Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
February 11, 2012
clean and tidy chain hotel
great location and a well appointed reception. Clean, large well air-conditioned bedrooms and a large, comfortable bed.
the hotel is well situated in central chiang mai, and is withing walking distance of almost anything that you would wish to visit wihtin the bounds of the city.
the breakfast was adequate, and varied - typical of others i have visited in thailand.
for what we paid, i felt that we received good value for money.
there was a decent sized pool, however we did not use it on our visit.
I suggest a walk to the night market, and there is a square surrounded by places to eat which are very cheap and tasty!
January 25, 2012
Feels like an American business hotel
Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, good breakfast buffet
The hotel was standard but comfortable, with solid if non-atmospheric rooms
The staff were very friendly and helpful
The location is great' in the centre of town
Downsides are the lack of wireless Internet ion the room (and even in the lobby you have to pay), and the staff were not very knowlable about where to go, what to do, or even details of flights out of Chiang Rai
Overall tough, very happy with this hotel
January 22, 2012
Good hotel, well situated.
A good hotel although price/performance is not too best. Past 10 years we have stayed in many diverse hotels, than Wiang Inn compares as quite expensive.
United States of America,
January 20, 2012
Nice hotel but rooms need updating and bathroom and mini bar was very old and dirty. Some mold in bathroom. Not worth the money for a superior suite.
January 18, 2012
we had a great time in chang rai, none of which was actually due to choosing the wiang inn hotel but it was still a pleasant stay none the less.
the location is just at the end of the main street, literally 2 minutes walk to the night bazaar, restaurants and entertainment which is definitely the main reason we booked.
the hotel's lobby is the most modern looking part of the hotel, the guest's floors are all very old and dated. similar to the rooms but they were clean and suited us for our stay, we booked a couple of full day tours so we were just happy with somewhere clean and decent to come home to at the end of the day.
the bathroom was tiny, the best was hard and we had early risers next door and the walls seem paper thin at times, even being able to hear just normal conversation. the staff were nice enough, service was really non existent here but they were there if you had a simple question or request.
breakfast was ok, just the usual that you would come to expect from a hotel in this class. on our last day before leaving for chiang rai it was very busy and things were lucky to get replenished if at all - eggs, milk, juice etc.
didn't use the hotels tour desk, went in there but it wasn't very inviting. we used a local tour company, if you go right down the main street out of the hotel, past the night bazaar, over the other side of the road - look diagonally left you will see a small tour shop with some books outside and pictures. we booked 2 full day tours with them and both were fantastic.
would we stay here again? probably, for the price we paid and the hotels location we would. a lot of the bigger hotels we noticed had free shuttles etc to the night bazaar area so if you are considering one of those for a similar price i would go with them.
The main restaurant in the Night Bazaar, very cheap food and it was always awesome!
Families with young children
January 16, 2012
Good location and friendly service
Although the hotel is showing its age, the service was good, room comfortable and facilities more than adequate. Bit surprised that there was no free wireless broadband in the rooms but at 100 baht for four days the cost hardly broke the bank. Trips easy to book, although would have cost less if booked outside hotel, and a short walk to the night market which is a good place to while away a few hours in the evening. Plenty of places to eat - choice of Thai, Japanese, Chinese and Western - nearby as well as loads of foot massage centrex.
The Saturday night market is a must visit if in Chian Rai over the weekend.
January 15, 2012
Great central location
nice spacious room. breakfast choice was good. free parking.
we stayed for 3 days in chiang rai which was enough to explore the city and surrounding tourist attractions. the hotel was spacious and modern although the room looked a little 'tired'
A visit to Wat Rhon Kun (white temple) is a must. About 10km south of Chiang Rai it was an easy drive from the hotel.
January 13, 2012
Near to market at Night time
this is the hotel in central part of chiang rai which made us to be happy all the services . one thing staffs of hotel, they are alway welcome us in any time with their smiles.
we are appreciated with their manner.
Market in front of Temple by the night time which you can get every to eat which was the new experiences for us. Our tourist guide from bangkokasiatrave ,Mr.Zame took us to explore everything over . It was lovely activities by the night time.
January 12, 2012
Location OK, room very bad
The hotel has a good location. staff were helpful, but room very dirty. There were mold in the carpet, so my wife and I got sick from breathing in the room. We could not stay in the room very long. The hotel should change the carpet for tiles, so people can breath in the room
Hill tribe, temples
January 11, 2012
apparently his used to be the number one hotel in chiang rai 25 years ago but it's gone downhill since then. definetly more like a 3 star hotel now. rooms are a decent price and 2 minutes away from the night bazaar. rooms are clean enough but really could use a serious clean. the bathrooms really need renovation,
breakfast buffet was big and included an omelette station. wifi in lobby free and purchased in room wifi for 100 baht.
overall, if you have a short time in chiang mai and want freedom to walk around city and not worry about getting tuk tuks, stay here. otherwise definitely spend a bit more to stay at a higher end hotel for some relaxation.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Wiang Inn Hotel, Chiang Rai
- Air Conditioning system in the rooms is not good. -
- Best value hotel in Chiang Rai - Stayed at this hotel many times and never disappointed. Alwa
- central location and great breakfast - check in was easy and painless, staff very attentive and wel
- clean and tidy chain hotel - the hotel is well situated in central chiang mai, and is wit
- Clean but bathroom too small - Wiang Inn Hotel is a great hotel. Room is very clean but the
- cozy lobby, fair seized rooms, great location - enjoyable, pleasant rest after a long day out in the cozy lo
- Excellent hotel - We stayed in 4 Thai hotels over a period of one week and thi
- Fantastic hotel in a very convienent location - Thoroughly enjoyed our two nights at this hotel. Great roo
- Friendly and Efficient Hotel Staff - The room was very impressive for the rate offered. Internet
- Good Choice in Chiang Rai - Made the reservation at the last minute to join friends alre
- good location - I stayed at wiang inn for three nights. The staff there were
- good location - the hotel was located great near the night market and restau
- Good Stay - You can catch the Sam-Lor (three wheel) or pedicab at the fr
- great breakfast - don't forget to eat honey with toast!
and batongkou(kinds o
- Great hotel for relaxing at the end of a long day. - I find this hotel very relaxing.
The rooms are spacious and
- Great hotel one of the best that l haved stayed at - Great service ,nice clean and comfortable room and just a wo
- Great location in the middle of town. - Location is the selling point. Rooms are a little tired and
- Great location with good size rooms - i liked this hotel. it had everything i look for in a hotel.
- Great location, shame about the service - Hotel is in a great location, restaurants and bars literally
- Great location....but nothing special - Stayed at Wiang Inn a few times because it's conviently loca
- Great location - First I saw the hotel I think it too old but when I walk in
- Great location - Great location just around corner from night markets. Comfo
- Great Location - Hotel was very nice and just walking distance from the main
- Handy but expensive - The hotel location is very central but as Chiang Rai lacks q
- hotel with comfort bed - location was good near to the night market,the roombig enaug
- I have good time at hotel. -
- love place - Good location. Near transport and bus interchange. The peopl
- many excellent features that appeal to a Western - As good as the features were the price of the hotel was not
- Need to improve service of reception. - Reception guys don't know any place in Chiang Rai. Unable to
- Nice hotel with good staff. - Located in downtown Chiang Rai. Many shops, restaurants, ni
- not a bad hotel - fairly old and tired, the staff are pretty helpful, right ne
- Not very friendly - has had better times - Great location in the centre of Chiang Rai. Hotel / lifts /
- nothing more, nothing less - Building is little bit old, but rooms are renovated and comf
- Ordinary Hotel, but good location - Very ordinary large hotel. Pool looked nice, but was closed
- quite good hotel - Registration staff were not smiling and rather abrupt. I ha
- Rooms tired looking, could do with refurbishment, - In quite a good position for restaurants.
- Simple but Comfortable - - reception is polite and kind.
- bed in its Deluxe Suite ma
- very good location - we are very pleased with the hotel
- very good, clean rooms with great location. - Had a pleasant one night stay with a nice room, friendly sta
- Wiang Inn Hotel -
- Worse hotel in 10 years - I could write a book about a the negative things this hotel
- ต้องการรับข่าวสาร เพราะ ต้องเดินทางไปเชียงรายบ่อย - The hotel is conveniently colated in the heart of Chiang Rai