Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1087)
January 13, 2013
Nice place, remote on Phi Phi, far from bar scene.
good staff, french manager, a bit far from the centre, you have to take their 150thb boat taxi or more expensive when it's out of the schedule... but you go there to relax.
January 12, 2013
For me, picking Relax was probably a mistake. I wanted to get out, see the island, meet new people. Unfortunately, the resort is very isolated, so if you go anywhere else, its almost impossible to get back (unless you want to scramble through the jungle). The longtails dont want to come to that part of the island.
There are multiple staff members but nothing gets done quickly. They charge for absolutely everything. A longtail to another part of the island is at least 600 baht. The Wifi is only available at reception. They reserve the right to cancel an excursion and STILL CHARGE YOU!. They make you bring your laundry to them. The food is not great. The accommodation is basic. The staff give the impression they really dont care about the guests.
I cut short my stay there by one week (with no refund) because it was in my opinion the worst resort i've ever stayed at.
If you want to simply lie on a beach all day, maybe do some snorkelling and nothing else, then this is the place for you (although there are much better places for this elsewhere). If you're a normal person/couple who wants to enjoy their holiday, don't come here, its simply not value for money.
Go somewhere else...
United States of America,
January 09, 2013
Rustic and relaxing
The beach, the viewpoint hike,
phi phi relax beach resort
when you arrive at tonsai port there are a hundred hotel vendors waiting with signs to pick up guests from the pier and escort them to their perspective accommodations either by foot through town or by water taxi if accessible (in our case, necessary). our reps were barefooted young men in navy blue t-shirts with "relax beach resort" in yellow writing printed across them. relax beach resort has a scheduled transfer from the pier to the property at 4:00-5:00 (depending on the ferry's arrival) and another at 6:00pm. they charge you 150 baht per person when you check in at the resort for this transfer. the resort reps at the pier have a list of passengers that have signed up for a particular transfer time. these people get priority boarding and the boats are often full. call or email the hotel to confirm a time to ensure that your name will be on the list for the scheduled transfer time needed. otherwise you will pay 300-400 baht per person for a independent water taxi. the boat ride is about 35 min. in good weather. they anchor off shore and you'll need to wade through thigh high water to get to land. meanwhile, the staff handles the bags by carrying them to shore perched upon their heads. quite an experience and if your open to it, quite fun.
we had a coral bungalow which is ocean front and on the outer edge of the property for less noise and more privacy. being on the edge of the property we had boulders in front of our bungalow instead of beach but we still had the same ocean view as the beachfront bungalows and a short pathway from our porch to the sand. as their website mentions, there is no electricity in the bungalows from 6am-6pm. and there is no hot water. we expected this, so no big deal. the room was as clean as an unsealed bungalow can be expected. they make your room up daily and every other day they provide new towels. it did get humid and hot in the room when we shut the windows to leave for the afternoo
Don't bring children with you into town in the evening. It can be rated X at times.
January 06, 2013
Rustic and charming resort in a beautiful setting
Private beach, tranquility
first of all the restaurant here is not too expensive and you can order basic thai food, such as pad thai and tom yum soup, for baht. the western dishes are double the price, which is normal in thailand. it's a nice place to spend a few hours eating or reading, the mango lassi which was especially good!
the bungalows are very basic but quite charming and i encountered no animals there, despite some reviews. the further you are from the jungle the better, as you're likely to get less wildlife. the crabs on the beach in the evening/morning are interesting and harmless and will run back to their holes as soon as they see you. the reef is one of the best i experienced in the andaman area (lots of colourful fish, big clam shells) but note that all the finger coral has been destroyed in the area so it's not stunning. it's also easiest to enter the water after lunch when the tide comes in.
the path to tonsai is a very narrow track through the wild jungle so not for the faint-hearted! there are all sorts of lizards on the way but it's certainly worthwhile to see the viewpoint at the top. note that viewpoint 3 is the one to aim for and it's also free. tonsai is a charmless and very busy tourist trap, so best to avoid it.
i'd recommend one or two nights here, unless you want a whole week of doing nothing.
January 05, 2013
Quaint and quiet
away from the noise and busy feel of Ton Sai Town
We enjoyed our rustic beach hut at Relax. The staff are very friendly and the food was great (which is good since it's about a 1 hour walk to town or 20-30 minute boat ride). They pick you up from the ferry in Ton Sai for 150 THB per person.
Great place to relax and swim in the ocean with minimal distractions.
We highly recommend the hike to the viewpoint.
December 30, 2012
great location and service with a smile
the resort is perfect for relaxing. the beach is great and you can swim with the fishes.
i had a great time, unfortunately too short. i stayed only two days, but i got time to appreciate the overall environment. it is perfect for a relaxing vacation. bed and pillows were not very confortable, but the view from the bangalow was fantastic.
Hotel Feature Tip:
if you want a massage during your staying there, you shall reserve at least the day before. there are only 3 masseuse and always fully booked.
December 26, 2012
Fantastic festive season break
Great service, clean rooms, beautiful beach, incredible restaurant
We arrived just in time for the christmas eve extravaganza, the night was thoroughly enjoyed by all. Great for a peaceful retreat from the bustling tourist centres.
December 25, 2012
Isolated place and good food
The room rate is not cheap based on poor facilities, besides, we need to pay extra per person from the pier of koh phi phi to the relax beach resort for a single trip (at the pier while we were waiting for more guests to take the boat the staffs didn't inform us we need to pay the transportation fee). The day we arrived Koh phi phi was cloudy and the wave of sea was very high and heavy, the staffs of relax beach resort didn't inform and remind us to protect our belongings to put in the safe places in order to avoid wet, so some guests were already so scared sitting in the heavy shaking of boat and at the same time to protect their cameras in the pockets and hands (one girl held a big professional camera).
There is not hot shower at all and electricity is only working from 6pm to 6am, so the bathroom is very dark during the day. If you need to access Internet, you need to pay and sit in the reception area.
We were there in Christmas time and the party was good with nice guests around. We had good time and enjoyed the tasty foods.
1) Foods are good provided in this resort
2) if you are bored in this isolated beach, you can hike to view point to kill the time.
United States of America,
December 25, 2012
We stayed for 3 days in a small cozy bungalov. The staff was very friendly and did everything to acommodate our needs. The only thing they could improve is a better care of their beach, clean more often.
A full day trip with Relach Beach resort is a fantastic experience. Small group, no rush makes the trip worth every penny.
Families with older children
December 24, 2012
An aptly named resort
Quiet, tradtional and exceptionally friendly staff - not a party resort
This was our second time here, this time with our young adult children. You need to come here being aware that there is no hot water, air conditioning or electricity 6am - 6pm. This is part of why we love it - you really feel like you are getting away from it all. We love it here - totally relaxing - leave all your stress behind and enjoy. Also great snorkelling trips from here.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Phi Phi Relax Beach Resort, Koh Phi Phi (Krabi)
- A very quiet get away - We stayed here for 3 nights and while it was a gorgeous plac
- A wonderful resort - Except the mosquitoes, the resort is wonderful. Near the bea
- Amazing beach but no hot water - I arrived with my sister at the resort which is about 5 beac
- Amazing location, beautiful nature. - Easily my wife’s favorite hotel that we stayed in Thailand.
- Away from everything,nice food,sea,beach -
Nice resort,best tourguides from hotel ever,made our t
- away from everything - me and one of my friend were beach lovers, the hotel got not
- back to nature, no hazzle - We travelled around Thailand and Relax resort was the place
- bad experience - The resort's remote location appealed to us as it's great fo
- Beautiful resort on the sea with friendly staff - we loved this resort - loved our hut but would recommend get
- Beautiful beach, but I would not go back - Phi Phi Relax Beach Resort was unfortunately anything but re
- Best place on our holiday -
- Best place on Phi Phi for relaxing - This resort is pretty, well managed and friendly enough, but
- Decent place, but difficult to cheaply sightsee. - Staff not particularly friendly, although this did not come
- Excellent resort - beautiful, quiet, peaceful, great food and well worth the vi
- Fantastic location and great service - originally booked 3 nights here but we booked an extra 4 as
- Fantastic location -
- Great & quiet locationwith great service - We arrived on a high season so the place was full but it did
- Great Beach - Beach was amazing, clear and very warm, approx half an hour
- Great location but too many mosquitos - a beautiful place and peaceful environement but too many mos
- Great location if you are looking to get away f - I have mixed reviews on this hotel. It was very nice. Its on
- Great resort in a great location - We stayed 3 nights in this resort and thouroughly enjoyed ar
- Lovely place right on the beach - The resort is mainly only accessed via long boat from the ma
- Nice bungalows and restaurant - Overall good hotel, located on an isolated part of the Islan
- nice place shame about bungalow - If your looking for the definition of paradise, most people
- Nice place, remote on Phi Phi, far from bar scene. - good staff, french manager, a bit far from the centre, you h
- Paradise on Earth - We got to the PhiPhi Relax Resort by taxiboat (cost 600 baht
- paradise with a few t's and c's - beautiful resort on the east side of phi phi. the place is r
- paradise - This place is perfect. The staff was great. The beach was be
- Paradise - We stayed for 4 nights. The resort is secluded and only acce
- Peaceful location - Small bungalows in the privat beach were just what we had ex
- Perfect - 1. First of all, all comments on these tourist boards should
- Phi Phi Relax Beach Resort, - Our stay was ok, but I wouldn't recommend it to a friend. It
- Phi Phi Relax Beach Resort -
- Phi Phi Relax Beach Resort -
- private resort no club no bar - If you want to stay private beach this resort is very good..
- Quite good resort in a perfect location - i've been there for some nights and i could appreciate all t
- Quite nice place but lazy staff - I often travel in Thai and this is overall a nice islands gr
- really nice and peaceful place - really peaceful place and generally friendly staff.
- relaxing in paradise - great service for phi phi relax and amazing clean, very secl
- Romantic beach. - perfect quiet place for honeymoon. have a private beach in t
- Secluded beach resort with basic clean huts. - Reasonably priced and friendly staff. I did a kind of medita
- Super miejsce na wakacje, przemiłą obsługa - super place for your holidays if you prefer peace and relaxa
- The name says it all. - Nothing to do but relax which was brilliant because thats so
- Very nice bungalow and super friendly staff - great bungalow and private beach, great food and staff alway
- Very nice place - Not that much to do, but if for relax and rest, perfect loca
- wonderful resort i'v expected - well. we'v had 2 wonderful nights there, thus my wife strong