Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Jongro / Insadong
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1204)
March 23, 2011
Very good hotel
Location is strategic, staffs are good and kind
Location of this hotel is very good, near to MRT and bus station, easy to go for shoppong at Insadong area.
Staffs are very kind and helpful, try to fit requests we need.
Room is small, but is clean and tidy.
Air condition system is central controlled, so actually we can't control the temperature in room.
It is so easy to go for any attraction places from the hotel because it is so near to "Jongro 3 ga" station. It is near Tapgol Park where you can take shuttle bus to Namiseon Island, at Insadong, can buy sourveniors and handmade crafts. 5-10 min walks to Deoksugung, 15-20 min walks to Gyeongbukgung, Myeongdung. It is a very good palce to stay.
March 20, 2011
Comfy and convenient but tiny room
Location is very convenient
Although the rooms were small, the hotel was comfy and a decent price. It's a little back from the main street and if you were on your own you may feel a little intimidated as it is down some alleys, or a dark street with Love hotels on. The staff were friendly and the wifi was good.
United States of America,
March 19, 2011
Nice hotel, great location, and good value
Clean, comfortable rooms; good free breakfast, good location
All in all, a very nice hotel with friendly staff. Rooms are very small, but considering the cleanliness and price, is still a good value. My one pretty minor complaint is that the cleaning ladies seemed a little scatterbrained. Sometimes there was soap in my room, sometimes not. Sometimes the pillows were on the bed, sometimes they were stashed in the corner of the room.
Families with young children
March 18, 2011
Japanese speaking staff location
When we arrived at the bus stop close to the hotel it was a little difficult to see where the hotel actually was, but we had the printed map from the hotel website and were able to find the place in the dark within a couple of minutes. The staff were very friendly and were able to speak very good English and Japanese, which was excellent as we could ask them anything and they were able to help useasily. As there were three of us staying in one standard room, it was a little small for us all, but that is what we would expect from a business hotel, and so overall we were very happy with our stay at this hotel.
March 16, 2011
Good location once found.
Clean rooms with modern facilities. Staff very friendly. Free Internet. Free breakfast.
It took me a while to find the hotel as it is situated behind the busy road (Jong no Rd) but invisible when arriving with the Airport Limousine 6002 as it is actualy 100 meters directly behind the bus stop.
The staff was very friendly and the rooms, though small, had all the mod cons. The bathrooms was modern and clean and their were a lot of extra's like body lotion, toothbrushes, shavers, etc one would not expect in a 3 star hotel.
March 09, 2011
good location close to train station
nice rooms & close to trains
The hotel has nice rooms, small but well equipped. There is also computers with Internet access for guests' use available in a lounge. Breakfast is included in the room - simple Western breakfast with bread, fruit, salad, coffee and teas. There are also many restaurants and cafes in the area.
The location of the hotel is very convenient close to the train station, but one has to pass through some smaller back streets to get to the entrance. Although it is not too difficult to go to the hotel from the station finding it for the first time will take some time. Metro station and stop for the airport bus are within 5 minutes.
March 05, 2011
Nice hidden hotel with great service
Located close to subway station and restaurants, nice and friendly service, free internet
I stayed here recently for three nights in March 2011. The hotel was not that easy to locate as it is hidden in a back street. Don't let the location and surrounding shops fool you though, the interior of the hotel is very clean and modern.
The rooms were small but if all you're after is a bed and a bathroom, this is more than adequate. This next pro may not be significant for some people, but for people that needs access to the Internet, they had free broadband internet. Finding free internet in hotels is such a rare thing as a huge majority of hotels (especially 4+ star ones) charge extraordinary prices to use internet.
The staff were all very friendly and assisted with everything including booking tours etc.
Definitely recommend if all you need is a clean bed and bathroom at a very reasonable price.
If you're after nightlife around the hotel, then there isn't much. But a quick 10 minute stroll will get you to Myeongdong where it's all happening at night. However, there are many many restaurants around the hotel so finding a meal is not hard.
March 04, 2011
great location for first timer
the staff was very friendly.the location is just in the middle of town.but the room is quite small. still for me is a good hotel because of its location....
March 03, 2011
amazing location, easy access but..
it was delux type room. had small bathroom with bath tab.
Room was tiny but really clean.you can watch NHK tho.
Great point was free Internet from your room and Lounge.
free breakfast was ok.
Location was amazing. Easy access to everywhere.
Just thought this area is little surrounded by love hotels...
February 25, 2011
Room is not very big but pretty clean!
minimal design and cleanliness of the room
It's not the most convenient location for me, but I returned to the hotel a couple of times and everytime enjoyed my stay.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Doulos Hotel, Seoul
- 3 Star Hotel with Friendly Service - i would recommend this hotel for travelers who don't want to
- A cosy hotel which is conveniently located... - Less than 5mins walk to the train station if you go by the s
- A Gem of a hotel in Jungno Area of Seoul - I had an excellent stay at the Doulos. It is nestled in a me
- a great hotel in a great location - this hotel is great and i highly recommend it to anyone visi
- A little hard to find, but worth the price. - The rooms were great, a little on the small side, similar to
- Affordable rate with good service - I would recommend this hotel to any traveller for its hotel
- Attentive Staff - Together with my cousin, we checked into Doulos Hotel on the
- Basic Hotel with excellent Customer Services - clean room with all the necessary bathroom amenities, small
- best kept secret hotel in seoul - the hotel is truly a gem. it is one of the best kept secret
- Business Hotel - The room is very small and cleanliness done very well. The o
- Clean hotel with very helpful staff - the hotel is walking distance to myeongdong palace, cheongye
- COmfortable a good location - My stay was comfortable and the hotel is centrally located
- Comfortable, friendly, generous, small clean room. - Wonderful experience.
Bedroom is small but very clean and w
- Compact, but comfortable. - While the rooms are indeed very small, if you're just there
- Convenience, clean and friendly - Quite a distance walk from subway station to the hotel, but
- Convenient location - Overall a very good experience. Staff were nice and helpful,
- convenient location - The rooms are small but clean and is convenient located near
- Cosy hotel, convenient location - this was probably my 6th time staying at doulos hotel. it's
- Cozy room, Good Service, Not so bad location - Room was not ready when I check-in. Open up the door to see
- Cramped Boutique/ Traveller's Hotel - we stayed at the duolos hotel for 3 nights. staff spoke very
- Decent location. Avoid if you stay more than 1 day - rooms very small ,tv old and junky, tv programing lousy ( ma
- Doulos Hotel, -
- Doulos Hotel - For the price the hotel is a great place to stay in Seoul. I
- Excellent hotel, great location, small rooms - Doulos Hotel is located near some small alleys so you might
- Excellent hotel - I enjoyed my stay at the Doulos. The hotel was perfectly com
- Excellent service and location - Hotel is inside a small street and it's hard to find for the
- Fab location near the Subway Interchange - Excellent location in Seoul. Its about 50m away from Jong No
- Friendly and Helpful Staff - this is the second time we stayed at doulos hotel and we rea
- Friendly service but rather small rooms - great value for money. breakfast was a bonus and was surpri
- Friendly staff and excellent location - Really nice stay! The staff were friendly and helped me with
- Friendly staff, fantastic location! - This hotel's main plus point is its location. Located very n
- good hotel, good communication - clean, comfortable, modern style room, very good & kind rece
- Good hotel - The hotel is located near the metro station. It takes around
- good location with good breakfast - a very nice hotel with warm hospitality ,though the room is
- Good location, clean room and great service - Convenient location as the hotel is located near the airport
- Good price and location - I had to stay at a hotel because my apartment had a leak in
- Great central hotel in Seoul Town - Nice little hotel that is close to everything, also 50 meter
- Great hotel with excellent service - As per title, location is great. Within walking distances to
- great hotel,room a bit small. - near new hotel,friendly staff.
In a business area but close
- Great little hotel, kinda seedy location - We stayed here a single night before leaving out of Incheon
- Great location & service, rooms small but comfy - This little gem of a hotel is located 1 block behind the Jon
- Great location and breakfast but small rooms - Conveniently located in central district of Seoul.
- Great location and service! - We had a great stay and hotel doulos and will definitely rec
- Great location, Small Room but Clean - Doulos hotel has a strategic location where it is really in
- Great location - the hotel is well at the centre of the city. most of the urb
- Great - Great location. Cozy small hotel. Highly recommendable hotel
- Had a fine stay at this hotel. -
- Hard to find, but quite good hotel - Clean and nice room.
Small hotel. Little hidden, but in goo
- Marvellous location - if you are thinking of hanging around jongno area, the heart
- Nice business hotel in near a subway hub - Our room was quite small but conveniently located near the J
- Nice clean hotel - Great location as it is very easy to find once you get of th
- nice hotel - really enjoy staying in Doulos for 3 nights with family,
- Not value for money, room is so small - We stayed in Duolos for 3 nights. The staff were friendly bu
- Our three night stopover hotel - despite earlier critical reviews we found the rooms to be
- Perfect location and lovely room - we definitely recommend this hotel because:
- Pleasant Stay - The room was small but quiet and clean. I can understand th
- Quaint hotel in a great location - we have a great time! if you're looking for a budget hotel,
- Simple but great service and clean; nice location - Very comfortable and trouble-free. The hotel is very quiet a
- small hotel, great location - Airport shuttle is 5min walk. Hotel is bit inside the small
- Small hotel - Many taxi drivers do not know where the location of the hote
- Small room, but great staff - though room is small, the toilet is quite spacious compared
- Small rooms in down dark alley - Very rooms. Not much difference between deleux and regular r
- Small rooms, new but a little worn - The free buffet breakfast is pretty simple, and get there ea
- Small rooms - I was staying there for 4 nights. We had a hard time to find
- Super! - Great place to stay. Staff was very friendly, room was clean
- Very good hotel - Location of this hotel is very good, near to MRT and bus sta