Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1258)
United States of America,
November 23, 2012
Nice hotel, nice staff, good price
stunning view from hotel window (17th floor), pool and cuisine
Loved it. we enjoyed being up a bit on the hill where the air tends to be a bit cooler and the view is amazing.
See Magellan's Cross in downtown Cebu - one of the artifacts from the time of the great explorations
United States of America,
November 23, 2012
Felt Like Home to Me
Great location with large rooms
i had read complaints about the place being hard to find, but had no problems at all. agoda directions, though basic, were easily understood by all taxis.
the location was excellent. circle k convenience store a block away, a "business village" a block in the other direction, metro and deira city center mall just a few minutes walk away as well. there's also a great little shopping place named day to day next to the metro that should satisfy all "gift" shopping.
the listed free wi-fi isn't happening though. one hour per day, per customer is what is actually "free", in the restaurant during breakfast hours. still, that's more than a lot of other places offer.
overall this place had great bang for the buck and is on my short list of places to stay in dubai on a budget.
November 21, 2012
a popular high level hotel without free pick-up fr
breakfast is great, location is ok, not far from SM.. only 10~15 mins to SM shopping mall
.sea-view room will be better...
.staff is not too friendly..mabye they have to service too many people a day..
.room is ok and clean, not too bad
.the only thing made me feel angry was that we asked the hotel o arrange a taxi for driving us to airport. we had asked the hotel staff how much it would cost from the hotel to airport by the taxi they arrange. the staff said it would just charge ph$200..the most only ph$250 and it only takes no more than 30 mins to get the airport. however, the taxi driver asked us to pay ph$300 when we just sat down in his car!!! i told him that it was not fair and i did ask the hotel staff and pretty sured that it should be under ph$250!!! he said if we dont agree the price he asked then he can just drive us back!!!!! what???
this is just like a robber!!!!! my friend asked me not to be angry and just accpeted his offer, becoz we had to catch our flight!...after all, the taxi fee machine just showed ph$250 when we arrived the airport. we still pay ph$300...and it spent about 45 mins to get the airport... the drive even drave us to add oil for his car on our way to the airport!!!!! i dont like this!!! the hotel has duty to make sure they always arrange nice and reliable taxi drives to service us!!!!
.you can ask the hotel to offer pick-up from airport. 4 people in a small car will just charge one way.(becoz the staff told us that we can take a taxi to airport and just cost $200, we asked them to arrange a taxi to airport....then...the bad robber drive really made me angry!!)
.from hotel to sm, they do offer a free shuttle bus, but the last one back to hotel is leaving at 7pm from sm shopping mall.
.there is an expensive italy resturant(called anzaxi) near the hotel. there is great night view from the resturant and only 1 mins by taxi.(dont walk to three at night, just ask hotel to arrange a taxi for you and it only cost ph$57)
United States of America,
November 21, 2012
getting old, in need to renovation
the hotel is showing its age, however, you are safe and quite from the busy center.
November 20, 2012
Great service, Beautiful views
friendly service. Very organised. Nothing was too much trouble
We really enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendly and organised. The food was delicious. The rooms very comfortable. The only downside was the charge for using the sauna
November 19, 2012
Very good hotel, lots of space, excellent rooms
Great breakfast, lovely swimming pool
It's a good location, about 30 mins from the airport. Eccellent buffet breakfast (extra charge.)Easy to travel into the city.
November 19, 2012
Stayed here for one night after attending a friend's wedding. Quick and easy check-in and check-out, room was clean equipped with all the amenities except for there were toothbrush boxes displayed in the bathroom with nothing inside. I'm not sure if they just forgot to put them in or they're cost-cutting. But it wasn't much of a problem for us since we brought our own from home. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and would recommend this hotel.
November 19, 2012
Classic hotel service but starting to show its age
Great service, good location, great food
The location of the hotel is around 15 minutes from the city center - close enough that you don't get hassled by the bustle of the city, but close enough that you can pop in and out of the shopping malls quite easily, and cheaply, by using either the hourly hotel shuttle, or by getting a taxi.
The rooms itself could be a bit bigger. The bathroom design and fixtures are starting to show its age, however the facilities are maintained well enough that this isn't as noticeable.
Other facilities such as the welness spa, and the gym are oddly located at the basement. I would have expected them to have utilized their above average view. The spa service itself was fairly pleasant.
All in all, for what you pay for, the service, food, and facilities are great.
Don't fret getting taxis in Cebu, they are numerous and fairly cheap considering they are all metered. They also seem safer than the taxis in Manila.
Families with older children
November 19, 2012
Great locations but with small roaches
Name recognition and prestige.
When we enter the room it smell like chemical and the light near the door is blinking. At night i have a craving for coffee and open the pot to boil the water, I was surprise to see 2 small roaches inside the pot. I was so disappointed to see this a 5 star hotel w/ roaches. I also asked the front desk staff if they give mileage for staying with them, she said yes but I am not qualified because I bought it from the travel agent.
I'd rather take ramada hotel instead of Marco Polo hotel because I saw 2 small roaches inside the pot were you boil water for coffee.
November 14, 2012
Good Enough for 2 Nights
Its a big and spacious hotel
I liked the hotel because it is quite spacious, although since its an old hotel, there are some signs showing, good thing they are starting to renovate parts of the hotel as there are lots of other newer hotels in the area. Compared to other hotels, it is definitely worth the money you spend. Good if you are here on business or for specific purpose, not much recommended for those on sightseeing as its a bit far from venues.
Don't forget to check out the sky adventure in cebu is you are a thrill seeker.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Hotel, Cebu
- 5 star hotel - wonderful friendly staff welcome you to a classic hotel
- A Business and Leisure Trip - I always enjoy my stay in the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. It is a
- A first class hotel with first class personnel. - Having stayed at numerous hotels in the Philippines in the p
- a top facility with truly excellent service - i was pleasantly surprised by a several things during my sta
- a wonderful place -
- Almost 5 stars - The hotel advertises itself as Cebu's only true 5-star prope
- Always a pleasant stay - Always a pleasant stay. Staff is friendly and attentive as s
- Classy, Cozy and Comfortable - marco polo is on a hill with a great view of the mountains,
- Clean hotel, don't expect quietness - the amenities are on par with any other hotel of the same cl
- Clean Place - the staff were great and kind.
i was so suprised that they
- comfortable and friendly - In short, it was comfortable. The pool is a good size and th
- Comfortable and safe - staff were very helpful. requested a room higher and they we
- comfortable motel - motel is central to casino and city. security and privacy ar
- Comment on macropolo - Smoking smell in room. Not enough shuttle bus seat
- Downtown city is overlooking and rooms are so nice - I definitely love my stay at marco polo plaza hotel. Its a b
- excellent hotel good views over cebu - we thought the hotel was excellent and we would certainly st
- Excellent restaurant, inviting pool. - Beautiful hotel, with excellent view of the City and ocean.
- Excellent service! - i stayed in cebu for 2 weeks, and stayed at marco polo hotel
- Excellent - Reservation desk are great help. concierge excellent,swimmin
- Fantastic hotel with great service - This hotel is affordable and very classy. From the minute yo
- feel do good - Everythings perfact.
this hotel located near main street
- First Class Hotel - The only negative I can think of is that is not on the beach
- Good hotel for the price - the hotel is good value for money. we paid about + tax for
- Good location and very good service - Stayed in the hotel for a week. Good service at the hotel wi
- Good service but it is located bit in outskirt - It was a great room and all staff were very friendly. It is
- Good staff - I like their staff they were very helpful an frindly to us.
- Good Value for Money in Uptown Cebu - The staff was really accommodating even we have a complaint
- Grand hotel and great service - This five star hotel offers different amenities to guests.
- Great and comfortable - what a contrast! when i first stayed at marco polo some tim
- great hotel and views - the marco polo is a fantastic hotel just a bit too far up th
- great hotel, good restaurants - Thoroughly enjoyed stay in Marco Polo. Great view of city fr
- Great hotel. Professional, courteous staff. Value+ - I stayed for three nights, and was impressed. On my last nig
- Great hotel - I really like this hotel and would definitelly stay again.
- Great Hotel - I would recommend the Marco Polo to anyone that is intending
- Great hotel - loved the breakfast buffet. the staff was very friendly and
- great hotel - Stayed for 17 days and never had complaint. The hotel crew w
- Great location and good service - I made a mistake in booking. I did not put two persons and m
- Great Location but have bad experience - Location is just perfect but there is no sitting area at lob
- Great Location with Scenic View - the rooms are fairly large and clean
love the bar at the ro
- Great location, service and facilities - overall, my family enjoyed our whole experience in the hotel
- Great view of city, overall a good stay - Overall a good stay, good sized rooms, good selection of ame
- it was awesome. - I really like their service so I will definitely come back a
- Location - Another great stay at Marco Polo. Good place to conduct bus
- lovely hotel and service with a smile - we have been there twice now and we are always looked after
- Lovely hotel view - best place to stay if you want to have a peaceful time and j
- lovely hotel - The hotel's ambiance is very inviting and comfortable and th
- Marco polo cebu - considering the room rate and their 5 star category, the bre
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Hotel, -
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Hotel - Everything was great. Easy to find, easy to go to airport.
- Marco Polo relaxation - From the moment of arrival you are welcomed by friendly staf
- Marco Polo, Cebu - Hotel service, neat rooms, good facilities & above all, exce
- Marco Polo - Nice hotel with swimming pool and big rooms, friendly staff,
- Mixed views - I am very familiar with hotels in the Marco Polo group, and
- Never Let Me Down - Always come here whenever I'm in Cebu. Feels like a place, n
- nice and efficient staff - we love the buffet breakfast,big and spacious room, relaxing
- Nice and highclass - Me and my wife stayed at the Marco Polo hotel during our vis
- Nice business hotel well located for city meetings - Third time staying here and it was as good. This time I use
- Nice Hotel with friendly staff - A hotel room that was old and 2 small double beds . Breakfas
- nice hotel with great massage - actually everything quite good when you stay there, nice ser
- Nice hotel, nice staff, good price - Loved it. we enjoyed being up a bit on the hill where the a
- Nice hotel, no complaints - It's not the newest hotel, but the rooms were comfortable an
- Nice Hotel - the hotel is very nice, the rooms are beautiful and over-all
- nice staff and great hotel - It is nice for me to stay there nice room,do my workout ever
- Nice Surprise! - Loved the upscale decor, and specially the room's very comfo
- Not for single travellers. - Great hotel. Great sized rooms. Clean. Well maintained hot
- ok for business travellers - Hotel is quite far from city center, rooms interior is not a
- Older hotel with fabulous views of cebu - this is an older hotel and it shows . . especially in the ro
- Outstanding!!! 5 Stars!! - Spent the last four nights of a 3 week trip at the Marco Pol
- perfect stay, well maintained - this is our 4th stay, must have a meal at the pool cafe, and
- Quick getaway to relax - We decided to stay at Marco Polo for our anniversary because
- room needs some rennovation - located on the hill with nice view. but the rooms are in nee
- Rooms was out dated and noisy - The rooms are dated and noisy, we was on the 19 floor and co
- Shutter bus to go to Big malls and nice service - Hotel is away (by walking) and you need to get the car or ta
- Simply the best hotel in Cebu City. -
- The best hotel in cebu.affordable,friendly staff - Recommended to my friends and families.nice big hotel
- The best - Myself and my partner stayed in a Grand Deluxe Room on floor
- The staff is what makes it a 5 star hotel -
- Very good location and frendly service - I have stayed several time at the Marco Polo and it always l
- worth to come to - nice room, great service, convenient location to the city &