Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Khaosan / Grand Palace
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (7063)
February 08, 2012
tour service trying to rip u off
the room is ok, nice view frm window
below is a wholesale market, alot of clothes, ppl start selling frm 2-3 am in the morning, very cheap,
i hear there is boat service to travel around but never got chance to try it.
going to a city will cost u a hundred baht using taxi.
the hotel toilet design is a prob. shower is one with bathtub. after a bath toilet floor will be wet and its poor drainage design couse the water to stay there. gotta wait for a room service.
Hotel Feature Tip:
never trust this hotel tour service, ask for the full details of the cost before u agree. the pakage we were given does not include the show ticket price. we (2 Persons) end up spending more than 7000 bath that day for a lousy trip. total rip off !
February 08, 2012
the staff is very helpfull and kind. there is a fitnesscenter but you have to pay for it. dolares ca. its a bit pricy but but the sight makes it worthy
the siam discovery center and shopping street is very closed to the hotel. about 3 km
February 08, 2012
A large, impersonal hotel.
The views from this multi storey building, over Bangkok were spectacular and the room features such as lighting, and bed comfort were of a good standard, although the decor was a bit dated.
for a hotel with a four star rating, we felt this hotel was not good value for money, mainly because it was so large and impersonal,we felt more like part of a business than welcome guests. it was very disappointing to find that you had to pay for wi fi, the only hotel on our six week holiday in sth e. asia where this was the case (and this was the most expensive of our trip!) just not good enough. breakfast was a buffet with a good choice of dishes. however, we felt like school children when an incessant bell was rung by a staff member as they marched up and down the restaurant, holding a sign announcing that breakfast will finish soon! surely a quiet clearing away of dishes at 10 am would be far more appropriate and sensitive for paying guests. location was another issue for us. although we felt safe wandering around the neighbourhood, it was in a less than desirable area, made up mostly of street markets and the hustle and bustle of local commerce with no eating places nearby, a real problem considering the over inflated prices of the hotel food.
don't get talked into a tour of the city by a 'helpful information officer' at the airport. check they are not part of a tour company before getting talked into signing up for a sightseeing trip you may not need. it cost us thirty five dollars for an uninformative guided tour of the royal palace,when we could have done this just as easily on our own.(we still had to pay the admission fee)
February 07, 2012
Lovely hotel, great service
Ambience, responsiveness of Staff, closeness to key shopping markets in reach within 15 minutes
We enjoyed our stay at Prince Palace. The hotel is ideally located near key shopping areas like Indira market, Bo Bae Towers, Prathunam market and platinum mall.
February 07, 2012
Poor location, but good architecture in C wing
The excellent jacuzzi and spa bath
Mayanak is not one of the trendy suburbs of Bankkok, so don't expect excellent scenery on your way to this hotel. The C wing isuites are quite comfortable, but no frills service is provided for example Internet access costs up to 20 dollars for a full night 's use. Breakfast is average.. value.for money if hotel discounts are available
February 07, 2012
Big rooms and great location for cheap bargains
A lot of stalls selling clothing just outside the door steps. Starts business at 5 am
the hotel is centrally located, with the wholesale clothing market just outside the doorsteps. they start their businnee as early as 5 am. if you like local fruits, there are ample stalls selling them just across the road. it is also not too far from the mbk shopping mall where you can get everything.
at night you can relax at the garden cafe at the 11 floor where you can get a good view of the bangkok city.
Good value for money at the wholesale clothing market
February 07, 2012
Lovely hotel with an amazing pool
Swimming pool and restaurants
The rooms are really nice and clean. They have a rooftop pool which has an amazing view especially at night when the poolside restaurant is open! The staff weren't too helpful, they even tried to rip us off at the door with getting a cab to the airport, so i'd recommend you don't take any of their advice.
The Grand Palace is amazing! Try get there in the morning to beat the heat and the crowds though!
Families with older children
February 06, 2012
Huge hotel with good view of city
Fairly convenient, huge apartment suite, wide selection of buffet breakfast
Nothing much really to say about the hotel apart from the largeness of the place. The apartment suite can easily fit in 10 people or more even though they say 6 people max. The two downsideswould be that we found a cockroach in the bathroom on the last day of the stay and also the bed/pillows smells bad.
Really good value for money though since I got it at half price inclusive of breakfast from Agoda.
February 06, 2012
Nice hotel - good price for suite
Excellent selection breakfast
Easy access to shopping via Canal boat - but otherwise a bit out of town. Close to Khao San Road area, but have to haggle with Taxi drivers. Breakfast dishes were pretty cold although excellent selection. Very good price for rooms.
February 06, 2012
Nice big hotel
The view from the poolbar
To sit on the poolbar on 11 floor and have a bear while looking at Bkk skyline is fantastic!
Little old hotel but really OK!
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Prince Palace Hotel, Bangkok
- "Lovely hotel and service with a smile" - I would stay here again, but should have been warned about p
- 5 Star Hotel, 4 Star rooms Million dollar views - the hotel is adorned with opluance from floor to ceiling eve
- A grand hotel,good location - Nice hotel,good food,the rooms need up dating,servers are no
- A Hotel where rooms have seen better days - Check-in presumed that you knew which of the 4 towers you we
- All facilities charged for as extras. - All amenities described for the hotel are charged as extras
- amazing - really good hotel to stay at. only down side is the con arti
- An Average Hotel - location : we travel 30-45minutes from the svarnabhumi airpo
- Asia traveler - Hotel looks like a 5 star inside. Service is 1 star. Asked
- Average - the hotel staffs were not friendly enough and the hotel seem
- Awesome Pool areas - Stay was really nice. The 2 pool areas are awesome, the buff
- bad hotel - I cancelled my stay just right after I arrived at the hotel.
- Bad location but great hotel. - we stayed at the prince palace hotel for a few nights while
- Bad location, big room - Very unfriendly staff. Big room, but old fashioned badroom.
- Bad Location, Shower leaked everywhere! - We booked through Agoda for the superior room with breakfast
- bad service and waiting until 4.00pm to check in - do not chooce this hotel,bad service,waiting long time to ch
- Basic hotel wihtout interest - direct access to hotel by boat, metro or sky train is compli
- Beautiful Hotel - I loved my stay here. We travelled all over Thailand and sta
- Beautiful huge place with fantastic service - Fantastic hotel, I am recommending everyone I know to go the
- Beautiful view on Bangkok - Hotel has a 3 towels. At 11 floor is swimming pool with 2 wh
- Best hotel for family with 6 people - I stay for 1 night with family of 6 people. The 3 bedroom su
- best place to stay - of all the other hotels Prince Palace was the best value for
- Big & comfortable hotel in a very busy site - the hotel is located inside a street market, making quite di
- big and comfortable room but far from bts and mrt - this hotel is great. big and comfortable room but it's quite
- Big and extravagant hotel, nice people - We love the room, had nice breakfast (buffet breakfast durin
- big big hotel with - the hotel is located in a crowded neighborhood in bangkok. i
- Big hotel with big prices - Location not convenient for much. Restaurants prohibitively
- Big hotel, comfortable rooms. - big hotel, located about equal distance from the riverside a
- Big hotel - Big hotel. We stayed in building 2 on the 28th floor. Dated
- Big Lovely Hotel - The hotel had big rooms. The Family suite we stayed in was p
- Big Romms greeat food. -
- Big rooms but (sigh) no internet - The hotel is BIG. Has 3 towers, the lobby is in 11th floor,
- Book ahead of time - Make sure to use the safe in the closet. We didn’t lose anyt
- Brilliant, clean hotel with very helpful staff - The check in staff were very friendly and allowed me to chec
- Cheap and OK-ish, but don't expect anything great. - Dull hotel with very so-so food and bland dull aged rooms. I
- Cheapest + nearest hotel tower from Khao San Road - We look for a better place every time we come to Bangkok, bu
- Clean Hotel - The hotel is very large has a number of towers and hundreds
- Clean rooms, Wi-Fi not included, location is ok - It's not worth paying this much money only for the good room
- Cockroach in the room - The staff attitude is bad, we had to wait for more than two
- Comfortable hotel with many facilities - The convinient, close to Klong Saen Saep and th Mahanak Frui
- Comfortable hotel - Chatuchak weekend market is 20 to 30 minutes ride (depends o
- Comfortable Old Style Hotel - Pleasant hotel that has seen better days, much of the furnit
- conformtable and large rooms -
- Convenient location - We booked this hotel when it became apparent that we couldnt
- Dated rooms - Stayed in Tower B which is a bit dated. Receptionists were n
- Decent central hotel - Happy with hotel, however I must add a note to be careful ab
- Dingy, Dreary and Dissapointing - Perhaps it was the battered old taxi that dropped us off but
- Disappointing to say the least - This was by far the worst hotel of my 2 month trip around Th
- Do not stay there - The hotel is on top of the shopping however the shopping is
- enjoyable stay! - overall its a very good location, its very near bobae tower
- Excellence room and services - pro: clean, elegance, good view of bkk and day-shoping.
- Excellent first class service - Area of the hotel easy to get around. Easy to get to the air
- excellent hotel - The hotel has a good location being near market and shops.
- Excellent Rooms, Average Service, Bad food - The manager was very helpful and recommended places to visit
- exemplary hotel, rude housekeeper - its an awesome place to stay. we decided to hang around the
- Fantastic Hotel - the hotel was one of the best we have stayed in bangkok. the
- fantastic location, shame about the room - The communal areas of the Prince Palace are beautiful. Shame
- first nights - We stayed 3 night. We were 2 families. 4 adults and for chil
- Friendly staff and good service - it is worth staying there, value for money 4-star hotel. not
- Good Amibence and prompt service - We stayed Prince palace for 5N/6D. The room are spacious and
- Good and Quite Please. - Hotel is good, clean, friendly attendants,and you can save m
- good clean hotel - I had a great time would go to another location. to far away
- Good family based hotel - check in was quick and easy. rooms clean, serviced daily.
- good hotel alrhough somewhat tired - busy, internet was a challenge but location good for tours,
- good hotel but huge and in very busy market area - Pleasant stay, will come back.
, nice and friend
- Good hotel but not good location - the hotel is overall good to stay, but the transportation is
- Good hotel environment and location - This hotel is good because of its location and decoration...
- Good hotel for short stay, but not long - we came back from koh samui and stay one night at prince pal
- good hotel with friendly staff - nice stay. nice staff. so comfortable and so helpful.
- Good hotel with helpful staff - the hotell facilitys was amazing, and they had two diffrent
- good hotel - excellent hotel, breakfast was excellent, would i stay here
- Good hotel - Good clean hotel and friendly staff,nice pool area,good loca
- good hotel - i like to stay at this hotel, its lacotion is strategic and
- good hotel - nice hotel and ambience and good place to visit. i surely re
- good location but room supplies were insufficient. - hand towels, tissue papers were not provided.
some of the a
- Good location poor staff - Good location to stay and the rooms are suitable for family.
- Good location with canal taxi - Comfortable stay in 4 star hotel close to Bo Bae tower, wher
- Good location with good value for money - the convinient above bo bae tower situated 4 - star hotel
- good location, expensive drinks - the rooms were spacious and the view was great from the 29th
- Good location, large rooms, but poor service - Very expensive breakfast, and no free internet.
- Good Location, Seems a little Cheap, Good Service - Very nice place to stay, two swimming pools to choose from,
- good location,fancy hotel,good breakfast - happy to spent 3 nights here,helpfull staff,nice pools,nice
- Good location - Funny place to stay it so big a function center the pool is
- good location - it is good for location(expecially for water taxi)
- Good Location - recommended for couple and family. beautiful hotel and the l
- Good pool!!! - This is a good hotel for a reasonable price. We treat oursel
- Good respite after a long trip - Very comfortable place to stay for first time visitors to Ba
- Good service and large room - very good locationi found this hotel to be very reasonably p
- good service but big busy hotel - reception on 11th floor and smelt damp on arrival hotel tigh
- good start of bangkok - We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel and think it is good va
- Good to start with - We selected this hotel because of the swimming pool since ou
- Good value for money -
- good value for money - the location is not strategic as compared to those located i
- Good value hotel with comfortable room - we were very pleased with our stay at the prince palace hote
- Good Value - I enjoyed my stay. Staff are great, breakfast is good and it
- Grand n spacious rooms - the hotel provides spacious room with a affordable price ..
- Grand old hotel that requires a spring clean - This is a grand old lady, that accommodated us very well. Un
- Great budget hotel - Prince palace hotel is definitely a good place to stay for p
- Great facilities for a day room - we booked the hotel for a day room after arriving early into
- Great hotel at great location - This hotel is right next to Bobae tower which has all the ch
- Great hotel but slightly out of town. - Lies on top of the Bobae Tower (which makes it easy to expla