Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Jongro / Insadong
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1209)
June 20, 2011
great location and clean hotel
it was a pleasant stay in this hotel. overall i would stay here again and recommend others as well. The only thing is the room is too small.
June 18, 2011
Nice Hotel but lousy location
Nice interior, staff are friendly and helpful
this hotel is pretty decent for the price we pay and the staff are nice and friendly.
the only complaint i have is the location of the hotel.
it is a distant away from the metro/train, and there's no cab around the area.
it is quite hard to find this hotel cause it is tucked inside a dark alley.
(it is quite scary at night cause i was traveling with another female friend and it was very late when we came back from dongdamum)
(also, the breakfast for the hotel is from 7-8am only.... my friend and me couldnt wake up for it at all)
June 16, 2011
Nice, good value hotel in good location
Nicely decorated rooms with lots of amenities, good breakfast included, good location for visiting Seoul
This is a very good hotel for all the reasons stated above. The only real problem with it is the location: while good in terms of where it is in relation to the rest of Seoul, it is on a kind of backstreet with lots of downmarket motels, off a busier main street, the kind of place you'll find drunk businessmen staggering out of restaurants and bars. It's not dangerous or threatening, just not that nice (but fine during the day). The room is quite small so the walls were a bit scuffed from people's suitcases, but overall the room was clean and in good condition.
Hotel Feature Tip:
The taxi driver, even when provided with an address in Korean, couldn't find the place and had to make numerous phone calls (even though he had satnav). Print out a map if you plan on taking a taxi to the hotel. The hotel should probably put instructions on their website in Korean to show to taxi drivers, but I couldn't find any when I looked.
June 11, 2011
stayed on 8th floor, good hotel overall.
very clean room and well serviced
would stay again. no wifi to room but broadband connection available plus 2 computers on 2nd floor available for a nominal sum.
Families with young children
June 10, 2011
Cramped Boutique/ Traveller's Hotel
we stayed at the duolos hotel for 3 nights. staff spoke very limited (or no) english. we had to struggle to gesticulate and write down whenever we had questions or issues with the room. staff was polite and tried to be helpful nonetheless. the room is incredibly small. the main room door opens to a immediate bathroom and a bed to the left of the room, with very little walking space. our lugguage had to be stowed under the small writing desk. the rooms are modestly furnished and the bathrooms are clean. our entire room was approximately 100 sq ft in total, including the bath room space. you are use the comuputers on the 2nd floor for free.
breakfast is in a conference-type room facing a stage. you enter the room from a door behind a stage. then you walk down the flight of stairs to the seating area.
the hotel is located in the middle of a dark alleyway, which is quite scary if you are new. it takes some getting used to.
June 04, 2011
Great hotel; good location but unsightly access
Nice, basic business hotel with full breakfast included. Good value for money, and convenient to both Seoul subway and airport bus.
we booked a deluxe double room, counting on table with chairs as in photo, but these weren't there. so the room was much smaller and narrower than advertised. i don't know if we got ripped off or not, since i didn't see any rooms with table/chairs, but it was still good value for money. the staff said 80% of their visitors are japanese, but we saw few, and all notices are posted in english. washer/ dryer/ iron in basement were much appreciated. the downside was the location in a neighborhood of small trophy/medal shops with narrow lanes and difficult car access. our korean friends who came to pick us up did not like it at all. but the subway (chongno-samga) was only a block away, as was the airport bus drop-off the bus stop returning to the airport was across the main street and down a bit, but easy with the luggage.
June 03, 2011
Great service, convenient location
Close to airport bus and metro. Lots of places to eat very close by
The rooms are very small, even in the deluxe double, but the service and effective air conditioning makes up for it. The bathroom is a good size, breakfast is OK.
The location might be a bit off-putting for those who haven't stayed in Asia before. It is in a small laneway, reached by even smaller laneways which house trophy suppliers and local eating places; for some of them the title 'restaurant' would be a little ambitioius. The easiest way to find the hotel is to go to the intersection , in the direction the airport bus came from, turn left , walk a bit past the food stalls, turn left at the next alley/street, walk along and the Doulos is there on your right. You can get there by wending your way through alleys, but this way is not really much longer and is much easier for the first time with your luggage.
The metro is next to the bus stop and is very convenient, however, there are a lot of steps and no lift/escalator, so those with stair problems would find it difficult.
I would certainly stay there again, the staff are friendly, service is excellent and the price is good. There are so many restaurants in the area it is hard to choose.
June 01, 2011
clean,fresh, excellent staff
the a/c worked well, the entire hotel from lobby to lift, breakfast, bedlinen, towels and room was very good. room was small but very very clean and fresh, so, i found nothing to compromise.
although, the hotel is situated around many shops the taxi driver found it. its got good location to main road, sub way, buses, shopping, food places etc. at night, enter the hotel access from the main road, as the by-lanes are secluded as all shops are closed. its a very safe area, as we were two girls traveling alone.
May 30, 2011
Great Location, Good Service
Near to JongNo 3 ga Subway Station, approachable by Airport Limousine Bus, Walking distance to tourist attraction
Great hotel with very best location. Good budget hotel with great cleaniness and staff's service. Hotel staff can speak english and able to provide good guidance when request. Standard breakfast every morning (I stay for 6 days and feel a bit of disgusting eating same thing every day). The room is small but good enough to have a tight sleep. TV, fridge, hair blower and bath tub provided.
Walking distance to Tapgol Park, Insadong, MyeongDong, and JongNo 3 Ga Subway station which has 3 transit line to travel to other places easily. Lots of shops around the hotel, as well as restaurant.
Do some research on how to go to tourist attraction by subway when you stay at this hotel, it can easily approach to your destination by using subway.
I have travelled with my wife to MyeongDong and DongDaemon by walking; and travelled to Seoul Grand Park, Seoul Land, 63 Building, Palace, Lotte World and etc by taking Subway.
May 29, 2011
Great location but small rooms
Very nice staff, although most spoke limited English, nice smell in the lobby area, great location near many attractions in Seoul
So, overall nice, pleasant, clean and inexpensive hotel, but they sure have to make some improvements.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Doulos Hotel, Seoul
- A Little Hidden Gem - Although, the hotel can be a little challenging to find at f
- A New Business Hotel in Seoul - Don't think of arriving to this hotel by Metro, you will nee
- A small but clean hotel with good location - I have joyful stay at Doulos hotel. It's quite clean and sme
- awesome gem - loved the hotel. it was safe clean and in the best part of s
- Business Hotel - The Doulos calls itself a business hotel and this is an indi
- Central air-conditioning - charge for late checkou - central air-conditioning: if the outside temperature is belo
- charming, but a bit tight! - Quite nice on the whole in spite of the small room. Everythi
- Clean and Cozy Hotel with excellent location - We stayed here for six nights, customer service is excellent
- Clean but small - the hotel was quite hard to find, as the streets that were o
- cozy and calm hotel - The location is little tricky but overall it's good for trav
- Cute clean hotel for the price - Clean, excellent location, good service. Other folks trying
- Decent hotel but small rooms - I have read about the raves about this hotel and was pretty
- Doulos Hotel -
- Doulos Hotel - My room was not too bad and kept quite clean.
For the pric
- Excellent location - I was impressed with the Polite front line officers who cour
- Fantastic location with nice cosy rooms - Rooms were small but clean and cosy. Good if you are there j
- Gem in an Alley - If you want to stay in a central location, this hotel is ide
- Good and clean Hotel. - We arrived the Hotel at 8am, but there is no empty room for
- good location and sweet hotel - the hotel has good location,clean rooms,nice breakfast,kindl
- Good location but small room. - Hotel location is very convenient. Room is just enough for o
- Good location with English speaking front desk - Within walking distance to Insadong, arts and cultural distr
- Good stay - this is my second stay in Doulos hotel. Because its location
- Good value for money in great location. - Although a very small room, it was clean and functional and
- Good Value for the money - Was good value for money and nice people. I enjoyed staying
- Great Hotel , interesting location - this hotel is nestled away in the back end of the shinjuku l
- Great hotel with smallish rooms - The Doulos hotel is very conveniently located in downtown Se
- Great hotel! - This hotel is conveniently situated within Jongno-ru area an
- great location very small rooms - we booked a deluxe room but hardly had space for our luggage
- great location and clean hotel - it was a pleasant stay in this hotel. overall i would stay h
- Great location but small room - The hotel was overall fine. Although the room is quite small
- great location but small rooms - conveniant location , walk to many interest place,small
- Great location but small rooms - Hotel is clean with Free wifi, it is great of value.
- Great location but small rooms - room is small but location is good! nice food stalls around
- Great location small clean room great staff - A little difficult to find but gem when found location is gr
- Great location with lovely staff - very good value - Some difficulty with English but the staff try really hard.
- Great location with warm/helpful service provide - It was my first trip to korea and this hotel was an affordab
- great location, but small - other than it is too small for 2, like it very much
- Great Location - A clean hotel with a great location :)A hotel with a very go
- Great Location - Hotel was small but nice. Service was good and the staff was
- Great service but tiny rooms - Great hotel staff / service and everything you "need" in a h
- great stay at doulos hotel - we had a great stay at doulos hotel. the location is great,
- Had a fine stay at this hotel. -
- Highly recommended. Staff super friendly - i've stayed at this hotel twice now and haven't been disappo
- it was compact. but everything furnished. - actually, i enjoied this hotel. yes, it was not easy to find
- lovely hotel great location - we loved our stay at the doulos hotel. it was a little hard
- Lovely hotel -
- nice business hotel - clean and nice business hotel, near metro and bus station
- Nice hidden hotel with great service - I stayed here recently for three nights in March 2011. The h
- Nice Hotel with very kind service - we stayed there in october 2010 for 8 days. The location is
- Nice hotel, good location - A little difficult to find at first, it's down a tiny lane w
- nice staff and refine small hotel - I stayed one week in this hotel which is impressed me. Every
- Octopus Location & Dolphine Services - One of the best hotel for travellers.
The location of hotel
- Really same with the business hotel in Japan - This hotel is located near the station of subway, and good p
- Recommand to others - Doulos Hotel is the best hotel I had been staying in Seoul a
- simple yet great location - Staff are very helpful and informative. although the room is
- Small business hotel centrally located in alley - Hotel is centrally located near insadong and gwanghwamun. Ea
- Small hotel room with non flexible staff - We were a bit disappointed with the hotel's performance as i
- Small quiet hotel in the city centre - Very quiet small hotel in the city centre, Insadong is 5 min
- small room with hotel's good location - Actually, its hard to find this hotel for the first time. Bu
- Spoiled us for the rest of Korea - Kicked off our trip in Seoul with the Doulos and it spoiled
- the best hotel to live in Seoul - we love staying at Doulos Hotel. Definitely will stay here a
- the location is good but the room size too small - the breakfast no more choice...and the wesite can clear to s
- Value for Money - We were a bit apprehensive about finding the hotel from the
- Very clean, but tiny room, wonderful location! - We echo all of the comments already made about this hotel -
- very jgood breakfast and nice staff. - It is good to stay, I will go again for next trip.
- Very nice but very small - Good for one person but two people in the standard room is n