Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2521)
May 07, 2012
Hotel staff helpful.
Location within walking distance to Night market and walking street
Stay 3 noghts. This is our second stay in the hotel and we the reason is because of the location. The tour package are reasonable and overall service is above what is expected. Value for money
Lots of bars within vicinity.
May 05, 2012
good place to stay close to most place you want to see if you like shopping great foot massage lady across the road ask for ben she's amazing.
silk factory, silver factory, and the largest gem shop i have every been in. plus the usual temples ,tiger kingdom, king cobras. we seen the monkeys to but we didn't like the way they treated them.
May 05, 2012
Friendly staff, central location
close to the old city markets as well as the river and daily markets
Staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to the Thapae gate at the old city for the Saturday night market and also easy walking distance to the night markets and Mae Ping river. The breakfast is good. Would definitely stay again.
May 04, 2012
Clean rooms, friendly staff
As someone who is hard to please, I was very pleasantly surprised. Clean well furnished rooms, very friendly staff, and some beautiful Thai artwork in the rooms. I would definately stay there again.
United States of America,
May 04, 2012
Wonderful Hotel with one fatal flaw
Free meals, excellent service, beautiful courtyard, perfect room
i love this hotel, but i shall not return until i know that they have upgraded their wireless system. during the week of my stay (actually extended 3 days from the original booking)i could use the internet in my room only intemittently, and then the signal was almost always "poor" with one or two bars. at reception i received the suggestion to come to the lobby for a stronger signal, but it was about the same there - but a little stronger in the courtyard. several times i took a 5-10 minute walk to a coffee shop for a better wireless connection.
i had two other small problems at the hotel. i was charged 118 baht (59 baht a minute) for an international phone call on which i was never connected, except to hear some clicking sounds. the number was correct - i later made the call from an internet shop with no trouble.
the other problem arose in the courtyard, which was a great place for the free breakfasts and three free chicken kabob dinners that i had. non-smoking signs are posted near every table, but one morning a jerk was smoking at the table next to the one at which i would sit (the rain excluded most of the tables). i asked the staff to ask him to quit, but they would not insist after the jerk protested that he had been given an ash tray. finally i had to say something to the jerk, myself, which led to an altercation. it is too bad that in such a nice courtyard the staff are incapable of protecting the clean air and dealing, themselves, with customers who insist on polluting it. of course, thais generally avoid confrontations...bad karma, i think, whatever that is.
aside from these problems, i have to say that the service was definitely superior - never had free meals like this before, and one receptionist was a great help to me in translating an sms i had received in thai and in replying for me in thai in order to invite a friend to dinner.
The location is amid a lot of bars and massage parlors. My favorite place to relax in the afternoon is The Olde Bell, an English pub a couple of doors from the hotel. It has a large selection of draft and bottled beers (large for Thailand) and frequent buffets and other food specials. Above all, it has a staff that includes the friendly Welsh manager and up to five waitresses who speak pretty good English and with whom one can have more relaxed and intelligent conversation than in most establishments on the street. Also, great place to meet other ex-pats.
May 03, 2012
Clean rooms and staff attention to small details
this was one of the best hotels, for the price, that i have stayed in. the room was tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean as was the public areas.
breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of food. and it was hot food for a change.
the staff were very helpful and attentive. again a pleasant experience.
Next to hotel a good French Restuarant "Chez Marco" Excellent cuisine. On the other side an English Type Pub. "The Olde Bell"
Good selection of Draft Beers.
Within walking distance of markets and shops.
May 03, 2012
Great Hotel, location, staff.....It's got it all!
Good size rooms, quiet and location
my wife and i stayed here on two occasions while in chiang mai on our recent trip in april/may 2012. we stayed in the deluxe room on our first stay. we were then going to stay at another hotel on our return trip to chiang mai however enjoyed every part of our visit at the raming lodge that we cancelled our other plans and booked in again to the raming.
the room, bed and bathroom was everything we needed, clean and of good size. the breakfast buffet covered plenty of variety, however we didn't get the chance to eat in the restaurant for dinner so can't comment.
their toyota 4x4 airport pickup and drop off is a nice addon. staff were very pleasant!
this will now be our hotel of choice in chiang mai on future trips. highly recommended!
May 02, 2012
Very nice boutique hotel!
Location and friendly staff.
Very nice luxury hotel in a good area of Chiang Mai. Close to many markets and shops. Staff are excellent, and the breakfast was very gracious.
Tours can be easierly organised from the reception tour desk.
Close to the night markets and the nightlife bars.
May 02, 2012
Location is good, room is ok but many mosquitos
Location, shower, services are good
hotel location is good. washroom & shower is ok. front desk services good. the only problem is mosquitoes. breakfast is ok with good variety.
must go to riverside to have dinner , the good view - food is ok and the atmosphere there is good. spa is good in chiang mai too, must try.
May 01, 2012
Friendly Staff with great location
Breakfast was good, great location to all the night market.
You are made very welcome when you arrive. They have a drink waiting to welcome you. Then offer a free meal the first night. The room was above average in cleanliness, size and comfort. The location is excellent for shopping and night life. To all the night market was very easy by walking distance and by Songthaew only 20 Thai Baht u can reach most of the tourist spot.
The ChiangRai trip. This is a full day trip. It is around 8pm by the time you get back to the hotel. You get a good overview of the White temple, The Golden Triangle and The Long Neck Karen Village.Lunch was included, You visit Loas and the Myanmar border. Very well organized trip.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Raming Lodge Hotel, Chiang Mai
- 4 Nights At The Raming - I stayed in one of the junior suits and find that I can't re
- A charming hotel with great service, nice persk - the raming lodge hotel is very conveniently located - near t
- A good one! - This hotel is ideally located: walking distance to Thapae Ga
- A great hotel - our room at raming lodge hotel was lovely, being very comfor
- a nice hotel at a good price - this is my second stay at this hotel. I enjoyed the ameniti
- A nice stay in Raming Lodge - The location of Raming Lodge is strategic, not far from the
- A popular hotel - This stay was only of three days as the hotel was fully book
- a resort amidst the bars - never thought of finding a resort hotel within the area. it
- A stay at the Raming Lodge Hotel - The hotel has a very inviting and warm appeal. Certainly en
- Adequate - Enjoyed the guitarist each night as his music resonated soft
- All round great hotel - Raming is a very nice hotel that has everything to offer and
- always a pleasure - I have stayed in Raming lodge many times now and always been
- An all round good value hotel. -
- Another nice stay at Raming Lodge - I had stayed here before to knew what to expect. I wish all
- Average hotel - i chose this hotel because of its high ranking and good valu
- Awesome hotel. Great location. - Two single moms traveling with teens. We were able to book
- Beautiful hotel in city center - Well situated,near the Night bazar. Many massages saloons, b
- Bugs - The bed in room 307 was riddled with bedbugs. My wife was bi
- Business As Usual - I do business in Thailand regularly and have stayed at Ramin
- central location with pool - great hotel massive beds!! good location great staff
- Central location, but maybe too central! - The hotel is only 5 mins walk from the night bazaar, so is i
- Chaing Mia - Raming was a nice, clean hotel in the center of town and nea
- CHIANG MAI - WOULD NOT STAY HERE
- Clean, comfortable hotel in great location - A comfortable and pleasant stay. The staff were welcoming a
- Close to everything - Great location by lots of pubs, restaurants and massage plac
- Close to nightlife, great staff - i normally skip the free breakfast at any hotel i stay at, b
- Comfortable hotel with friendly staff - Hotel is situated close to the night market and with a range
- Comfortable hotel with many ammenities and a smile - Raming Lodge Hotel provides an ideal and comfortable gateway
- comfortable hotel with outstanding service - very pleased with stay,huge bed, very responsive staff great
- Convenient, Affordable Hotel - I loved it. Would absolutely book this hotel again when i tr
- Cosy Hotel with ncomfortable room. - The staff is very helpful and friendly. They speak good Engl
- Cosy stay near the Night Bazaar -
- Cozy friendly hotel - All the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Most of t
- Cozy, Comfortable, Clean - Great buffet.
- Does not meet advertised standards. - Power failures three consecutive days with smoke on third fl
- Easy to get around from here - This is a great place to start walking around the charming l
- Elaborate Thai-style accomadation - An elaborate Thai-style hotel. .Very good location just rig
- Excellent hotel and awesome location - a very nice hotel, bordering on somewhat classy. i felt ver
- Excellent location, friendly staff - Walking distance to lots of restaurants, massage, markets, s
- Excellent stay - We liked this hotel first time round, so came back from one
- Excellent travel hotel in good location - this hotel is in a good location with cafes and restraunts c
- Fantastic - “fantastic would stay again” hotel clean, staff great, break
- Friendly but 'Bar St' more for single gents. - as mentioned, the friendliness of all staff was a feature. t
- Friendly staff, good sized clean rooms, good food - Great stay, friendly staff, enjoyed our time there
- Good bargain - You can walk from here to every place in the city. One of th
- Good hotel with nice rooms. - raming lodge hotel provided much needed relief from the heat
- Good hotel, good location - I have stayed here many times and the front desk staff and o
- Good hotel - I loved the hotel. Some nights they had music which was rea
- Good Location and Friendly Staff - We arrived to our room which was simple
- Good location for the nightmarket - Reasonable hotel for the money. Music at night, which may or
- good location, hotel ok - the hotel is fine for a few days stay - clean, great breakfa
- good place to saty - We found the accommadations to be as expected. I stayed her
- good place - I would be glad to stay here again, great location in Chiang
- good service,rooms ok so was the breakfast. - had a problem with the car park,got home and found that my n
- Good Value for Money - The Raming Lodge is a good addition to the Chiang Mai hotel
- Great hotel and location - Great location, friendly staff, pick up and drop off at airp
- Great hotel at low price! - For the low price that I paid for this room, I expected a lo
- Great hotel in a very convenient location - Couldn't have been better. Although we did not plan it, we a
- great hotel n large rooms - the hotel was great. the staff were really friendly, and the
- Great hotel right in the city centre - Great hotel very close to the night market but without any n
- Great hotel with reasonable price - very nice hotel! the receptionist is very friendly and fluen
- Great hotel with very nice and helpfull staff. - The hotel staff is very helpfull and nice, all from the rece
- Great hotel. Great location and excellent staff - This has been by far the best hotel we have stayed in, in 4
- Great Hotel - Loved this hotel and such great value. The location is perf
- Great Hotel - We only stayed in this hotel for a night preceding a tour an
- Great Hotel - well located value for money hotel in chiang mai. clean tidy
- Great little hotel with pleasant service - we have stayed at this hotel twice for a couple of night. gr
- great location and the friendliest of staff - loved our stay there
massage too expensive but good
- Great location and very nice staff - Great! Great! Great! Highly recomended!!! we enjoyed the sta
- Great location but unfriendly staf - I just loved the location, the room was clean and beautifull
- Great location on busy street - my wife and i stayed at the raming lodge hotel while on our
- Great location, service, and amenities - we got the deluxe room with breakfast. it was beyond worth
- Great location, value for money - The staff at Raming went out of their way to make our chiang
- Great location, very nice hotel - Clean, large room. Very good breakfast. Good staff.
- Great location, very nice rooms. - we had a nice stay at this hotel, it was clean and the locat
- Great location, very spacious - We loved our stay at the raming lodge hotel. It was situated
- Great Location - its my first time in this hotel and the last people says lan
- great location - the location and service of this hotel was great. unfortuna
- Great Location - The staff were very helpful and courteous. Breakfast was del
- Great place to relax - flew in from bangkok and was greeted by friendly and helpful
- Great service and location - nice hotel located only a short distance from the old city w
- Great servide - the rooms were very spacious. the water pressure in the sho
- Great staff and a super nice location - We were there during the Thai new year. The streets were pac
- great value for money - Stayed here for 4 or so nights and loved it. Great location,
- Great Value for your Money - GREAT VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY!!
- great - this hotel is superb, great value for money and the s
- Hotel is like a 5 star at a 3 star price! - The hotel has an excellent location in the heart of Chiang M
- Hotel staff helpful. - Stay 3 noghts. This is our second stay in the hotel and we t
- Hotel very good with excellent location - everythings rules well,better than the excpectation.
- knowledgeable staff - enjoyed my stay in hotel, clean and decent room, with free a
- large clean rooms - we were very pleased with the staff and our room. reception
- Location is Great - great location and rooms are spacious. although it looks old
- Location, Location, Location - This hotel has a great location walking distance to night ma
- Loved Raming Lodge - We stayed 2 nights in Deluxe room with mountain view. We lov
- Lovely hotel great location - This hotel is in the heart off Chaing Mai very close to the
- Lovely hotel, great value for money. - What a lovely hotel; I wasn't sure what to expect for the pr
- Lovely pro family hotel - Most important thing was that hotel felt like home to us . P
- Marylene - This is my second time staying at Raming lodge. This time wi
- My second stay at the ramming lodge. - It was great. This is my second stay and I will stay there a
- My visit to Chiang Mai - I would definitely stay here again. This was my first visit