Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (995)
July 24, 2012
It was pleasant but a bit far from downtown.It is okay if you don't want to sample the night life of palawan.
July 23, 2012
Nice place to relax
The place was so relaxing.. The ambiance.. Lovely!
We didnt stayed for long coz wer almost out for the tours, but we love d place! D pool, d food and the staff are great! We'll definitely go back!!
United States of America,
July 23, 2012
Best experience I've ever had
Customer Service/Staff, Cleanliness, Decor, Food
i am so very pleased with our stay at the deep forest garden inn! a special thanks to the wonderful staff! they were so friendly and accommodating! we booked our tours with an outside agency. and when we had problems with the bookings, the deep forest staff went beyond the call of duty to help us! next time, we will book our tours through the hotel's travel agency.
the rooms were clean and comfortable. the decor was beautiful, especially the plants and numerous wood carvings. the food was great and the selection was very good. even the music was great! they played many of my favorite tunes on the restaurant stereo system, including songs by bob marley and steely dan. they even played "corazon espinado" by maná! american radio stations don't even play that one!
because of so much sight-seeing, we didn't even get to use the pool. but it was beautiful and very inviting. it's a must for next time!
when booking, i saw a negative review concerning the location of this hotel. it's puzzling, because the hotel is only a short tricycle ride from town, and there was always a tricycle waiting at the intersection just down the street. all it took was a simple wave of the hand to summon them. also, the staff would cheerfully summon transportation for you, and it would arrive within a few short minutes. the location was perfect. it was just far enough out of town to escape the noise of business and traffic.
the only negative i can think of was the shower head. it was a hand-held shower head and it wouldn't stay in the holder very well. of course, this is very minor. i didn't even think to mention it to the staff while i was there. if i had mentioned it, i guarantee you they would have jumped to make it right.
this was undoubtedly the best experience i've ever had with a hotel, regardless of price range. and it was primarily because of the wonderful people staffed at the deep forest. god bless each of you!
book your tours through the hotel's travel agency. the prices are the same, but the service is much more reliable. i highly recommend the underground river and honda bay. next time, however, we will stay a few extra days just to relax and enjoy the hotel, the decor, the food, the music, the pool, and the friendly faces.
July 23, 2012
Lovely hotel close to the airport
Beautiful hotel and amazing food with great rooms.
We had a pleasant time, staying in a large, clean room. The food portions were huge, so I would order one meal between two (even the breakfasts/snacks) unless you have a HUGE appetite.
The pool was quiet and clean, however the steps are very sharp and my husband badly cut his heel open. Unfortunately, first aid supplies were not great and so we had to makeshift whilst other supplies were bought. (Bring your own first aid kit)
The only other issue was with the tour company in the hotel. Very badly organised, poor communication and I would not book with them again. We had one enirely wasted day at the underground river (waiting around 8hours in the heat) and one trip we had to cancel due to sickness was charged full price. We hadn't been informed about the charges if cancelled and so we fought it. It was a battle, but we didn't pay in the end. Just left a very bad taste in our mouths.
Therefore, if we returned to Palawan, I think we would travel to one of the islands rather than stay close to the airport and have to rely on a poor travel company.
*Bring your own first aid kit
*Ladies, bring tampons! They barely exist in the Philippines!
Families with young children
July 21, 2012
My family had a very enjoyable and memorable stay in this place. My kid really had fun and enjoyed swimming in their like-chess board pool. Food was also great!
July 18, 2012
a forest in the forest
efficient, friendly, well trained staff, comfortable room
hotel is accessible 5 mins from airport, except through van, only tricycle is the means for transportation, no taxis! everything u need (tours, food, tricycles, trivias) can be arranged efficiently by the staff. they are well trained and efficient. No filipino time! they are always on time!
reminder! pls bring off lotion, do not feed d mosquitoes!
bring umbrellas. it rains in the afternn
July 16, 2012
Rooms are clean and nice garden, clean swimming pool but breakfast not up to the standard and food not satisfactory, overall good hotel.
Families with young children
July 15, 2012
A Very Relaxing Ambiance - Truly a Vacation Treat
swimming pools that my kid love - especially the chess pool and the jacuzzi
Deep Forest Garden Inn has made our vacation trip to Palawan more meaningful and memorable. The place is so adorable especially the carved wooden works of arts. The pools are truly relaxing that we couldn't get our son out of the water. The food is so good but a bit expensive. Service is excellent and staff are so accommodating and friendly.
Kalui is a very nice dining place for the family.
Families with older children
July 15, 2012
This hotel is a good place when you need a stay in Puerto Princesa. The location is away from the crowdyness,the place is nice, the rooms are clean, the food is excellent and the staff is friendly.
July 14, 2012
Lovley hotel nice environments
nice staff,nice room and nice pool bar :)
Very nice hotel with nice staff and close to the airport
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Deep Forest Garden Inn, Palawan
- "An Inn with lovely surprises" - We had a great experience staying at Deep Forest Garden. Th
- "Would make you want to go back" - Our 4-day stay at deep forest garden inn was amazing. My bo
- a place of solitude and serenity... - I had a great time and enjoyed Puerto Princessa away from th
- A Quirky Hotel - the whole place is entertaining. they've filled the garden w
- Amazing hotel with class and a great atmosphere - a real gem of a hotel. stylish, comfortable, clean, superb
- Artistic Hotel - I like the hotel amenities, we enjoy our stay with nice staf
- awesome hotel - the hotel was awesome. the staff was awesome, they had our v
- Beautiful and cosy place - I booked this place for my grandparents to stay in on their
- Beautiful and quiet place to stay in Palawan - Reception was very accommodating, especially to our requests
- Comfortable hotel, but too many rules - Our stay was pleasant without being exciting. Welcome drink
- Comfortable stay, close to the airport - We stayed for 2 nights. The hotel is a bit further from the
- excellent customer service - we were very impressed with their staff. very helpful and ac
- excellent hotel and setting - excellent accomodation, lovely surroundings in a garden sett
- excellent.... - I have enjoyed my stay here...recommend to others...they wer
- execellent resort - what a place lovely staff great place in a quiet area only 1
- Five Star Hotel in a budget Inn - We have been to different places in the Philippines but neve
- friendly hotel near airport - hotel is well set near the airport, easy to get to on Trike.
- friendly staff at the hotel - it was only for the last day of travel so i decided to stay
- gaudy decorations - ugly bird lamp ugly sculptures on the wall ugly floor ugly c
- Good for the price. Very good food at restaurant. - Given the chance to return, this will be my choice of place
- Good hotel with small rooms - Hotel even though is is by the airport is very quiet.
- Good place to spend quiet time to relax - We have spent 3 days after 20 hrs of plane from France and b
- good value for money - The rooms are quite nice and spacious, the whole setting is
- Great Hotel Excellent Service - Have a wonderful, relaxing stay. The staff looked after my e
- great nature family oriented hotel - we have a great time here at the hotel, i really love the la
- Great service - It was pleasant but a bit far from downtown.It is okay if yo
- Hilarious. You have to stay here for a night! - if you're transiting thru puerto princessa then definitely s
- Location not good, clean hotel - location of the hotel isn't that great. it's quite far from
- Lovely clean resort with superb dining - The staff were nice and friendly, the pool and garden area w
- Lovely hote,l friendly, very clean. - Lovely resort close to the airport [free shuttle] a veritabl
- Lovely Hotel and friendly staff - close to the airport with free pickup. the staff are very fr
- Lovely hotel and good service - I stay a short time in this hotel, but I promise my kids we
- Lovely hotel and polite service with a smile!!! - We enjoy our stay at the hotel, very pleasant and crews are
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile. - Me and my husband had a lovely stay at Deep Forest Garden In
- lovely hotel and service with a smile - statisfaction. and safe to go out. very helpful n friendly.
- Lovely hotel with great service - Enjoyed my stay here so much. Great staff, they are accommod
- lovely hotel - Good staff and perfect location.
You can rent a motorbike a
- Lovely Hotel - Staff was very friendly. There was a pool. Rooms were clean.
- lovely place to stay - lovely place to stay, with adorable staff, the meal is quite
- Lovely service, staff extends effort to meet needs - the room is great, just as expected in the pictures. very sp
- nice but far from everything - The pool and landscaped surroundings are very nice. A little
- Nice Garden Hotel - staff are easy to deal with. the receptionist willingly arra
- Nice green location - Clean room and nice bathroom. Nice garden and swimmingpool.
- Nice hotel @ secluded location - The staff are friendly. We always leave our valuables on the
- nice hotel and friendly staff - a very nice hotel even if it is small,small bar in pool side
- Nice hotel with great turist office service - The room was nice, there is a swimming pool with a bar, turi
- nice hotel -
- Nice hotel - The staff is friendly and very accomodating, nice ambiance f
- nice place - we liked the place.
- Nice place - We stayed 2 nights at Deep Forest Garden Inn - nice place, b
- Nice pool, helpful, friendly staff. - Perfect for the odd night in PP. Pool was great and the kids
- Nice quite place - Great place but it's a bit far from market. Staffs are frien
- Plesant Hotel and good ambiance - Good Service , Beautiful Ambiance ,Friendly Staff , Clean Po
- Quiet yet enjoyable place - Deep Forest Inn is a very nice place especially when you hav
- Relaxing pool and prompt room service - We had 3 rooms booked on our trip. Each of them were similar
- romantic and quiet hotel - This is a nice clean quiet hotel, with a great pool/pool bar
- Ugly room. king size no telephone? Not safe - Ugly rooms. We had queen size room first but the day we arri
- Unique design in the quiet forest - staff were kind
interiro was very unique and lovely
- Unique Hotel that is fun with great staff - Very pleasant stay that was highlighted by the great staff a
- very good hotel in Puerto Princesa -
- Very good hotel - This was our first time in Puerto princess... Chose this hot
- very nice clean hotel in a quiet area - stayed here for two nights with my friend and we both liked
- Very nice hotel and accommodation - Service is highly recommended; courteous, smiling and depend
- very nice hotel - the hotel is located only 5 mins away from the airport. the
- we will definitely be back! 5 stars service, relax - Wish we could have stayed a few more days. We were impressed
- Well maintained and art creations everywhere - I love this hotel! Each room was a work of art. The pool was
- wonderful hotel - We booked for 1 family room for our family with 3 adults and