Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2480)
United States of America,
May 22, 2010
Good mid-range choice
Friendly staff. Comfortable rooms. Free WiFi. Good location.
I've stayed at the Tai-Pan twice and enjoyed both times. The deluxe room is a good size. The beds are comfortable and the linens nice. The free WiFi is a big plus. I liked the buffet breakfast. Room service food was also good, and very reasonably priced. Staff were always helpful and friendly. The Tai-Pan is in a great location -- walking distance to both the MRT and BTS. There are lots of good restaurants. spas, and even an adult entertainment district (Soi Cowboy) close by.
United States of America,
May 21, 2010
Tai Pan hotel
Nice, clean rooms
I stayed at the Tai Pan two nights for a layover in Bangkok. The hotel was clean, efficient and the staff were helpful. They have 24 hour room service for late arrivals and an (expensive) but nice spa. I was there when there was a curfew imposed and most of the stores were closed, but it seemed the hotel was fairly close to shopping and the Skytrain
Hotel Feature Tip:
Nice spa in the hotel but many massage parlors right on the street for 1/3 the price (don't know quality though)
May 19, 2010
- In a quite location
- Close to the stations
- Staff Service are great
- Hotel Massage is excellent
Whenever I visit Bangkok, I stay at Tai-Pan Hotel.
It is in a very convenient location close to the MRT and Sky trains and close to most night spots.
Though this year there were the Red Shirt Demonstrations, the hotel staff kept me updated with places I can go and not go.
As well as things I could still do in such situation.
May 17, 2010
Tai-pan Hotel, Bangkok
-Friendly hotel staffs
-The Room was very clean and tidy.
-Very convenient as the SKy Train and MRT stations are just 5 mins walk away from the hotel.
-The Breakfast got lot of variety. Very nice food.
-The location is very near to shopping malls and budget eateries.
The staffs were very friendly and helpful. Especially the manager, explained to us detail of which area are safe and which area are not during the rallies period. I love the hotel location because its very convenient, just 5 mins walk to BTS and MRT. Not to mention that its very near to shopping malls,night life, budget eateries, massage centers and convenient shops. I would definitely come back again for my next stay in Bangkok.
United States of America,
May 16, 2010
Nice older hotel in a convenient location
Great central location close to public transit, shopping and nightlife. Comfortable bed and linens (great robes). Good buffet breakfast. Friendly, helpful staff. Clean.
The Tai-Pan Hotel enjoys a great central location just off of Sukhumvit Rd. It is close to public transit (BTS & MRT), shopping, and nightlife (Soi Cowboy). There are many restaurants and street food stalls nearby. The hotel featured a comfortable firm bed and new, fresh linens (including great robes). Good buffet breakfast. Free Wi-Fi in room, The staff was very friendly and helpful when needed. Overall the hotel was clean but it is an older hotel and the wear is showing.
Great steaks and seafood at the Chokchai Farms Restaurant just down the street a little way.
May 14, 2010
Nice hotel, good breakfast, friendly staff
Fantastic hotel, helpful staff, skytrain Asoke nearby, good daily breakfast, will stay there again
Near Sukumvit road and skytrain station
May 10, 2010
away from the mess
Out of the areas where there are protests but still near shopping and other attractions. Large spacious rooms.
We live in the southern part of Thailand but we had to fly out of Bangkok and come back again a few days later. We were a bit worried due to the Protesting and escalating violence going on right now. However as usual the trip to and from the airport was fast and easy. Since this hotel is a few minutes walk from the Skytrain and Subway we still could easily get to other parts of the city without trouble or fears of being in the right place at the wrong time.
small noodle shop (opposite side of soi 23 as the hotel) near sukhumwit rd. is very good and cheap! Probably been there 50 years...
United States of America,
May 09, 2010
The Tai-Pan was our sanctuary.
Friendly smiling staff, large room, great breakfast and lunch buffet. Outdoor/indoor bar.The pool was nice and clean with part under roof. Workout room and a spa on the 6th floor. Many massage businesses across the street and hotel had limosine service.
We loved the Tai-Pan. We were in Bangkok for dental work. We could walk from the hotel to the clinic. Public transportation was within walking distance. Because the food was so good, we did not venture out much. This hotel became our sanctuary. Our room was large, bed comfortable and housekeeping great.
We loved the place and will definitely return to this hotel.
This hotel was just around the corner from Soi Cowboy. Lots of evening entertainment, yet far enough away to be quiet and private. Ideal location for close proximity to public transportation.
May 07, 2010
- The staff are greate
- Close to MRT and Sky Train
- Close to most popular night spots
- Close to major shopping areas
May 04, 2010
Very pleasant hotel, mainly due to excellent central location, almost at crosspoint of both underground and BTS Skytrain, yet in quiet soi at the best side of Sukhumvit, with lots of restaurants and little shops.
Pleasant hotel staff. Rooms are good. WIFI provided. Reasonable prices. Nice hotel lobby.
Overal very good hotel especially due to quiet yet central location
Try Waffle House almost opposite the hotel
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Tai-Pan Hotel, Bangkok
- 4 Day Party - Easy access to public transportation, shopping, eating, drin
- a budget hotel - i stayed only a nite and spent not more than 9 hours there,
- A great hotel in a central location - wanting an inexpensive hotel where we could catch the skytra
- A make-over is badly needed ! - tai-pan hotel in sukhunvit soi 23 bangkok badly needed a mak
- A nice place to stay. - Good value for your money. I would stay there again.
- All Around Good Value - Good hotel with good sized rooms combined with close locatio
- an excellent discovery...i'd love to come back to! - this was my first stay at tai-pan hotel, even though i had c
- best price in area - staff was nice- room size was good and price was good- in a
- business hotel that saw better times once - we stayed two nights at tai pan. the room was good, not perf
- Cheap, central, good service. - I have stayed here several times when I have been visiting B
- Chinese style good value hotel - The hotel felt aging and dated but the service was satisfact
- Clean and a Great Breakfast - this hotel is in a good location, fairly close to the bts. t
- Clean hotel with great location! - With a location near BTS and MRT travelling around Bangkok i
- clean room and friendly staff - The rooms are clean and spacious.the bathroom are a bit old
- Clean rooms,nice iew, efficient staff - The hotel is a comfortable hotel with a great restaurant, a
- Clean small hotel with a decent size room in - The service at the reception counter was very pleasant and q
- Comfortable and Clean -
- convenient but it's quite old room - it is quite ok for room in bangkok because it's not expensiv
- convenient location for sky train and underground - the hotel is a bit old fashioned inside but is in a good loc
- Downtown Sukhumvit location - Yes the Taipan is alreday there for years and rooms are mayb
- Excellent hotel. - I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Extending from 2 days to 5.
- Excellent stay with best staff - Everything from check in to check out was hassle free and fr
- fun experience - i have stayed in tai pan 4 times , every time i visit bangko
- Good Hotel and Great Service - The hotel is quite good
Rest of the things are quite good.
- good hotel, fair location - A 5 minute walk from Asok BTS and Sukhumvit MRT, a good hote
- Good hotel, great location - The hotel is situated in a Soy away from the main road but c
- good hotel, specially good staff and their service - overall it was good experience at the tai-pan hotel staff we
- good hotel,not perfect - hotel is ok,room is clean,can have a good sleep.
But it is
- good hotel -
- Good Hotel - Hotel is in a great location for everything. Close to the BT
- good hotel - My room was clean,quiet, spacious and the bed not too hard.f
- good location and friendly staff - This was my second time to stay in this hotel. The location
- Good location and good value. - Staff friendly. Breakfast was adequate, tea, coffee, juices,
- Good Location and service with a smile - there is quite good location; near mrt and bts and also conv
- Good location for affordable price - At the moment of my stay the swimming pool was closed due to
- Good Location Hotel with comfortable - Hotel is near MRT and Terminal 21 department store which hav
- Good location in the heart of Sukumvit - hotel and the value for money is ok. the rooms especially th
- Good location next to BTS, big room - Room was big and the staff were friendly. Although I was on
- Good location with big clean rooms - location is good, abt 10mins walk to asok bts station
- Good location, large rooms and superb service - we were very enjoyed with our stay at tai-pan. about meters
- Good location, near BTS and Soi Cowboy - the hotel isn't in the red light district soi cowboy, but is
- good location -
- good location - deluxe room s good but superior s not. choose deluxe room if
- Good location - First night my husband and i had to sleep in single beds sin
- Good location - Have stayed at this hotel for a couple of times and have bee
- Good location - not so nice room, but good location if you are looking for n
- Good location - Older hotel, but good location since east of Asoke junction
- Good location - tai-pan is near mrt and bts making it highly accessible.the
- Good location - This is the hotel on sukhumwit road. Not take a long time fr
- Good Location - We stay here quite often when we come down from the north to
- Good mid-range choice - I've stayed at the Tai-Pan twice and enjoyed both times. Th
- Good room for the money - I got a great deal on the superior room and then they upgrad
- Good value and a great location - I have stayed at Tai-Pan Hotel a number of times, and am alw
- good value and service - Our room was an oasis of quiet and a great place to spend th
- Good Value for Money Hotel - i have stayed at the tai pan hotel a few times a couple of y
- good value location - close to transportation and shopping the faciluty is much
- Great food, great staff, great position . - This was my 4th stay at Tai-Pan Hotel in under 2 years. Its
- Great Hotel - quite and good location - Hotel clean and large rooms. Hotel pool/sauna great. Buffet
- great hotel , sentral in bkk, nice staff, great se - Nice hotel. staff take good care. The staff was so polite an
- Great Hotel! - The hotel location is really great, just 5 mins walking from
- Great hotel, staff were excellent. - Very enjoyable stay, we have stayed in 3 Agoda Hotels this m
- great hotel - great hotel great location great service friendly staff grea
- Great hotel - Stay here regularly and enjoy the hotel. The rooms are clean
- Great lacation, big room, old - easy to get mrt and bts.near to cow boy street. room is fine
- great location , neat clean hotel, - Breakfast buffet was not good...though we took room without
- Great location and economical - We had a good experience. The kids love the big room and we
- Great location and fantastic value - This was my second time in this hotel - and going back again
- great location and good deal - Great location friendly staff. deluxe room are very spacious
- great location and lovely staff - I stayed there for 3 days. It's very near to asoke station a
- Great location but a little hard to find. - Great value for money. Also loved the restaurant.Although a
- Great Location with reasonable price - the hotel room is clean and nice. the staff is nice too. t
- great location, good service - very nice hotel and service, near puplic transpotations skyt
- great location - I had good time during my trip. hotel is located nearby soi
- Great location - Over all it was a good experience i had only that the bed ju
- Great Service - This Hotel is in a good location if you don't mind a 8 minut
- Great stay Thank you - Staff were friendly and courteous. The breakfast was great a
- great value - very nice hotel, esan food at night is very good, you need t
- Helpful, clean hotel with good service - first time in bangkok, stayed as a couple for 2 nights befor
- Hotel lovely and clean. Staff very friendly. - Hotel is super clean. It has very good communication and the
- Hotel that used to be better - Although i was putting the note on the door saying "don't di
- I love this hotel!! - I have been staying at the Taipan hotel 2-3 times a year for
- In the center of Bangkok - It is located at the center of Bangkok; about 3 minutes walk
- It was on sale - Got the Deluxe w/ breakfast on sale which was a good rate. L
- It's the little things - I have been in quite a number of hotels in the US, Europe, a
- Large rooms, great location, good service. - Check in was smooth. I need to relax and recuperate in my ro
- Like the room, but don't like the lobby - like nice clean room and space, but don't like the lobby. I
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - Comfortable, easy access, close to everything, taxis availab
- Lovely hotel with good service and great location - Hotel service is very good, the location of the hotel is ver
- Lovely hotel, Good value. - good place to stay.
- Lovely Hotel - this hotel is in a good location, 5 minutes walk to bts, nea
- Lovely Hotel - This trip to Thailand I stayed twice at the Tai-Pan hotel an
- Near to bars/clubs, 'Cheap' hotel - The first time that I booked this hotel. I thought it would
- Nice Hotel at a great price. - The regular rooms are very nice and spacious. Staff was frie
- Nice hotel with good clean rooms - Helpful staff in this nice Sukhumvit Hotel. Large rooms wit
- Nice Hotel...Friendly & Helpfull staff - check in was very quick when we arrived, though the welcome
- Nice Hotel - every thing is good.
need to improve on
1. english langu
- Nice hotel - I wa there on business, and the hotel was ok for that purpos
- Nice hotel - Rooms are spacious, but they are still using keys instead of
- Nice lacation - we only stay 2 days its in nice location very close to termi
- Nice Quiet location - Nice quiet location. Near to BTS station and shopping mall,