Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Khaosan / Grand Palace
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (4616)
May 23, 2011
Nice environment but the service lack of smile :)
great location, easy to reach from airport, not so far from happening Khao San road but still calm at night to have good sleep
I arrived at Khao San Road at late night, and it was not difficult to find the hotel.. Just walking a few minutes from the Airport Express Bus Stop in Khao San Road, and you just to ask one or two question to the people arround there to find the hotel name and address. The hotel has many rooms (it has five buildings). I got the room in Building E at 3rd floor. The hotel staf is lack of smile, I think :) But the room is very clean, the bathroom is very clean too, and you can refresh yourself, and take a good sleep... The swimming pool in the roof of Building A is good too, with nice city view. I think this hotel is recommended too.
May 23, 2011
Great location in the vibrant Banglamphu
The location nearby the river, the neighbouring Khao San Road and last but not least the rooftop pool
This is the second time I'm staying at the Rambuttri Village Hotel and this experience was as the first; the room was big enough, clean and relatively cheap and the fact that there are two rooftop pools is definitely a positive thing. I like the location in the middle of Banglamphu, it's a breeze to go downtown shopping and looking at people and things at MBK, Siam Center by the river ferry and interconnecting sky train. The nearby vibrant Khao San Road with all the people from all over the world is a joy to visit day or night.
May 22, 2011
Relaxing and peaceful roof top pool in fantastic location
Best place in Bang Koh if you want value for money!! Excelllent location, minutes from Koh San and great shopping and eating around the hotel. Pool is amazing!
KOH SAN ROAD
May 22, 2011
Quiet Location and the pools a bonus
Location, Swimming pools,
I thought the hotel was situated well and away from the noisey late night bars. Reception staff need to smile more and the towels are thin and useless. Bedroom fine and bed comfortable. Roof pools great when you need to get some relief from the humidity but close early at 6pm.
Bringing a guest to your room would cost you 350 Bht but I guess if you have a double room it may not count. That didnt affect me though.
The ROUGH GUIDE rightly recommended Popaing in Soi Ram Buttri. great cheap food, beers (L) 70Bht and friendly charming staff
May 22, 2011
Clean rooms, good location, good value
ignore the photos. the rooms aren't as large and "luxurious" as the photos suggest. they are, however, modern, seemingly secure, and clean with aircon and decent bathrooms, albeit basic, and are as good as any others for this price on the khao san road, but with the added advantage of a great location.
for me, the location is a winner. it's far enough away from the thumping madness of the khao san road to let you get some sleep at night, but close enough to walk there in a couple of minutes.
the hotel is set back down an alley from the street, past a gauntlet of tailor shops ("suit, sir? where you from?") and is actually a huge sprawling complex comprised of several blocks. some of the blocks don't have lifts, so i can imagine that guests' opinions of this hotel will have a lot to do with which room they are given. we were fortunate enough to be near a lift. i wouldn't want to have had to walk up and down all those flights of steps in that heat every time i wanted to go outside.
we found the staff to be friendly.
having stayed at many hotels in this area over the years, we will certainly be returning to the rambuttri village hotel on my next trip. we haven't yet discovered a gem of a hotel in this area, but until we do the rambuttri village has everything we need (clean, modern, perfect location, and good value).
May 21, 2011
it is a large impersonal hotel with minimal rooms, horrible corridors and grumpy staff at the counter where you pay a ridiculous key deposit. there are much better offerings in the area.
Families with older children
May 16, 2011
Excellent Loc., lots of food stalls along the St.
Lots of different shops nearby hotel (food stalls, clothes boutiques, massage and spa, Internet cafe, travel agencies)
The hotel is just a 2 star hotel, so don't expect much. But despite of that, the hotel is a great location for cheap shops from food, clothings, souvenirs, massage and spa. Along the street, there are lots of food stalls with great value of money. So there's nothing to worry where to eat for bfast, lunch or dinner. At night, the road will be very narrow for vehicles to pass-by as the tables and chairs were already on the street. Its considered a night street so lots of tourists on the street for social drinking. If you are a kind of person who enjoys drinking, then its a perfect location for you!
Just walk around, follow the road, to discover the different shops and stalls.
If you don't have any itinerary yet, I recommend Mr Thai Travel and Tour, just along the way to the hotel. It is much cheaper (you can ask for discount too) compare to the other travel agencies nearby.
The hotel has no Internet access, but there's an Internet cafe nearby if you have an urgent mail to check.
The hotel service is just fine. Overall, my stay here is great, especialy its location!
May 16, 2011
Great location, but really noisy.
The service was quite poor and it was extremely noisy.
May 15, 2011
we often stay here for its location and value. very close to khao san rd and the river, but in a quieter street. easy to get around the city from here. rooms are always clean and the roof top pool is a bonus, in fact they have two pools.
Catch the river boat down river towards the Shangri La. A great journey..
May 15, 2011
this time we had our friends join us to stay at this hotel and they were equally impressed with the value and location that it offers. the deluxe double rooms often a small balcony set amidst a garden, an ideal smoking area, providing a small piece of tranquility in the mecca of bangkok and chaos of khao san road. the front staff are nice enough but given the hordes of back packers that pass through on an almost daily basis they tend to be inflexible with a stern demeanour. the hotel has two roof top pools, which is an added bonus.
The "Oh My Cod" British cafe, right out front of the Hotel, is a great place to have an English breakfast in the morning and serves decent fish n chips with cold beer.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Rambuttri Village Hotel, Bangkok
- 2nd visit- would go again - my second visit and i'd go again. its near the bars and rest
- A great location in the backpacker area - A great location in the backpacker area and pool on the roof
- a whole world is in this hotel - I really, really liked this hotel. It is situated in very ni
- An oasis in the middle of a bustling city - loved the hotel. it is located in a charming street in the m
- Average hotel with below average service - This hotel is perfectly situated just off khoasan road. so y
- Average Stay - Checked-in at 2pm but was given a dirty room and had to requ
- awful experience! Do not stay there! - the hotel was extremely dirty and you should not trust the p
- Basic and Clean rooms - Clean and basic good value for price. Located behind area of
- Basic backpacker hotel in a superb location. - The hotel is very much in the backpacker territory and needs
- Basic but good. - The hotel is massive and has a really nice pool on the roof,
- Basic but well-situated hotel and excellent value - We have stayed at this hotel twice now and have not found an
- basic hotel - good for quick stay or just place to sleep after a long ride
- Basic, but functional - Only staying 1 night at the Rambuttri Village, we found the
- Basically a Travelodge with a pool - A basic hotel with small rooms and a double bed has a bathro
- Beautifull decorated hotel but not great location - Nice marroccan style tiled entrance, rooms clean and simple
- Best location - Rooms was clean, service is OK, pool is nice, just on the ma
- big industry - room never cleand up - no smile - The hotel is not charming and not smily at all, just a big i
- BKK with "oasis" - I have bad knees so I was pleased that I was booked into the
- Centrally located and pleasant staff -
- cheap & clean - It is a cheap place to stay which contain 2 swimming pools b
- Cheap and best hotel/near to attractions - Early check in (8AM) is possible.Nice locality/environment f
- Cheap, clean, good location, great pool - very good hotel for price, one up from hostel, rooms clean,
- Clean and nice hotel - Hotel was near of Khaosan Road and other attractions too. Th
- Clean and Quite Quiet- inmidst the Fray - To be candid, we stayed here to do friends a favor.
- clean and simple - nice clean hotel, staff a little grumpy. amazing location.
- clean budget hotel in oasis - this was a very clean budget hotel with more amenities than
- Clean but Lacking facilities - From entering the hotel you have a feel of "Backpacker" hote
- clean rooms, different buildings / standards - We had a double room in building D which was clean and offer
- Clean simple hotel - ask for a top floor room and you can relax in the night. ok
- Clean, comfortable room for the price. - We were a family with small children. The hotel is right in
- Close to Khao San but quiet - Good spot, close to Khao San but you don't have to deal with
- Comforable and quite - I really enjoyed my stay at the Rambuttri Village. The room
- Convenient comfortable lcoation - The Hotel in just off the busy hub but has a life of it's ow
- Convenient location in a friendly environment - nice and convenient hotel located in a quite square with a f
- convenient location -
- cozy hotel - Good value for your money. Lot of things happening in your w
- Decent Budget hotel - Buzzing nightlife. Close to grand palace and Wat Pho.
- Efficient, clean and comfortable - Was clean and the room was as pictured. Be aware they take a
- Excellent value and very clean room - Stayed here for 2 nights, Payed £11 a night I think. This pl
- fab location - Right in the heart of everything but you know so with the no
- Fair enough hotel for the prize. We loved the swim - Quite good,clean hotel,nice swimming pool. Really close to K
- famale - there are no elevator to twin-room.
so uneasy house for ou
- fantastic hotel - Great hotel with spacious spotless rooms and a lovely pool.
- Fantastic Location, Fantastic Hotel! - we went back here every time we passed through bangkok and w
- Fantastic location, practical rooms, good pool. - My only complaint is we had to ask to have the towels change
- fantastic - I have no complaints about this hotel, i have stayed in the
- Goed enough - Near ko San road. But in a quit street. Good enough for a co
- Good hotel - too noisy at night time - The best bits of this hotel were the location - in backpacke
- Good hotel and Great location - i stayed in the hotel two days. the location is great close
- good hotel with great location - I stay with my wife three days. we stayed comfortably. rooms
- Good hotel, with basic accomodation - Basic hotel with clean spotless rooms, situated in the cente
- good hotel - overall, we enjoyed our stay here. the rooms were good, woul
- Good location and clean - The Rambuttri is ideally located on an animated street. Howe
- Good location and good service - Good location.
Cheap and good food.
Cheap and good massage s
- good location but poor service - For those we love night life, the location would be perfect.
- good location, but small and old styled rooms - good location, but small and old styled rooms, close to Khao
- good location, but so noisy - It's too close to Kaosan that is good point.
But there is s
- Good location, good price - We stayed twice in this hotel, 3days when we arrived to Thai
- good location, nice pool - We stayed here for 2 nights in june and all up it is ok how
- good location, okay hotel - rooms were okay. clean enough, and beds had comfortable mat
- Good location - Great location, hotel room was decent sizes. Just didn't lik
- good location - it is located in Kao Shan Road area and easy to get to all t
- good location - the receptionists weren't very polite, and the room is ok, b
- Good location - this hotel is located in a nice little courtyard area off th
- Good location--Unfriendly staff - unfriendly staff, had to leave key at front desk to have roo
- Good value for money hotel -
- Good value for the money - The front desk was always swamped with guests checking in an
- Good Value - Over all we liked the place. It was very clean which is not
- good value - Very pleasant stay- will stay there again. The rooms are ver
- Great hotel and location - We stayed here for 3 nights in early November. Nice, helpful
- Great hotel but no WiFi at all - All in all a great hotel. Nuthing to complain about, but onl
- Great hotel in a peaceful part of Bangkok. - The hotel is an easy walking distance to the Grande Palace,
- Great hotel in an awesome location - I always stay at Rambuttri Village Hotel when I'm in Bangkok
- great hotel in awesom location - A nice hotel with a great pool on the top floor with city vi
- Great hotel with swimminpool, no breakfast - We always choose Rambuttri Village Hotel when visiting Bangk
- Great hotel, great location - I can't really fault this hotel! I have stayed twice now and
- Great hotel, very helpful staff - we stayed here for one night in january 2011, based on the r
- Great location ! and nice hotel - The hotel is in a great location. Is around the nightlife in
- Great location / Great Value - I've stayed here many times. The neighbourhood is great - S
- Great location and even better pool! - We arrived at 2 in the morning after a grueling 30-hour voya
- Great location average hotel - We arrived at the hotel at 7am and were allowed to check in
- Great Location but poor receptionist - We reached around 10 pm to the hotel and once we try to chec
- Great location but rooms okay - This hotel met our needs but it was definitely my least favo
- Great location but small room - pros: location was great everything you need is close by,fre
- Great location but small rooms - Actually all day I spent outside of hotel and eved did not t
- Great location but small rooms - Nice place to stay, but poor of services. Their staffs are n
- great location but small rooms - we stayed at this hotel for a week.we enjoyed it because it
- Great location for walking around - This was our 3 stay at this hotel. We prefer it for the loca
- Great location good pool - After being delayed on our flight we didn't get to the hotel
- Great location if you want to be near Khao San - Our room smelled musty so I would request to not get a room
- Great location w/ Rooftop pool - Great location, very near to the old temples and shrine.. I
- great location with small roam but its ok - I love staying at this hotel because it is very strategic pl
- Great location, basic clean rooms - Excellent rooftop pool...a wonderful place to relax
- Great location, but noisy room - We paid for a deluxe room, because it was situated towards t
- Great location, Clean room - great value for the money. good clean place to stay in a gr
- Great location, fairly size room - Worth the money being paid for. Good position near major Ban
- Great location, hotel with roof-top swimming pool - The location is excellent as it's off the busy Khao San, but
- great location, nice swimming pool - the hotel lets you in even in the very early mornings - its
- Great location, off khaosan and nice hotel - We've stayed here twice now and will definitely go back the
- Great Location - although being a great location, the area is crowded with hi