Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Formerly : Excelsior
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (4363)
November 26, 2010
Central location and close to all you need to see
Overall cannot complain. Central to the big tourist attractions of night light in the city with some awesome views to be had. Facilities meet the requirement but there was an empty feeling with the stay. They should consider thoughtful lighting for this aspect of it.
Be sure to check out Singapore Botanical Gardens- the Orchids are nicely done. Weather well its always hot hey but there are distincetive seasons. hot hot - July and Subtropicals December catch a cab and it saves you alot of hassles. Cabbies are also helpful.
November 26, 2010
Nice location but small rooms & bed
The hotel was conveniently located near the city hall mrt and very accessible. I didn't expect the room and the bed to be that small compared to the one I saw in the internet. The airconditioning unit is not functioning well at night time. It's so hot. The bathtub is not very well made as the water splashes out of it when you use the shower.
November 26, 2010
Decent hotel in good location for a good price
Rooms are spacious, walking distance to Clarke Quay
Generally my stay was pleasant as the rooms were modern and spacious and the hotel is at a good location. I thought the hotel generally was clean and comfortable. The bed was a king size bed however it was a bit too soft. It's great that the hotel included free internet with the room.
However, do not order food from room service as they are not capable of making any decent hotel quality food. I ordered the fish & chips, caesar salad, and iced lemon tea. The fish & chips were breaded and dry and they gave me thousand island sauce instead of tartar sauce, very disappointing. The caesar salad was very soggy and watery, the salad dressing did not taste like caesar at all. They even screwed up the iced lemon tea, which should be relatively simple.
Definitely take a stroll to Clarke Quay, which is about 5-10 mins away. It's very beautiful with the lights on while you're walking along the river.
November 26, 2010
Many shops - Funan Electronic Center just next door
booked under agoda, which said breakfast was included, but apparently they were giving away free breakfastes on their own accord.
room is normal, maybe abit dated, but no complaints there. TV was abit fuzzy though, they need to get themselves some samsung LED teevees.
the view was quite disappointing, but not important i guess.
swimming pool is great, ice cold water, free apples, underwater music.
location is perfect, 10mins walk from MBS. On top of marina square practically and minutes away from the esplanade.
room service is prompt and helpful.
and that breakfast i almost didnt get? wasnt too shabby by most peoples standards.
Do check out Funan digital center next door.
November 24, 2010
Good hotel with good overall service
It was an excellent location for the business conference
Overall a very pleasnt hotel with friendly staff. I would be inclined to only use this hotel however as a business hotel. If I was going to Singapore for shopping I'd be more inclined to stay nearer to Orchard Road. That being said the Hotel was well run and over a very pleasant experience. I would be happy to stay here again
Hotel Feature Tip:
Very convenient for business in Marina Bay area and if going to the Casino
November 24, 2010
Great location . Loved the large room on 16 floor
Convenience ,friendly staff and price.
This was the 3rd stop over and would recommend it as a comfortable and convenient place to stay in Singapore. Two pools and usable gym . Will stay there next time too.
Night Safari is a must. Is bookable fom the hotel as are other trips.
November 23, 2010
We spend 6 days for business in this hotel. It good location, near city hall mrt, helpful for us to travel around Singapore. We satisfied
November 21, 2010
Great location, great staff
Reception stff was great, got room upgraded to a more spacious one. Had a lovely stay!Thanks.
November 21, 2010
A very location and heart of singapore for tourism to do sighseeing and shopping around citihall, marina square. easy access mtr to orchard for shopping paradise. to bugis mrt is pretty easy as well. for business travellers, is a good choice to stay in this hotel as the convenience of transportation of mrt and taxi easily access at the area. the hotel dining is good choice in the hotel too.
November 21, 2010
Great location for a decent hotel
location, close to funan center, friendly staff
We chose those hotel primarily for the location. Its right next to the funan center, the hotel is also walking distance from the raffles mall loaded with good places to wine and dine.
The hotel itself does the job, its no mandarin hotel or better, but the rooms were clean and had everything you could ask for. Service was also friendly and in general it was a pleasant ambience.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Peninsula Excelsior Hotel, Singapore
- "convenient location" - Convenient location, with nearby convenience store, stalls,
- 10 night in Singapore~(Peninsula Excelsior Hotel) - They were really nice when we check-in. However, when checki
- 2008 visit - The Peninsular is in a good location. Buses run in the next
- 3 star hotel masquerading as a 4 star - The Peninsula is a well located hotel with everything you co
- A clean and cozy hotel at the heart of the city! - The hotel room is newly renovated and well-interiored. Our
- a convenient hotel next to city hall station - as i reserved the hotel in easter holiday, the price is high
- A nice hotel in a very good location... - a bit pricey considering there is no extra complimentary wif
- A nice hotel with convenient location - The staff was helpful and the hotel is situation in a very g
- A night at Peninsula Excelsior Hotel - This is the second time me staying at Peninsula Excelsior Ho
- A pleasant stay! - Staffs were friendly enough to try their best to allocate us
- A view of old Singapore meeting new - we had a seven night stay in what should be the best hotel i
- A well run hotel, a few minutes from the MRT - Clean well maintained rooms. Nothing spectacular, no special
- Amazing hotel! - After staying in several hotels in Singapore over the last c
- As usual it was a pleasant experience - I stay at this hotel often as it is my company's preferred h
- Average - Make sure u check the address for this hotel, it is not in m
- Awesome view at the Peninsula - This was my second trip to Singapore and I chose to stay at
- awesome - To receive an additional 500 Rewards points, all you need to
- basic hotel good location - We had a nice stay at this hotel, the rooms were small and b
- Be careful with exchange rate - The location is convenient for all type of travelers. The pr
- Big rooms, but no internet! - Its a nice hotel, great location, walking distance to Clarke
- Business stay in Singapore - On arrival I the check-in process was fast and efficent and
- Business Trip - have a comfortable & pleasant between the business trip
- Central location and close to all you need to see - Overall cannot complain. Central to the big tourist attracti
- Centrally located - arrived early but was able to check-in at 12 noon. assigned
- city stay -
- Clean and not far from City Center - Hotel is suitable for both business and sighseeing.
- club rooms, value for money - nice room, clean, spacious rooms, and super view over marina
- Comfortable hotel close to MTR - My family just came back from Maldives and had a layover nig
- Comfortable - Peninsula Excelsior is two separate towers. We stayed at th
- Convenience location with very good room - Good location, close to shopping mall and MTR. Many food sho
- Convenient but poor facilities - It is convenient and located between two Metro. No internet
- Convenient location, mediocre service - On the plus side, the hotel is in an excellent location, wal
- Cosy hotel with clean rooms - Booked a 1 night stay at the hotel and was given a free upgr
- Decent hotel, reasonable service. - Was booked into a deluxe room but as the hotel had overbooke
- decent rooms with good location - the room is ok, although the noise of outside (maybe the AC)
- Decent, well run, affordable hotel - had a comfortable four day stay and the hotel does everythin
- Disatisfied and disappointed w my stay -
- Disatisfied on hotel room - No air conditioning when I stepped in the room. Bed mattrie
- Evaluation - The hotel is very close to most attraction, MRT and shopping
- Excellent location and affordable prices - We stayed at the Peninsula Excelsior for 2 nights. It is ver
- Excellent Location, Quality Room - We stayed premier room in Peninsula building, smartly renova
- Excellent room and hotel environment - For some reason, i believe i had a larger room than usual. E
- Excelsior frustration - See my above comments.
I have stayed frequently at this hot
- expensive to low quality - not really liking Excelsior tower. guests can stay either in
- Fair deal for good hotel - Hotel is next to Riffle place, Robinson shopping mall...good
- Fantastic area, gorgeous hotel....love it!! - so romatic, right at center of the city, easy transport, bea
- Fantastic location, average rooms, good bathroom - Two visits in close succession, both really good.
- Fantastic, cool. - Friendly service, clean bathroom and bed sheets, free wifi
- Flea Market atmosphere, though in a great location - It was a disaster in the check in at the front desk in a lo
- Free Upgrade - the deluxe rooms were overbooked when we arrived, so we got
- Good corner room but hotel a little old and dated. - i was given a very smelly room when first arrived, asked to
- Good deal Agoda - Typical Singapore hotel. Too small, too expensive and they w
- Good Experience - I found Peninsula Excelsior Hotel, a true international hote
- Good for business travellers - Once all rooms are refurnished i think there would be no con
- Good hotel and close to Marina bay exhibition cent - Good hotel for business, location is good and easy to connec
- Good hotel and great locations. - Nice hotel near to main places to know in Singapore. Clean a
- good hotel close to underground rail line - We were given a room with distance harbour view. Hotel staff
- Good Hotel! - hotel is in a very accessible location. had an easy checked-
- Good hotel, very good location but small rooms - Rooms were good, with all the amenities we required, even ha
- Good Hotel - for business stay is good, near mrt station, and a lot of fo
- Good hotel - I had good stay at the hotel.
Availed internet and it was g
- good hotel - i stay during fasting month, hotel cannot provide early brea
- Good location and nice service - The hotel is located in center of city area. It was really c
- Good location and service. Poor bed, breakfast - i found the hotel to be fair value for the area, but with an
- good location and small room hotel - Hotel has a very good location, near City Hall MTR station.
- Good location but overall very disappointing - my wife and i were holidaying with 2 other couples. we each
- Good location but quality is just OK - Overall I would say it was just OK. I really don't like the
- Good location but roooms were old and beds small - Pool and gym ok
- good location but small room - located at central area with good deal for the hotel room. t
- Good Location for shopping and tour - Clean rooms. Hotel Staffs are friendly and accommodating. W
- Good location for shopping - I arrived very early in the morning and check-in time was no
- Good location handy to all parts of city - hotel located close to mrt making getting around the city a
- Good location with small upgraded rooms - It is walking distance to boat quay, clarke quay, marina san
- good location, big rooms - great location, close to mrt (on the airport line) or easy t
- good location, clean rooms but a bit small - friendly staff. comfortable beds. shower was very strong but
- Good location, friendly staff. -
- Good location, friendly staff - Very enjoyable stay,friendly staff, clean room. Although we
- good location, good room, good service - quiet good, have a pleasant stay there. staff in the front d
- Good location, good service - room was quite adequate without being spacious. staff were
- Good Location, Poor Breakfast Service - Don't bother with breakfast service. Food is really poor and
- Good location, room size good, very small bathroom - The room did have a strange smell about it and for a 4* it
- Good location, - walking distance to Singapore River and marina bay sands.
- Good location..this is the only positive point.. - i stayed 2 nights in a twin room in excelsior tower and ver
- Good Location - After a date mixup with our reservation (our own fault) staf
- Good location - Good location. Breakfast was Ok.
- Good location - Hotel location is great. Room and services are ok. It is not
- Good location - I have felt that this is a good for business and sightseeing
- Good Location - Stayed here many times since the 90sand has always been a re
- Good Service and nice Room - I stay 4 nights,very good and nice Time at Singapore.
- Good service with well decoration - It is such a good hotel with very good service. Location is
- Good Service, Great Loacation - The Hotel is in a great location close to lots of attraction
- good value for money - The hotel has great location, its near MRT its also near man
- Good value for Singapore - No complaints about this hotel if you are just looking for a
- Good value in Singapore - somewhat misled by hotel name when i booked this. definitely
- good value - as a frequest traveller, i look for cleanliness, good lighti
- Good - Good all around hotel. Been there many times.
- Great environment and friendly staff - Excellent location although the building look a little rundo
- great hotel great location - This hotel had a excellent rooms in a heart of business area
- Great hotel in an excellent location - the location of the hotel was very convenient to the mrt and
- Great Hotel, Tremendous view - I was very impressed by the hotel. Very good value for mon