Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
Business travelers (22)
March 14, 2013
Location, nice gardens,privatebeach
United States of America,
February 26, 2013
I was here on business and did not have any time for the beach but I did go for a run on the hotel trail and the road. It was a good run. The rooms are quiet and cool for sleeping. There are a lot of families here so bring your kids.
February 05, 2013
Great Hotel with great service
Everything is prepared for. No worries during stay
the stay that the hotel was wonderful and i was not disappointed by it. the only downside is that it is on the expensive side. however, the price was definitely worth it.
United States of America,
October 03, 2012
Great Hotel, great location
Service is great, view and facitlies perfect
This hotel is one of the best in the ShangriLa group
September 07, 2012
Room with Mouldy Smell & Power Trip at night
extensive breakfast spread
1) the 'deluxe seaview' room = room with pool view + v far-distance sea view. NOT worth the extra price paid, should just opt for normal garden view.
2) my room, 6085, has got a mouldy smell, like it's been closed for a long time and un-used.
3)in the middle of the night, while turning on the lights, I accidently caused a power trip at 4am! didnt want the serviceman to come to my room to fix the thing, and I waited (while sleeping) till 7am before calling the serviceman to check and fix the problem.
4) the rooms are located very close to each other, and I can clearly hear when my neighbours are back to their rooms or going out. I could even hear the telephone ringing sound of the connecting room next to my room!
The Chinese restaurant, Tea of Springs, serves great chinese food. Reasonably priced..
July 28, 2012
Very nice resort
The environment is very quiet.
Everything is very nice.
So I'll just mention what I am not really satisfied.
1.The wall of the bathroom seems like there is some mold on it. ( i am not sure)
2.The shower curtain cannot completely block the water..so after I took shower, the ground was really wet. maybe its my problem..
3.I couldn't find the dryer.
May 18, 2012
beach, cleanliness, house service
We enjoyed our stay. it was very relaxing. the beach is small, and artificially made which made me feel a bit disappointed but it was still worth spending time in. you'll see fishes around when you swim, also when you snorkle. the waves are very calm and the waters are clean and clear. as for the room, it was quite far from the swimming sites and quite a walk from the lobby so we found this pretty inconvenient when we need to go out of the resort. overall we had a lovely stay, the staff was very accommodating, the place is well maintained apart from their structure and it is really an ideal place to stay in if you want to just relax and not do much.
Go on weekdays as there are less people. it's also 45 minutes away from cebu city if you want to check out places there. it will also cost you less if you get a cab to travel around than a hotel car. you can check out this nearby park called liberty shrine that sells some trinkets for souvenirs.
May 05, 2012
Lovely hotel and service with a smile
The Beach with the corals and fishes
beautifully landscaped with exotic plants and flowers. the white sand beach has crystal clear water with colorful corals and fishes. good breakfast, beautiful restaurants, very romantic good for honeymooners, friendly and helpful staff. good nightly entertainment. very quiet and relaxing. will highly recommend the hotel and will definitely stay here again.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Bring lots of money
United States of America,
February 23, 2012
Amazing beach location with fantastic views...
Beach, facilities, good collection of beach activities, friendly/helpful staff
There isn't much to complain about at Shanri-La in Cebu. Sadly I stayed here only a few days for a business trip but was lucky enough to have one day off to enjoy the beach and beach activities. The beaches and pools are fantastic and like the facility as a whole are clean and well maintained by a friendly and helpful staff. They offer an abundance of beach activities (I enjoyed the day laying out, doing some snorkeling and a little jetskiing) and the staff is very quick to help and get everything organized for you. Lunch in the small cafe was delicious and I enjoyed a nice buffet the one night we all ate at the hotel. The hotel is pretty easy to get to downtown Cebu from and I would most definitely stay here again for my next business trip. Note: I stayed in the newly renovated rooms. They are tastefully done and very well maintained by the staff. Nice little bar area for coffee and the bathroom and closet space were fine. My view was of the ocean and the grounds (toward the street side not the beach side) but my associates view was of the pool and ocean side. I enjoyed his view much better and would recommend that to travelers. Next time I will probably try a larger panoramic suite and would prefer a room with a separate shower and tub as well.
Shangri-La facilities are excellent and as I said in my review the lunch was great (although the breakfast buffet could have a larger spread the view and relaxation factor are amazing) and the dinner buffet was quite good. Our group visited Abaca, a boutique hotel and restaurant, a few minutes up the road from Shangri-La. I would highly recommend eating there if you get a chance one night. Then finishing off your night relaxing with a nice cocktail listening to one of the excellent lounge bands in the Shangri-La bar/lobby.
April 11, 2011
How I wish to stay longer next visit we will plan ahead. Everything ok from the hotel itself the place, the food, the services.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa Cebu, Cebu
- A good stay - we only stayed for 2 days and didn't venture out to the city
- All inclusive relaxing resort with attentive staff - i loved having easy access to the reef-you could snorkel rig
- Awesome hotel, attentive and friendly staff - We both enjoyed the facilities and definitely recommend it f
- beautiful beachfront hotel - i opted to upgrade at the time of booking to one of the ocea
- Beautiful resort, cozy rooms - Shangri-la Mactan is indeed a place one would like to keep c
- Best hotel ever - Not much to complain about here. The staff is excellent, the
- Break time - Its good place. But so far to Cebu city.
If u want go to Ceb
- comfortable refresh resort - Amazing place.. beautiful garden, beach and swimming pool...
- Excellant Hotel - the hotel is located only ten mins from the airport and abou
- Excellent Hotel Facililties - Excellent hotel facilities, good swimming pool and personal
- Excellent service, fantastic location - Loved the trip, kids loved playing at the pool and the beach
- Fabulous - everything you expect from a shangri-la resort - plus great
- fantastic, awesome, great family bonding - me and my 2 boys had a great time during our overnight stay.
- good hotel but won't come back - Overall a very nice hotel but a bit expensive for an ordinar
- great for family with young kids - very nice hotel. many families stayed there. we truly enjoy
- Great hotel for family with young kids - Our 3 days, 2 nights stay at Shangri-la Mactan was great. My
- Great hotel for kids - We had a wonderful stay at Shangri-La Hotel over the holiday
- Great hotel in excellent location - Beautiful hotel where it is easy to combine work and play, a
- great hotel - Hotel wise is big and relaxing
Location is very close to th
- Great location and excellent view from room. - rooms had excellent view of gardens and sea. staff at tides
- Great Location, service & all the comfort of home - Great hotel, beautiful beach, swiming pool, food and service
- Great service compared to the Imperial Palace - Great service and loved the hotel breakfast since they had g
- Great - Overall, a great hotel with lot of smiles. Price was a bit
- Happy as a clam - We arrived at the hotel hours before the official check-in t
- Hotel and Resort in One! - shangrila mactan is great place for families with young chil
- lovely hotel and service is very good - it is very comfortable and big room, with good service too.
- Lovely hotel, nice staff - The staff are very good and pleasant ,but my wife is Philipp
- Lovely well maintained hotel with great service - We spent a week with kids and my parents there and thoroughl
- My kids love it! - The stay was enjoyable since my kids love all the activities
- NICE HOTEL - Very specious area with a tropical atmosphere all over that
- Nice place for family bonding - had a great time with my kids. staff are courteous and atten
- Nice quiet rooms - I was here on business and did not have any time for the bea
- Niiiice - I've been staying in Cebu for these 6 years and a half and s
- One of my favourite hotels, I always go back to. - i am disappointed with my stay this time because the room i
- Perfect romantic getaway - Staff was so helpful polite and couldn't do enough for us. T
- Perfect - 3days in this wonderful hotel
Everythings was nice
- Relaxing place to stay.. although i expected more. - I have always wanted to stay here at the shangrila, and this
- Shangri La Mactan is a Unique Hotel on its own - I have always look forward to stay in Shangrila Mactan as it
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa -
- Superior hotel with great pools - Great hotel, nice restaurants, best quality breakfast/food o
- the hotel is great, highly recommended - our stay is great. will visit again and invite more friends
- Very nice and clean hotel - We had a very enjoyable stay there. Even the kids enjoyed th