Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (4648)
Families with young children
April 30, 2012
Great place to introduce yourself to Bangkok
air con, roof top pool, great location on Rambuttri street.
It's noisy but the aircon drowns out the night life, or maybe I was really jet legged.
Rooms are lovely. It looks like they are just about to start reno's outside (bamboo rafters are up). The staff are overly busy, always a line up at the front desk. Good storage and security guard (we left our bags for 3days nothing stolen).
Lots of other families staying here.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Wifi is not included, you must buy your 24hr wifi password from the internet cafe in the courtyard...and even with this it does not reach most rooms.
April 30, 2012
Second Time and Will be a Third for Sure!
Everything works and the location is brilliant
Think this places ticks all the boxes. Great Place in every way.
April 29, 2012
Great location and very good luggage store service 20THB/day.We stayed in the Triple room ,the room is OK,but no view outside the window.
April 28, 2012
Very rude and unhelpful staff
After traveling 3 months in SE Asia this was my last hotel before flying out of Bangkok and it turned out to be the rudest and most unhelpful staff I have encountered on my whole trip by far. The room itself was average with cigarette burns on the bedding but the air con was good, it was quiet and the pool was surprisingly nice. I just can't get over how rude the staff were though.
After begrudgingly paying a 1000bht deposit for the room, even though I had paid for the room in full, I was rudely spoken to when asking why this was such. The next day after running out of money and my card stopping working for my last day, I asked to release my 1000bht in exchange for my passport and or cards until i checked out. After calmly explaining my situation I was told its not company policy and even a manager wouldn't make an exception. After saying "so just to clarify, you are not going to help your guest out who hasn't got any money to eat today and leave me stranded when you have 1000bht of my money?" they said "sorry its not our policy" which was both frustrating and disappointing.
I had actually paid for 2 nights as I was flying out at midnight and on checking out a woman and small child were having a similar experience with the staff, this time with the hotel being full and her room reservation not showing. I stepped in to offer my room as it was paid for but I would be on a plane and the staff would just not allow it, leaving the woman to walk off at 9:30 at night with a small child in her arms to find somewhere else.
On giving my feedback the receptionist said in a very sarcastic and chirpy tone 'Thank you, DON'T come again" which I found incredibly rude.
I would not recommend staying at this place under any circumstances
April 28, 2012
Have stayed few times at this hotel. The counter staffs is still stone faced with no smile as always. They won't speak more unless you asked a questions as the flow of guest keep streaming in. They do not have time to entertain much of your request. I like the quietness away from the noise outside the streets. Amenities is convenience too as the Pharmacy and 7-11 is just at entrance of hotel. The room is really basic and toilet is without air con. They have installed a very powerful air con in all rooms. So if you love the chill cool air, this is the right hotel to stay. Basic amenities in room include TV, fridge, safe and hot water. The door does not come with any internal latch for added safety or security. So for single traveler, make sure you push lock the door. Noise insulation is poor. You can hear other guest coming back and vice verse, from corridor we can hear the voice of guest speaking too. Do not expect any posh treatment, just like any backpacker hotel expect it is one of the better ones.
April 28, 2012
Excellent location, Pool in Bangkok is to die for, staff could be nicer...
Excellent location. Affordable. The 2 pools are a definite plus.
Use local buses that leave from Thanon Chakrapong to get around the city. It's next to free and a great way to get in touch with how the local's do it on a day to day basis.
April 26, 2012
I always stay here when I am around Khao San Rd area. I have tried many places, and been very disappointed. Now I am always happy to come back to Rambuttri. Its nothing special, but the rooms are ok, and usually pretty clean. The best thing is that it has 2 swimming pools, and its pretty quiet for around that area.
I have read many negative comments about the reception staff here, and yes I have found them sometimes to be quite rude, but I have also been witness to some of the customer behavior towards them, and its not very nice, so in their defense, they are just doing their job, and it helps if you can try the thai way and just smile back and try to work it out without raising your voices at them.
They will just shut down, as is the thai way, when faced with Angry confrontation.
With this aside, I would happily recommend this place for your stay around this area.
April 26, 2012
Great location but very basic
this hotel is very basic. the rooms are quite small and the place feels quite old. in saying that, you can't expect much for the price you pay. the service was okay but they were so busy they barely looked at you when they served you. the hotel is quite big so it's a little bit like a rabbit warren to find your room and the sheets weren't crispy clean and came with a couple of stains.
We weren't looking for the party scene but if you are, this hotel is in the right place!
Families with young children
April 25, 2012
Great location, hotel room was decent sizes. Just didn't like the toilet & the shower in the same place.
Next to palace, khaosan rd
United States of America,
April 25, 2012
location,nightlife and food
it was awesome overall. will go back there again . the hotel staffs were helpful and pretty good in english.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Rambuttri Village Hotel, Bangkok
- A hotel with good location n quiet - a good location, good for backpackers and convenient. Just a
- alright for the location - bit difficult to find as no cars go down khao san or soi ram
- Amazing I loved it!! - Was fantastic. Staff amazing, pool amazing and I made friend
- amazing location, good clean rooms - i always stay here, dont expect amazing service, its just t
- an ideal hotel for a short stopover in Bangkok -
- Average at best - I booked online and the photos of the room I booked were not
- average hotel, great for location - small room. shower leaking. noises can be heard loudly from
- Awesome Location - Rambuttri Village is in a great location, 5 mins walk from k
- bad hotel with hospital flair. - very noisy rooms, because of the long floors, thin walls and
- Basic but okay - It was okay. A place to sleep. There were a lot of noisy dru
- Basic Hotel - The room was basic, clean and quite nice. The hotel is in a
- Basic room but tiny tv - We tried to upgrade to a room with a bigger tv and refrigera
- Best budget hotel in Khaosan area - It's my sec time stay this hotel,I have to say it's best bud
- Best Location at lowest price - Best for backpackers and budget travelers, great area, walki
- Best location.We'll be back - it's a nice place to be in the centre of the action.close to
- Best spot in the Area - If you're passing through bangkok for a night or two on your
- Central location although a bit dated - Our stay here was pleasant. Our room did not have a great vi
- Centrally located - I had a good experience, but not all staff were that friendl
- cheap and cheerful, good value for money - being going there for 7 years, being recently refurbished, c
- cheap but soulless - Big basic hotel on a quieter but busy street 100m Khao San R
- cheap reasonable - my stay at the rambuttri village in was just fine. lots of r
- Clean Hotel, good service - Only stayed for 2 nights but hotel was satisfactory to our n
- clean room with excellent location - it's located on the khaosan rd, very convenient place. most
- Close to Khao San road - I've been in Bangkok a few times by now. This time I decided
- Comfortable and affordable hotel - Located near very good food and entertainment choices.
- Comfortablem in the middle of the tourist district - Nice place in the middle of Bangkok's tourist district. Easy
- Could be worse, but not to bad. - The rooms are very small and nothing special at all. Positiv
- crean room - every day all day many many guests check in and check out at
- Decent but overpriced - My son and daughter in law stayed in this room whilst I stay
- Decent hotel - This was a very decent hotel for the money. The swimming poo
- Decent no frill hotel - a nice stay, but would rather choose a location near bts.
- Descent Hotel - it was plesant and memorable stay in this hotel. we were all
- Excellent Hotel in the tourist area of Bangkok - The hotel represents excellent value in Bangkok and offers a
- fab location - fab hotel,clean and nice size rooms! fab pools with a good v
- Fabulous - Best place in Bang Koh if you want value for money!! Excelll
- Fine enough, nothing fancy - I stay here three times a year. It is cheap, clean and does
- Fine room, terrible service - The rooms are fine, not too big not too small. The TV is fro
- From a satisfied customer - The hotel met our expctations fully and was worth the money.
- Functional Hotel - Rambuttri Village Hotel has a great location. Not far from K
- Good budget hotel in quieter location with pool - Single rooms very basic but had air on & modern safe. Slight
- good deal good location -
- Good for the price - We stayed here for 2 nights, then on to Baiyoke Hotel in Pra
- good hotel ,low price, easy to reach in Banglampoo - the rooms are reasonable,but on your photos it looks better.
- Good hotel, good location - The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The pools were a ni
- good hotel -
- Good Location ... - very clean and good, room size is normal, location is good a
- Good location and facilities - Good value, clean and secure. Some staff were very rude and
- good location big room - good location, nice pool, big rooms.... very unfriendly fron
- Good location but a bit over priced - Located on Soi Rambuttri very close to the famous Kaosan roa
- good location but not so clean - hotel was in a great location and was safe but was not very
- good location but would never stay here again - room was small and had a very bad odour; no refrigerator or
- good location good food but small rooms - Friendly staff. They were willing to switch and uprade room
- good location very close to Koh San Road - nice hotel,near khao san road which have a lot of bars and s
- good location, average rooms, nice pool - rambutri road is just off samsen road, where kao san, rachad
- Good location,not bad - Price and location, both a selling point, the other is gener
- Good location -
- Good location - I have stayed here on a number of occasions and really like
- Good location - the room was ok, ac with hot shower and safety box. quite bi
- Good location - We stayed extra one night after spending two nights earlier
- Good place - we stayed at the hotel 2 nights. the room was clean, with th
- Good Service - good location for tour in bangkok area some place can walk a
- Good value for money, nice location - Clean, big rooms kept in a good shape in a very good locatio
- Good value for money - Great location, not so far from Khao San road but very quiet
- Good value for money - Loved the stay but maybe the hotel could improve by providin
- Good value for money - my week at rambuttri village inn was thoroughly enjoyed. the
- good -
- Great access, convenient compare to the price - everything was just great. of course it's not 5 star hotel,
- great for backpacker - great location but small room. convenient area suitable for
- Great hotel but crowded area. - Was a convenient place to stay for tourist attractions but h
- great hotel, friendly staff... perfect location!!! - I stayed in two rooms, both were very clean, staff was very
- Great Hotel - Great hotel, i have reviewed this hotel a few times now as i
- Great lactaion and price! - My best friend and I did not spend a lot of time in the hote
- Great location - unfriendly staff - If you want to be close to all the action on Khao San this i
- Great location !! - The hotel is nicely located only a stonethrow away from Khao
- Great Location , Good Room - We stayed in Rambuttri Village Hotel only for 2 nights mainl
- great location + basic rooms = a price that's nice - what can i say - it's basic on the mid end.
- Great location and good bus route advice - Very convenient location, rooms were clean, staff was helpfu
- great location but counter service no good. - i,m stay in seperrior twin room, clean, comfortable
- Great location but pricey rooms - the hotel is clean, although they had forgotten to put bottl
- Great Location but service wasn't amazing. - Great location off khoasan, yet just a 2 min walk away. Didn
- great location but simple rooms - no bath amenities set up.
TV malfunctioning but repaired ef
- Great location but small rooms - Great location, small rooms
- Great location but small rooms - We have stayed in this hotel only 4 nights and we don't like
- Great location but very noisy - very noisy, the tiles all around make it even noisier than i
- Great location close to the Khosan Road area. - Situated close to the Khosan Road area within easy reach of
- Great location good room - Very good located hotel walking distance to everywhere , goo
- great location nr to the khoa san road - the booking was easily made through agoda and the room was c
- Great Location on this bustling street - This is definately a back packer area although the hotel its
- Great location with good rooms. - it is located directly across the street from koasan road. t
- great location, clean room...good services - Great hotel, very clean and good service...staff of this hot
- Great location, clean rooms - we stay here for 4 nights. the hotel is a non-stop people co
- Great location, good value - Cheap hotel in perfect location!
- Great location, Paper thin walls - great spot and location. clean rooms. watch out for the so
- great location, value for money - This is quite a big busy hotel in a great area just a few mi
- great location. Great service - i booked 2 rooms for four people. the hotel is quite big, th
- great location -
- Great Location - We stayed 3 nights in the Rambuttri Village Hotel. I have n
- Great location - Close to water taxi. Never got to use the pools due to the l
- great location - great location to stay in bangkok, lovely rooms and affordab
- Great Location - Great location, close to many cheap restaurants and bars. Al