Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1276)
February 03, 2010
Maneenarakorn, Chiangmai Thailand
quietness and cleanliness
January 26, 2010
Good Hotel, Location and a little Strange...
Big room with sitting area
Friendly, professional staff
Beautiful reception area
Good pool and facilities
We arrived at the room to find a jacuzzi in the middle of the living room. Very odd but a nice suprise. The rooms were a bit "coldly" decorated and felt a bit unfinished/haphazard.
Our view was of another derelict hotel and we had been put in a second "wing building". I felt that we had been put out of the way as budget guests.
Apart from that the rooms are massive, good facilities, nice bed etc. The hotel is beautiful, great breakfast and great staff. Good location near to walking street. Surrounded by a couple of good restaurants and shops.
Chiang Mai itself was a bit of a dissapointment, but that is another story.
Get a motorbike to see the attractions (taxis are expensive) or try and get a taxi driver for the day (there aren't any once you get out of the town).
Walk around walking street market for good bargains.
January 25, 2010
Friendly staff, good location, clean room with good view. Breakfast not bad.
The hotel is good value, ask for a room with a view. The staff are helpful, the hotel is clean and quiet and the food is reasonable. Location to the Night Bazar is about a 10 minute walk. Overall I would stay there again. It is on a busy road so you do hear a bit of noise but not too bad. Each room has all the mod cons including flat screen TV, tea and coffe etc. I enjoyed my 3 night stay there.
January 24, 2010
We have and will continue to stay here. Having tried many other hotels in various price groups, we still like the simplicity and efficiency of this place. We always stay in Deluxe or superior rooms in the main building, btw. Hotel location is good, breakfast fine, rooms clean (they have tiles rather than carpet) and we always sleep well. Free internet in the lobby is fast(ish) and reliable It's a case of 'why pay more?' We shall be back again soon.
January 21, 2010
I haven't stayed at ALL the hotels in Chiang Mai, though I've stayed in many, and in my opinion The Maninarakorn comes out on top. For the price it's well worth it. I read and noted the previous comments about unhelpful management, this is a typical problem in Thailand that I doubt will ever change, but in all my 15-20 stays here I have been lucky enough to have had no cause to complain about anything (Thank God). The Maraninakorn remains top of my list in Chiang mai.
January 20, 2010
Price, location, good place to stay!
Stayed here a lot over the last few months as we often need to spend a few days in Chiang Mai. To be blunt, this hotel can't be beat in my opinion. The price is good, the rooms have all you need for a short stay, the place is quiet, breakfast OK, everything is kept clean and in good condition . . . and the internet (free) is fast and reliable. We occasionally stay somewhere else but then always return here. Can I say more?
Families with young children
January 20, 2010
- Buffet lunch @ 139baht only during thursdays till sundays.
- service provided is good.
- great ambience in the hotel.
- location wise is acceptable.
It is really convenient since there's coffee house, 7-11 and a restaurant outside the hotel.
Service provided by the reception is great as they provided us with all our requests asap.
Walking distance to the Night Bazaar (around 10 mins walk) or can easily catch a tuk-tuk there for only 10baht per pax.
United States of America,
January 17, 2010
NIce hotel, Great location!
The location was awesome! It was 5 mins from the Chiang Mai airport and the night bazaar and it had its own driveway/court, therefore we were protected from the busy street. The hotel was clean, the breakfast was good, and the rooms were huge. Another great thing, there was a bank on the corner and a travel/tour shop across the street. So we didn't have to go far to check out things to do in the city.
We stayed two nights and were quite content with our stay. We didn't have a lot of time in the area, but we loved it none the less. The bell boys were great at carrying your luggage up all the stairs, bc there is no elevator on the side of the hotel we stayed on. The rooms are fantastic. They had a living room, seperate bathroom and a bedroom, so tons of space! Again, Really awesome location. 5 mins to the airport, 5 mins walking to the night bazaar. The price was really good too for the peak season.
the night bazaar in chiang mai is much better than the one in bangkok.
January 16, 2010
The room was large and beautifully decorated. There was a Jacuzzi tub in the living room. So this place is quite ideal for honeymoon/romantic. The bedroom was large and the bed is comfortable.
January 13, 2010
The hotel caters well for those who seek a few steps up from Chiang Mai's typical accommodation. The rooms are quite simply furnished yet lack nothing. I've stayed here many times and have always been reasonably satisfied. The hotel is quiet, even when full (though some Asian guests can appear quite inconsiderate). The location is OK and the area is quiet. We will keep returning to the Marinarakorn.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Maninarakorn Hotel, Chiang Mai
- A classic choice! - A classic choice, not a modern sterile hotel but a hotel tha
- a decent atemosphere - beware- they don't really clean the showers or tubs properly
- Amazing Wonderful Stay for Lovers and Family - this is one of the hotel that you are looking for if you are
- Avoid the Terrace - i've stayed here several times before and it is good value f
- Beautiful hotel in Chiang Mai - We love the architect and interior design of this hotel. Sta
- Beautiful hotel - we stayed in this hotel for three nights. the room was impre
- Chaing Mai charmer - The Maninarakorn Hotel was excellent value for the money. We
- cheap but very comfortable... - Our 4-night stay in the hotel was nice and enjoyable. we cou
- Clean hotel in good location - We stayed here for 7 nights as our first pit stop to begin o
- Comfortable stay - We stayed at the Maninarakorn Hotel for two days and were ge
- Comfy hotel - The hotel was in a very great location. Just a very short wa
- Convenient location - I arranged with the hotel and paid extra to upgrade the room
- decent hotel - Good hotel with a good location, not in the mian part of cha
- Feels good -
- Good but not great - great location, short walk to night markets and bar area. sh
- Good hotel -
- Good location, but not as friendly as I expected - The receptionist females was not friendly as we wish, only t
- Good location, good price - It's my 3rd time to live in the hotel. The best selling poin
- good location, good room size, good service - Staff are nice and have good communication. Hotel location i
- Good location, nice staff, care which rooms booked - we booked 3 rooms in the hotel. we should have paid more att
- Good location - It's located in good location closed to night bazaar. The ro
- Good location - The hotel is located in center, near 'night bazar' , new bui
- Good loction and thats all - Very dispoinred, we order from agoda, thay put us in the old
- good viewing - clean room and toilet.but small room.
very. friendly and ac
- Great hotel and excellent value - We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Maninarakorn. The staf
- Great hotel in a great city - the hotel is good, the room was really large, clean and comf
- Great Hotel in an Ideal Location - The hotel is well located, being only a short walk from the
- Great Hotel, all we needed, huge rooms! - we stayed in this hotel for 5 nights although we only planne
- Great hotel, fantastic service - . We had a suite which was so spacious and great for relaxin
- Great located hotel - We stayed in block next to hotel which had no lift but this
- Great location and big rooms - Loved the huge rooms with sitting areas provided. The rooms
- Great Location but a little bit creepy room - The room is big which should be good, but I find it a bit cr
- Great location but poor communication - Should be improved the service regarding the check in time b
- Great location, fab breakfast, good staff - Loved it. Separate living room, nice bedroom with lovely fur
- Hotel of moderate quality and reasonable price - This hotel is composed of two buildings. This one is older a
- large rooms, most uncomfortable bed - The Maninarakorn Hotel was our first stop in Chiang Mai, we
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - We enjoyed our stay at Maninarakorn Hotel. The location was
- Maneenarakorn, Chiangmai Thailand -
- Maninarakorn Hotel - hotel room are big,but not well decorated luckily i get a ro
- Maninarakorn - We booked a terrace room and were disappointed to find out t
- Nice Hotel and reasonable price - Good room to fair price.First i planed to stay 2 nights but
- Nice hotel close to night bazaar and other markets - The superior residence is large with a separate bedroom from
- Nice hotel in Chaing Mai - The hotel was centrally located in between the old town and
- Nice hotel, large rooms, good location - Efficient check-in with a smile, even though we arrived via
- Nice hotel - Location is quite good though a bit far from the Night Bazaa
- Nice hotel - Very reasonable in terms of price, room and services provide
- Nice location and big rooms. - The rooms at the Maninarakorn were enjoyable. Very large wi
- Nice place in Chiang Mai - The manninarakorn hotel is a very nice place, with friendly
- Nice place - The quality is really worth the price in low season. Maybe a
- Nice stay - The staff were very efficent and the hotel is clean and not
- Nice, clean - Please invest a little money in wireless routers so that cus
- Nice, comfortable, clean hotel - we really enjoyed staying here. the hotel was located near t
- Nice, comfortable, clean hotel - we really enjoyed staying here. the hotel was located near t
- Not a bad location - Not a bad hotel but one front office staff member was partic
- nothing fancy, nothing bad - this is a great example of you get what you pay for - if you
- Perfect breakfast - It's a well known hotel, can make taxi driver to find there
- Poor standard - We booked 2 triple sharing and 1 twin sharing rooms and have
- Smart hotel with friendly and polite staff. - The hotel is well situated for a stay in Chiang Mai. Overall
- Super Hotel - Would recommend this hotel to anyone - great place to stay.
- Terrace Wing - We stayed in the Terrace Wing rather than the main hotel whi
- Thai Style Rooms - Nice, homey feel in the older rooms. Front sitting area in
- The room advertised by Agoda was not good. - food no good, room small, swimming pool not pure blue
- Very nice hotel , large rooms - Maninarakorn hotel is a very nice hotel. It has large rooms
- We liked this Hotel - We have stayed here on several occasions recently, leaving w
- Wow! - I would stay there again anytime!