Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (752)
November 13, 2012
Great service & value for money
Service, Swimming pool & Ocean veiw from balcony
It was amazing staying in Costabella Tropical Beach Resort. We stayed in the West Wing (New building) with big~~~ bed. We were 3 pax and it was enought to sleep in the bed comfortly. All of my friends enjoyed the swimming pool a lot but it was quite smaill beach in front of the hotel. However, we had great time there and the resort was perfectly value for money
November 12, 2012
Great hotel. Wish I could have stayed longer.
Excellent service and well trained staff.
The beach area was very clean. They provided towel racks outside your room to dry your wet things if you come straight from the beach or pool. They thought of everything - from your welcome drink to shopping in the city to their yummy food.
November 12, 2012
Fantastic Resort with Nice Food and Friendly Staff
Had a private beach of their own!!
Checked in around 9pm after our day tour in Cebu. The resort had tight security system; double gated with 24 security guard on duty. Friendly staff greet us with welcome drinks even though its already late night, bell boy carry your stuff into your room without expecting tips.
We instantly fell in love on the room interior set up, clean and comfy, Satelite TV with ample of channels to choose from.
Breakfast was great, buffet style with a lot of variety. The even had their own private beach although its a small one. Dinner menu is a bit expensive but they serve really good food, kitchen opens 24 hours.
Well kept resort and will definitely recommend this one for couples/family
Try their brownies, its fantastic (or maybe its js me)
United States of America,
November 10, 2012
big rooms and very large beds,Great breakfast buffet
Costabella is actually one of the nicest hotel in Mactan Island. Less expensive than Plantation Bay and White Sand Maribago but it's along that same road/area. Although the bathroom was a little tired but everything worked and was clean. we had dinner in the restaurant each night and the food was good and there was an excellent
Families with young children
November 09, 2012
Lovely Hotel Great location
Great food and enjoyed breakfast most of all . great pool and white sandy beach.
We enjoyed our stay easy drive by cab to all tourist points of interest in HongKong.
Families with young children
November 06, 2012
Superb location and facilities
Sun, sea, pools and great staff
This is a well kept and relaxing resort. Facilities are great although could be a little expensive, but safe when booked. Could find cheaper but not guaranteed through hotel etc.
Resort is clean, and the staff cannot be anymore helpful and polite.
We were there for 6 days and could easihave stayed in without having to go anywhere else, but we went further afield to check out local malls is Cebu city, the hotel gave advice and helped get taxis etc.
The food was good witha wide variety to choose fro even for a 'fussy bugger' like me.
The Childs play area that is shown on teh map is a little dissapointing with only a little tykes house and slide, but the beach is well maintained and private and an abundance of starfish to keep any child happy.
Internet connection was only available in the open areas and the WiFi abit slow, but it was complimentary so this is not a complaint just an observation.
The Diving school on site is not directly linked to the resort other than being in thier grounds, so payment is by cash for this and directly to the school not through a room bill or via credit/debit card. The diving staff are first rate however and this ishighly recommended, the gear is a little dated but this is quickly forgotton when face to face with Moray Eels and Lion Fish and holding puffer fish that the dive instructor passes to you from a deep and dark hole.
Overall, I would recommend this resort for travellers from anywhere around the world, it is first rate, child friendly, an abundance of facilities in and out of the hotel.
It has a local gift shop again not directly related to the hotel and paymnet is again by cash and direct to the shop, but has a few souvenirs and essentials that may get forgotton like a bathing costume or flip flops etc. The swimming pools are well maintained, with enough sun loungers around for everyonemust take sun cream though!)
I would definately go back again and wuld not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone.
SM Mall is one of the new malls in Cebu City, if you take your kids who are at the playful age of liking soft play climbing areas, then you can driop them off for a couple of hours and go shopping hassle free. You have your fingerprint taken so that you are the only one who can pick your kids up from them. Be aware that teh toilets however do not have toilet paper in the stalls, you need to collet some from the wall in the wash area prior to going in to the stalls, in both male and female toilets. Happy travelling :)
November 05, 2012
Nice hotel but quite old
Nice swimming pool and breakfast buffet
Location is kinda far from center; would need to hire a taxi and give some P100 tip.
Very good breakfast buffet but be sure to choose the hotel package with breakfast buffet included or you will pay Php500 per guest (kind of expensive).
The "private beach" is not really good because it was not clean! The sand was rough and the water was full of algae.
We just enjoyed the swimming pool.
November 04, 2012
Lovely hotel - great for a lazy weekend away
Private beach, friendly staff, nice decor and good food
We really enjoyed our stay here: the staff were lovely, the resort has a nice layout with a private beach, plenty of options to eat, the food (breakfast esp) was good.
If I was being picky I'd say the rooms are nice but not as 'swish' as the public areas, unfortunately there were some annoying hawkers trying to sell jetski rides etc but the resort has done their best to deter them with signs and a fence to prevent them coming up to you, the beach is shallow and so not the best for swimming when the tide is out but you can swim out to a floating swimming pool/diving deck and there are two nice pools in the resort.
October 29, 2012
Great Hotel like paradise
Its that you are treated how you would want to be treated by lovely staff and tranquil surroudings
i loved it so much at the costabella tropical beach hotel that i rebooked there for the final few days of my holiday in cebu. its like paradise and my friends stayed there too from my recommedation. i would fully recommend this hotel to anyone ad i am going to go back there again the next time i visit cebu.
Families with young children
October 28, 2012
rustic ambiance, fun under the sun
i stayed in the hotel with my family for 3 days and two nights; the furniture and other facilities are old that's why even if the comfort room is clean it appears to be dirty because of old tiles and faucet. the beds, however, are so comfortable. TV offers few local channels. the beach, swimming pool are beautiful, so relaxing. we stayed along the beachfront until midnight just playing with sand, watching the moon and listening to the waves;
feel the beach
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Costabella Tropical Beach Resort, Cebu
- Absolutely supurb - This was the highlight of our 2 week vacation. 2 nights in
- Bad transportation not impressive in any aspect - Got me a room in the back with no view
Facility was old.
- Beatiful Hotel, very remote - nice place, a little bit older but well maintained. excellen
- Clean, comfortable, private beach - Good place if you're looking to escape the hustle and bustle
- cool place - Though we got there at almost midnight, staffs were still ve
- Costabella Tropical Beach Resort Cebu - Costabella Tropical Beach Resort Cebu, is very nice place to
- Costabella Tropical Beach Resort, -
- Costabella Tropical Beach Resort, - I don't usually stay in resorts, but I decided to give this
- Costabella Tropical Beach Resort - Isolated from everything, onsite restaurant expensive and if
- Costabella - We really appreciated this hotel for its quietness, lovely g
- Cosy Hotel - The private beach is just perfect with the beautiful weather
- Excellent Location anf fantactic resort - It was our honey moon...and its unforgetable experiance..suc
- Excellent -
- Friendly service, attractive hotel - pay the bit extra for the premier deluxe room, much better t
- good hotel with good services - this hotel is in the middle of nowhere wih a go security
- Good location - nobody on the beach.
service as a routine
- Good place for a relaxing holiday - This hotel feels quite remote, we felt confined to it for al
- Great beach compared to others! It's a mini 5 star - great room upgrade- view, food was good and well priced. Th
- Great clean and relaxing hotel ! - great hotel with great staff members. lots of hotel endores
- Great hotel with great service. - It was a nice resort with a lot of helpful and friendly staf
- great resort and nice rooms - we stayed 4nights and 5 days. everything was good jst make s
- great resort - plenty of boat tours from the resort good water front and sw
- Great service & value for money - It was amazing staying in Costabella Tropical Beach Resort.
- Great service with smile but old rooms - it was very impressive to meet the employees who tried to an
- Highly Overrated. This should not be 4 stars - I think my stay was highly disappointing. The room was not c
- I don like here - The beach is not clean enough I feel. The swimming pool is s
- interesting place - despite my expectation this hotel turned out to be different
- Lovely hotel & staff - Good hotel for this level, lovely pools, staff helpful & fre
- Lovely hotel and service - I spent just one weekend in Costabella Tropical Beach Resort
- Lovely hotel, location poor - the hotel was very nice, pool, beach and garden lovely. very
- Lovely hotel - It was a good stay. the swimming is really nice but the beac
- lovely peaceful relxing place to stay - the pool is not huge compared too some of the bigger hotels
- lovely place - when we entered the resort, i thought the resort was old, to
- Nice cozy resort style hotel - check in with receptionist was fast and easy. hotel is cozy
- nice from outside - friend booked for us found room late in being ready and got
- nice hotel and good staff and security - far from the main road. on call taxi has extra charge of 50p
- Nice hotel with clean beach n friendly staff - Location and large car park. Ideal for Twickenham
- Nice hotel. for a short stay - Stayed three days for scuba diving which was great, the in h
- nice hotel - a good hotel with nice private beach. the food was good with
- Nice hotel - Very nice place to stay. Smokers are a problem with no non s
- nice resort, lot of watersports available - nice resort with spacious garden, 2 clean and cool pools and
- Nice rooms, remote location - The beach of the resort is not that great, and the hotel is
- not worth the price - the beach is very small and sea water not clean. the wifi in
- ok, but not great - Checked in without a reservation and the price was high, so
- Quiet and Efficient - Nice and quiet but not much activity for children. A little
- Quiet hotel on the water - The hotel has a very small beach but it is clean. Breakfast
- relaxing ambiance, clean hotel - its a very peaceful place for unwinding. nice rooms and well
- Relaxing hoilday - A great choice of a lay back holiday. Because of the perfect
- Worthwhile - Costabella has a fine coast line, however, if you'll like to