Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1225)
September 23, 2011
"Nice resort friendly staff'
Clean, friendly staff, nice breakfast buffet, nice welcomig
Nice stay, good breakfast spread, attentive staff, clean nice rooms, 3 swimming pools, clean nice beach.
The hotel gives you a real safe feeling compared to the outside world.
Dinner buffet 850+++PHP
Pizza around 800 PHP
Please check if arriving with 3 persons, things in room should be available for 3 persons.
When checking out, please ask a cancellation of your visa card, as it is not the hotel's habit to do so !!!!
When going out from the resort, be careful of the men standing around the gate for ripping you off.
The convenience stores around the hotel sell beers 1/5 the price of the hotel.
Want to eat delicious seafood in nice setting, then you have to go to Magellan's Shrine.
When booking a taxi, make sure you take a meter taxi and do not pay any amount higher than indicated by the taxi meter !!!
Do not expect much when visiting Magellan's cross, the area is very poor and dangerous !
Cebu is poor, dirty and dangerous. Be careful of fake police, corruption and drug abuse !!!
If you have time, visit the island of Bohol, 2 hours by ferry (Super Cat) you can see the chocolate hills and the world's smallest primate the Tarsier.
Bohol is a paradise island compared to Cebu, it is clean, safe, people are nice, and it gives you a true holiday feel.
September 21, 2011
nice private rooms, many pools, and delicious food
a classy resort that we would definitely come back again. villa rooms are big and spaced very well with the other cabanas so as to keep the guest's privacy. only draw back is the resort does not have a beach shore that you could boast of. overall, a must when visiting cebu!
September 20, 2011
Friendly place with nice garden and swimming pool
nice beach and good restaurant
I have stayed 2days here and mostly I satisfied, nice garden, swimming pool, restaurant and beach.
But the room is little old but enough convinient.
If your purpose of trip is resting, I recomment to stay here!
Actually, I didn't go out for 2 days, except going out in front of resort for massage. This place is this way good for me!
The staff recommended rice with pork. It is really yummy. So does Mango juice!
September 17, 2011
the resort is nice as you go inside, the lobby looked great, everything from the outside looks good and the food was above average but the room from inside looks outdated, the bed looks like it needs replacing, it was rickety, there were cracks on the wall, the toilet also doesn't flush right away, otherwise the room is decent, the beachfront was small and full of algae too. the service though was great everyone was very friendly.
United States of America,
September 14, 2011
Beautiful hotel; courteous staff
Very good service, great value, nice pool and beach
Staff were very friendly and courteous. Good value for the money, room was standard and clean. The breakbast buffet that was included in the room rate was very good--- lots of food choices. The hotel had three swimming pools and was not too crowded during the week. It also had a beach front with huts. Property was clean and security was good.
United States of America,
September 09, 2011
Great location but not well maintained
Good location, activities and amenities
my room was not in good condition. cracks in the walls, paint peeling on the ceiling, bathroom fixtures corroded. the resort on the whole is in a good location and has plenty to do, the food is good and the staff is very cordial. the swimming pool could be kept cleaner, as theer is a lot of vegetation around.
September 06, 2011
A good-value resort with good service
warm and friendly staff, nice pools
Maribago Bluewater Resort is located at Mactan, Cebu. It is a little far off from the city but that's the point why you chose this place. The resort is quite safe with the security checking all persons and vehicles entering their premises. One thing you should not expect is anything grand, with the money you paid for, you are treated with good service, use of all their pools, access to their beach, and other areas around the resort. Albeit, the amount you paid is all worth it.
The staff in the resort is very warm and friendly. They will greet you with a smile, and will try to assist you in any way that they can. I remember during our lunch the server was all smiles and was able to help us choose our meals.
The resort offers three wings for its guest. The garden wing, the beach wing, and the new Amuma Spa Wing. In my opinion, the garden wing offers a better option. Outside your room, the pool greets you with open arms. The water beckoning you to come take a dip. They also have a pool in the Amuma wing, as well as near their dining area which makes it convenient for their guests to have some snacks or drinks.
We were lucky that the weather cooperated during our trip. The beach is ok but it does not offer anything spectacular. The place is a bit rocky and hard to walk to, I guess it would be better if the guest has aqua shoes to make it easier to walk to the other small beach front.
I just hope that they could renovate their garden wing. The furniture and cabinet need updating and fixing. The cabinet works abnormally. You have to open the cabinet doors widely before being able to pull open the drawers. It would also be nice if they could add some small tables where the guest could place their luggage / baggage. But that does not mean that it ruined our stay. All in all, our stay was great. We were able to relax and enjoy our time in Cebu.
When going out. Get the regular taxi if you want to save, which you can ask the front desk for or their security staff at the gates. This will cost Php40 flag down rate plus an additional Php50 fee as compared to the Php660 hotel service.
United States of America,
September 05, 2011
Nice resort with friendly staff
The evening dinners were very delicious, if a bit overpriced. The staff always welcome you with a smile!
don't expect much in the way of a beach if staying here. they do have a nice sandy beachfront area which they keep tidy. but the beach is more like a small inlet and the water was very dirty. if you plan to swim, best to be content with one of their three swimming pools which are very nice.
You can get a massage across the street from the resort for 1/5th the cost of what the resort charges.
United States of America,
September 04, 2011
Great Hotel and Service Excellent
Nice Restaurants and Friendly Staff
all excellent, except just the lagoon/beach. the water needed to be cleaned but after the staff did their best, okay. can take a boat and snorkle and scuba at nearby islands.
Great holiday if you just want to stay at the hotel. But if nightlife is your thing, takining a taxi is just a 30 minute ride. Try to get the hotel staff to make sure the taxi is metered.
August 31, 2011
extremly convenient, kind staff, clean and safe
most of facilities which travelers need are equipped in the hotel. swimming pool is good, but beach is not. every staff has good manner. i think that this resort is good especially for asia people such as korean, japanese and so on. cause all the breakfast menus are prepared for the asian.
one of the worst thing is water. it is a little bit salty.
overally, this resort is good for travelers who'd like to be relax with familiy.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Meals and beverage in the resort cost too much.
You'd better buy beers outside of resort.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort, Cebu
- "Customer friendly resort" - Our reservation was upgraded to a more relaxing room, the be
- "Nice resort friendly staff' - Nice stay, good breakfast spread, attentive staff, clean nic
- A good resort for the couple - The resort also provide the island hopping tour. The tour gu
- absolutly very nice location and comodity - it was very nice to stay this hotel. good and comfortable ro
- Amazing hotel! - Had a nice stay at Maribago, would definitely come back!!
- Awesome place - This resort is a great choice if you just want a place to re
- beach is so beutiful hotel - maribago have a beautiful beach that is so special. and very
- beautiful hotel beautiful beach - it's been a while since my best friend and i vistited the re
- beautiful resort with great service - maribago was my 1st resort in the philipines.i was nervous a
- Clean rooms, attractive layout of grounds - Although we were persuaded to pay for an upgrade our room lo
- comfortable hotel - this resort is very private and safe.
workers are very kind
- fantastic hotel by a beautiful bay - only stayed 2 nights but wished it could have been longer...
- Fantastic pool view and private beach - Basically the setup of the environment is brilliant which ma
- Good atmosphere - Good breakfast, nice resort with warm feeling. Taxi arrangem
- Good for Short Stay - There should be alternatives to the themed dinner buffets wh
- Great breakfast buffet. - I enjoyed my stay at Maribago. we stayed at the amuma suite.
- great experience - I would highly recommend this hotel and I would stay here aa
- great resort ! - i was so excited to stay there for one night.
lots of korea
- great service and the best that i have experienced - I want to go back, i love this place and its friendly staff.
- Great staffs and services. - Staffs were all really friendly however beach wasn't impress
- Happy - Overall, the comment of the hotel is on average. The price i
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - Good hotel. lovely staff - waking up near the equator every
- Lovely hotel but staff are disappointing - Although the hotel is not new, it is well maintained. Nice p
- lovely hotel with beautiful scenary - Scenary is beautiful with three swimming pools but too small
- Lovely Hotel - Freindly service in a beautiful location .The hotel sits on
- Lovely Hotel - Its our second time to stay in Bluewater as always we had a
- Lovely resort, reasonable price - very spacious and clean rooms. the swimming pools were also
- Lovely room with wonderful service - It's a wonderful resort to stay in with family or lovers.
- Maribago Blue Water - nothing but a simple private resort. bed are terrible, rooms
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort, -
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort, -
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort - With the reasonable price, I think it is a v nice hotel with
- Maribago Bluewater Resort, Cebu - Resort itself is lovely however there are not many restauran
- Maribago in April - I would definately return for another stay in the future, we
- My stay at Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort - After arrival at the airport, it was just a phonecall to Mar
- Natural Setting & Friendly Hotel Staff - If you like photography, you can always find places to shoot
- Nice cosy room with a spa-like bath area - Overall the resort present a rustic looks and the staff were
- Nice location, private beach, but some drawbacks - The room safe was broken. We were kept awake all night for t
- Nice Place, friendly people, limited activities - 3 small fruit juices cost 750 pesos. People and staff were v
- nice relaxing resort - i got a great stay in the resort, room are spacious and good
- Nice resort and hospitable staff - We had a nice weekend getaway at Blue Water Hotel. No need
- nice resort - I would definitely return for another stay in the future. I
- Peaceful place - Actually, it is already our second night in the hotel becaus
- Reasonable hotel - We stayed 2 nights with no troubles. Liked the seafood restr
- Relaxing resort - when i arrived the resort, the staff gave me a gift,drink an
- relaxing - No internet service in the room, and where the internet was
- Resort style hotel with nice rooms - Room booked was at the back of the hotel and although nice l
- Review of Maribago Bluewater resort - We stayed at the resort for 4 days. The room was comfortable
- Very nice place for relaxation - I enjoyed my stay at Maribago very much. The staff are very
- Very relaxing hotel with great service but pricey - my fiance and i really enjoyed our stay at maribago. the ser
- wonderful resort - 3 swimming pools were all good. and artificial beach was goo