Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (492)
January 30, 2013
Great hotel, fantastic pool
really nice hotel, setting, rooms, restaurants but staff were nowhere near as accommodating and friendly as other 4-5 star hotels on the island. the mercure hideaway knocked spots off everywhere for customer service!
January 24, 2013
Nice hotel, great swimming pool
Great spa, very attentive and friendly staff
We stayed here on our honeymoon. It was lovely. There are there restaurants plus a bar cafe and plenty of activities in or around the hotel, so you could stay here the whole time, if you wanted to. The pool is lovely and there are plenty of sun loungers by the pool and along the waterfront which offer very nice views.
The spa treatments were excellent.
One of the best features was the attention to detail by the staff. They were very proficient and had arranged for a special honeymoon suite for us complete with rose petals and chocolates.
January 18, 2013
Great breakfast, nice pool, but old rooms
great breakfast, nice pool, competent service and management
Very nice hotel, not too far from some action and restaurants at white sand beach. Wonderful beach, always some beach chairs available even now during high season. Stayed in Deluxe Seaview room. The room needs updating, the old 21 inch TV doesnt fit in this hotel category and the price we paid. The room shows wear and decor needs renovation. The leaking aircon and water dropping from the ceiling was dealt with professionally and fast. The staff is very well trained, the breakfast buffet is the best I have ever had. Would go back because facilities, location, pool, beach, service and breakfast and book the most inexpensive room and not the overpriced deluxe seaview anymore if they dont update the decor.
January 17, 2013
Wonderful spacious rooms with wood floors and closets, great bathrooms (noted mold in corners of shower), amazing breakfast buffet, beautiful Infinity pool, excellent friendly, efficient service, very enjoyable entertainment in lounge
Families with older children
January 10, 2013
Lovely Hotel, great service.
The hotel was very comfortable, relaxing by the sea was beautiful. The buffet breakfast was good. Service was great. The rooms are large and comfortable. We liked the location as it was far enough from noisy and over- crowded White Sand Beach.
We enjoyed out stay overall. However, there are a few comments I would like to make which hopefully could improve the resort.
The room's decor needs urgent updating as it is not up to a luxury resort standard. They need to change their TV to a large flat screed LCD and improve the cupboard situation and re decorate the rooms.
Also there are a lot of Mosquitos at dusk and they should have fly screens on all doors and windows for people like us who do not wish to sleep with the air- conditioning on.
As for their restaurant, the prices are very expensive and the food is far from great.
No wonder it was practically empty every night.
I would have liked to have more activities such as yoga or other group sport actively available at the resort. They do have yoga advertised but they charge 100 Baht for it which I feel is the wrong thing to do. During our stay, we did not see anybody doing yoga at any time. The Centara resort next door provide yoga lessons every morning at 8 am free of charge. We actually participated with their group a few mornings and they were very gracious and did not even charge us for it. Also I feel that they should have entertainment by the pool/dining area in the evenings. They did have wonderful singers at the bar. But we were the only ones there as it is much more pleasant to sit outdoors by the sea in the evenings and enjoy the sea breeze.
Overall, it was an enjoyable stay, even though it was very overpriced. We stayed at the Shangri-La in Bangkok before arriving at Koh Chang for almost the same price as the Amari, and the quality of the Shangri- La as far as rooms, food, services and facilities provided is far far better than the Amari. It is incomparable!
It is better to eat in the restaurants near the resort.
There are done lovely sea food restaurants for a fraction of the cost.
It is nice to hire motor cycles and go tour this lovely island.
January 07, 2013
One of best on the island
My husband and I have been to the Amari Emerald Cove twice now. Unfortunately it has lost a better of its shine from our first time. We had a bit of a problem with our room on arrival as we had booked and paid 6 months in advance and didn't get what we had paid for, BUT they did move us the next day, so we were quite happy with the service.Staff were excellent and always happy. The pool is excellent and at night there was always something happening. We will go back again for sure.
Families with older children
December 31, 2012
beautiful scenery & comfortable hotel
the scenery everywhere inside hotel is beautiful , good service.
the scenery inside hotel is sobeautiful and feel comfortable everywhere. hotel's staff full of smile and service mind. the room is so big and clean. the pool is too narrow and the sea scenery in front of the hotel is so-so.
Hotel Feature Tip:
very good place for relax and take a picture.
December 29, 2012
Great Location, but the room was not as booked.
Amari Emerald Cove, Koh Chang (Trad), Thailand
On arrival we were not greeted the same as the other people booking in.We got no welcome drink or a fresh wet wipe.
I went to this hotel last year and it was brilliant, this time it was crap and for the price we paid it should have been 5 star and not the 2 star that we had endured. I SHALL NOT BE BACK.
December 23, 2012
Gorgeous location, good hotel.
The beach is great, as is breakfast.
A very good hotel on a gorgeous location. The beach is great for lounging and swimming. Breakfast is worth getting out of bed for; there is a vast choice, but Asian and Western. There can be some noise from nearby resorts, but this is Thailand; there will be noise everywhere.
December 22, 2012
Clean Rooms and Good Pool
The stay was pretty comfortable. Rooms were very clean and the Swimming Pool was very nice.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Amari Emerald Cove, Koh Chang (Trad)
- Beautiful resort, helpful staff and awesome food - The private beach was clean and easily accessible. The food
- Best hotel in Kochang - Good room and good restuarant with great hospityality. The
- Best hotel on Koh Chang - cons:
- no fresh Thai noodle soup for breakfast
- very slo
- Best upscale hotel on the west side of Koh Chang - My fiance and I had a nice stay at this hotel in early Decem
- Big Hotelroom but old Decoration - the most of the staffs are quite nice, but the beach is too
- Clean rooms and Friendly staff - Th hotel is located about 10 min drive from the main shoppin
- Everything I expected - Pool was dirty but in saying this it was being closed down f
- friendly staff - Convenience room and good service e.g. room upgrade
- good hotel not wonderful beach - the location and position is perfect, you can go out by walk
- Great hotel, fantastic pool - really nice hotel, setting, rooms, restaurants but staff wer
- Great hotel - hi enjoyed staying at this hotel even though in my eyes it s
- great hotel - This hotel is great. All staffs grant a warm welcome. The be
- Great place for relaxing - Great place for relaxing, specially in off season where the
- Lovely Hotel and friendly service - Hotel was according to expectations but some signs of wearin
- lovely - very nice hotel clean room very good stuf very good room goo
- Nice rooms, good location. - Nice place. Big 5 star hotel.
- perfection - free wifi, Location, great amenities
- Quite and relaxing place - The hotel is very nice and staff is very helpfull und friend
- relaxing - It's a very comfortable hotel, good location. I really like
- Stunning Resort - Great food, beautiful resort, great service, pool was stunni
- Top Quaity room, great setting AMAZING pool & food - We were blown away by the resorts grounds and the pool. It i
- very nice hotel - very nice hotel great stay, nice beach swimming in sea and p
- Well Designed Resort with Good Amenities - Amari is a great resort. Would have been perfect if Amari ca
- Wonderful..... - We sstayed there in March 09 and had a great time.
We got an