Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2260)
Families with young children
February 06, 2009
Very nice area of hotel. One big and one some less pools. Very pleasant personals of hotel.
This is my first visit in Philippines. I was search hotel only for relaxasation, without visit disco, clubs and ect. I glad that I stayed in this hotel. Very pleasant personals in hotel. Hote, in hotel non-natural sands beach, little area on beach.
All area of hotel very nice, there are very much coco-palms, flowers, trees.
I`m not recomended this hotel foz young travellers, especially which travel alone. You can only sleep, relax on the sun, swim in pools. Nearest disco situated over 25 min by taxi. Far.... In hotel some expensive restorant and absent in room complimentary water (only in day of check-in) for clean your tooth.
Have a pleasant stay in Cebu White Sands at Maribago Beach! (no Bay-this mistake on this site)
February 01, 2009
The staff is nice. and the hotel very clean.
the hotel is close to the airport.and we have realx in this hotel.but the beach is small and we can't happy swimming in the beach.
The staff is very sweet and pack the breakfast for us. very good service.
United States of America,
January 29, 2009
Wonderful Place to Stay
I loved everything about my stay at White Sands Resort. Food was great, rooms were good, staff was very friendly and always very helpful.
Would recommend the Island Hopping and try to get Felix as your guide, he is awesome. Will be back again for sure.
With two swimming pools was never a crowd. All the fish in the ponds were great, Staff was always ready to help and accommodate when you needed something. I would suggest going island hopping and rent the snorkel gear as the fish were great to see as was some coral. The front desk can arrange most any adventure you want to go on.
On certain nights, the main restaurant has several different kids of food out and you can select what you want grilled. Must try this!
January 29, 2009
stay at White Sands
very nice hotel and pool area.
short distance to local shops and restaurants.
this hotel arrangement of room was very nice, we liked that they had main pool and as well smaller quiter pool away from the noise.this hotels garden were very beautiful.
the only thing which we didnt like (but is common in cebu) is that the hotels beach was very small (but well kept), and divided from the other hotels by stone wall.
but overall we have liked the hotel very much. we have spent one day looking for other hotels in the area and this one was definately best value for money.
dont worry to go outside to find restaurant - cheaper then hotel
January 27, 2009
Good Experience in Cebu White Sands Hotel
Worthy to stay, located in a quiety place. The room is quit big and cozy. excellent experience. The staffs are quite nice. Recommend to experience.
Families with young children
January 26, 2009
Cebu White Sands At Maribago Bay Hotel
Very nice swimming pool; the only things nice in this hotel.
Hotel location is not good. Very far from everything.
Feel not safe outside the hotel (no problem inside).
One of the guards seems happy to ask us our room number each time we pass in front of him.
Hotel car is three times more expensive than local taxi. Even if local taxi will ask you to pay a bit more than the meter; it is still good value for money. Do not take hotel car !
Do not choose this hotel if your interest is the beach. The beach can be consider a none.
Even if you want to go to the dirty beach; you will be bother by local who will try to sell you jetsky or island tour. You can ignore them but they will insist until you leave the beach ! Stay at the swimming pool.
Food is below average and price quite expensive compare to other resort. Do not go to their lunch or dinner buffet. No choice !
Much better to select "a la carte".
After our first night; we ask to change room.
We certainly got the worst room in the hotel.
Noisy aircon; no curtains (sun light at 6am); light from the corridor during the whole night.
We move to a much better room the next day.
Overall; i recommend this hotel only for a 1 or 2 nights stay for transit only.
Families with older children
January 24, 2009
Welcome to Cebu
Very spacious grounds, child friendly pool area access to beach front & limited to customers
We booked over the internet and the rates were very reasonable, having read some of the other hotel reviews this one represented good value for money. We had a party of five and booked 2 night stay, we would have stayed a further 2 nights but having looked at the tariff to book directly would have been twice as much as we paid online, so essentially we had a room for free booking via the inertnet...crazy! The rooms were very spacious and clean, bathroom shower room clean with plenty of hot water. We ate at the hotels restarant for two nights and they varied the food, there was a fixed price menu or you could choose from a buffet, the standards were fine with us......no food poisoning! There was a residential band who played at your table, you caould ask for a request...whether they new the song was another story....but hey good food, good waether & company and a bottle of wine...what more could one ask for!
Thoroughly enjoyd the stay and would recommend it for
Large air conditioned shopping malls in central Cebu you coul spend a weekend in and still not see everything....shoppers heaven!
January 15, 2009
clean, beautiful rooms,which is a must for Philippines.
Best resort I have ever visited. the relaxation areas next to the fish ponds are wonderful. Many pools around the resort for you to choose. The food has western price tags so i preferred to travel around and eat out.. as i was exploring Cebu city but have tried the food and it is comparable to the best rest. in Sydney.. has net cafe..and other fun activities which i didnt get the time to try. - make sure you ask the staff to tell you about everything they have on offer.. ps there is massage on the beach while you look out into the ocean. Paradise.
go to the shrine, (Lapulapu) its a nice garden and historical importance.
January 11, 2009
Maribago White Sands Resort at Mactan, Cebu
Attractive resort with truly excellent service.
When we checked in we were allocation a very nice room overlooking the sea and pool but also next door to some very noisy renovations.The toilet was also leaking.
We were however upgraded to a larger quieter room with a whirlpool bath and four poster bed without any fuss or question.
The buffet breakfast was pretty poor catering mainly for local and Asian tastes but again the wonderful staff substituted this for an American breakfast without any fuss or cost.
Not sure whether this resort was Korean or Japanese owned but the pricing structure certainly was.Compared with other resorts such as Alona Beach at Panglao in Bohol this resort and I suspect other similar ones too was double the cost for everything.
However the resort layout was very attractive and relaxing and the staff were undoubtedly the best we have encountered for a long time.
Just a pity that they did not have a tip box anywhere on the site because they all deserved to be rewarded for their efforts.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Hotel/Resort is located in a area where you are constantly pestered by locals wanting to sell you anything and everything if you step outside the gates.
Don't go on a Saturday..the night life just outside the resort is very noisy until early morning.
United States of America,
January 08, 2009
Nice Quiet Resort
Located fairly close to Cebu International Airport with no disturbance from overhead aircraft. Grounds ar well-maintained and relaxing atmosphere. Staff are friendly, courteous, and helpful.
My wife and I stayed at the Cebu White Sands At Maribago Bay Hotel Cebu prior to my leaving for the US. The staff are well-trained, friendly, and helpful. The grounds are well manicured and feature several Koi ponds. We found our short stay relaxing and comfortable. The staff arranged for our tour to Bohol and provided us with a "to go" complementary breakfast for our early morning trip along with a free shuttle ride to and from the fast craft pier.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Cebu White Sands Resort and Spa, Cebu
- "Great location but small rooms" - the aircon in our room is not functioning well, we were expe
- A nice place in Cebu - The Cebu White Sands is a nice hotel and the staff gave us a
- A so-so resort not recommended for family holidays - i'm not happy with the resort's policy of not allowing visit
- Alexey (Moscow-Russia) - This is my first visit in Philippines. I was search hotel on
- An excellent hotel - We thought the hotel one of the best of its kind that we had
- an ok place only -
- ant in the room and on the bed - the room is just so-so and not comfortable, also in the room
- Attentive and Couteous Staff - The staff are exceptionally polite and always there to help
- attractive resort, friendly staff, poor basic room - Arrived at Deluxe room to find: u/s electric kettle, u/s TV
- Average resort but extremely calculative - The facilities of the resort were average, some were run-dow
- Beach is so small - I was disappointed to see that their beach area is so small.
- Beautiful peaceful - absolutely love this place so relaxing the beach was so clea
- beautiful resort - nice resort. large modern rooms. well kept grounds. very lar
- beautiful view - green landscape with 2 big swimming pool nice breakfast and
- Beautifull hotel. Good service - Cebu White Sands is a nice hotel and value for the money. Ou
- Best value in Mactan - Enjoyed my stay very much. Very classy, excellent food, exce
- Cebu Weekend - The hotel is quiet and pleasant. The coy pond, the pools and
- Cebu White Sand Hotel - A clean, comfortable and nice hotel. The staff is helpful an
- Cebu White Sands At Maribago Bay Hotel, -
- Cebu White Sands At Maribago Bay Hotel -
- Cebu White Sands At Maribago Bay Hotel -
- Cebu White Sands At Maribago Bay Hotel -
- Cebu White Sands At Maribago Bay Hotel - Overall i think this hotel is very nice and a great place to
- Clean, friendly and nice located hotel - a well run and efficient hotel.
great staff, who are friend
- Comfortable rooms - The hotel has a nice pool, confortable room and friendly sta
- Could not have found a nicer place to stay..!!! - when i first arraived at the hotel gates i was not to sure w
- cozy hotel but the beach is not - the hotel is actually hard to find and far from the airport
- Decent Hotel but expensive and No proper beach - I would not go back there and to Cebu (Mactan) overall. The
- Excellent servIce!!! - Excellent Service, staffs are very nice, honest and helpful
- Far location but secured area - needs improvement for food and housekeeping. the area is se
- Gerat littile motel - like i have said in the past, this is the greatest little ho
- Good for family stay -
- Good Hotel second visit and staff very welcoming , - Very clean , nice & comfortable room & bed Food good good st
- good hotel with helpful staff and good facilities - enjoyable stay and good place to unwind. Was impressed with
- Good hotel, service good. - We were married there two years ago. Left them a message if
- Good hotel.team members are ok. - It's nice and quit hotel.its good for people that's wants to
- Good location, very helpful staff - Pick up from airport was on-time and comfortable. Check-in
- Good location - Nice location that is good for outside hotel dining as well
- good location - the room was old and needs renovation but the hotel location
- Good service - Since our last stay in October 2011, they now have coffe & t
- Good Value for Money - cebu white sands does not quite match up to the standards of
- good - good
- Goog Accommodation, Friendly People - We reserved for a Delux Room but when we got there, all room
- Great hotel area - It is a huge area with 2 pools and the beach is really near.
- Great hotel for spending leisure time at the beach - Resort is on beachfront with easy access to many islands nea
- Great Hotel unreal service - Grounds are very well maintained rooms are clean. Food is g
- great hotel - it is a nice place for relaxing. outside the hotel it is not
- Great Little Resort - Great little resort for couples and very friendly guests and
- Great location near the airport - Hotel beach was not that great as it was artificial. However
- Great location - enjoyable stay despite the weather 3days out of 4 rain!!
- Great Location - It was comfortable but not your 5 Star Resort... The rooms h
- Great location - The resort is far from civilisation.. It's pretty good for r
- great place and ok service - was a night stay but the hotel was so good in a laid back en
- great property at a nice beach - this place is great. eventhough its is quite but it has all
- Great resort and good food - I had 3 days 2 nights, and it was worth it. The resort is pe
- Great Spa but poor beach - We wanted a hotel on the beach, because we thought this woul
- great staff and food but old rooms - The hotel is nice for families, 2 pools, billiard, good west
- Great Value - Found the staff great, the spa first class. Two nice pools,
- Greeted was nice & presentation of staff was great - Overall I would stay there again but not at the prices adver
- Group stay at White Sands Resort - We were a party of 8. Ranging from 66 yrs old to 13 years ol
- horrible experience - I dont think i will go to that hotel or place any more in th
- Hotel Review - This is a nice hotel, the room is clean & tidy as a four sta
- It was just ok. - Overall, I was satisfied but the facilities were bit old(our
- just pass - the service is gd; the day of arrival is my gf BD, they offe
- lovely hotel and and good service with a smile - our family love this hotel,we love swimming,playing billiard
- lovely hotel.. - it was great ...service was excellent..love to go back one d
- lovely hotel - The hotel was very nice, the staff were friendly and effecie
- Lovely resort hotel with warm service - guest room was nice. very clean & spacious. a/c took around
- Nice environment, no wifi in room - The best part was the design and landscape of the rooms, the
- Nice hotel but not nice enough to go back - Hotel was nice but not outstanding; our stay at White Sands
- Nice Hotel with Helpful and Smiling Staff - overall, we are satisfied with the rooms, large courtyard ro
- Nice Hotel, but NOT a "beach" experience. - nice clean hotel, but the beach front is so small. if you ar
- Nice hotel, but out of the way. - Our stay at this hotel was pleasant and the staff and house
- Nice hotel, clean rooms, clean grounds, peaceful - it was great overall. my family enjoyed the stay. we had 2 k
- nice hotel, fair price (mid standard) - The pool area is very nice and relaxing.
The staff is eager
- Nice Hotel, good service, mediocre food - The hotel and grounds are nice. Staff are very friendly. H
- nice hotel - We selected the hotel despite some warnings in other reviews
- nice place - I arrived late and departed early. The restaurant and entert
- Nice place - The hotel is very nice. The grounds are beautiful. The resta
- Nice Resort/Hotel - Over-all one night stay was great with a live guitarist play
- Nice Stay - Overall my stay at the resort was very nice. The room was ve
- No Really Nice Hotel... - no wifi in the room.. for relaxing is great... super far to
- Not a "beach" resort - Overall I enjoyed my stay. Nice place to take your family o
- not so nice beach area - we had a delay for more than 1 hour after I had a confirmati
- not too bad location - the hotel is like a school hostle small rooms clean with tv!
- old hotel with charm - large property with good gardens and pools.
rooms need reno
- Paradise on the water - this was one of the best resorts i have stayed at so far in
- Peaceful and relaxing - The hotel is worthy from money. Clean and comfortable includ
- perfect hote for relaxation - the place is very good for relaxation, wide area and quite e
- Perfect hotel for vacation - very nice hotel, big rooms, helpful and smiling people at re
- Relaxing Weekend -
- Romantic hotel with excellent service. - This is the 4th time my wife and I have stayed at White Sand
- Room that OK big room - The overall condition of the hotel is considered good. But d
- simple and yet relaxing - the hotel and the staff accomodating...but it so happen duri
- Slightly over-rated resort with a great location - Don't expect too much then you will find it okay.
I don't r
- Small beach in a old resort - Old washroom with many ants in the room, and its AC is very
- Small hotel with too many corporate events. - stayed for a week. four of the days was joined by many local
- Spacious rooms, Well-maintained - our first room was infested by ants, but they were very apol
- stay at white sands maribago bay - The stay overall was great and the facilities are nice. The
- Terrific Hotel - Best place I have stayed in for a long time. The staff were