Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1210)
Families with young children
October 21, 2012
Octopus Location & Dolphine Services
Great location, best services + nice breakfast + self-laundry facility
One of the best hotel for travellers.
The location of hotel is superb, you can travel easily to all the main sightseeing and attraction places by walking distance or subway e.g. "Blue House, Gyeongbok Palace, Insadong, Dongdaemun etc. In addition, the airport express bus stop is just 5 minute walking distance from hotel. It operates daily from 0430 to 0200; in every 15 minutes.
The hotel staffs are well-trained with helpful and friendly + english speaking. You may get any travel info you want from them without spending your time to visit for tourist info centre.
Free wifi - you can update your photo daily after the trip.
We love the breakfast we had at this hotel (some dish/food specially prepared for kid. The chef is a star. With having this great breakfast, we always in a good and awesome start for our trip everyday.
Travelling with kid (2+ yr old), you can easily manage your laundry after your daily trip. It is cheap (Washing & drying only costs KRW 3,000 + Iron (self) FOC) and convenient (24 hours).
Nearby attraction : Insadong Shopping street + Jongno
October 20, 2012
Small hotel. Small lobby a little bit overpriced
Clean rooms, location is ok
Hotel is very small, rooms are small too. For the same proce you can get better rooms in this area. I only spend one night there ans i was ready to go. Breakfast was really bad.
Location is near Insadong area but not the best area.
October 20, 2012
Very pleasant but not for business
The hotel was very pleasant. Staff helpful when the televison did not work and the manager offered to help when I found there was no Microsoft products on the computers provided. The rooms are very clean. Despite its advertising as a business hotel, it is more for travellers. For example, the tarrif card offered hire of laptops but this was not available when I asked. I would have expected Microsoft Office available on the computer.
October 20, 2012
Loved that comments were taken seriously and solutions found
Together with my cousin, we checked into Doulos Hotel on the 13th of Oct 2012, the place is not difficult to find, just follow instructions posted on blogs and hotel website. It is mid point along a small alley which specialises in shops making plaques and trophies, quite a safe little alley, of course, as under all circumstances, apply common sense.
We shared a deluxe twin room which isn't very big, but comfortable enough for the both of us with our luggages, the bathroom with its longbath cum shower facilities, is clean with towels and toiletries replenished daily.
Should there be a point of contention, it would have to be the breakfast buffet, the range is rather limited and after 3 days, it gets very boring. That said, the lady in daily attendence is a sweet dear, she ensured that I had a daily supply of orange slices (she asked the chef to cut up more if there wasn't any left in the fruit bowl), when she realised that I needed them to shake off my allergy.
My allergy flared up the moment I stepped into the room and stayed overnight, stopped when I left for my sightseeing and returned the moment I stepped into the room again. I commented to the front desk that the room needed extra cleaning as there must be some dust mites to which I have a sensitivity. That was taken care of immediately and for the remaining stay, I was mostly allergy free. Appreciate them taking our personal needs into consideration and do whatever they can. Though English was not eloquently spoken, communication was never an issue.
The subway,our main mode of transport, is easily accessible. (There is a short cut from the hotel). It is an interchange for 3 lines, (1,3 and 5). Walking to Insadong and Cheongyeyeon stream was a breeze with food stalls, restaurants and cafes nearby. Myeongdong and Dongdaemum are also walkable, though we favoured the metro.
All in all, it was a pleasant stay, great location and very reasonably priced, I will stay with them again should I revisit Se
October 20, 2012
Great location; Hotel staff were friendly
The room was rather small - with both luggages open and laid flat on the floor, you'd have no space to walk. No closet was available; 3 hangers were provided but there was barely space to hang clothes. The air-conditioning broke down, so the room was really stuffy. Luckily the Hotel staff could find a portable fan for us, but that made our room even squeezier.
3 mins walk to the Jongnosam-ga Subway Station; 15 mins waalk to Gyeongbokgung Palace; 15-20 mins walk to Myeongdong. lots of cafes, restaurants and retail stores in a 15-min-walk radius.
United States of America,
October 19, 2012
Great location but small room
It was nice stay even room was small
Nice and clean staffs were kind
October 19, 2012
Super small room
Friendly staff. Bad location
Hotel is in a neighborhood which does prints and name tags. One has to navigate some small alleys to get to the hotel. Not able to see from hotel for Main Street. Closest subway station is not accessible to other sights. The other subway station: Euljiro is some 300 meters away
Please take the green line even though its some distance away...at lead you do not have to navigate the underground walkways like some lost mouse
October 19, 2012
The premier room is the bees they have got. Book this and nothing less. This is a least more decent in this hotel where the location is bad. Not really accessible and not man taxi drivers know of the place
October 18, 2012
close to main tourist spot and good price/quality
close to main touristic areas, quality/price is excellent, good english level, close to restaurants
+ : close to main touristic areas, quality/price is excellent, good english level, close to restaurants
- : small room, "hard" to find but easy with a map or instrution you can find in tripadvisor review
= will definitely go there again
i stayed 2 nights in a deluxe room for usd per night
the hotel is close to many touristic area (15 min max by walk) and is close to a subway station (2 min) to go farer if necessary.
the room is clean and modern, it has a comfortable bed and make this hotel perfect to sleep in for a stay in seoul. maybe business pple will need more services which are good enough but not complete for demanding people.
TIP 1: look on tripadvisor for advice and pictures on how to find easily the hotel from the subway or the airport shuttle stop. The street is small but w/ picture, easy to find
TIP 2: take subway or shuttle bus from the airport. It is about same time. Bus advantage is that you can see the city and does not need to carry your luggage (i think seoul subway have a lot of stairs (not mecanical)). Subway is maybe quicker during traffic peak
TIP 3: there is a big restaurant area where you will find all style of korean dish. To go there, turn left when going out from the hotel. Go straight and cross the big main street. It's there! not farer than 6 min walk
Families with young children
October 17, 2012
Good location but small rooms
The location and breakfast is good, but rooms are really small. My friends booked in a standard double, we booked in a deluxe double. I cannot tell the difference. Anyway, concerning the price and service, i would say it's a nice choice. But next time, i will choose premier deluxe room as we are travelling with little baby.
Hotel Feature Tip:
The hotel charged us per night for kids elder than 2 year old.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Doulos Hotel, Seoul
- A Little Hidden Gem - Although, the hotel can be a little challenging to find at f
- A New Business Hotel in Seoul - Don't think of arriving to this hotel by Metro, you will nee
- A small but clean hotel with good location - I have joyful stay at Doulos hotel. It's quite clean and sme
- awesome gem - loved the hotel. it was safe clean and in the best part of s
- Business Hotel - The Doulos calls itself a business hotel and this is an indi
- Central air-conditioning - charge for late checkou - central air-conditioning: if the outside temperature is belo
- charming, but a bit tight! - Quite nice on the whole in spite of the small room. Everythi
- Clean and Cozy Hotel with excellent location - We stayed here for six nights, customer service is excellent
- Clean but small - the hotel was quite hard to find, as the streets that were o
- cozy and calm hotel - The location is little tricky but overall it's good for trav
- Cute clean hotel for the price - Clean, excellent location, good service. Other folks trying
- Decent hotel but small rooms - I have read about the raves about this hotel and was pretty
- Doulos Hotel -
- Doulos Hotel - My room was not too bad and kept quite clean.
For the pric
- Excellent location - I was impressed with the Polite front line officers who cour
- Fantastic location with nice cosy rooms - Rooms were small but clean and cosy. Good if you are there j
- Gem in an Alley - If you want to stay in a central location, this hotel is ide
- Good and clean Hotel. - We arrived the Hotel at 8am, but there is no empty room for
- good location and sweet hotel - the hotel has good location,clean rooms,nice breakfast,kindl
- Good location but small room. - Hotel location is very convenient. Room is just enough for o
- Good location with English speaking front desk - Within walking distance to Insadong, arts and cultural distr
- Good stay - this is my second stay in Doulos hotel. Because its location
- Good value for money in great location. - Although a very small room, it was clean and functional and
- Good Value for the money - Was good value for money and nice people. I enjoyed staying
- Great Hotel , interesting location - this hotel is nestled away in the back end of the shinjuku l
- Great hotel with smallish rooms - The Doulos hotel is very conveniently located in downtown Se
- Great hotel! - This hotel is conveniently situated within Jongno-ru area an
- great location very small rooms - we booked a deluxe room but hardly had space for our luggage
- great location and clean hotel - it was a pleasant stay in this hotel. overall i would stay h
- Great location but small room - The hotel was overall fine. Although the room is quite small
- great location but small rooms - conveniant location , walk to many interest place,small
- Great location but small rooms - Hotel is clean with Free wifi, it is great of value.
- Great location but small rooms - room is small but location is good! nice food stalls around
- Great location small clean room great staff - A little difficult to find but gem when found location is gr
- Great location with lovely staff - very good value - Some difficulty with English but the staff try really hard.
- Great location with warm/helpful service provide - It was my first trip to korea and this hotel was an affordab
- great location, but small - other than it is too small for 2, like it very much
- Great Location - A clean hotel with a great location :)A hotel with a very go
- Great Location - Hotel was small but nice. Service was good and the staff was
- Great service but tiny rooms - Great hotel staff / service and everything you "need" in a h
- great stay at doulos hotel - we had a great stay at doulos hotel. the location is great,
- Had a fine stay at this hotel. -
- Highly recommended. Staff super friendly - i've stayed at this hotel twice now and haven't been disappo
- it was compact. but everything furnished. - actually, i enjoied this hotel. yes, it was not easy to find
- lovely hotel great location - we loved our stay at the doulos hotel. it was a little hard
- Lovely hotel -
- nice business hotel - clean and nice business hotel, near metro and bus station
- Nice hidden hotel with great service - I stayed here recently for three nights in March 2011. The h
- Nice Hotel with very kind service - we stayed there in october 2010 for 8 days. The location is
- Nice hotel, good location - A little difficult to find at first, it's down a tiny lane w
- nice staff and refine small hotel - I stayed one week in this hotel which is impressed me. Every
- Octopus Location & Dolphine Services - One of the best hotel for travellers.
The location of hotel
- Really same with the business hotel in Japan - This hotel is located near the station of subway, and good p
- Recommand to others - Doulos Hotel is the best hotel I had been staying in Seoul a
- simple yet great location - Staff are very helpful and informative. although the room is
- Small business hotel centrally located in alley - Hotel is centrally located near insadong and gwanghwamun. Ea
- Small hotel room with non flexible staff - We were a bit disappointed with the hotel's performance as i
- Small quiet hotel in the city centre - Very quiet small hotel in the city centre, Insadong is 5 min
- small room with hotel's good location - Actually, its hard to find this hotel for the first time. Bu
- Spoiled us for the rest of Korea - Kicked off our trip in Seoul with the Doulos and it spoiled
- the best hotel to live in Seoul - we love staying at Doulos Hotel. Definitely will stay here a
- the location is good but the room size too small - the breakfast no more choice...and the wesite can clear to s
- Value for Money - We were a bit apprehensive about finding the hotel from the
- Very clean, but tiny room, wonderful location! - We echo all of the comments already made about this hotel -
- very jgood breakfast and nice staff. - It is good to stay, I will go again for next trip.
- Very nice but very small - Good for one person but two people in the standard room is n