Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (911)
May 14, 2012
good location, nice people
very good locataion, only 2 minutes walk to sunday market.
room is not so big, but clean.
kindly people, always with smile.
when i was there, some facilities are under construction but overall it's a good hotel with highly recommended.
United States of America,
May 12, 2012
Nice Hotel in great location
Very pleasant staff, nice accomodations
The hotel is located right off the busy thoroughfare and is in a great location. Lots of close by cafes and bars and short walking distanc eto the night market. The hotel itself is a small boutique type hotel, nvery nice rooms and the staff was great. Only issue we had was that air conditioning would only stay on when key fob was in the slot, which could only occur when you were there. With it being almost 100 degrees every day we were there, it would have been nic eot have the air on when we git back tot he room. Breakfast was pretty decent as well with a good mox of choices.
Walk to night street market is not far.
April 29, 2012
Very nice place and good location
Beautiful Thai style with Great service
-really basic coffee
-no massage area
-close to all the action
April 20, 2012
the staff were lovely. they were very attentive, they even surprised my husband with a cake on his birthday.
the hotel is in a good location, in the old city. the night markets are a 5-10 minute ride away in a tuk tuk, or it's a 10-15 minute bike ride.
the only downside to this hotel was that the pool area was understaffed, had to find your own towel and set up the sun beds, and the pool is very small.
overall, we really enjoyed our stay here.
April 17, 2012
Great Location. Walking distance to temples.
walking distance to cool sights
beautiful hotel. within walking distance to many cool places like temples, food market, shopping area, etc.
we rent a motorbike to ride around town which is quite easy to navigate.
April 16, 2012
A fantastic jewel in Chiang Mai
Within the walled city and easy access to surrounding attractions
before staying, i read the reviews which were very mixed. i was pleasantly surprised by what was found. a comfortable, chic hotel with excellent, attentive staff. the rooms were well appointed and clean and the reception staff did everything to make our stay a success during the very busy period of thai songkran. breakfast was buffet-style with plenty of choice from european and asian dishes which could be accompanied by eggs of any style from fried to scrambled. plenty of fresh fruit juice, danish pastries and a good selection of bread and rolls completed the groaning table.
the cafe de naga, a separate restaurant was also attractive for daytime and evening meals allowing all purchases to be added to the room bill. staff here were also attentive and went out of their way to help us with our myriad enquiries about local sites and locations.
Certainly, Doi Suthep and its hilltop temple, two must-see temples in the walled town were Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang. The zoo, whilst quite interesting, was second rate and apart from The Panda House which housed a sleeping (and therefore inaccessible) Lin Ping, a television star in Thailand.
April 14, 2012
En suite Room nice and spacious
Excellent decor and pleasant staff in a very good location although pool was disappointingly small.
April 12, 2012
Fantastic hotel and fantastic location
Spacious room with a very modern and spacious bathroom
This hotel was beyond my expectations. From the moment of arrival the staff were welcoming and helpful, the room was on the top floor and very clean and spacious. Room serviced each day with an evening maid turning down the beds. The breakfast in the tranquil dining area was excellent with very professional wait staff. The hotel is adjacent to the main gate, tour shops and eateries yet is tucked away from the noise of the main road. Highly recommended hotel for the price, the location and the service.
Visit De NAga's adjoining resturant which is located on the main road for a evening dinner, or go to the local eatery for a delicious traditional meal which is also adjacent to the De Naga hotel, walk to the many temples, visit the Elephant Nature Reserve for a memorable time with the locals and the elephants rescued from the illegal logging trade.
United States of America,
April 09, 2012
Great Location; Staff really make it special.
Location, staff, cleanliness, ease of transport
i travelled solo on business and stayed at the de naga for the 2nd time in 2 years. i had one of the rooms with the higher ceilings, on the 3rd floor. comfortable bed, large enough room for two people if on vacation but probably one if both are trying to work. i like the hotel. so easy to get a red truck or tuktuk. close to the sunday walking market. next door to a great truly french place.
try shopping at the boutiques on ratchadamnern, and if you're trying to get over jet lag, go out to the air-con airport central mall and check out the crafts and things at the northern heritage village. it will show you what's around, and what retail prices are like. walking market prices wayyy better than night market.
also great shops on loy kroh, and an honest gem dealer at silverarts - fahim.
Families with older children
April 09, 2012
Very nice hotel in a perfect location
Good location, beautiful interior, good service
This Hotel was really nice. In the middle of the old city, very nice rooms, very clean, good service and a good breakfast. I only can recommend it and for sure I would go back again.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - De Naga Hotel, Chiang Mai
- A Real Gem - A real gem. Well located just off the main road and close to
- A very nice hotel - Very nice staff,always happy to help if any problems,all pos
- Always a pleasure staying here! - We are now "regulars" at De Naga. It is always quiet, clean,
- Amazing Customer Service and Atmosphere - we loved our stay at de naga. the room was spacious enough
- beautiful hotel, nice helpful staff - the hotel is a little hidden from the main street, wich is a
- Best value in town - This was a real good surprise to find such a nice and friend
- Boutique hotel with excellent personal service - we were welcomed by name when we arrived and were given a to
- Chiang Mai Gem - The De Naga Hotel in Chiang Mai is a newish hotel, located w
- De Naga - Excellent Botique Hotel - I found the De Naga botique hotel an excellent choice for so
- De Naga - great value - This hotel was a surprising oasis of tranquillity just off a
- de naga no - i really did not see what all the fuss was abou this hotel.
- De Naga Hotel Chiang Mai - Plenty to see in and around the hotel.
- De Naga Hotel -
- De Naga Hotel -
- De Naga Review - The De Naga is just inside the old east gate / moat of Chian
- De Naga - The location is great, you can walk the city from here, you
- Delightful DeNaga - We stayed at DeNaga for 3 days. The location was excellent.
- DeNaga Chiang Mai - Nice little hotel set up. Pleasant and quiet when in the ho
- Excellent Location, Great Hotel! - De Naga Hotel is a gem. The location is amazing, very close
- Fantastic location to city center - staffs are kind and good service. also location of hotel is
- Good Central location - the hotel is located very convenient in the old town and in
- Good value -
- Great experience - Great experience, good location, quite, good for the pocket
- Great Experience - We stayed at the hotel for one night, beautiful hotel, very
- Great Food and Service in a Lovely Setting -
- Great location and service - the staff were very informative and friendly.
the food in t
- Great location, and great hotel - Good location, and very delicate hotel in old town. Service
- Had a great time! - The staff were the best!! All of them were so sweet, helpful
- Hotel in serene environment. - My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the hotel. It has a very c
- Jungle in the town - Excellent hotel. Clean and decorated in a tasteful and cultu
- Kind and Helpful Staff - Beautiful building with excellent location for variety of sh
- Little oasis in the city - Great warm welcome and staff were all helpful. We decided to
- Lovely atmosphere and great location - This is a charming hotel with a great ambiance and helpful s
- Lovely hotel and service - I love this hotel!!! Nice services and they help me to arran
- Lovely hotel in the heart of Chiang Mai - Great smaller hotel. It is located inside the old city wall
- Lovely hotel - Enjoy our time there!! Comfy bed & very clean hotel. Good br
- Lovely -
- My Chiang Mai - Learn and use some basic Thai greetings.
Don't try to look l
- New boutique hotel in town - love to go back @ the same rate.
- Nice Hotel and Great service - Booked this hotel after searching for many hotels, after boo
- nice hotel - far location from the market and wooden but they have good r
- Nice hotel - very good locataion, only 2 minutes walk to sunday market.
- peaceful and beautiful hotel - When we arrived at the De Naga hotel, we were exhausted from
- Perfect location in old city - Really great quality hotel. Lovely clean rooms and breakfast
- Perfect - The Welcome was very very friendly. I got a free upgrade and
- Quiet relaxing courtyard based hotel - Just off the canal - much better location than near the nigh
- Sensational - This hotel really is higher in our opinion than four-star. A
- terrific hotel wonderful room curteous staff gr - we really enjoyed ourselves in this very different hotel fro
- Very Beautiful New Hotel in Chiang Mai - i think the staff are all well trained, the service is good,
- very friendly - very nice, but the pool is too small and pool deck is too sm
- Well positioned hotel, however a very small pool. - The service was good. The position of the hotel was excelle
- Worst 4 star hotel - The hotel claimed to have Nanny service but when I got there
- Would highly recommend to friends - The hotel staff are friendly, helpful and always smiling. Du