also included air-conditioning, dispensers of shampoo and liquid soap in the shower, cable tv and free wireless available in the room, although wireless reception may vary according to which room you are in. (We were in Room 5).
The main downside of the room was the noise at night, fine for my daughter, but not suitable for a light sleeper. A room at the back may be less noisy. I would also have liked to have a chair, even just a plastic chair so the bed wasn't the only place to sit.
Due to the set of very steep steeps to get to the rooms, not suitable for someone with impaired mobility.
Overall, for us, it was a very pleasant stay which was excellent value for money.
The Rendezvous cafe at the cottages is great for croissant and coffee in the morning or green tea to take to the room in the evening, but in general - Eat down at the beach. It is cool and shady, with spectacular views and plenty of excellent bars and restaurants. If you turn left when you get down to the beach, there are better swimming areas, with seaweed further out.
Families with young children
April 22, 2012
Nice room and friendly hotel staff
we liked our stay at l'elephant because of various reasons: walking distance from alona beach, the supermarkets and restaurants are very near this hotel, accessible to commercial vehicles, the room is big enough for my family (1 big bed and 2 small beds), and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. the selling point of this hotel is their friendly staff – always smiling and ready/willing to help their guests in whatever way they can.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - L’Elephant Bleu Cottages & Rooms, Bohol
- a good place to crash for backpackers -
- A little distant from the beach - When we arrived there was an available aircon room so we ask
- big room, basic but good - We had fan room in the main building. The room was good, but
- Cheap for budget travellers - as my friend and i were looking for a cheap accomodation wit
- Clean, nice room and very near to the beach - The hotel has a good location, quiet and relaxing..easy acce
- Comfortable location - i tried to call the hotel twice before since we will be late
- Cottages were lovely! - The rooms were affordable and clean. The gardens were lovely
- Cute cottages and great location! - we loved staying here. the cottages were very clean and comf
- dont try the cotage fan rooms - this hotel/resort is among the few that offers room the chea
- Good hotel with nice rooms and location - we stayed for 2 nights and had a good time. our room was wit
- Good Location and nice staff - Good location, only walking distance to the beach and restau
- Good location, Friendly staff - The location is good. It takes about 3 mins from alona beach
- Good location, small rooms and noisy from road - Rooms are ok but a little small. Matress is foam based which
- Good Service, good location - i stayed here 2 weeks ago for a couple of nights. the staff
- great location - I will always remember the receptionist called Maria who was
- Great restaurant - really fantastic restaurant. breakfast was superb. i was a
- Great service, tasty cafe and clean rooms. - we booked our first night as a room fan and when we arrived
- inexpensive hotel with friendly staff - loved the friendly family orientated nature of the hotel.onl
- just a right choice - it was a pleasant stay. you can have your breakfast at 7am o
- Modern hotel with Indigenous Touch - The photos from Agoda showed native cottages and hut, but we
- more beds - the fmily rooms easily accomodates 6pax. hte problem with th
- Nice cozy hotel at alona beech! - I stayed there all together for four days!
It is a nice hote
- Perfect quality/price room, near of everything - Very satisfied about my stay, in the middle of everything, 4
- pretty OK - Room size is okay, but aircon in the family room needs to be
- Satisfactory hotel - Position the general, the service is ok, the overall feeling
- service with a smile - The staff Mercy and the restaurant staff are very hospitable
- Superb value, perfect location and great staff! - This place is perfect for the solo traveler, the honeymoonin
- value for money hotel - the room is just enough for a couple, small but clean. with
- Very courteous and accommodating staff.. big rooms - we had a pleasant stay... rooms were very spacious... hot&co
- Very nice staff - We spend very nice 3 nights in these cottages, which are com