Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (756)
June 02, 2012
Affordable hotel with great food.
We loved the pool and especially the food.
the standard room in the hotel is not what we expected to see compared from the photos online. the room is far from the resto, pool. the room is also old-looking but the bed is very comfortable to sleep on. the toilet is good, too. staff in the resto were not very friendly. despite that, we enjoyed our stay there.
Their pizza and tropical drinks are a must-try.
May 27, 2012
Lovely hotel with great service, but noisy
Service staff were very good, especially at the cafe
The hotel had a really nice beach as compared to the other hotels on Mactan island. But there were way too many corporate events. It's a pity that the beach is so lovely but cannot be enjoyed because of the noise from the events happening in the hotel. We even had a notice telling us that the next day will be very noisy in the morning. And noisy it was, we were woken up in the morning with drums and orchestra.
There are touts at the edge of the beach and the hotel signs would warn you to deal with them at your own risk. My bf and i went for a parasailing tour with them which was about 20 percent cheaper. It wasn't a bad deal and they do deliver somewhat, but sometimes it may feel a little dodgy. Our parasailing trip ended up with no boats bringing us back, so we had to swim about 100 metres from the sea to the hotel
May 27, 2012
Good hotel for this level, lovely pools, staff helpful & freiendly. Good food in restaurant. Small private beach. Downside, water was never hot for shower. Booked day trip to Bohol through hotel, paid each. Proberly a lot more than if you you booked ferry and tour once there, but this was very well organised. Classy private transfer to port, ferry then met by a guide & driver to just us. Everything was included, a reaaly great day. Left at 7am returned 9.30pm.
Bohol is a must!!
May 27, 2012
It was perfect place where I was loooking for...
resort was nice but not foods at restaurant.
First of all, all the staffs were very nice.
and the beach was good enought and room was so clean and pretty.
I like their swimming pools and beach chairs were enough.
There were not many Korean people, but most of them were Filipino.
It was great experience and trip to me.
I want to go there again.
it good ideas to go grocery shopping before checking in.
they have a restaourant and it was all where I can get something to it.
Families with young children
May 23, 2012
Simple Hotel but with delicious food , yummy !
Delicious native food like the adobo , beach front very clean
May 19, 2012
A gd place for holidayholiday, not many facilities but close to the beach. Relaxing
United States of America,
May 18, 2012
Fantastic views - Wonderful room.
View from room exceptional. Private swimming area. 5 star food.
Costabella is one of the nicest places I have stayed. When I first booked, a took a regular room. This was a Cabana style room in what I guess was the original part of the property. It was immaculate, however, once we arrived and I looked at the 7 story wing, with views up and down the coast I had to upgrade.
The grounds were very well maintained and the breakfast buffet was over the top. There is an international style open air restaurant, which is open 24 hours, and a seperate open air Asian style restaurant. Food was awesome.
Hotel Feature Tip:
You can book boat rides, jet skis and para-sailing from the hotel.
May 16, 2012
Right about service with a smile...
Driving along the main access road made me think, what have I done?
Hotel security guards greeted me and they didn't understand a Internet Reference Booking Number...eventually they allowed us to pass. This area here needs to be addressed with a better understanding of English and that an Internet Booking does not print out a Confirm of the Reservation unless you have access to a printer at the time.
Passed into the confines of this vast Spanish styled resort that was pretty damn good...clean as a whistle!
That's where the staff smiles began!
Hot water for the shower took it's time but...hey the day was pretty warm so not the matter...
Lapulapu is a good little village close by, with some great seafood markets and restaurants hidden away worth a try and good value souvenirs.
Families with young children
May 14, 2012
big hotel, big rooms but not so tidy
friendly front desk staffs
I quiet like the welcome of the staff. We were greeted with a smile and given welcome drinks. I was with my mom and daughter and neice so i wanted to make it worthwhile for them. Overall rating for me for the hotel is "ok" but not outstanding. Here some of my experiences and observatios:
# The rooms are quite old since i knew from one of the staffs that it's 30 over years old hotel so it needs a renovations and new paintings.
# When we came back to our room after an hour or two for lunch(the very first day we arrived), we noticed that the room was stinky with cigar smoke and it was really bad that we had to open all th windows and doors. I phoned the front desk and tell them the problem and they said they will send the housekeeping people all the way but weve waited for about ten mins there was nobody turns up. Then i phone again, another 15 mins still nobody. So i phoned for 3rd time and told them if they wont attend to our concerns then they better transfer us to another room or ill look for another hotel. Eventually after hearing what i said,there came a cleaner after 5mins to sprinle some air freshner.
# The next day, we went out for breakfast and it was good but their bacon is so hard that you couldn't use your knife and fork to eat them. You've gotta use your fingers. Of course, it's very difficult to chew.
# The hotel is a bit far from the town so we needed to take a tricycle to go out but decided not to go since we have two kids with us. It is therefore not ideal holiday haven if your with your kids.
# We wanted to try the food outside the hotel as part of our holidays but we were stuck in the hotel's food coz like i said, the town is a bit too far specially if you have kids. And take note, there's no much choices in the hotel's menu so for 4 nights and five days of staying there, we were already sick of their foods.
# Lastly, they do clean the room but they dont leave shampoos, soap, dental cares,and hot drinks stuff. u have to tell them
Families with young children
May 13, 2012
value hotel with wonderful, helpful staff
comfortable rooms, friendly staff, nice pool area
the cottage rooms where we stayed was comfortable. it has aircon, tv, working toilet and bath and very good comfortable mattresses. the structure seemed like the oldest set of accomodations in this hotel and the furniture could use a coat of paint. we didn't really mind these though as the bed and airconditioning was very comfortable and the path towards the cottages makes you really feel like you were in a tropical resort. we were also looking for accomodations that didn't remind us of a hotel we would stay in manila. we really wanted to feel like we were transported somewhere else. the common facilities like the pool and beach area and common restrooms were very well maintained. weekend though wasn't as peaceful as friday during our stay co'z there were a lot of company outings booked in the hotel. food and beverage felt quite pricey given the pricing of the rooms. most of the food we've eaten though taste good. stay away from fried stuff though - they tend to overfry. to end though, for the price we paid though i think the hotel and service gives very good value so i am not complaining. however if we wanted a more stylish modern tropical room, i'd probably get a room in the newer building or probably pay much more for a 5 star hotel.
if its your first time in Mactan and up to a little adventure, try the island hopping. it was fun experience for the family.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Costabella Tropical Beach Resort, Cebu
- A great place to stay - We checked in the hotel with no problem and the staff were v
- A weekend break at the Costabella - I am familiar with Mactan Island and chose the hotel randoml
- Affordable hotel with great food. - the standard room in the hotel is not what we expected to se
- Average hotel - room were ok as a based for our diving trip. breakfast were
- Costabella Resort, Cebu - Costabella Beach resort is located near the sea with a small
- Costabella Tropical Beach Resort -
- Disappointing - poolside meant 80 metres from pool - We made a late booking for this hotel and when we turned up
- Everything was fantastic except the excursions.... - this was a lovely hotel with warm, smiley and friendly staff
- Friendly staff - Hotel has a great position on the water. Nice pool area but
- Good choice close to the airport - If you have spent your days in the Phillippines island-hoppi
- Good hotel, great rooms, location on beach - we had a pleasant stay at the costabella. the room was great
- good hotel - beach side rooms is very nice the other rooms is not that go
- Great hotel for couples and families - For those couples or families that are looking for a seclude
- Great Hotel like paradise - Steps away from subway station, walking distance to amenitie
- Great hotel with friendly staff. No hot water - hotel and location was very good and staff were very friendl
- Great Hotel - Our stay was very good, we needed to make some changes on th
- Great location , very nice service , but room old - The only negative comment is the room is old .beside this ,
- Great place for relaxation - It was a good decision to book the Premier Deluxe room as we
- Great Service but Limited beach space - If you want Long endless beach to walk along you will not fi
- Great staff, but overpriced - The corner suite was excellent. Awesome bathroom and bed, wi
- Great view of the beach from the hotel - Great location if you would want to relax and enjoy the natu
- I thought the resort grounds were very nice - Overall I enjoyed my stay but the room was classified for th
- It was really quiet, romantic & comfortable place. - It was a romantic experience, best for couples who are looki
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - We have enjoyed our stay and have a quiet relaxing time ther
- Lovely hotel with good service and clean rooms - Really appreciated the kind and professional service during
- Lovely hotel with good services and location - a liitle bit old hotel but maintain in very good condition,
- Lovely hotel with lush garden - My family wanted to escape from the hustle and bustle of Kor
- Lovely hotel with nice beach, real value for money - They are good people, and enjoyed our stay there.
- lovely hotel, good, friendly staff - at night when we arrive in hotel, the room we gave us is the
- lovely hotel, great white sand beach - great value for their white sand beach and very clean clear
- Lovely Resort with Spacious & Modern Rooms. - They could improve the breakfast, it wasn't really very Inte
- Mactan Island - I enjoyed my stay at this resort. When looking at hotels on
- nice ambiance - nice ambiance, pool was also nice, and also the beach fine w
- Nice for a diving Week end in Cebu - Well I arrive I 5h00 in the morning and I had book one more
- Nice hotel and good service - the cons of Costabella is the cost of food which is very exp
- Nice hotel and nice pool - the rooms are okay except for the not-working shower in one
- Nice hotel room but not much facilities - nice hotel and staff stationed at the beach area was very ni
- nice hotel with friendly staff -
- Nice Resort with Great Staff - beach is short and the water is full of sea grass. they are
- Not a relaxing hotel - After several days working in Cebu and staying at the Marco
- Not impressed at all - Breakfast was limited, beach was ugly and dirty not attracti
- Old Spanish style,very open - The Hotel is a very nice Old Spanish style with charm. It is
- private vacation. - for travelers who wants to have a quiet & private vacation.
- Security is priority - It is my honeymoon hence a longer duration is what I wish. T
- Serene location with good service - The location of the hotel is secluded but you can enjoy peac
- Spacious hotel rooms and beach - We stayed here for 2 nights. It is an ideal hotel for famili
- the greatest my live vacation - nice room clean and nice beach and pool and food is very goo
- very private and cozy place.. - we really enjoyed the place..we stayed with my whole family
- wow very nice - Great Hotel - beach great only at high tide heaps of sea etc