Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
December 08, 2012
comfortable hotel in a beautiful park
comfortable room with a nice coverd terasse
inviting front desk area
friendly hotel employees
beautiful room with terasse
beautiful and well cared park
good qualiy of breakfast bufet
December 02, 2012
Beautifully Landscaped Garden
The stay was quite nice as the hotel is located in a quiet place away from the busy city. It was nice to walk around the garden in the morning and at night, and there were lots of places where you can sit down and enjoy a conversation with someone.
The room I booked is Deluxe with Garden View, but I got a "roof view" instead.
On the last day, they told me that the hotel will be having an electrical preventive maintenance from 8-10am, and that there will be a "sudden rise in room temperature and drop in water pressure." DON'T BELIEVE THAT, as they sugar-coated it. It actually meant that there will be power interruption (no electricity at all), and no water in the shower. I demanded for candles and water for bathing, and they gave me a big gallon of mineral water + bucket. The staff made their best effort to make up for the shortcoming in their letter/warning, and somehow I felt better from the genuine intention of the staff to make things better.
United States of America,
November 12, 2012
beautiful hotel great rooms most comfortable beds
quiet place just beautiful nicest people
Had a great time here the room was great the bed the best good food this is a non smoking city no smoking in the rooms designated smoking area at hotel
The malls are close for any type of food u wish for and shopping
October 15, 2012
Great property; somewhat pricey
Nice room, if in need of some maintenance. Great view. Polite and helpful staff.
As a business traveler I was slightly uncomfortable staying at the Waterfront Insular -- but it would be a great place to stay with your sweetheart.
The grounds are spacious and well tended; my room was similarly large. Although it was in need of superficial maintenance the room was very comfortable, with 'just right' king bed, cozy duvet, desk and .. best of all ... a large balcony with a view of the strait and Samal Island. The 'beach' is dirty, despite daily efforts of the staff to clean up the refused washed up overnight. Perhaps offsetting the 'beach' is the large swimming pool and deck -- excellent for spending lazy moments escaping the Davao heat.
At first, I was taken aback with the prices in the restaurants, since they are substantially higher than many Davao eateries. However, I must say that the (included) breakfast buffet, and the (somewhat pricey) lunch buffets were absolutely stocked full of fresh and tasty foods, and the wait staff was eager to serve with speed and graciousness.
Some may find the location to be of concern. It is several km from the city business section. However, I prefer the location, since this small oasis is isolated from the noise of the city. Taxis were available almost immediately, and the additional fare was nominal.
September 16, 2012
Lovely hotel with great location
The sea breeze is so relaxing.
This is a very nice hotel. The sea breeze is so relaxing.Rooms are clean and the hotel staff are very accommodating. The breakfast buffet has many varieties of foods. I will stay again in this hotel.
August 02, 2012
Nice hote and great location
Large area, lots of plants and trees. Warm Staff.
I enjoyed my stay although short. I love the hotel, its ambience. The green grass, the sea, lots of trees and plants all over the hotel. I love it.
When you travel to Davao, it is best to hire a van/car to take you to different tourist attraction in Davao.
May 18, 2012
i stayed there, along with my parents and brother for 1 night. the service is great. the staff are very accommodating. the buffet breakfast was great too -- lots of choices. as for the location, it's along the highway but you still need to go in further. quiet and relaxing place. the room was bigger than i expected. you can just stroll along the shore (coz there's a sign that we can't swim in the beach). cons: sink does not drain as fast as it should. no water when my mom tried to take a bath around 5am. need to open the faucet and wait for around 10-15 mins.
April 14, 2012
Relaxing place to stay
buffet breakfast, room & near paradise island
pros: good buffet selection. food is good. nice pool area, quiet place - you can rest & relax, not too far from city and airport, near paradise island - you can go to their own jetty and inform the staff their that you would like to go to paradise island.the beach resort would send their boat & you only pay p200 per way. in returning, just inform the beach resort staff you are heading back to waterfront insular and they will arrange for their boat to send you back to hotel.
cons: customer service is pretty bad,you don't feel welcome, they are like robots, they are polite just for the sake of being polite but not sincere at all, the housekeeping service is so slow, i requested for an adaptor and it took them ages to deliver to my room, i have to call several times to follow up, on the day of my arrival there is an event where big politicians are around and too many people at the lobby. i left my luggage at the concierge because my room is not yet ready and when i returned to collect there is no staff who attends at the concierge area and i found my luggage just put in a place where someone can just easily grab it without the staff knowing because of too many people. the staff are too busy entertaining the participants on their conference room that they overlook the needs of their own hotel guest.
-for those who can't swim the pool is deep.
I would recommend that you go to paradise island. the hotel can arrange for a private boat to send you to beach and back at hotel. You only pay for the boat P200 per way regardless of the number of person with you. If you want a cheaper way of going to paradise island, you have to go to their public jetty which is not too far from the hotel and you pay P15 per head the only disadvantage is that you have to wait for the boat to be full. Paradise Island is a nice beach resort. Food is good but nt really great. you can walk in for diving but dive site is boring. Nothing too interesting to see but it is better than nothing at all.
February 04, 2012
I chose Waterfront Insular hotel over other hotels in Davao due to its ambience. I love the topiaries in their garden, the sea infront so refreshing to see, greeneries around the hotel. The staff are all courteous, hospital, warm and very accomodating. Also, the local merchandise of pearls & souvenir items are cheap and comparable in Aldevinco shopping center.
December 11, 2011
Great location, peaceful and quiet
The hotel is located in a very ideal place, the surroundings is calm and quiet, its so relaxing to hear hte sound of the sea, especially in the morning, the place is clean, so with the rooms, the beddings. Its a great feeling walking near the seashore especially at night knowing that you are safe. Its an ideal place for those who look for relaxation as the hotel is located a little bit far from the busy and congested area of the city.
Its so ideal tohose who are fnd of walking
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao, Davao
- "Big room and nice garden" - The room is cozy. We had a balcony overlooking the pool & th
- A good time. -
- A resort style hotel - had a suite... very good standard all round.. luxury level r
- aging hotel - got a poolside view room. loved the pool with the new jacu
- aircon was not working properly. good breakfast. -
- clean,large room - our stay was very short but it's not our first time to check
- Courteous staff - We had a very pleasant stay. We love the hotel setting- clos
- dated hotel outside town - Rooms not ready on check in at 1300 hrs
Internet NEVER worki
- Excellent hotel - We've been there just for 1day only....the room is clean and
- excellent vacation -water front hotel - Lovely excellent vacation. we would love to be back again an
- Fantastic hotel - the hotel is excellent.the place is good you can relax well,
- Friendly staff - the hotel is old and needs a little more maintenance but thi
- Good Hotel but couldn't stay there - When we arrived for our stay for one night, we were informed
- Great food - The hotel is good but at first I was a little concerned beca
- Great Hotel - This is our second stay at The Waterfront Insular Hotel, and
- Great large hotel - I have stayed here several times, and I find the location ni
- Great location on the water - We have stayed here before and really never had a problem, h
- Great location; a little tired but charming. - We stayed in this hotel for two nights whilst attending a we
- lovely beachside hotel - Stay was wonderful and great! Rooms are big in size and mode
- lovely hotel and service with a smile - my stay whas great its my 6 time i been there and every
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - good place and good breakfast
- Lovely hotel and very nice surroundings. - this hotel is very nice and staff are great and helpful exce
- Lovely hotel with great location - This is a very nice hotel. The sea breeze is so relaxing.Roo
- lovely hotel - good food and quite in night and very romatic views
- magnificent hotel - this hotel is near to any establishments that you needed dur
- My stay was generally relaxing and quiet. -
- News Years stay in Davao - Our stay at the Insular with the exception of the beds was e
- Nice but some Disappointments - Although it was included in the room rate, I was disappointe
- Nice garden hotel with swimming pools - this was a perfect hotel, with a great breakfast buffet. Alt
- Nice hote and great location - I enjoyed my stay although short. I love the hotel, its am
- nice hotel, very friendly staff - the room was nice. But because of the loud sound the comfort
- nice hotel - was pleased with the quality and size of the room for the pr
- Nice resort Hotel - nice room and restaurants, service good, friendly, nice pool
- Nice resort near urban conveniences - Comfortable, spacious, clean rooms even though the furniture
- NIce stay - hotel is very nice and clean, and have a silent area. staff
- Nicely maintained, quiet atmosphere - We have stayed here many times and enjoy the relaxed atmosph
- Offers many contrasts to city life - While the location of the hotel is far from the city center,
- Old but still beautiful - Located by the beach where you can see the beautiful Samal I
- One of the nicest hotels in Davao - Nice place and on the water. Great pool. Food is good and st
- Real nice hotel downside,poluted sea.. - Really enjoyed the stay and would go back in the future..Goo
- rustic but spacious rooms - had a stay this weekend in waterfront insular hotel davao fo
- Spacious, well appointed, colonial style hotel. - waterfront is an older, large, spread out, colonial style ho
- Superb hotel with lovely staff... - I can't recommend this hotel enough. I think it's better th
- Tranquil, relaxing, piano music was soothing - The hotel was nice, the room smelled cigarette smoke. We co
- Very nice hotel - Loved our stay. The room was exceptional. The garden makes i
- Waterfront Insular Hotel - great staff food is great they should change their central m
- Watergont Location and sunsets are excellent... - I recommend Waterfont Davao City, as it is truelly a Waterfr
- We Shall Return - Food here is veeery expensive. So aside from the free breakf
- Wonderful hotel with great service - This is a wonderful hotel, very well managed and the service