Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Amphoe Mueang Chiang Rai
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (704)
March 09, 2013
set in a big garden, cosy bar -
The hotel is one of the older one ones in Chiang Rai. Built as
a monsterous block on a river Island. The Hotel would need an overall renovation and shape up of management if it wants to compete with newer ones, who are built to reflect Thai style.
Families with older children
March 08, 2013
Traditional with river view but rather dated..
Lovely ground, River View
The hotel rooms are rather dated and should be modernised. The river view is a nice but it is a bit far from the city.
March 08, 2013
great for relaxation pleasure
good location, good breakfast, bigger room
well my stay was amazing and i felt very relaxed in the hotel, staff are very helpful and friendly so i would love to go back there.
United States of America,
March 02, 2013
aweseome setting and great value
wonderful setting, spacious rooms, great value
this is a lovely place to stay and very close to town. you can walk (1.5 km) or take a tuk tuk or taxi. the rooms are big. yes they need updating but this is se asia and my expectations are not the four seasons! actually, i liked the old style feel of the rooms. a nice break from the cookie cutter hotels we get in the usa. the bed is good, pillows are nice and its very quiet at night so its easy to sleep. i had the breakfast buffet one morning and i had wished they offered more healthy options(soy milk, better selection of fruits) versus what they offered which was mainly for an asian diet. the swimming pool is huge and really nice.
i would definitely stay here again. its great value.
IF you are in chiang rai for one night, you must go the night bazaar to eat the food and watch the shows.
February 28, 2013
Very old hotel. Staff is bit unorganized. Pool is big. Food quality and restaurant service is poor.
February 26, 2013
Excellent location and spectacular scenery
My parents and I stayed here one night. We were happy with the services even though the fitness room was fixing. The room was clean, but a bit old. I do agree with many previous comments that this hotel really needs to be renovated. For tennis lovers, I highly recommend that the tennis court surface be repainted. Overall, I think this hotel is still a good place to stay.
February 25, 2013
Comfortable rooms overlooking Mae Kok River
Apart from an error in totalling the final account, I had a very comfortable two days at this hotel. Rooms are well-furnished with good reading lights in bed, the windows open to allow fresh air and the swimming pool by the river is ideal for a relaxing swim or cold drink at the end of a hot day. Breakfast buffet very good - especially the fresh-brewed local coffee for those who like it strong and sweet. We also ate at The Peak - and were almost the only people there - but food and service excellent. Also China Town restaurant - again good food and good service.
Dusit is an ideal base for exploring Golden Triangle and Myanmar border town of Tachiliek. Don't miss seeing the stunning "Black House" - as at Concierge as it is not mentioned in any guide books.
February 25, 2013
great location but in need of renovation
Nice environment, great location, friendly staff.
The hotel is, however not 5 stars and needs an urgent renovation.
February 24, 2013
Great location but in need of serious rennovation
The Dusit resort in CR is located a short distance (about 10-15 minutes by taxi) outside the city of Chiang Rai. The grounds of the resort are picturesque, with a river flowing very nearby, mountains in the far distance, and green area with a nice pool. We had a standard room, which was of good size and had a nice view of the hotel grounds. The room was old looking, but still livable, with a LCD TV. The bathroom had a bathtub and separate shower. The resort has four restaurants: Chinese cuisine served at Chinatown, Western and steakhouse specialties at The Peak (looks like the nicest) and all-day dining from a menu of Thai and international favorites at the Island Cafe. We ate at the Island Cafe, which was simple in style with average food. The resort had a fitness center but it was closed. The pool was very large and nicely situated. A bar was located next to the pool for refreshments. The resort has a nice cellar pub & games room where they offer a wide range of alcohol drinks, wine and beer, as well as various games such as snooker, darts, chess, etc. My biggest complaint (and only serious complaint) was the taxi service from the hotel to the city. In the evening we waited about 20-25 minutes for a taxi and then gave up and ate at the hotel. When we checked out, we again waited for 20 minutes at least and finally had to take the hotel’s van at 300 baht to take us the short distance to the bus station. I think the hotel management should make sure their guests are not stressed by the lack of a reliable taxi service. Actually, I’ve never experience such poor transportation services in the 100s of hotels I’ve visited.
February 23, 2013
big rooms big pool excellent service
view pool very good restaurant on top floor
Like any big hotel like Sheraton etc good service rooms are very spacious and we had a nice view
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai
- a hotel on its own , on a little island very nice - most beautiful lobby and grounds , good breakfast.rooms are
- A proper resort in Chiang Rai - We had just finished a 4 day cycle tour so we felt like some
- Absolutely Wondrefull - nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
so enjoyable, w
- Aged Asian with a flair - Absolutely no negatives to report. Everything was exactly a
- best hotel aaa+ - simply the best place i/we have stayed in Thailand. the food
- Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai -
- Dusit, 5* as always - enjoyble stay in true 5* resort. facilities were good, large
- Friendly staff, lovely pool, good location - We stayed in a delux room which was spacious and clean and g
- Good location but the decoration quite old style - Good services but the old decoration should renovate. I like
- good location,nice hotel but pricey - nice hotel,getting a bit old but still ok.Great pool and goo
- Grande! That is how to describe this place. - Grande hôtel! This place is amazing, and the grounds are a j
- Great delux room with superb river viw - have stayed here many times, and rate it the best value for
- Great Dusit . a little dated, clasic style - The hotel is right on the bank of the Kok river, fantastic v
- great location, great deal - i'm juz tired after walking at walking street and looking fo
- Great location - Hotel old and out of style in many ways. Always very busy wi
- Great place as expected from Dusit style - as a European originating Thai food lover you get once in a
- Great pool and expansive and beautiful grounds - This is possibly one if the most exceptional hotels in Chian
- Great service - Breakfast was very good. All the staffs are very friendly an
- huge hotel - Large luxurious hotel, not too far from town. The rooms are
- Loacal country resort - The rooms were very wide and clean.However, there are many w
- lovely hotel and service with a smile - this is a very nice hotel. my room is very large and confora
- Lovely hotel and very friendly staffs - Room was very quiet and clean. Hotel staffs are taking good
- Luxurious hotel in chiang rai - Our stay in suite room was fantastic, the room and living ro
- Nice hotel but far from town. - Hotel is out away from town and has not easy to use taxi ser
- Nice hotel in Chiang Rai -
- Nice hotel with good view of surroundings. - Rooms are a bit rundown, need a makeover. Service and food i
- Nice luxuary hotel, a bit dated but good service - i upgraded to a suite, there was a promotion, and it include
- Nice - Nice hotel and very nice swimming pool, room start to get ol
- One of the worst experiences ever - We have stayed at this resort twice before and loved it. Per
- Relaxing hotel with a beautiful view - My wife and I were quite happy with our stay here. The loca
- set in a big garden, cosy bar - - The hotel is one of the older one ones in Chiang Rai. Built
- Spacious rooms with pleasant views of river. - enjoyed staying at dusit island resort as lobby very grand,
- The hotel has a greate location on an Island - I come to Chiang Rai many times a year to visit friends. A c
- Very pleasant with attentive staff - The hotel is old, but well maintained. The staff is courteo
- Wonderful Hotel - We have been to Chiang Rai several other times but were unab