Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (614)
March 18, 2012
This hotel is well situated but sub standard. Breakfast was included but bad. For less money one could rent a backpackers room with a similar standard.
March 15, 2012
neat rooms, quiet location
roomy, private balcony, beach access
good location on the quieter side of phi phi, great beach access with free wifi in cafe
March 07, 2012
less than average hotel
good location, nice pool, friendly staff
not what we would call luxury deluxe,air con was not very efficient,dripped water onto the dresser.Room and outside areas including around the pool had sewage smell which was abit offputting.bathroom could have been improved with toilet cleaner and bleach and maybe a scented candle or something similar, also no tea\coffee making facilities in the room.
Would go to phi phi island again but would not stay here.Bathroom was dark and dingy,had problems with the safe not opening on occasions but staff came and opened it very quickly on notifying them.
trip on long tail boat to various locations very enjoyable,snorkling,swimming,sunbaking.
March 06, 2012
Perfect for a short stay!
hotel was nice, the bungalow was nice but needed some general maintenance, it was a nice hotel for a short stay, the pool area was good but the pool was always warm so not refreshing also not many sun beds and the french put their stuff on half of them and went out for half a day and the toilet stunk and the smell came accross the pool area! despite the negative we would stay again, we had a great time there and enjoyed the bar accross from hotel carpe diem.
The restaurant Carpe Diem accross from the hotel is great and if you are sitting by the pool they will deliver food and drinks to you.
March 04, 2012
great location, good size bungalows - poor cs
great location, good sized bungalow (deluxe), though the bathroom needs updating and the reception staff are seriously lacking in customer service skills.
the toilet seat was loose, and it took 2 days for this to be fixed, even after reporting this on 3 separate occasions - 2 times to reception and 1 time to the maid. the reception staff all seem to have an attitude. and do not even smile or acknowledge you when you either enter or leave - something i had never experienced before in thailand (and i have been here on holiday 10 times in the last 9 years)
aside from these minor complaints the location is great, scenery is breathtaking and this resort has an excellent pool. i have been to phi phi 3 times now, and i had previously stayed at the andaman beach resort, which is next door, however i would say this is better.
Families with older children
March 04, 2012
Good location but service to be improved
Location, rooms and beach front bar
This was 4th time we return to this hotel, so its a pity to write something less than complimentary. On the surface the hotel has much to offer; Good location, rooms correct at price level, pool etc. At our 1st visit in 2006 the island was recovering from the tsunami that obliterated so much of the infrastructure, and perhaps as the tourist industry in Phi Phi was in early stages of recovery we received a warm welcome and a happy smile everywhere. Our 2nd visit to the island in 2009 and again to PhiPhi Villa was as memorable.
Although the general standard of the hotel has not changed dramatically since our visit visit, indeed there are some improvements, the overall service has slipped, and the happy welcoming smiles that were so much in evidence during earlier visits were absent.
No towels in rooms on arrival, only available at 6pm, next morning towels collected but no replaced until 6pm next day. Apparently laundry is sent to mainland and clearly there is not sufficient towels to manage the rotation. A fairly basic detail this and not complicated to manage for a hotel at this level. Perhaps the proprietor see the hotel simply as a money machine and has started to neglect the details that contribute to an over positive experience for guests.
Breakfast is adequate, but moving the breakfast from beach front location to a recently constructed upstairs breakfast area is a step in the wrong direction. Although choice at breakfast has improved the ambience is completely sterile, and having a simple breakfast overlooking Tonsai bay would be altogether a more enjoyable way to start the day in what remains a tropical paradise. Hopefuly the management may see these comments. As a guest on 4 occasions to this hotel I must say the hotel is not bad, but the price is not cheap, If PhiPhi Villa wishes to leave guests with a 100% positive experience they need to pay a lot more attention to detail and service with a smile.
PhiPhi Island is a great place for a short stay, Maya Bay famous for the file setting for The Beach now gets overcrowded, so if you plan to visit make sure to get a long tail early before the big tourist boats arrive from Phuket & Krabi.
If you plan to dive there is a big choice of dive centres. Barracuda are one that I can recommend having dived with them on several occasions
Some great fire shows at several bars the best we found was at Carlitos bar.
March 04, 2012
Great location but basics rooms
in front of a great beach
it was a nice stay, but the acommodations are not like in the website.
the bathroom are not clean.
March 03, 2012
Good location, nice room but dirty.
We stayed there for 6 nights, and enjoyed the stay. Ok value for money. But they could be better with a good clean up! Everything was dirty. Rooms were good and big! with a nice place to sit outside. But they couldnt clean! The breakfast area was dirty with cat piss on the floor and smelly! The whole place was like they didnt bother the work off cleaning and making it nice.
Breakfast was bad. We ate dinner at the restaurant one night, never again.. Service was poor and they forgot to bring food we ordered.
Value for money, NO! but the location is good!
United States of America,
March 02, 2012
I am not sure why some people think this hotel is paradise. The island location surely is, but not the hotel. We stayed here 5 nights, at about USD 100 per night. I tried to extend checkout by a few hours and was told that to do so I would be charged 500 baht per hour! The staff even tried to stiff me on a so-called missing glass from the room when I was collecting my 1,000 baht key deposit. It is not advertised but the shower and sink water is brackish. Some may not appreciate this inconvenience.
I had to keep ‘fixing’ the door handle to our ‘villa’ as it kept getting loose. Without these adjustments it would have fallen off. The toilet seat was broken. The shower backed up each time we used it. Clean towels were available after 6:00 PM - usually. There was one pump bottle of thin liquid soap that was to be used as a face soap, shower soap and shampoo. I had to buy a spray to kill the mosquitoes in the room each evening. The staff were generally unfriendly and unsympathetic to the lack of towels etc etc. Most of them should not be in the service industry. The pool was nice until you looked closely. A number of ceramic tiles have separated from the base of the pool and the grout on the side walls has black algae.
Now, on a more positive note. We were met at the ferry and shown to the hotel – a nice gesture. The breakfast was pleasant and varied. The sheets on the bed were clean. Wireless worked in the computer room, the breakfast area and by the pool.
Try the Phi Phi Chukit day trip boat.
March 01, 2012
It was ok, rooms not the best but still comfortable, breakfast probably 4/10.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Phi Phi Villa Resort, Koh Phi Phi (Krabi)
- Basic but good - The hotel is basic but ok. Nothing flash, but it does the j
- Comfortable and quiet but still a good location - We only stayed here one night as they were completely booked
- Decent and quiet with nice pool - For the most part we enjoyed our stay at Phi Phi Villa Resor
- Disappointment from the start - I usually take all hotel reviews with a grain of salt, but p
- excellent value & great service! -
- Fantastic Location and Friendly Staff - we had 3 very enjoyable nights at the phi phi villa resort.
- Friendly Hotel - nice friendly atmosphere. great pool. wifi a bit slow.
- Friendly staffs - Good atmosphere and location but neeed more clean the area m
- Good but overpriced - Great location. Just outside of main part of town which is 5
- Good location and std rooms - Very enjoyable and suitable location and standard of accommo
- Good location but not staff - The hotel had a good location since it had its own beach. So
- Good location, but very slow service - The deluxe bungalow rooms are large, but very simple and the
- Good Stay - Overall our experience at the Phi Phi Villa was very good.
- Gorgeous bungalows in a gorgeous location - Bungalows were very nice, very close to beach. We found the
- Great hotel, best location, really nice pool - would definately stay here again and again. after staying wi
- Great location but far to shop - the position is very good, but far to shopping, buffet break
- Great location with a sea view - This is a very good hotel to spend a couple of days in Phi P
- Great service, great hotel! - Staff was very friendly and accesible. The location of the h
- Loved it - We spent 3 days on the island and could have stayed longer.
- Lovely hotel on the beach with great location - the bathroom is in a bad condition it could be better.
- lovely hotel. great location - Loved being here. Opp. beach and close enough to walk into t
- Nice Hotel, lovely staff - stayed for 4 nights. staff picked us up from pier with a bug
- nice hotel,lovely area right on beach - really enjoyed our stay nice clean basic rooms,swimming pool
- nice hotel,very pleasent service , good location - Nice locatin, good swimming pool, easy access to the beach ,
- Nice hotel - ok hotel, nice rooms, however everything else is extra, char
- Nice place to stay for 3-5 days. -
- Nice place with a Great Pool - Staff were friendly and looked after the travellers very wel
- Nice rooms - The bungalows are nice and quiet
- Ok for backpackers - This hotel is well situated but sub standard. Breakfast was
- ok price for low season, overpriced in high season - good deal in the low season, but I think high season would b
- One of the better ones on Koh Phi Phi - we stayed here for 4 nights and were a little weary at first
- Phi Phi Villa Resort - Phi Phi Villa Resort is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms
- PhiPhi Villas - Friendly staff, nice pool, very close to the beach, but not
- Pretty good location. - The villa I stayed in was big but the toilet was not well li
- Quiet oasis - Excellent service, spacious rooms and nice breakfast
- Really nice place, rooms very basic - This hotel was really nice, the location is lovely, breakfas