Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
United States of America,
March 17, 2013
Historic palace with great views and staff
Location on the beach, breakfast buffet, wonderful staff
Our stay at the Mount Lavinia Hotel was awesome. The staff is courteous and friendly. The rooms are spacious and clean, and our room had a great view of the ocean sunset. The pool area is inviting and the pool itself immaculate. I definitely will be staying here on my next trip to Columbo.
March 15, 2013
view, location, appearance
March 15, 2013
March 13, 2013
home within hotel
friendly staff, perfectly clean, lovely food
This is our 5th visit to Sri Lanka and we always stay in Mount Lavinia when in Colombo. We love it, for although it is a big hotel, you have impression that you are the only guest. Everything is so easily accessable, staff extremly kind, helpful, it is pleasure to meet anyone in the premisses you will always receive a kind smile that makes your day bright. This is one of the rare hotels you will always return to.
March 09, 2013
Nice staff, a bit run-down.
Located at the beach, great fish resturant next door, nice staff
March 07, 2013
It was an OK stay
the position on the beach, classic architecture, valet parking
It was an OK stay the room was large with a sea view but the railway running right alongside did detract from the position.
The restaurant was again moderate, as vegetarians the choice of food was severely limited at the evening service even on the a la carte menu.
For breakfast it would have helped if the egg chef had listened to us when we asked for no meat in the omelette. As we live in Sri Lanka we can tell a good egg hopper from a mediocre one and the ones for breakfast were mediocre at best. We can rent our maid to give lessons if required. The waffles were good as was the fresh fruit.
Why does a five star hotel have to have a television in the bar why cannot it be in a side room where those who want to watch TV with a drink can go and not inflict sport on everyone.
March 07, 2013
beautiful heritage hotel with excellent dining
the staff, the quiet room with a great view, the food
My husband and I agree, our stay at the Mount Lavina Hotel was perfect! We had a beautiful view of the sea from our large, comfortable room with a balcony (the way the balconies are designed, you don’t even know if there’s someone in the room next to you, very private) … all the meals we ate were delicious ─ we tried the buffet but also ordered à la carte on several occasions, and were never disappointed… when we specified that we wanted our meals “not too spicy”, the chef always complied, concocting wonderful dishes that appealed to our North American tastes, with garlic, butter, onions and hints (and I mean hints, nothing overpowering) of cumin, coriander, etc. The pool area was lovely, the staff charming, and the entire place very clean. Highly recommended.
March 04, 2013
Wonderful colonial atmosphere of old Ceylon
beach location, wonderful friendly service, colonial architecture
old world charm with all modern amenities and excellent service
February 27, 2013
Memories of the British Colonial past
Perfect Location overlooking the ocean
Our treat at the end of our Sri Lankan holiday--and what a way to end!
Perfect setting overlooking the ocean. Great staff in old traditional uniform increased the ambiance. Fine dining with 5star service. To be highly recommended!
Families with older children
February 20, 2013
mount lavinia hotel is a historical building, very impressive. some rooms in need of renovation though. feels a bit old and tired. but...it's worth a stay! rooms on lower floors are disturbed by trains passing by behind the hotel. i think most of the rooms have nice sea views. main restaurant - breakfast very good selection - evening themed buffets also good. best dinner we had was at beachfront seafood cove - wonderful setting and food!
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Mount Lavinia Hotel, Colombo
- amazing location - We enjoyed great service. We enjoyed our stay ! The view is
- Beautiful Colonial Hotel - mount lavinia hotel is a home away from home ! we had a dire
- Big rooms but too far away from town - but feel a little cold during night, with just one sheet to
- Comfortable large room with a great view!! - It was ok. The decore of the room and bathroom were colonial
- Excellent hotel - the hotel and the facilities were excellent, apart from one
- fabulous hotel, amazing service and great food - i thoroughly enjoyedd my stay at the mount lavinia it was o
- for a bit of romance and history - it's a great option if you're not looking to stay in the hea
- good hotel - great location , superb hotel , friendly staff ,good rooms a
- Good service, good location and lovely building - Very clean room, crispy sheets and air conditioning....lovel
- Good - This hotel is very wonderful. Wonderful ocean view and food.
- Grand Colonial Style, friendly hotel - What I always enjoy the most at Mount Lavinia, is the 90 min
- Great colonial-style hotel with lovely service - Lovely hotel, great view of the beach strip all the way down
- Great historic hotel - Really enjoyed this hotel. Location on the
beach, great vi
- Great Hotel to relax - lovely view of the ocean - we love this hotel - our room faces the ocean and we enjoyed
- Great views from bedrooms - we appreciated their food and drink, although the service wa
- Great Views, Great Breakfast, Nice Rooms - Great as Usual.
- Historic palace with great views and staff - Our stay at the Mount Lavinia Hotel was awesome. The staff i
- Historical hotel - don't mind the old rooms - It was in line with what we expected from a historical place
- Living up to your dreams in hospitaility - Hotel has many great features that allow guest to be enterta
- love mt lavinia - we loved this hotel and resort! the hotel was clean and comf
- Lovely Couple's retreat away from the City - Very nice hotel, staff was friendly and always smiling. We t
- Lovely hotel with old world charm - lovely hotel with old world charm, great location on the bea
- Magnificent colonial hotel in the tropics - This hotel exemplifies everything that is wonderful about Sr
- Old hotel - This would have once been a very grand hotel on par with Raf
- Oldie Worldy hotel in fantastic cliff top location - good breakfast, great staff. Fantastic plae to chill with a
- standard of the hotel is not the same - arrive late 1.5 hrs from airport
scenery is great, breakfas
- Supposedly the new wing, but it was very old - we were assured that the stay was in the new wing whereas ev
- Unfortunately I didn't like Sri Lanka -
- Very lovely hotel with a wondefull view - I am in Sri Lanka every year on holiday and almost always st
- VERY MUCH WONDERFUL - IT WAS REALLY GREAT AND WONDERFUL... THE PLACE, NATURE IS RE
- Wonderful blend of Sri Lanka and English culture - Had a fantastic stay, was really pleased with the service an