Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Formerly : Montri Hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1317)
May 27, 2012
Great location, Clean Room, Reasonable Price
M was renovated about a year or two ago. The location is great. There are plenty of tourist destinations that can walk from the hotel within 10 mins. The room is clean, well equipped. The price is very reasonable.
Many nice Temples within 10 mins walk from the hotel.
May 24, 2012
True comfort at incredible price
Comfort bed, clean room, helpful staff, great location
I've been in Chiang Mai for many times, and I have stayed in many hotel range 1-5 stars. I have to say that this place is amazing, the location is close to almost everything like walking street, tour agency, car rental, old city that you can do the tour yourself, good massage, delicious local and international restaurant with ease of transportation by the red truck to everywhere. I book the room without breakfast so I don't know how is it (to buy it separately cost THB200/person). The room is clean and comfortable, has everything I want and I'm sad to leave the bed every morning. It's a small room, about 24-25sqm, but that's all I need. I think I'll try bigger room next time.
My breakfast is a small place at the opposite side of the hotel. Use the side door that face Blackcanyon and it is a small building with lots of pictures and note all over the wall. Can't remember the name, but the food is okay and not expensive.
Good restaurant is all over city, try Go Liang noodle, been there a long time, serve pork and beef. Good taste, good price, just about 100 m from left side of hotel.
May 23, 2012
Great value and clean
good location, clean, good value for money
hotel is inside the old city but on the right side so it is easy to visit also the nightlife district across the river.
friendly staff and good value for money.
Families with older children
May 22, 2012
The nearest hotel to Sunday Walking Market
large windows with good views of Sunday Market
Chose to stay at M Hotel due to its proximity to the Sunday Walking Market - It's practically downstairs! Right where the action is - the food, the nightly markets outside Thapae Gate, McDonalds just across the road, the restaurants, banks, etc.
It was sweltering hot outside. The hotel should have kept the hallway windows closed!!!
100 marks to the security doorman who was absolutely helpful with luggage, info, hailing taxis, etc.
The food in the Sunday market square is delicious.
May 21, 2012
nice hotel with friendly service and free wifi
good location, friendly counter service and good door man
weather was not, so it was nice to have good air-con in the room. The room was comfortable and the wifi speed was excellent. Breakfast was limited to American, European and Asian. Asian breakfast was below par, I found the American breakfast more acceptable. My room located at the 4th floor facing back was quiet and comfortable. Fridge was ovetstocked with drink leaving little space for my own fruits.
Hotel Feature Tip:
hotel provide 2 bottles of free water and a kettle, bring your own package drink if you want to have frequent drinks.
United States of America,
May 21, 2012
I stay at this hotel often when I am in Chiang Mai and it's always a pleasant experience
May 16, 2012
Good hotel. Lille bit small rooms but nice.
Great service from reception staff
Only stayed one noight this time, but have bee using this hotels many years. Its a good location and its a great place to stay. Friendly staff, good service nice clean rooms and a great coffe shop and resturtant in the hotel. Walking distance to all facilities in the city.
May 14, 2012
great location in the heart of Chiang Mai
location, location, location
hotel is right at thapae gate very central to everything and tuk tuks right out the door. hotel staff friendly and rooms clean. arrived early and they had no problem with a 10am checkinh and very flexible around late checkout, once you told them - didnt try the restaurant.
May 13, 2012
The hotel was lovely. The staffs were nice and were able to communicate well in English. The room was comfortable. The location was also good as it was close to small shops and restaurants.
Hotel is good for sight seeing in the city or shopping
May 12, 2012
Great location with comfortable rooms
Good value for money in a perfect location.
The hotel is just inside the walls of the old city. There are lots of restaurants and massage parlours in the area, and lots of bars just on the other side of the gate.
The rooms are comfortable, although a bit old. There was a tile-sized hole in our bathroom ceiling, but this was the only flaw. Everything was clean and there was plenty of space for the 3rd bed we added.
Do not book tours with the agency in the hotel; they are very expensive. Go with another provider or a taxi driver.
Staff are welcoming and friendly. Good hotel if you want a safe, comfy bet, but I'm sure there is better value for money in the area..
The hotel used to go by a different name so have an address for taxi drivers
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Hotel M Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai
- Best location - Very pleasant stay. Will definitely return to this hotel.
- centrally located and convenient hotel - As it is located at the east gate of the city, you can enjoy
- cheap hotel - It's not expensive so what more can you expect? However I th
- Comfortable room but very small washroom - the hotel is quite comfortable although the washroom is tigh
- Convenience - good for the Chiangmai walking street. Easy to get in and ou
- Cozy hotel with small bath room - Nice and cozy room, but the bath room is a bit small even fo
- Decent hotel in a a nice part of town - the hotel was in a perfect location in the old city by the s
- Deluxe Pool View with breakfast - Deluxe Pool View with breakfast.
- Fab 5th floor corner room - We had a fifth floor corner room which also came with a bath
- Fantastic location and good service. - We had 2 nights stay there. Arrived in the early morning. Ho
- Fine option near Thapae Gate - stayed here for one night but probably would have stayed a l
- Friendly Hotel on great Location - the (standard)rooms are almost new and clean, unfortunately
- Friendly staff, Great Location, Clean Room -
- good location, new hotel, comfort room, nice staff - good location in old city, new hotel, nice staff, comfort ro
- Good location, nice hotel - Good location, easy to walk around. Near to shopping and mai
- good service - I like the small hotel like this, it's easy to find out and
- good value hotel - we were there for 7 room nights; like the easy logistics get
- Great hotel, great location - Large modern hotel, right inside the old city by the Gate, p
- Great Location & Nice rooms! - For the price, breakfast could have eben included! Clean roo
- Great location , lacklustre service, subpar rooms - - Shower was alternately boiling hot/ cold
- Lighting in ro
- great location and lovely room - The hotel has an excellent location. It is near to Thapae Ga
- Great location but a bit noisy - We stayed for 3 nights in hotel M. Generally not bad, but th
- Great location but small rooms - the hotel staff are very helpful and friendly . the location
- Great location in the Old City - I decided at the last minute to stay at a hotel in the Old C
- Great location, clean room and friendly staff - Hotel M is really located in a good place in downtown Chiang
- Great location, Clean Room, Reasonable Price - M was renovated about a year or two ago. The location is gr
- Great location, friendly, helpful staff - Nice hotel with only one criticism...construction saw Noise
- Great location, great value for the price - Great location!! Good value for the money. Would definitel
- Great location. - we stayed there four days. great location for walking to all
- Great location - I really love this hotel, its very amazing because near walk
- Great Location - M Hotel is near many main attractions in Chiang Mai - within
- Great Location - Overall a very good stay. Easy to get to from airport and e
- Great location - Reasonable clean room. Friendly and helpful staff．
- Great location - The only issue we had was the air con was really poor, wifi
- Great position of travel. - if u don't bring your own car, i think this hotel is suitabl
- Lovely hotel ,service with a smile ,Great location - the standard rooms are new and clean,unfortunately the desk
- Lovely Stay - Location is right at Chiang Mai walking street. The Service
- nice and comfortable hotel - it's a really comfortable hotel and the transportaion is rea
- nice clean hotel - very clean room good service but small room , dont have carp
- Nice hotel at great location - Hotel M, a nice hotel at a great location in Chiang Mai
- Nice hotel good location located in the centre - Nice and clean room good service mind of receptionist .. Hav
- Nice hotel great location - Nice hotel. Friendly staff. Great location. Room was a bit s
- Nice location in the center of Chiengmai city - it's easy to fine hotel in the center of city, thapea area,
- Nice location - nice locations access to great local food, bars and seven el
- Not a bad hotel with good location helping it out - This hotel is right in the thick of things: walking access t
- Overpriced - the cost of the room with breakfast was excessive for thaila
- perfect location wonderful service. - Hotel is just close to everything and Sunday market,7-11 and
- Reasonable - i am satisfied for staying for buisiness trip and i think i
- Simply relaxation in the heart of downtown - friendly service and you can have a short walk to find good
- smelly, polluted water, noisy, not nice - smelly toilet, polluted water (turn the hot water tab on), n
- very good service all ways with a smile - The staff made my stay most enjoyable.I can not faulted.
- Very nice hotel with good ammenities - A pleasant stay with good and helpful staff.
Very good loca