Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Khaosan / Grand Palace
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (7102)
October 04, 2011
Great hotel with facilities
The pool, Rooms were very clean, Breakfast selection was excellent
I stayed there in October 2011 with my g/f. We both had an excellent experience staying at the Prince Palace, not too far from major shopping malls in a cab, great location far away from the hussle and bustle of the city, friendly staff. Beware of taxi drivers that wait outside the hotel, be sure to confirm rates with them first before they take you anywhere.
Make sure to do the Floating markets tour mixed with the Tiger Temple tour, awesome experience!
Families with young children
United States of America,
October 03, 2011
This hotel is HUGE - multiple, disconnected buildings that can be a little tough to navigate. The rooms are basic, but the decor unique and beds comfortable. We have two young kids and the two bedroom suite was both very affordable and comfortable enough. This is not a luxury hotel, but is perfectly adequate. Its location is a little tough - not right next to either the touristy core near the river nor near the shopping/modern hub further east. On the whole it was a solid choice for the right price.
October 03, 2011
Perfect start to my Thailand holiday
Service, breakfast, room size
Having stayed at this hotel ten years ago I decided to try it again as my memory was a little vague. Booked a suite and requested high floor with non smoking room. Arrived at approx 8pm and was shown to our suite.was very impressed had a large suite approx 70+sq metres had a high floor 20th, non smoking room. Ordered room service as tired from flight and the food that wa delivered swiftly was perfect. Breakfast choice was vast with chefs available to cook your omlettes just how you like. Coffee and tea was plentiful and cleanliness was excellent throughout. Thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay would recommend trying this hotel. Was located between the grand palace and Siam centre etc taxis were constantly available at all times of day and night.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Walk onto the main road to avoid being overcharged by taxis and make sure they turn on the meter
October 03, 2011
Good value for money
We loved the bar next to the pool. Good food, nice scenery, great views over the skyline at night.
We were quite happy with our very recent stay at the Prince Palace Hotel. Our room was big, clean and nicely furnished. It was good value for money.
One of the few negatives with our stay was the quality of the food at breakfast. While there was plenty to choose from, you could tell that someone had chosen the cheap cuts, the cheap sausages, the cheap breads, etc. Having said that, we didn't go hungry though...
Hotel staff were very friendly.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Sitting by the pool, having a few drinks after dinner while a chap was playing some soft music on guitar was really nice. The city nightlights twinkled in the background and orchid sprays hung overhead. Just gorgeous...
Families with older children
United States of America,
October 02, 2011
Great hotel with great service and price
beautiful pool/bar; excellent service
The staff helped us move a substantial purchase and helped us use our phones when we got new SIM cards.
Take a tuck-tuck to Siam complex, then MBK across the street
October 02, 2011
Very enjoyable stay in the hectic city of Bangkok.
Suite room was lovely-fantastic views and buffet breakfast was very nice.
We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. The positives were the lovely room, cleaned daily and a good price off agoda and the staff were lovely. Two very nice swimming pools to use.
On the downside the gym was not included despite agoda's filter leaving it in-when the issue was raised with the staff they claimed it was not their policy and seemed to blame the website- leaving us 300thb short a day if we wanted to use it..which was disappointing for a four star hotel. The location was not great, but without knowing where to go in Bangkok this may be difficult on your first time here.
Also the internet was an astronomical price-100thb for 10minutes and no wifi was included.
All this said we did enjoy our stay here and having a suite and swimming pool was a nice way to escape the hectic, polluted streets of Bangkok.
October 01, 2011
Huge hotel close to a market
Big nice suite room for very good price
Very big hotel with 3 towers, almost like a labyrinth, it's even easy to lost in the hotel. It's very good deal for the money: big suite room, included the breakfast and the swimming pool, but the gym and the internet is not. There is a big market around the hotel with cheap T-shirts, jeans and underwear. Relatively close to the shopping centers.
October 01, 2011
Very good location and good service
Just above the wholesale Bobae Market/Tower
Very comfortable stay in this hotel with extremely good service from the Front Office, the Housekeepers and the Bell Counters. They are very friendly and will do their very best to help you in your requests ( I managed to check in by 11am). The hotel breakfast was good with great variety. Really enjoyed the stay. Nice swimming pool and love the jacuzzi!
It it just above the Bobae wholesale market!
September 30, 2011
good hotel but not close to attractions
the room was comfortable and the breakfast buffet 1st class
we booked at a discounted price and then recieved a room upgrade because we wanted one bed non smoking ,the room rate was great but any service was expensive ie wifi drinks snacks and meals
buy your drinks from the 7/11 close by and take the canal boat to near by locations
September 29, 2011
Prince Palace Hotel,
large pool for swimming, but long walk to get there
Internet 600 THB/day
very big hotel with long walking distances. I waited 35 minutes to get my luggage delivered the room
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Prince Palace Hotel, Bangkok
- "A comfortable hotel from another century" - The location is perfect if you want both the traditional and
- "Lovely hotel with a great price" - Good food but need to change the menu because everyday smila
- 10 minutes By toktok to Kawasn street and about 15 - we took the hotel in bangkok thailand at the end of our trip
- 15 years outdated - This hotel is okay, but quite outdated and a bit neglected.
- 2 star hotel guised as a 4 - Hotel staff was not very helpful and rooms were a bit dingy.
- A big hotel - Acually, this hotel location was not so convenience as I tak
- A good hotel in a convenient area - The hotel is old and there are a few problems. Our electric
- A satisfactory stay at Prince Palace Hotel - Overall it was a nice stay. The hotel is situated in the mid
- An ok hotel - We stayed in this hotel for 3 days. The hotel was OK, locati
- Authentic Hotel - sleep and wake up go off and do shopping
- Average hotel but pricey - Initial impression of the location was that it was a bit of
- Average hotel in a shooping area - The hotel is large with various blocks of accomodation. The
- Aweful location, poor interior - I booked three rooms in the Prince Palace Hotel for 2 nights
- Awsome hotel, great location. - Love it and will be back on the 4th of January 2012.
- Bad service average hotel, positive value/money - In general, good value for money, breakfast was OK (6/10), r
- Beautiful hotel but away fron attractions - The hotel itself is nothing but beautiful old styilig with m
- Beautiful hotel, great size room, location great.. - Rooms are really big, seperate living room.. Great value for
- Beautiful Hotel - i liked the free 1-day tour that came with our room reservat
- beautiful hotel - it was my 4times staied there
i dont know why i always sta
- beautiful place with friendly staffs..... - really enjoyed our stay there.i can recommend it to my frien
- Best hotel in Bangkok - Have stayed here a total of three times now, always look at
- Best Hotel to Stay - The hotel are very nice and close to commercial and tourist
- best value for money in Bangkok - we have booked hotel 2 hours before arriving at hotel (very
- Big and impersonal colossus with some features - The Prince Palace Hotel is a big hotel colossus in West Bang
- Big big hotel - We stayed for 3 nights in a very big suite. During the day w
- Big does not always mean better - The Prince Palace hotel is a very busy hotel and although th
- Big hotel with a nice view. - it takes around 10min to mbk by the riverboat,, in the hotel
- BIG hotel with good friendly service - we stayed in the 3 bedroom suite, which was amazing. It was
- Big hotel with nice room - i stayed here only 1 night and i really really satisfied..
- Big hotel, lots of traveling people - It seems like this hotel is The centerpoint for travelers fr
- Big hotel, outdated rooms - The hotel is with a good visibility, good location, but the
- Big hotel - The hotel is big and the decoration of the hotel is good but
- Big Hotel - this is the second time we stay in this hotel. Very big hote
- Big room but limited toiletries provided - Big suite room but with limited toiletries, have to request
- Big room but service not good - this is a 4-star hotel but no wifi/no 3G access from room. w
- Big rooms and great location for cheap bargains - the hotel is centrally located, with the wholesale clothing
- Big rooms and near Bo bae market - i go with my family so i booked 2 bedrooms and it is cheap,
- Big rooms but (sigh) no internet - The hotel is BIG. Has 3 towers, the lobby is in 11th floor,
- Big rooms, but lack of features - I loved the hotel. Had huge rooms and nice swimming pools. T
- big space and many beds... good for big family - the 3 bedrooms are big for family or friends who want to sta
- Big, friendly, slightly imperfect location - Seems that there's some variation in whether taxi drivers im
- chreap -
- Clean and cool respite for Western foreigners - I would stay here again with Agoda discounted rate but would
- clean room, good breakfast - From Airport we took the train to Phaya Thai station, then t
- Clean, comfortable and spacious rooms - I was happy with this hotel but staff could have been more f
- Comfortable Hotel with good service - Good hotel... Breakfast is very delicious and the service is
- Comfortable hotel, well sited for the old areas - This hotel was just what we needed - crisp white sheets - lo
- Comfortable Hotel - I prefer this hotel the most in bangkok. I think if I have c
- comfortable rooms but not clean - I've been lodging several times at Prince Palace hotel in th
- Confusing and disconcerting upon arrival - this is a huge hotel with 4 towers and as confusing to get t
- Cultural hotel with friendly services - the services provided to me and friends were excellent, the
- Dated and a bit strange! - Dated hotel that hasn't been renovated in a long time. A sho
- Dated, but ok. - the positives - great view from the pool area, you could sta
- decent hotel - hotel is nice, good looking, rooms are nice, they could impr
- Dissapointed with the booking - Booked this hotel due to the highest ranking as a best selle
- Do not stay here - Cockroaches were crawling up the sink. The rooms were dirty!
- Elegant hotel, good location - This is my second stay at Prince Palace, and I would come ba
- elegant hotel, halfway between MBK and kaosan road - it was plesant but a bit boring, it is not so close to any c
- enjoyable stay - this aint my first time here , like the location , staff are
- Excellent hotel, very good value for money. - We really enjoyed our stay at the Prince Palace Hotel and ar
- excellent hotel - this is an excellent hotel with good value for money a very
- Excellent large 4 star hotel , will stay again. - Really nice hotel, very large with lots of facilities. Great
- experience in thailand - Mostly nice country and nice people
- Fantastic hotel - The staff is very friendly and likes to help you with all yo
- Fantastic Suite Loved It - we had a lovely stay, our suite was fantastic, soooo roomy,
- Fantastic - Had a fantastic time all was clace to the hotel rivver boat
- fantatic hotel,big rooms,bad location - enjoyoyed the stay ,rooms are in need of a revamp , but i fo
- Fine hotel, but rooms not as good as promised - We only stayed at the hotel for one night, and it was an ave
- First impression was excellent - it' such a pity that thailand has been invaded by eastern bl
- Generally ok - It was very easy to be found this hotel, living in the floor
- Good amenities. Bad Service and Location. - The room is spacious. Offers alot of facilities within. Only
- Good breakfast but bad service - I was staying here alone the first night and I arrived at ar
- Good breakfast but old rooms with no wifi - when i arrived there were only twin bed rooms available so i
- Good choice - good enviroment and luxuary , it s right play for those wann
- Good Chooice for Muslim Guest - Wow... this place very good and more much better than pratun
- good hotel but huge and in very busy market area - We stayed 2 nights and it was in general satisfying.
- Good hotel but wrong location - Hotel was disappointing. Staff at the reception was unfriend
- Good hotel for business and traveling - We liked beauty and health conference, that took place at 11
- good hotel location for shopping - excellent rooms and services as well as amenities. it is a v
- Good hotel to stay - Overall it is a satisfactory stay, as the hotel does give us
- Good hotel with nice service - Hotel should provide the shuttle for the airport pick-up or
- Good hotel, bit too busy for great service - Stayed here for 3 days,the room was really nice, restaurant
- good hotel, cheap and location strategis - good hotel, cheap and location strategis and near by bobbae
- Good hotel, good location - first time here, i liked that the area around the hotel full
- Good Hotel - Hotel with average quality service,not very friendly staff
- Good hotel - rooms clean and tidy although little bit dated. Buffet break
- good hotel - stay at prince palace hotel is very comfortable, it is luxur
- Good interior hotel locations - good hotel but floor carpet looks bit old, otherwise every t
- Good location and good size suite. - difficult to get to the hotel during daytime since it is a v
- good location but too many cars and bustle for me - Agoda did not mention that the room was next to smoke room ,
- Good location for shopping. -
- good location for whole sale shops - nice hotel with big shopping mall in the hotel. You can enj
- Good location with good value for money - the convinient above bo bae tower situated 4 - star hotel
- Good location with spacious rooms - The staff is quite pleasant at the reception but not friendl
- Good location, only 50 Baht by Taxi to MBK - highly recommend if you do not mind the cons
- Good location - checkin was easy as we were a group of australians with limi
- Good Location - this hotel is ideal if you want to meet the worst receptioni
- good location - This hotel is located in center of bangkok.
If you take a
- Good Staff Lousy Front Desk - they overcharged on the bill knowing i was unable to check i