Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Khaosan / Grand Palace
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (7078)
July 28, 2012
Comfortable room good service.
Good beauty saloon, nice pool lunch/pool bar.
The room was spacious, and clean, but the battery in the safe was not changed even though I spoke to Housekeeping and mentioned it at the Desk.
It was surrounded by market stalls, so plenty going on.
Nice places I visited for shopping are Siam Centre and MKB-Tokyu. Busy shopping malls, but few people actually shopping.
July 28, 2012
Great view and huge rooms
it has pretty good breakfast and big rooms
it has pretty good room.
but the location is so so
it would be a great place if you travel with a big family
July 27, 2012
Great hotel... Great food
The food and staff were great
This hotel is perfect for Bangkok. We didn't actually like the city, but the hotel was very nice.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Try the rice for breakfast. It's amazing!
July 26, 2012
good hotel location for shopping
excellent rooms and services as well as amenities. it is a very family friendly hotel evident by the fact that there are a lot of children playing around the poolside. the hotel offers all classifications of dining i.e. chinese restaurant, thai restaurant, japanese restaurant among others. downstairs you can find a shopping mall where affordable ladies and men's clothings are located. although it is a little bit crowded at times because of people streaming in trying to find good bargains. overall, the hotel stay experience was excellent
July 26, 2012
spacey room, location is not very good but quiet
great view from the hotel room. clean and nice rooms.hotel interior design is classic. swimming pool is abit tiny but the water is clean. pool pub is amazing. beer is cheap.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Families with young children
July 25, 2012
Room was dirty and smelly. No vacuum cleaning and dust on the woodwork. Even after complaining twice it took a while to clean ( not thoroughly done). Furthermore the hotel is huge which causes lack of services.
July 25, 2012
Grand Hotel but a bit dated...still very nice...
Great Facilities - pools, gym, very spacious, great decor, excellent staff, good overall condition.
We found the hotel fine. Very big property, so the foyer area could sometimes be very congested with guests coming and going. Services at the hotel were very good. Organising tours or hiring cars was very easy, a little bit dearer than doing those things yourself, but you pay for the service and the convenience of being able to do it all at the hotel.
You can tell that in it's day it would of been an amazing hotel, little bit dated now, but still in great condition. Having 2 pools is a great asset as well. One is child shallow, and is surrounded by tables and chairs, has a bar and ressturant built into the area, it is set out really nice and at night it looks great. From here you get a great view of Bangkok. The other pool is near the gym, 25m long, 5ft deep, great for actual swimming and doing laps. Not alot of chairs up there though, but again great views. Pools were always clean and not over chlorinated, so it did not make your eyes red.
Drinks in the hotel are really dear, so buy them outside and put them in the fridge in your room...easy.
Restaurants in the hotel are a little bit dear, but they food was great. We ate there twice. Staff are very helpful and happy to chat. Buffet breakfast was standard type food, as most hotels are these days. Menu did not change though. Coffee was the worst coffee I have ever tasted - but that is a preference, not a reflection on the hotel.
Hotel is massive and at first getting around was not easy, but after a day or so, you will work it out. There was not alot of info in the room about the hotel layout.
There is a ferry stop no more than a minutes walk, which was super convenient and the first 6 floors of the hotel are actually indoor markets, where prices were fair and people were friendly.
We would stay there again. Hotel does promote "free wi-fi", but that is either false or perhaps it is only with certain promo's, wi-fi rates are pretty high, we never used it.
For the $55 per night that we paid - no com
There is a food court in the markets on the 6th floor. Just follow the signs, food there was great, it's open from 8am-5pm and it is a lot cheaper than the hotel.
Walk out from the hotel, turn left and then turn right and you find a 7/11 store tucked away, a little bit hidden.
July 25, 2012
Nice hotel, But poor service!
Room was very nice, Bathroom very nice, Clean
Nice hotel, room was nice, big and clean! Was very unhappy with the restaurant. Food was not nice at all and the staff clueless about anything on the menu! also a major negative was the fitness center. This was on of the main reasons we booked this hotel and it was a disgrace. 3 machines in total, Very old and unusable! A joke that they would call it a fitness center. Other than that, the reception staff were very helpful and the pool nice! So over all good hotel but a bit to expensive in my opinion
July 25, 2012
Nice rooms but not so clean
Was good since I stayed only one day here. But was not so clean as expected.
Siam paragon is not so far.
July 25, 2012
Average room, large but old and dated
Service, large room, good restaurants
Large rooms but room and bathroom very dated, shower temperamental, hot one minute cold the next. Staff were helpful for the most apart from the tour organizers trying to organize a ridiculously priced taxi everyday. Overall average stay moved to another hotel as soon as we could
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Prince Palace Hotel, Bangkok
- "Lovely hotel and service with a smile" - I would stay here again, but should have been warned about p
- ."Lovely hotel and service with a smile" - why not breakfast,i book for traveler is 6.00am ,i book in h
- ."Lovely hotel and service with a smile - my girlfriend and i stayed here for a night in our 5 city vi
- 5 Star Hotel, 4 Star rooms Million dollar views - the hotel is adorned with opluance from floor to ceiling eve
- a great big grand palace - This is a massive hotel complex. It takes up a whole block a
- A Hotel where rooms have seen better days - Check-in presumed that you knew which of the 4 towers you we
- A huge maze - A huge hotel with four different towers, extremely confusing
- A little tired - This is a grand old lady, that accommodated us very well. Un
- a not bad hotel - the breakfast is various
but the servant is not so good
- Adequate for the Price - Location is decent if you're okay with taking water taxis (j
- Amazing views, good rooms but bit too downtown! - Really liked the hotel, very busy. Lovely sized rooms, frien
- amazing - really good hotel to stay at. only down side is the con arti
- An Danish view - hotel is a tuk tuk ride away from most things. there are ple
- Asia traveler - Hotel looks like a 5 star inside. Service is 1 star. Asked
- Average - the hotel staffs were not friendly enough and the hotel seem
- Awesome Pool areas - Stay was really nice. The 2 pool areas are awesome, the buff
- Bad location longway from everything - the hotel is big as well as the dining room. the breikfast i
- bad location, really bad room! - bad location, really bad room not clean at all, air conditio
- Bad Location, Shower leaked everywhere! - We booked through Agoda for the superior room with breakfast
- bad service and waiting until 4.00pm to check in - do not chooce this hotel,bad service,waiting long time to ch
- bad services, bad facility - i've got nothing good to say about this hotel.
1st, room was
- Basic hotel wihtout interest - direct access to hotel by boat, metro or sky train is compli
- Basics place - Commanding position in the city and views to enjoy night and
- Beautiful Hotel - I loved my stay here. We travelled all over Thailand and sta
- Beautiful huge place with fantastic service - Fantastic hotel, I am recommending everyone I know to go the
- Beautiful stay at a beautiful hotel - Stay at Prince Palace is one of my best, through so many of
- best hotel ... i really like to stay here - i try and stay here as much as possible the room is great t
- Best hotel for family with 6 people - I stay for 1 night with family of 6 people. The 3 bedroom su
- best hotel in bangkok for the price and location -
- best place to stay - of all the other hotels Prince Palace was the best value for
- big and comfortable room but far from bts and mrt - this hotel is great. big and comfortable room but it's quite
- Big and extravagant hotel, nice people - We love the room, had nice breakfast (buffet breakfast durin
- big big hotel with - the hotel is located in a crowded neighborhood in bangkok. i
- Big hotel and service with smile - the hotel is big, room is big (we having 3 bedroom prince su
- big hotel but a little old - Huge Thai hotel with 4 towers but a little old and need to b
- Big hotel with big prices - Location not convenient for much. Restaurants prohibitively
- Big hotel - Big hotel. We stayed in building 2 on the 28th floor. Dated
- Big Lovely Hotel - The hotel had big rooms. The Family suite we stayed in was p
- big rooms but some need good funishing good servic - Rooms are really old need furnishing. Had to change rooms.
- Book ahead of time - Make sure to use the safe in the closet. We didn’t lose anyt
- Brilliant, clean hotel with very helpful staff - The check in staff were very friendly and allowed me to chec
- Cheap hotel for old hotel - Hotel is surrounded by wholesale shops and markets. Old hote
- Cheap hotel with a good location - Ok hotel with a nice pool area. Room was Big but need to be
- cheap/good/accessible -
- Clean Hotel - The hotel is very large has a number of towers and hundreds
- Clean rooms, Wi-Fi not included, location is ok - It's not worth paying this much money only for the good room
- Comfortable hotel but without character - we had a comfortable stay in a spacious and clean room. the
- Comfortable hotel with many facilities - The convinient, close to Klong Saen Saep and th Mahanak Frui
- Comfortable hotel - Chatuchak weekend market is 20 to 30 minutes ride (depends o
- Comfortable room good service. - The room was spacious, and clean, but the battery in the saf
- Complain! - hotel condition is ok. but should train counter to know ser
- conformtable and large rooms -
- Convenient location - three travelers visiting bangkok on business, so we shared a
- Convenient location - We booked this hotel when it became apparent that we couldnt
- Cool nice rooms - Just in town ( Bkk ) to chill and do some shopping.
- Decent central hotel - Happy with hotel, however I must add a note to be careful ab
- decent convention-style hotel with unique decor - I enjoyed my stay very much. The hotel was too big that we a
- Dirty bathroom but a relatively good price -
- Disappointing to say the least - This was by far the worst hotel of my 2 month trip around Th
- Excellent first class service - Area of the hotel easy to get around. Easy to get to the air
- Excellent for family - A very nice with comfortable rooms. Very nice decorated room
- Excellent Hotel, great location - Hotel was very central and not far from water bus, sky train
- Excellent Rooms, Average Service, Bad food - The manager was very helpful and recommended places to visit
- exemplary hotel, rude housekeeper - its an awesome place to stay. we decided to hang around the
- fabulous, clean & great hotel - The location is quite far from the airport. But, this is not
- Fantastic Hotel - the hotel was one of the best we have stayed in bangkok. the
- fantastic location, shame about the room - The communal areas of the Prince Palace are beautiful. Shame
- first nights - We stayed 3 night. We were 2 families. 4 adults and for chil
- Friendly Hotel - Clean ,nice swimming pool, nice breakfast, good environment,
- Friendly staff and good service - it is worth staying there, value for money 4-star hotel. not
- Good Amibence and prompt service - We stayed Prince palace for 5N/6D. The room are spacious and
- Good and Quite Please. - Hotel is good, clean, friendly attendants,and you can save m
- Good basic hotel - Service was very good. Rooms quite basic but comfortable. Wo
- good facilities and great breakfast - The price of the hotle is attractive.The room was very clean
- good hotel alrhough somewhat tired - busy, internet was a challenge but location good for tours,
- Good hotel at an excellant price - Great value shopping for clothes below the hotel. Not situat
- good hotel but huge and in very busy market area - Pleasant stay, will come back.
, nice and friend
- Good hotel but not good location - the hotel is overall good to stay, but the transportation is
- Good hotel environment and location - This hotel is good because of its location and decoration...
- Good hotel in busy location - This hotel offers quality service in a busy location. The fr
- good hotel with friendly staff - nice stay. nice staff. so comfortable and so helpful.
- Good Hotel with lots of tourists - Stay was comfortable but Wi-fi is being charged extra and is
- good hotel with professional service - execellent hotel for any traveller with nice layout,good bre
- good hotel - excellent hotel, breakfast was excellent, would i stay here
- Good hotel - Good clean hotel and friendly staff,nice pool area,good loca
- good hotel - nice hotel and ambience and good place to visit. i surely re
- good hotellll -
- Good location but poor service - good location and hotel has nice decor.
rooms are spacious
- Good location poor staff - Good location to stay and the rooms are suitable for family.
- Good location with good value for money - the convinient above bo bae tower situated 4 - star hotel
- Good location, but room a bit outdated - I got probably one of the worst rooms they had to offer; it
- good location, expensive drinks - the rooms were spacious and the view was great from the 29th
- Good Location, Seems a little Cheap, Good Service - Very nice place to stay, two swimming pools to choose from,
- good location,fancy hotel,good breakfast - happy to spent 3 nights here,helpfull staff,nice pools,nice
- Good location. Other issues are low standard - in reality, the hotel is no more than 3 stars.
- Good Location - Great location but expensive hotel food and beverage
- Good Location - recommended for couple and family. beautiful hotel and the l
- Good Location-for seeing Thailand from a city veiw - the place was good for there money, though inside was very e
- Good pool!!! - This is a good hotel for a reasonable price. We treat oursel
- good rooms, excellent service, good location - we booked a night for the day we arrive in bangkok.