Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Amphoe Mueang Chiang Rai
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
May 18, 2012
Great hotel one of the best that l haved stayed at
Great service ,nice clean and comfortable room and just a wonderful breakfast.
May 09, 2012
Modern hotel with all the features
Great hotel, has all the mod cons and easy walk to the bus station.
We caught the bus from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai. We walked our bags to the hotel as it was little more than a block.This is a large modern hotel that caters to bus trips as well as smaller groups. The breakfast is relatively expensive but very good in relation to the variety available.The night bazaar is a block away as well and the street of bars and restaurants is only a street away so its very central.
May 06, 2012
Clean hotel, right in the middle of chiang rai
clean, central, nice breakfast
the hotel, as already mentioned above, has a very nice location - central in chiang rai close to many restaurants, night market, (the day market itself is within 10-15 minutes walking distance). the rooms are clean (the carpets a little bit old and think, accumulating to much dust), the staff helpful, breakfast is very nice organized and quite various and tasty;
unfortunately, the advertised wireless connection is not available in room; it can be purchased, but then it's very slow and completely missing (yes, after buying log-in, it's simply not working);
also the overall look of the hotel and room is not related to the price to be paid;
i think the price/quality ratio is by far better with a non-advertised room/hotel, just along the street.
the best attraction(s) of chiang rai is probably the many cafes, small restaurants, bars and small streets to be discovered in the center and round it.
a simple walk around and goal-less traveling, reveals quite a lot of the charm of the city.
also renting a motorscooter and going into the land is quite nice - cool air, green landscapes, mountains, temples.
the night market - within 2 mins walking distance from the hotel - is for a sure one of the most famous things in chiang rai city. it's not very big, but many things to buy - mostly cloth and cheap jewelry.
May 04, 2012
Good big hotel in excellent location
The superior room was well appointed and had a homely feel wit dard carpets and nice angled window view ,the swimming pool was great
The breakfast was a buffet type with a broad rang of eastern and western options,all fairly good.the swimming pool was big and clean and nice at the end of the day.the Wi Fi was only free in the lobby and only worked at one particular desk which took a long time to find out from the management.location is excellent close to the old bus station,night markets and very central.
Si fi is free only in reception and only works at a small desk to the right of reception
April 29, 2012
walking distance to the market, but the hotel needs to upgrade the furniture and ambience
April 19, 2012
Mediocre hotel in a convenient location
Near to the Chiang Rai Night Bazaar
Service was friendly but the room that I had was dank and musty.
No air conditioning on the 5th Floor lift lobby so in the summer heat, I was sweating the moment I left my room. The power extension and hair dryer that were provided were not working but I didn't bother getting them replaced.
Location is strategic; a 2 minutes walk to the Night Bazaar, 5 minutes to Jet Yod Road (nightlife) and 8 minutes to the infamous Clock Tower.
Wat Rong Khun (White Temple) is a must-see. Go early to avoid crowds. The temple opens promptly at 8am.
Families with young children
April 11, 2012
this hotel is dated. it still displays a four star rating from 2008, but now at best it is 3 stars. bear in mind, the city is not big, and as with most accommodations in thailand, you get what you pay for. 5 minutes walk from night markets that sell all kinds of clothes, souvenirs, and food. the rooms are pretty clean, fairly big, and the staff are friendly and polite. airport transfer through the hotel was seamless and efficient. breakfast wasn't bad, but it was by no means the best i've had, and in my experience most thai hotels struggle in this department, so this wasn't entirely unexpected. the whole hotel could use a facelift. pool looked average. i would stay here again, but not for longer than a couple of days.
April 09, 2012
Great Location, rooms alittle dated
Walking distance from some great places to eat
Stayed here a number of times, the service is always good! Rooms could do with some modernisation.
Night brazaar is only 5 minutes walk for a great choice of food!
April 05, 2012
nice but dated hotel
Plus; swimmingpool, breakfast , location
it's dated but wel maintained; an old pool en terras, rooms and building are well maintained but more noisy then newer buildings.
Wifi is free in the lobby but doesn't function becasue of bad signal. They won't fix this. Aipoirt pickof/up costs 200 bath.
Atmosfeer is not very personal.
April 02, 2012
Great location, great breakfast
Location, lobby, breakfast
This hotel is very nice at first glance, the reception lobby and hallways are immaculate. But, once inside the room, it appears to need some renovation. The carpet was worn and grimy, an old-fashioned TV with few channels, and a worn out bathtub. Wi-fi was not include as advertised by Agoda, and the free wi-fi in the lobby did not work. The location is excellent, and the breakfast was also very good. Not good value at this high price.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Wiang Inn Hotel, Chiang Rai
- Air Conditioning system in the rooms is not good. -
- Best value hotel in Chiang Rai - Stayed at this hotel many times and never disappointed. Alwa
- central location and great breakfast - check in was easy and painless, staff very attentive and wel
- clean and tidy chain hotel - the hotel is well situated in central chiang mai, and is wit
- Clean but bathroom too small - Wiang Inn Hotel is a great hotel. Room is very clean but the
- cozy lobby, fair seized rooms, great location - enjoyable, pleasant rest after a long day out in the cozy lo
- Excellent hotel - We stayed in 4 Thai hotels over a period of one week and thi
- Fantastic hotel in a very convienent location - Thoroughly enjoyed our two nights at this hotel. Great roo
- Friendly and Efficient Hotel Staff - The room was very impressive for the rate offered. Internet
- Good Choice in Chiang Rai - Made the reservation at the last minute to join friends alre
- good location - I stayed at wiang inn for three nights. The staff there were
- good location - the hotel was located great near the night market and restau
- Good Stay - You can catch the Sam-Lor (three wheel) or pedicab at the fr
- great breakfast - don't forget to eat honey with toast!
and batongkou(kinds o
- Great hotel for relaxing at the end of a long day. - I find this hotel very relaxing.
The rooms are spacious and
- Great hotel one of the best that l haved stayed at - Great service ,nice clean and comfortable room and just a wo
- Great location in the middle of town. - Location is the selling point. Rooms are a little tired and
- Great location with good size rooms - i liked this hotel. it had everything i look for in a hotel.
- Great location, shame about the service - Hotel is in a great location, restaurants and bars literally
- Great location....but nothing special - Stayed at Wiang Inn a few times because it's conviently loca
- Great location - First I saw the hotel I think it too old but when I walk in
- Great location - Great location just around corner from night markets. Comfo
- Great Location - Hotel was very nice and just walking distance from the main
- Handy but expensive - The hotel location is very central but as Chiang Rai lacks q
- hotel with comfort bed - location was good near to the night market,the roombig enaug
- I have good time at hotel. -
- love place - Good location. Near transport and bus interchange. The peopl
- many excellent features that appeal to a Western - As good as the features were the price of the hotel was not
- Need to improve service of reception. - Reception guys don't know any place in Chiang Rai. Unable to
- Nice hotel with good staff. - Located in downtown Chiang Rai. Many shops, restaurants, ni
- not a bad hotel - fairly old and tired, the staff are pretty helpful, right ne
- Not very friendly - has had better times - Great location in the centre of Chiang Rai. Hotel / lifts /
- nothing more, nothing less - Building is little bit old, but rooms are renovated and comf
- Ordinary Hotel, but good location - Very ordinary large hotel. Pool looked nice, but was closed
- quite good hotel - Registration staff were not smiling and rather abrupt. I ha
- Rooms tired looking, could do with refurbishment, - In quite a good position for restaurants.
- Simple but Comfortable - - reception is polite and kind.
- bed in its Deluxe Suite ma
- very good location - we are very pleased with the hotel
- very good, clean rooms with great location. - Had a pleasant one night stay with a nice room, friendly sta
- Wiang Inn Hotel -
- Worse hotel in 10 years - I could write a book about a the negative things this hotel
- ต้องการรับข่าวสาร เพราะ ต้องเดินทางไปเชียงรายบ่อย - The hotel is conveniently colated in the heart of Chiang Rai